good day

BadVoodoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In Character - Jacky Chan uses toonforce

OOC - Bruce Lee slaughter stomps, seriously the man actually knew how to fight. He defeated a master in 2 minutes and complained about not being able to defeat him sooner.

TheReptile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheReptile

I love Jackie but Bruce lee is king of martial arts.

http://youtu.be/uUs9CsCyLFM?t=1m18s (Jackie even has huge respect for him)

Bruce lee facts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja2Ebzp2BnU

Bruce Lee wins!

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jet Li beats them all...

good day

How?

Bruce Lee trained every day from the greatest legends of his time.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Lee should win here...

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zr0c00l

Jet lis the only one with a credible martial arts competition record. Bruce has a lot of statements and assumed facts but li has won actual martial arts competitions. I say li wins.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bossmonster

@zr0c00l: Sadly you don't know what you're talking about. Not really.

1)Li did not fight on the Beijing Wushu team. It is a performance team

2)Li does not have a competitive fighting record.

3)His Competitive championship are from the Following link and things like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lKFDANrJ78

Li was not a real fighter. Some sources say that he ended his formal Martial arts training at around 17 or 20.

More so, here is as video of Chan saying that he could not track bruce lee with his eyes.

Bruce would crush them both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfZTgLwWpts

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Marshall_Long

The man who beat Chuck Norris

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Lee would win and afterwards wipe his ass off with Anderson Silva, who is considered as the best fighter of all time by some unedjucated tools.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Bruce Lee

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Bruce Lee shows the youngins why he's the master.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

The one and only Dragon.

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Lee could bench 300 pounds, despite being 135. He would beat the living crap out of both Jackie and Jet.

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Lee stomps the rest in under 30 seconds.

Zijuun.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

I'm going with the IP Man prodigy, Bruce Lee. He's a beast!

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

May I see any of them in a real fight instead of one that was choreographed and/or plotted out?

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Bruce Lee easily

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Lee stomps, they literally had to slow down his movements in his movies.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Bruce Lee

2. Jackie Chan

3. Jet Li

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

You should have included Ip Man... Bruce Lee's master. But Bruce should stomp here.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BlackWind

A real, non plotted fight? What? Where would you even get that?! Speaking as a martial artist myself, why would they want to be in real fights and have someone tape them? Real life fighting should be avoided unless it can't be helped. Like that time Bruce put a dude in the hospital with a single kick because he broke into his home and scared his family.

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MagnificentStorm

I know that Bruce Lee has made a very huge mark on martial arts but its not like neither Jet Li or Jackie Chan havent. I think the fight would come down to Jackie Chan an Bruce Lee

But i will say this would be an amazing match to watch.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Lee one-shots them all.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Bruce Lee wins, he defeated Chuck Norris nobody ever defeated Chuck Norris.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Bruce

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonetaichou said:

Jet Li beats them all...

good day

How?

This. Well, the large majority of them at least. Bruce used to Spar with most of the people in his films, many of whom held distinguished world titles. For instance, his sparring partner was Chuck Norris. Now, this isn't a Chuck Norris joke line, but Chuck was a serious BA in terms of martial arts. Norris was an international Karate Champion and the first westerner ever granted the title of Grandmaster in Tae Kwon Do.

Bruce Lee has better training as far as I know, and a better rep against big players.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read Bruce's autobiography. He was a maniac as a kid and ran with a street gang causing all kinds trouble. It was the reason he started training in the first place. Remember the navy seal he beat up at the start of the film Dragon? Kinda really happened, only the seal was a rival gang member and the son of two triad members. Bruce beat the kid half to death, and this is after he started training with Ip man, which is why his folks shipped his Ass to the states. He might not have fought in many competitions, but the streets of Hong Kong were tucked in their homes in fear. Bruce eats these dudes.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

@theonetaichou said:

Jet Li beats them all...

good day

How?

This. Well, the large majority of them at least. Bruce used to Spar with most of the people in his films, many of whom held distinguished world titles. For instance, his sparring partner was Chuck Norris. Now, this isn't a Chuck Norris joke line, but Chuck was a serious BA in terms of martial arts. Norris was an international Karate Champion and the first westerner ever granted the title of Grandmaster in Tae Kwon Do.

Bruce Lee has better training as far as I know, and a better rep against big players.

I do get the greatness of Bruce Lee's status but I still do not think he can beat Li. Sparring with people in a movie is great, Li has done the same. Many fantastic but not as well known especially in the West.

Better training... based on?

good day

Read Bruce's autobiography. He was a maniac as a kid and ran with a street gang causing all kinds trouble. It was the reason he started training in the first place. Remember the navy seal he beat up at the start of the film Dragon? Kinda really happened, only the seal was a rival gang member and the son of two triad members. Bruce beat the kid half to death, and this is after he started training with Ip man, which is why his folks shipped his Ass to the states. He might not have fought in many competitions, but the streets of Hong Kong were tucked in their homes in fear. Bruce eats these dudes.

sir, there are many maniacs in many countries running with street gangs causing all kinds of trouble, including my former teacher. Should I therefore say he can beat Lee because of that? people are always beating rival gang members in the world (and some beat them to death), it doesn't mean you are better. I am still not seeing Lee beat Li.

...Bruce eats dumplings, very tasty.

good day

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Is there literally anyone out there/that has ever existed in the real world that would be a legit good match for Bruce Lee?

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By zr0c00l

@chibio: you cant be serious, silva would destroy all these guys. Jose aldo is in the same weight class as him and would destroy bruce lee. Having real accomplishments beats imagined or implied ones.......

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bruce lee could have been batman had he wanted he wins easily.

Avatar image for randomcharachter
randomcharachter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They can't hit Bruce because of respect

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No special effects!

Loading Video...
Djangophile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Djangophile

dohnt look at da fingahh or you'll miss ahwl dat heavonwee gahworyyyy

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonetaichou: So here's the thing, Bruce Lee actually fought the people he fought in the movies off screen, like I said. Regardless of what you think about his movies, the fact of the matter is that almost everyone of the people he faced up against were world renowned. Chuck Norris was the International Karate Champion, Ji Han-Jae invented Hapkido, Robert Wall and Hwang In-Shik, etc. etc. Even the average level of people he sparred with were simply higher than most other movie budgets. Lee even competed for the International Karate title.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonetaichou: So here's the thing, Bruce Lee actually fought the people he fought in the movies off screen, like I said. Regardless of what you think about his movies, the fact of the matter is that almost everyone of the people he faced up against were world renowned. Chuck Norris was the International Karate Champion, Ji Han-Jae invented Hapkido, Robert Wall and Hwang In-Shik, etc. etc. Even the average level of people he sparred with were simply higher than most other movie budgets. Lee even competed for the International Karate title.

that is great... and when Li spars with his film mates why is that a plus for Lee and not for Li? and many of them highly trained in their own right but not as famous?... also MA has changed over the years, even Lee's style was an improvement over what was taught at his time, as he believed it to be rigid. JF-JKD has also changed, with some emphasis on differing abilities (trapping, blocking, attacking). So while Lee started it, I do believe there are masters today in JKD who can kick his butt.

Not to mention the mixing of MA means while I regard Lee high, I do not believe he can beat Li, who with modern training should have an 'advantage'...

good day

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dratini1331

@theonetaichou: Because Lee's sparring partners were of a higher caliber as far as I know and because Lee competed for international titles. Furthermore, Lee's training and practices were all extremely mixed, and that's even assuming mixing has any actual merit. "Cross Training" or what people nowadays call MMA, has been around for hundreds and hundreds of years. Miyamoto Musashi predicted that it would phase out traditional forms of his time because he found them rigid as well, but nothing changed. People have been mixing an matching for centuries to find what's best or improve their own skills. Mixing is not something that is modern by any means.

And while there have been changes, that doesn't necessarily mean it's been significantly improved, nor does it mean that the changes are an actual advantage over older styles. The idea that simply having some change is always good is extremely faulty. I've seen more modern TKD practitioners that are several levels below the older generations. Being trained or focused for sport is different from being trained towards actual militaristic applications.

Modern training should provide an advantage in that Li may be in slightly better shape due to modern sports science. In the grand scheme of things, the overall theory hasn't been changing that much since the advent of popular grappling in the late 70's into the beginning of the UFC and Pride.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Lee > Chuck Norris=God >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jet Li > Jackie Chan

Obvious logic is obvious

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Wardemon32

You guys have it all wrong. Bruce Lee doesn't "stomp". Jackie Chan fighting serious would be a probelm because well--he rarely fights serious. And Jet Li was the world champion in China for I believe 5 years. Jackie Chan can take the most hits here for sure, no doubt about it. He's incredibly fast too just like the rest and unlike Bruce Lee, he actually uses about his whole body.

Talic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it a feat if he fights so fast that they needed to film him with a 32 fps camera instead of a 24 fps camera?

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By theONEtaichou

@theonetaichou: Because Lee's sparring partners were of a higher caliber as far as I know and because Lee competed for international titles. Furthermore, Lee's training and practices were all extremely mixed, and that's even assuming mixing has any actual merit. "Cross Training" or what people nowadays call MMA, has been around for hundreds and hundreds of years. Miyamoto Musashi predicted that it would phase out traditional forms of his time because he found them rigid as well, but nothing changed. People have been mixing an matching for centuries to find what's best or improve their own skills. Mixing is not something that is modern by any means.

...but that is the thing mate, while I do believe that Lee's sparring partners were great I do not believe they were the be-all and end-all of MAs, just as much as I do not believe that Li's sparring partners are the best ever or higher caliber. In fact how would we see this? Literally Lee's reputation drives his accolades, being beaten by Lee or sparring with him can make you famous just because it's Lee. Now take someone who is better than Lee's sparring/battle partner and let him spar with Li, but they don't become famous (because Li lacks the legendary fame of Lee) does that mean Li is less a martial artist? Or his sparring partners? Forgive me I did not mean mixing is modern just that progression from Lee's JKD has occurred, which might be 'advantageous'.

good day

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorites Jackie Chan honestly. I liked Jet Li growing up, Romeo must die was badass lol but the best is Bruce Lee. If 1/2 the stories about him are true he wouldn't be matched. He was deceptively strong and easily faster than Chan and Li. His 1 inch punch was impressive and he is exactly what you think about when someone says Martial Arts

Lion_Heart22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lion_Heart22

Jet Li is mainly a wushu stylist. Wushu, as a sport is mainly for demonstrations or Taolu competitions, where you perform a form (kata in japanese) against other competitors performing their own forms. Contact fighting in Wushu is called Sanda and it resembles kickboxing, except that you can use takedowns on your opponent, but no ground fighting. Jet Li won many a gold medal in his day and is a prodigy but I've not seen anywhere that he was a Sanda prodigy or that he has an impressive fighting record. Not only that but Sanda is a sporting event where you have rules and limits. Furthermore, Jet Li only focused on Northern Wushu styles. Wushu versions of traditional kung fu tend to be watered down and they have a lot of aerial tricks and backflips added to impress judges. Their goal is to win a tournament, not self-defense.

On the other side there is Bruce Lee, who learned Wing Chun from Ip Man, the greatest Wing Chun stylist ever. It is a southern Kung Fu style and there's hardly any beauty and aestheticism to it, it's all function. He used to get into fights all the time, which is why he learned kung fu, to defend himself, not for show. He also did boxing during his early years and became an amateur champion in his school. It is documented by various sources including Lee's own accounts, interviews with friends and collaborators that tell us that Bruce Lee routinely got into street fights and even had a record in China. Upon moving to the U.S he kept fighting people. During this time Lee thought Wing Chun wasn't enough anymore and sought to learn from as many fighting styles as he could and put them to the test. He studied other styles of Kung Fu such as Five Family Fist, Five Animals, Choy Li Fut, fencing, boxing, judo, Muay Thai, etc.

Upon becoming famous, even more and more people sought to fight Lee on the street so they could be the ones to claim having beaten the great Bruce Lee. One of them even broke into his home to challenge him. This man had true fighting experience, which occurs spontaneously and on the streets and not in a ring. One of his challengers later recounted that Lee's first move in their fight was to go for the eyes, since it's a "get badly hurt or hurt badly" situation. He trained several people including Joe Lewis, who is recognized as one of the greatest kickboxers to have ever lived. Lee is the real deal and not for show, simple as that. Not to mention he was someone who truly was at the peak of his physical fortitude.

Jackie Chan never learned any kung fu style formally. His training was for Chinese opera and showmanship, which would've included martial arts. Later on he got into learning some Southern styles but mainly for performance purposes. He is, however, extremely strong, agile and resilient.

I'm a big martial arts fan and come December I'll be undergoing my black belt test in the Five Family, Five Animal style of Kung Fu. Modern sport practices are ruining traditional martial arts IMHO so I know there's a big difference between a sportsman and a martial artist. If a man comes at you you don't kick him in the head, you jab him in the eyes and kick his knee in. Survival is what matters.

tl:dr: Bruce Lee.

Djangophile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce had a ground game before most fighters did back then. Now, after the UFC proving in the early days that traditional martial arts is nonsense and crap on the street, most martial artists built up their ground game. Traditional MARTIAL ARTS and Sports Fighters are nothing a like. REAL martial artists will not engage in sports fighting like that because they train for decades to kill or maime in one hit, or as fast as possible. No nonsense. Train your body for years to break the first thing it hits. Bruce trained to do that. Nobody knows what Chan or Li does in their spare time. They might practice kata and forms, but are they actual martial artists? Nobody knows and you can't do anything but speculate. I say Chan is not, but Li is at least half hearted in his attempts.

Li gave an interview during one of his movies where he faught Marc Dacoscas and a bunch of UFC fighters. He fought Tito Ortiz in the movie and during the interview the reporter asked him what he would do if he had to get into the ring with them for real. He responded and I quote " I would have to kill them to win". That raised my eyebrow and shocked me, because his usually always happy smiling calm expression turned from that to dead serious in an instant. Its like the hard pressed fighter inside of him came out for a second and retreated. He said he'd have to kill them to win, with to me invokes a strong sense of confidence and a moderate potential for him to actually be capable of it. If he kept up with his traditional training and studied, practiced for real then Jet Li is no joke and a lot tougher than anyone gives him credit for. Its not everyday you can say " I'd basically have to end this UFC guys life in the cage" just to win. That is how a real martial artist would talk. They train for years to win quick, no bsing around, no points, no tap outs. Thats how real martial artists train and not how Cage fighters train.

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11