Jaeger Project vs Superman (Superman Returns)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

It was decided on the vine that Man of Steel Superman would struggle greatly and maybe even lose against Jaegers from Pacific Rim. How does Superman from Superman Returns fare?

Jaeger project gets 5 weeks prep. No knowledge of kryptonite.

Basic morals apply.

Note that this is Superman from SR only. Reeve's feats do not apply.

Who wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By KnightOfZero

I think he can take them. being small and fast has its advantages. he could also use his x-ray vision to see that there are 2 pilots inside (3 for crimson typhoon), and bust through the cockpit and remove them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he can take them. being small and fast has its advantages. he could also use his x-ray vision to see that there are 2 pilots inside (3 for crimson typhoon), and bust through the cockpit and remove them.

I think so too, but maybe they could manage to hit him since morals are on.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KnightOfZero

@logy5000 how would morals on affect superman. all that would do is make him not kill the pilots. it wouldnt cause him to reduce his speed so that he would get hit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofzero: SR Superman doesn't have feats of dodging anything.

Avatar image for greatkirbysghost
GreatKirbysGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman : giant robot :: Batman : street thug

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000

i see where you are coming from because this superman isnt the one who casually moves at light speed, but there are still several factors to consider:

1: superman is much, MUCH smaller than the monsters the jagers were built to fight. they were meant to go hand to hand with godzilla like monsters (some over 200 feet), not a 6 foot tall flying man. due to his size, it would make the fighter much harder for the jagers because seeing him would be an issue in and of its self. there is a huge difference between a 200 foot monster and a small guy who can easily hide on the robot (say...behind the head)

2: Superman is stronger than the jagers. He lifted an island made of kryptonite into space. not only did he lift an entire island, he was constanly being weakened by it. he could throw these robots into space if he wanted to. but because morals are on, i think he will settle with ripping of an arm or a leg.

3: Superman is fast. not as fast as other versions of him, but faster than the monsters that the kaiju. so, whats stopping him from immediately going into the cockpit of the robot and pulling the pilots out (making the giant robot useless) and doing this 5 times? not to mention the plasma cannons on the jegars take time to charge up, so he will know whats coming and dodge accordingly. same for any missile fired. and if he is in the position of being punched or crushed by a jegar, not only will it do next to do damage, but he can probably push it back.

so, what can the kaiju do exactly to hurt superman? or stop him at all?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofzero: In all honesty, I haven't seen Pacific Rim; I'm going off of what people said in other threads. In the Pacific Rim vs Man of Steel thread, people were saying that the Jaegers were physically stronger and more durable than MoS kryptonians.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000

well, to each their own. sorry if i came off sounding like a jerk. not what i meant to do :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofzero: No no, I didn't mean that. I'm just stating why I'm not very knowledgeable on PR characters.

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000: People make it seem like Superman Returns Superman isn't on the same level of Reeves Superman. They somehow forget he lifted an ISLAND of kryptonite. His only weakness, and after getting impaled, he then proceeds to lift an island that's literally brimming at the seems of his weakness. Like, WTF? MoS Superman on the other hand is much weaker than this incarnation.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000: People make it seem like Superman Returns Superman isn't on the same level of Reeves Superman. They somehow forget he lifted an ISLAND of kryptonite. His only weakness, and after getting impaled, he then proceeds to lift an island that's literally brimming at the seems of his weakness. Like, WTF? MoS Superman on the other hand is much weaker than this incarnation.

Yet still tanked gravity that was altering the earth's topography.

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: Hey, Superman still has to be Super, but that still aint much. If earth randomly got the gravity of Planet Vegeta or Namek, it's topography would be altered, but a baby saiyan/namekian can survive it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reeve casually pushed the moon out of it's orbit. And Routh's speed doesn't even compare to Reeve's.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

There would be a struggle but Superman wins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzeru said:

@logy5000 said:

@soothing_sounds said:

Reeve casually pushed the moon out of it's orbit. And Routh's speed doesn't even compare to Reeve's.

Routh is Reed. It's the same Superman.

He would defeat the Jaegers and so would MOS Superman. Who would ever argue otherwise?

I know, but I made it so that it's only Routh's feats in OP.

CitizenBane & Killemall debated otherwise. Those 2 are among the most knowledgeable users on CV.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzeru said:
@logy5000 said:

I know, but I made it so that it's only Routh's feats in OP.

CitizenBane & Killemall debated otherwise. Those 2 are among the most knowledgeable users on CV.

Knowledgeable on what? 2 movies everyone saw?

There is no way in hell MOS Superman would lose to any Jaeger. He is too fast, too small and strong enough to take the Jaegers apart. There wouldn't even be a fight, where he would brawl it out.

MOS could use his Super Vision and X-Ray Vision from a safe distance to see what he is dealing with. He would see two people inside of the Jaeger, count 1 and 1 together, rip the entrance door open and be inside of the Jaeger. Over.

Superman Returns Superman would do that even quicker and with less casualties.

They're both extremely knowledgeable on Superman.

Then perhaps SR Superman vs MoS Superman would be a better fight.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman from SR. He was pretty strong, he was able to lift that entire stretch of adaptive metal (forgot what the material was called) at the end of the movie while still recovering/being harmed by kryptonite. Superman would be fast enough to get behind the Jaegers and use his X-ray vision to find the Jaeger's weak points (for example, the two/three pilots being in the head / being able to find out that Cherno Alpha's pilot and head are in the center of the Jaeger's chest). If the Level 3-5 Kaiju were able to quite easily rip off the Jaegers' robotic limbs off of their hinges if given the chance, then Superman should be strong enough to do the same.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Superman from SR. He was pretty strong, he was able to lift that entire stretch of adaptive metal (forgot what the material was called) at the end of the movie while still recovering/being harmed by kryptonite. Superman would be fast enough to get behind the Jaegers and use his X-ray vision to find the Jaeger's weak points (for example, the two/three pilots being in the head / being able to find out that Cherno Alpha's pilot and head are in the center of the Jaeger's chest). If the Level 3-5 Kaiju were able to quite easily rip off the Jaegers' robotic limbs off of their hinges if given the chance, then Superman should be strong enough to do the same.

he lifted a small country of kryptonite its a stomp

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Soothing_Sounds

@logy5000: So? Was that moon made out of kryptonite? No? Oh alright. His speed doesn't compare "feat-wise" but he was only in one movie, while Reeve was in what, like, 3? Strength wise though, he just lifted an island of his own weakness, very slowly. He should've been killed, or at least, not been able to use Super strength and flight, while lifting an island of his weakness. Doesn't make sense, like, at all, so compare to superman flying around the world so fast he goes back in time, which also doesn't make sense, and you see that they could be the same incarnation of Superman.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman returns have no dodging feats. And will try to tank a ELBOW ROCKET PUNCH from gipsy danger. resulting in getting owned by the sheer awesomeness of the attack alone.

Ghetsiscmcvne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman stomps and they all end up in orbit.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes takes it

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WF_Mxyzptlk

@ghetsis said:

Superman stomps and they all end up in orbit.

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What ? how'd MoS have problems with them ?

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

neither returns or man of steel superman have any difficulty winning this.