Jack The Ripper (Luther Strode Series):

No Caption Provided

VS.

Skulduggery Pleasant & Tanith Low (Skulduggery Pleasant Series):

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• In character
  • No prior knowledge
  • 1 week prep (they know they're going to be in a fight, but have no idea who their opponent(s) is/are)
  • No BFR
  • Everyone is at their strongest
  • This is post-remnant Tanith
  • Skulduggery and Tanith are willing to work together perfectly to defeat Jack
  • Skulduggery can go Lord Vile, but only as a last resort.
  • Everyone is determined to win
  • Win by Death, KO or Incapacitation

A field of lava. Jack starts on one end of the field, Skulduggery and Tanith start on the other (they are just off the lava). Time is dusk.
A field of lava. Jack starts on one end of the field, Skulduggery and Tanith start on the other (they are just off the lava). Time is dusk.

God_of_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By God_of_Batman
Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Easternwind

@god_of_batman: feats for the non jack people?

But from what I know already I say Team 2.

God_of_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_of_batman: feats for the non jack people?

But from what I know already I say Team 2.

Here's a list of his stats:

Superhuman Speed, Reflexes and Agility- Jack has proven himself to be significantly faster and more agile than Luther (Who himself has effortlessly moved faster than the eye can follow, speed blitzed multiple opponents and dodged Bullets). In his fight with Strode, Jack was able to easily evade and tag him for large portions of the battle. He was also able to use a rapid series of two fingered blows to finally defeat Luther at the end of the battle. Later Jack went on to show that he was fast enough to dodge a whole clip of an M16 fired at him from nigh-point blank range and speed fast enough to kill Binder before he even knew Jack had moved.

Superhuman Healing Factor- Jack was able to heal from having his neck broken by Luther almost instantly.

Superhuman Durability- Jack has shown the ability to take massive blunt trauma attacks that would kill/seriously injure non-powered humans with little to no discomfort. He was able to tank being smashed into concrete with enough force to make a massive crater, and recovered quickly.

Superhuman Strength- While probably not as strong as Luther, Jack has shown strength outside normal human limits. He easily broke Luther's arm in two places, despite the Luther's high level of durability.

Advanced Combat Skills- Jack has shown himself to be a accomplished fighter especially with bladed weapons such as knives. He commented on Luther's lack of skill and finesse, and is arguably the most skilled fighter to appear in the series to date.

And yes, I just copied that from the wiki.... I'm laaazy XD

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_of_batman: no I said the Non jack people, as in team 2, I know jack. sorry.

I only know a few of their feats.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God_of_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_of_batman: no I said the Non jack people, as in team 2, I know jack. sorry.

I only know a few of their feats.

Ah, okay. Got it.

Skulduggery:

Powers and abilities

Elemental Magic

Skulduggery excels at Elemental magic. Air to be his most powerful element. At the beginning of the first book to the end of the third, Skulduggery possessed the standard powers of an Elemental sorcerer. However during his imprisonment in the Faceless Ones' dimension, Skulduggery had ample time to enhance his existing powers and become a stronger adversary. He can now also create streams of fire, fly, create solid walls of air and manipulate earth more than just a defensive element.

Necromancy

When Skulduggery's family was killed, he became possessed by anger and grief and later, around 1850,[4] became the character known as Lord Vile, who began his training at the Necromancer Temple. As Lord Vile, Skulduggery is a master of Necromancy and can bend shadows to his will. He was strong enough to hold his own against Darquesse and even could've killed her if she hadn't healed herself in their showdown at the end of Death Bringer. He can summon spears of darkness, absorb death to make his armour stronger, create ropes of shadows, and use them to rip any people who try to pull off his armour. In Kingdom Of The Wicked he was even able to hold out against Kitana Kellaway and her friends who's powers were close to those of Argeddion himself.

Other skills

Skulduggery is shown to be an expert detective. He commonly picks out key details and comes up with plans. He has a well-known reputation for his skills and is considered cunning and unpredictable. Skulduggery has also displayed his skills in hand-to-hand combat on multiple occasions, being taught how to box by his friend Ghastly Bespoke. He has held his own and defeated opponents on several occasions with his bare hands such as the White Cleaver, Vindick Leather, Vaurien Scapegrace and several Hollow Men. Skulduggery's style of combat has been noted to be brutallly efficent, disregarding finesse for effectiveness. Skulduggery is proficient in punches, kicks, jabs, blocks, throws, counterattacks, choke holds, body locks, counter locks, etc. Skulduggery is also a skilled swordsman able to compete with Burgundy Dalyrymple in swordsmanship. Aside from these skills Skulduggery is proficient with firearms, using his gun instead of magic, stating he likes to use modern technology.

Tanith:

Powers and abilities

Magic

Despite her softer, warmer side, Tanith is a ruthlessly efficient agent for the magical government and an excellent fighter. Tanith is an Adept, which is unusual since most Adepts focus on magical conflict whilst Tanith focuses on physical conflict. Her powers are the ability to run up walls, to unlock locks by simply touching them, and she can make doors stronger and delay people from opening or breaking them down by muttering "Withstand"; when Skulduggery was trying to undo a lock, Valkyrie told him that Tanith could unlock it in a second to which he replied that Tanith was Adept. She has fought various creatures and said to Valkyrie in Playing With Fire , "Val, what could top fighting a god?" to which Valkyrie replied, "I don't know, fighting two gods?". It is revealed in The Maleficent Seven that Tanith chose wall walking as her discipline "because no one else is doing it!"

Other skills

On many occasions Tanith is shown to be deadly in close-range combat, once single-handedly killing a fully grown troll. She is shown to be able to fight in hand-to-hand, having trained for sixty years and sometimes employs hand-to-hand combat in tandem with her swordplay. Tanith's main weapon in a fight is her trademark sword. She nearly always uses it in a fight and possesses masterful swordsmanship skill, able to hold her own against powerful opponents like the White Cleaver. It should be noted that in Tanith's first battle with the White Cleaver the Cleaver easily beat her along with Ghastly Bespoke and Skulduggery Pleasant but in Tanith's second battle with the Cleaver she dueled evenly and overwhelmed the Cleaver, nearly winning the fight. The implies in the first battle with the Cleaver, Tanith was held back or not fighting at her full strength. Her strength, speed, agility, and endurance is at the peak of human potential.

Remnant

After being posed by a remnant in Mortal Coil, she became down right evil. She doesn't care at all for human life and will kill on a whim. Then there's also the fact that she has all of the remnant's prior knowledge and experience. Now, before I continue, I'll give you a quick run down on remnants. Remnants are evil spirits that go around posing people, gaining all of their knowledge when they do so. If they stay in a person for over 3 days, they're bound to that body forever. Now, it's been shown that the particular remnant that's in Tanith has a large variety of powers. Not only has she gained the knowledge of every other person the remnant's been in, she's also got an extreme boost in her strength, speed, agility, durability, fighting skills, etc. She's taken down dozens of heavily armed Clevers (highly trained soldiers that work for the Sanctuary, they have magical damage resistant armour. 1 Clever has been shown to be able to take on over 20 average level sorcerers at one time) without even breaking a sweat.

God_of_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@god_of_batman: Does Skulduggery get his Vile armour?

He has access to it, but because this is in character he would only use it as an absolute last resort (say, if Tanith were to be on the brink of death or actually get killed and he's already attempted using every other method)

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_of_batman: I, unfortunately, have yet to read either of the Luther Strode series and I hesitate to comment on a character who has very solid and definable feats of which I know nothing or at least not enough to give a sensible, impartial analysis of. (And it's Skulduggery Pleasant. I'm not even going to PRETEND I'm impartial)

God_of_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

LJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LJT

Kind of sad how they are fighting on a field of lava, with no doors to reinforce, locks to pick, or walls to run on...

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12 socajunkie  Moderator

Need Jack feats pls

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I'd need feats for Jack.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I know of Jack he’s a speedster by high street standards so he should just blitz these two.