I think those Death Spores are going to be too much for ol Jack :(

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Any particular reason why death spores shouldn't outright kill this guy?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has a healing factor and omega red has a tendency to toy around.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

Great answer j44, but it immediately leads me to 2 very important questions:

1. Can whatever material Jack's knives are made of penetrate Carbonadium Armor plating? And,
  2. Would Jack's healing factor be as susceptible to the poisonous nature of Carbonadium as say his counterparts from Marvel Canada's Weapon X program?

I only ask because I have yet to read any of Luther Strode comics, but the guy intrigues me, so I might just pick up a couple of issues here soon.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@juiceboks said:

How good is his healing factor? If it's not Wolverine level then I don't think he'll be fighting at 100%

He jobs in teamfights like any villain, but in 1v1 or 1v2 situations he's pretty ruthless and sadistic. He almost killed Daredevil just because he got in his way even though he was supposed to avoid killing people with his spores.

No Caption Provided

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

Great answer j44, but it immediately leads me to 2 very important questions:

1. Can whatever material Jack's knives are made of penetrate Carbonadium Armor plating? And,
  2. Would Jack's healing factor be as susceptible to the poisonous nature of Carbonadium as say his counterparts from Marvel Canada's Weapon X program?

I only ask because I have yet to read any of Luther Strode comics, but the guy intrigues me, so I might just pick up a couple of issues here soon.

1. With standard knives he wouldn't stand a chance against omega red since he had problems cutting Luther. All though here he has adamantium knives so damaging omega red shouldn't be too difficult.
  2. I don't think poisons have been tried on Jack all though they have been tried on Luther who has been able to resist them. Binder hit Luther Strode with nerutoxins (that were specifically designed for him IIRC) in Luthers nerve clusters and Luther was able to over come. So its hard to say how good Jacks resistance to poisons and such are but I think its fair to assume there pretty good.

I will post some respect threads below if you want to take some look at scans.

@jashro44 said:

@juiceboks said:

How good is his healing factor? If it's not Wolverine level then I don't think he'll be fighting at 100%

He jobs in teamfights like any villain, but in 1v1 or 1v2 situations he's pretty ruthless and sadistic. He almost killed Daredevil just because he got in his way even though he was supposed to avoid killing people with his spores.

Fair point about daredevil.

All though here are Jacks feats if you want and I will let you decide how he compares to wolverine (his healing feats are tanking bullets, getting slammed into the ground by Luther Strode which caused a big crater, having his neck snapped and being able to fight with a snapped neck, and getting his back punched through and remaining conscious):

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/strider92/blog/jack-the-ripper-respect-thread/93366/

Here are Luthers feats since Jacks big speed feat is being able to blitz him with his speed so this should give you an idea of how impressive Luthers speed and pre cog is:

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/buckshot/blog/the-strange-talents-of-luther-strode/90575/

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

1. With standard knives he wouldn't stand a chance against omega red since he had problems cutting Luther. All though here he has adamantium knives so damaging omega red shouldn't be too difficult.
  2. I don't think poisons have been tried on Jack all though they have been tried on Luther who has been able to resist them. Binder hit Luther Strode with nerutoxins (that were specifically designed for him IIRC) in Luthers nerve clusters and Luther was able to over come. So its hard to say how good Jacks resistance to poisons and such are but I think its fair to assume there pretty good.

Adamantium knives, eh? Nice...

I'm almost convinced (and someone more knowledgeable on Omega Red can school me if I'm wrong) that the poison that emanates from Carbonadium must be a very specific band of radiation that nullifies healing factors, as opposed to something like snake venom or what have you. That said, if Jack's healing factor can hold up against OR's armor and/or tendrils, then he'd better stay far away from the Canadian border, lest he be kidnapped and coerced into Department H's service!

Scans would be cool, thanks!

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

Adamantium knives, eh? Nice...

I'm almost convinced (and someone more knowledgeable on Omega Red can school me if I'm wrong) that the poison that emanates from Carbonadium must be a very specific band of radiation that nullifies healing factors, as opposed to something like snake venom or what have you. That said, if Jack's healing factor can hold up against OR's armor and/or tendrils, then he'd better stay far away from the Canadian border, lest he be kidnapped and coerced into Department H's service!

Scans would be cool, thanks!

Just click the links for scans

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@jashro44:

Scary guy, this Jack the Ripper. Well, if he can stick and move at the speeds he's shown in his own universe, then he might be able to score enough damage to put OR down before his Armor and/or tendrils reduce his accelerated healing down to normal person levels.

Side note: Jack's a freak!