Rules

• Morals are on
  • Standard gear
  • Win by KO/Death/Incapacitation
  • Random encounter

• Both begin visible
  • Begin 30 feet apart
  • Fight takes place here:

Isn't my totally original OP so organized and well formatted?

#2 Edited by jashro44 (25422 posts) - - Show Bio

Best OP ever

#3 Edited by dondave (38893 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by nickzambuto (14931 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Best OP ever

You know it.

When I first saw this, I was like "Grey Fox vs Blood Lusted Raiden." Then went... what!?

#6 Edited by jashro44 (25422 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Best OP ever

You know it.

Yep. All though your thread would be better if you could center the VS.

On the topic of this fight I will give it to Gray Fox. His durability is iffy, but assuming Jack can hurt him its close. I think Jack might be faster and I would say skill is even (Jack has shown pressure points however he hasn't really faced a skill fighter yet), but Gray fox has reach with his sword and has his cannon to give him range. He is also a lot stronger so Jack cannot parry Gray Foxs sword (not to mention Gray foxs sword can cut through anything as well right?)

#7 Edited by nickzambuto (14931 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@jashro44 said:

Best OP ever

You know it.

Yep. All though your thread would be better if you could center the VS.

On the topic of this fight I will give it to Gray Fox. His durability is iffy, but assuming Jack can hurt him its close. I think Jack might be faster and I would say skill is even (Jack has shown pressure points however he hasn't really faced a skill fighter yet), but Gray fox has reach with his sword and has his cannon to give him range. He is also a lot stronger so Jack cannot parry Gray Foxs sword (not to mention Gray foxs sword can cut through anything as well right?)

In regards to the Cyborg Ninja's durability, his exoskeleton grants him a very good deal of blunt force resistance. He's never been tested against blades or piercing, but I would assume the suit would hold up the same.

"Cut through anything" is a vague term. Throughout the entire game we are led to believe Raiden's H/F Blade can cut through anything, yet Armstrong showed us just how wrong that is. The FOX Blade is actually the most powerful weapon in all of Metal Gear lore, beating out the High Frequency Murasama Sword used by Sam. It was sharp enough to pierce REX's Radome just by being thrown (said Radome tanked a barrage of Stinger Missiles with 0 damage) So if you want a measure of how tough the FOX Blade is, it's a bit better than this.

Not debating for either side, just wanted to answer your question.

#8 Posted by jashro44 (25422 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: I guess that means his fight with snake is PIS then? Honestly I was never really sure what to think of Gray foxs durability. On one end he is tanking getting stomped on by metal gear, and on the other snake is able to hurt him. Does he have any other durability showings (good or bad)?

As far as the blade goes as long as it is sharper then Jacks knife it will be a bit of a problem. There is also Gray fox's strength to take into account as well. As long as his blade is beyond standard level Jack can't block it (all though he will probably get disarmed due to Gray fox's strength anyways).

#9 Posted by nickzambuto (14931 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@nickzambuto: I guess that means his fight with snake is PIS then? Honestly I was never really sure what to think of Gray foxs durability. On one end he is tanking getting stomped on by metal gear, and on the other snake is able to hurt him. Does he have any other durability showings (good or bad)?

I don't think it's PIS, I usually just use it as a good strength showing for Snake. Snake's soldier genes make him super human in the same vane as Cap and BP, and his strength feats are consistent with this statement (beating Revolver Ocelot to death and nearly doing the same to Liquid, and Liquid had mad durability)

Fox survived getting stomped on by REX, but he was totally out of commission considering he was literally squirting out blood. The next stomp reduced him to paste. It's still a good feat but he doesn't tank hundred ton hits.

#10 Posted by jashro44 (25422 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: I suppose when you put it that way it makes sense.

#11 Posted by Ostyo (9746 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Not debating because you know you'll win. :P