#1 Posted by The Stegman (24638 posts) - - Show Bio

Now I know this fight has  been done before on the site, but this time I want to make it a bit more interesting by adding specifics. 

RULES- 

-Both opponents are in their prime. 
-Both opponents get 24 hours prep time, and what I mean by prep time is that they can study videos of each other, memorizing and studying the other's fighting style. 
-NO WEAPONS 
-Morals Off, both are bloodlusted 
-Fight to K.O or death. 
-Fight takes place here: 

UFC OCTAGON 

Who wins?? 

Chan in his prime:

Jet in his prime: 

#2 Posted by Immortal777 (7625 posts) - - Show Bio

Jet li wins

Im not sure what Jackie can do outside of films.

#3 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777: his signature I think is Drunken fist which isn't bad. In their prime though? Jackie>Jet

Though Bruce Lee beats them both.

#4 Posted by Joygirl (20040 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackie acts like a goofy stuntman for some reason, but underneath it all he's a BAMF. No weapons will hurt but I'll give this win to him.

#5 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackie has the ability

#6 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackie CHAN!!!!

#7 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackie Chan

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33628 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony Jaa

#9 Posted by Joygirl (20040 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

Tony Jaa

Fails horribly, then goes off to pray and go completely insane?

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33628 posts) - - Show Bio
@Joygirl said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Tony Jaa

hardly 
#11 Posted by Joygirl (20040 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@Joygirl said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Tony Jaa

hardly

Then explain to me why he randomly disappeared for months during Ong-Bak 3, then returned and made it ****ing crazy?

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33628 posts) - - Show Bio
@Joygirl said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Joygirl said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Tony Jaa

hardly

Then explain to me why he randomly disappeared for months during Ong-Bak 3, then returned and made it ****ing crazy?

He became a monk, all real practitioners of Muay Thai have to become a Buddhist monk at some point.
#13 Posted by Joygirl (20040 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@Joygirl said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Joygirl said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Tony Jaa

hardly

He became a monk, all real practitioners of Muay Thai have to become a Buddhist monk at some point.

Huh. Well I liked him way better before he became a monk and started making bad movies.

#14 Posted by AssertingValor (5393 posts) - - Show Bio

JET

#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33628 posts) - - Show Bio
@Joygirl said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Joygirl said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Joygirl said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Tony Jaa

hardly

He became a monk, all real practitioners of Muay Thai have to become a Buddhist monk at some point.

Huh. Well I liked him way better before he became a monk and started making bad movies.

regardless your he's still a better fighter whether you like his films or not
#16 Posted by Joygirl (20040 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@Joygirl said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Joygirl said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Joygirl said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Tony Jaa

hardly

regardless your he's still a better fighter whether you like his films or not

I don't know that he's a better fighter than Chan or Li. He looks better because his movies focused on making him break everybody's bones, but there's no evidence that the chinese fighters can't also do that. They just don't throw elbows and knees at everyone and, especially with Jackie, are usually non-lethal in their movies.

#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33628 posts) - - Show Bio
@Joygirl said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Joygirl said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Joygirl said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Joygirl said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Tony Jaa

hardly

regardless your he's still a better fighter whether you like his films or not

I don't know that he's a better fighter than Chan or Li. He looks better because his movies focused on making him break everybody's bones, but there's no evidence that the chinese fighters can't also do that. They just don't throw elbows and knees at everyone and, especially with Jackie, are usually non-lethal in their movies.

Chan learned stage fighting at an Opera school, he's never been in a real fight in his life 
#18 Posted by MB25 (336 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: A bloodlusted Jet Li takes this fairly easily and the video you posted from Fist of Legend is not Jet Li in his prime. That is arguably his best movie but its not him in his prime... To me this is Jet in his prime:

#19 Posted by The Stegman (24638 posts) - - Show Bio
@MB25: Yeah I saw those videos...and to be honest, I was looking for non Fan Made videos or compilations, just pure Jet fighting, which is why I didn't use those.
#20 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5676 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: Not in competition..but he's fought agaigst the other students.

#21 Posted by MB25 (336 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: Well then you definitely showed the right movie.

#22 Posted by BMEZY (1215 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackie takES it!!

:D

#23 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

@MB25:

Jackie Chan's best fights are much more impressive than Jet Li, he wins.

#24 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackie does his own stunts

Jackie>Jet

BUT U ARE ALL FORGETTING THE BEST THERE EVER WAS!!! BRUCE LEE

#25 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordMaverick said:

JET

#26 Posted by MB25 (336 posts) - - Show Bio

@PikminMania: Jackies fights might be better choreographed but if you think a chinese opera performer/stuntman can beat a 5 time wushu champion who started training at 8, then there's probably nothing i can say that will change your mind

#27 Posted by fluffypigeons (258 posts) - - Show Bio

jet li hands down

#28 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

That video posted of Jackie might have been his physical prime but not the peak of his skill.Personally, I find that Jet's films are enjoyable but they're so terribly choreographed and he rarely does any of his own stunts.

Jackie>Jet.

#29 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5465 posts) - - Show Bio

Jet li

#30 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1527 posts) - - Show Bio

Jet li would win, I believe jet li was a martial artist since childhood while jackie chan got his start as an acrobat? tell me if I'm wrong? I see li being an actual fighter while chan is more of a film fighter.

#31 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackie chan, drunken fist master for the win

#32 Posted by The Stegman (24638 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackie Chan vs Jet Li battle thread of Earth.... 

#33 Posted by Nefarious (20630 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackie Chan.

#34 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8869 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackie Chan himself has stated Jet Li would win on his personal blog.

#35 Posted by KillerZ (1609 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread needs this video

#36 Posted by Z3RO180 (6588 posts) - - Show Bio

@KillerZ: i love that movie :)

#37 Posted by theONEtaichou (1536 posts) - - Show Bio

@MB25 said:

@PikminMania: Jackies fights might be better choreographed but if you think a chinese opera performer/stuntman can beat a 5 time wushu champion who started training at 8, then there's probably nothing i can say that will change your mind

EXACTLY!!! Li wrecks him...

#38 Posted by Bossmonster (2245 posts) - - Show Bio

@VercingetorixTheGreat: As far as I understand, Chan is not a trained Martial artist in the traditional since nor does he have actually combat experience. This is not to take away from his skill with it. Chan learned what his basic's at a school while actually studying Opera and Entertainment. He later went on to be a great stunt man. He is good at Imitating styles on Camera. Such as his drunken fist.

Li on the other hand was apart of the National Wushu team and does has formal/traditional training as well as combat experiences.

So, I'm giving to Li.

#39 Posted by afueikawa (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bossmonster said:

@VercingetorixTheGreat: As far as I understand, Chan is not a trained Martial artist in the traditional since nor does he have actually combat experience. This is not to take away from his skill with it. Chan learned what his basic's at a school while actually studying Opera and Entertainment. He later went on to be a great stunt man. He is good at Imitating styles on Camera. Such as his drunken fist.

Li on the other hand was apart of the National Wushu team and does has formal/traditional training as well as combat experiences.

So, I'm giving to Li.

THIS.

#40 Posted by Captain_Awesome85 (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackie all the way

#41 Posted by dondave (37973 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackie Chan ftw

#42 Posted by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

jackie

#43 Edited by Wardemon32 (4152 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackie

#44 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

IIRC, Jackie once said he, Sammo and Yuen trained under Keith Vitali and Benny Urquidez in straight up kickboxing with the two champions regarding the three Chinese as "champion quality"... Whether or not that was courtesy or honesty, I don't know... But how they do their technique is pretty convincing. So I guess that evens out Li's Sanshou training. Undecided for now.

#45 Posted by CHE_GUEVARA (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackie Chan - height = 5 ft 8.5 inches or 1.74 m weight = 165 lbs or 75 Kg

Jet Li - height = 170 cm / 5'7" weight = 66 kg / 145.5 lbs

therefore based on this info we can conclude that Jackie Chan would would win but these figures can be highly misleading as it is skill which matters not body statistics.

#46 Posted by Bruxae (13984 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Jackie would take it.

#47 Edited by Warioman (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd go with Li. Jackie's got the style but would mostly be playing defensive the whole time. Once Li manages to land a hit its all over.

#48 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

Could go either way TBH.