• Standard gear
  • Random encounter
  • Win by KO/Death/Incapacitation

• Both begin visible
  • Begin 10 feet apart
  • Fight takes place here:

Who wins and why?

#2 Edited by nickzambuto (12978 posts) - - Show Bio

All these Luther Strode threads have pretty much forced me to pick up a trade on the series. Once I've done a bit of reading I might change my mind, but for now I'm pretty confident Vamp has this. He apparently knows pressure points too, and his skills have also been tested against other martial artists, even those with stat advantages in Raiden. He also has an unnatural skill for dodging and maneuvering, so it's safe to say Vamp has a big advantage in close quarters combat.

#3 Edited by nickzambuto (12978 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#4 Posted by jashro44 (19730 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Here are some scans of Jack if you want to see feats:

Jack VS Luther. Jack even manages to blitz Luther here
Shows pressure points and is still conscious with a snapped neck (Showing his healing factor)
Again blitzes someone as fast as Luther.
Bullet dodging and deflecting.
Not really relevant but he can smell blood. Stealth doesn't really work on him.

#5 Posted by InFamous_Wolf (969 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by nickzambuto (12978 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@nickzambuto: Here are some scans of Jack if you want to see feats:

Jack VS Luther. Jack even manages to blitz Luther here
Shows pressure points and is still conscious with a snapped neck (Showing his healing factor)
Again blitzes someone as fast as Luther.
Bullet dodging and deflecting.
Not really relevant but he can smell blood. Stealth doesn't really work on him.

That's the famous blitzing and pressure point scans? Can I say it's a lot less impressive now that I actually see the whole thing? I mean, Jack clearly had the upperhand in his fight with Luther, but he was hardly dominating him. Luther got in plenty of hits and besides that single panel, there wasn't much "blitzing" going on. As for the supposed use of pressure points, just because Jack had his hands flat and extended doesn't mean he was using actual

pressure points.

Does Jack have any confirmed training or other references to martial arts knowledge to back up this assumption? Vamp used a pressure point strike to disarm Raiden in the DGN; personally I think this is a lot more clear cut than what Jack did.

@infamous_wolf

3:00-6:05 Vamp was responsible for the complete decimation of SEAL Team 10 during Big Shell, most of it off screen, but there is one seen showcasing his solo of one unit, completely blinding the soldiers with his speed. Then he blitzes and manhandles two peak human bullet timers with ease (at 5:11 he seemingly uses some nerve strike on Raiden's wrist)

Here's the same scene from the video game, which is even more impressive!

Vamp can't even be bothered to dodge automatic gunfire like Luther and Jack do, he just straight up deflects it off his knife. In this scene there isn't even a fight with Snake and Raiden, Vamp just stomps them both instantly. Three things I don't think Jack can replicate:

1. Blocking automatic gunfire with a knife (he sorta did it in that scan but not really to Vamp's extent)
  2. Having an entire conversation in the time it takes Snake to pass Raiden an extra clip
  3. Vanish from thin air without a trace (no wind, no blur, just gone) when two bullet timers are staring right at him

Keep in mind, the canon fodder Vamp decimated are a real-life special forces unit. Y'know, the guys that killed Osama Bin Laden

Even if Jack was using pressure points in that scan, it's not really enough to put him on Vamp's level, who has a lot more in his wrap sheet in terms of martial arts then just nerve strikes, such as shadow binding and muscle reading, two obviously highly complicated and specialized techniques. And of course there's his sheer close quarters prowess with a blade that in my opinion, far FAR exceeds Jack's ability by feats.

He's gotten the better of Cyborg Raiden on two separate occasions through his skill and finesse, despite Raiden's monstrous strength and own incredible skill and training.

Vamp is a much higher grade fighter than Jack, he's probably faster, probably stronger too, and I bet he even has a better healing factor. So Vamp wins.

#7 Posted by jashro44 (19730 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Not really sure what else Jack could be doing in the scan. Why would he be throwing hay-makers with his fingers out when Luther was durable enough to the point Jack couldn't take his arm completely off with a knife? And why would they be more effective then a knife slash? Seems pretty clear he is doing pressure points. As for how Jacks training I don't believe there is a reference the reason we know he is skilled is because thats what he said his advantage was on Luther.

#8 Posted by InFamous_Wolf (969 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: thanks for the feats

Now that I have a clearer understanding
I'm going to give it to Jack but barely. IMO I feel Vamp is a stronger fighter in close quarters but to me Jack is faster. I'm also not sure who is stronger because Jack has only gotten kills or hits in via knives. I also thinks that Jack as better durability and reflexes.

But close fight IMO both are the characters are awesome.

They both have a high durability.

They both are skilled with Knives and are fast.

They both are Badass.