#1 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

My thoughts kind of evolved between writing the title and the message so it's not just Jack anymore, it's a triple threat. Jack Hawksmoor (god of cities), Ranx (a sentient city) and Midnighter (night's bringer of war packing a yellow power ring) vs Marvel Earth (regular earth-based heroes only and no reality warpers/major magicians [ex: Strange]/cosmics/etc). Earth is alerted 8 minutes before the invaders arrive. Everyone is in character. Marvel heroes are defending their planet and Jack and Midnighter have decided that the 616 Earth deserves to be destroyed. I'm out to play some football so I'm expecting some good responses when I get back. If you don't know a character, look them up or ask Methos (I'm pretty sure he's got knowledge of all the invaders). And I don't just want to hear who wins, I want to know how and why.
Post Edited:2007-08-26 17:13:43

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

so it's Jack, Ranx and Midnighter with a Qwardian power ring Vs Marvel Earth?

my money's on Jack and Midnighter anyday, Ranx can just chill for a bit lol

Jack would just call down the cities, killing a lot of the people in them in the first strike.

for cleanup just imagine Midnighter having the power to kill everyone on the planet in the most devious way possible...

he already has the fight planned in his head, he can easily imagine fighting millions of people at once and i'd put money on he has the will power to do it (after all he did have the will power to smother a girl who looked like his daughter with a pillow...). he could take out 90% of the earth on it's own.

M

#3 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#4 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude you might as well have said Pink Feather v.s Odin....It seems to be a done deal.

#5 Posted by Shattered Hand (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah it seems that the Marvel Universe is pretty much boned, pardon my language. I mean, i'd give it to Hawksmoor and Midnighter by themselves over quite a hefty amount of the Marvel Universe anyways, but giving Midnighter a power ring is like giving the craziest kid the biggest evilest toy which would result in what Methos said "Midnighter having the power to kill everyone on the planet in the most devious way possible" which is more or less exactly what would happen. I mean if jobbers like Amon Sur can "inspire great fear" then Holy Carp, Midnighter would be up their with Superboy Prime and Sinestro when it comes to ringslinging! And thats just before Hawksmoor turns Ranx into a Gundam and mops up the juices...without the heavy hitters like The Sentry and Strange they never stood a chance. Quite a silly battle if ya ask me.

(edited for spelling mistakes)
Post Edited:2007-08-26 19:41:20

#6 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually i want to take back my statement. I failed to factor in one person....BLACK PANTHER UBERMAN OF DESTRUCTION....so yeah Marvel can win..is..is that right?

#7 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I can imagine this if it were written:

Doom and Reed form an uneasy alliance to defend Earth.....again

Reed: "Hold them off with your army Doom!"

Doom: "Doom knows no loss!"

2 minutes later.....

Reed: "Taste defeat at the hands of my homemade Infinity Gauntlet!"

What really happens......

Doom: "Doom knows no lo-gaaccckk!!!"

*Midnighter rips apart his armour from inside out, shoves it down his throat, and beats Reed to death with Dooms metal-filled body.

Due to reasons stated previously, the attackers win.

#8 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually if you get reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally imaginitive maybe Reed or Doom [or BP and some magical frogs]have a time/dimension jumping machine handy and send the most hardcore evil bastards through to the point before Jack or Midnighter were born and kill them as children, or kill their ancestors, or just kill everything in their universe.
Post Edited:2007-08-26 20:43:29

#9 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Logic Mark III says:

"Actually if you get reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally imaginitive maybe Reed or Doom [or BP and some magical frogs]have a time/dimension jumping machine handy and send the most hardcore evil bastards through to the point before Jack or Midnighter were born and kill them as children, or kill their ancestors, or just kill everything in their universe.
Post Edited:2007-08-26 20:43:29"

Buckshot says:

"Everyone is in character."

I expected at least a few posts about Marvel's telepaths but whatever. This was lame. You've failed me Comic Vine.

#10 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Marvel Earth would win. I honestly do. Proffessor X, Jean, and Iceman would be able to pull it off. But I'm just guessing here. I'll do a bit more reseach.

#11 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Logic Mark III says:
"Actually if you get reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally imaginitive maybe Reed or Doom [or BP and some magical frogs]have a time/dimension jumping machine handy and send the most hardcore evil bastards through to the point before Jack or Midnighter were born and kill them as children, or kill their ancestors, or just kill everything in their universe.
Post Edited:2007-08-26 20:43:29"
Buckshot says:
"Everyone is in character."
I expected at least a few posts about Marvel's telepaths but whatever. This was lame. You've failed me Comic Vine."

i meant to post earlier but it took me a while to research and then i got sidetracked. i looked up the yellow ring and thought it was crazy that people thought that basically one green lantern could kill most of marvel's heroes on his own. i figured thor could handle him since all the ring's attacks are with generated energy which thor could absorb and drain the ring dry. but i'm not sure whether youre counting thor as a powerful mystic user.

#12 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's Jack?

#13 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Who's Jack?"

Hawksmoore

#14 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Gambler says:
"Who's Jack?"

Hawksmoore"

I know I'm just tryin to agitate Buck lol.

#15 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel earth wins.

#16 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"Marvel earth wins. "

i think so too. any number of people should be able to teleport hawksmoor out of a city and into the atmosphere. thor can handle the power ring and once that's out of the way any number of people can beat midnighter, then they can get a group together to take out ranx.

#17 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Sling Shot says:
"Marvel earth wins. "
i think so too. any number of people should be able to teleport hawksmoor out of a city and into the atmosphere. thor can handle the power ring and once that's out of the way any number of people can beat midnighter, then they can get a group together to take out ranx."

Photon can handle the Power ring. X can handle the other too. Done deal.

#18 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"I think Marvel Earth would win. I honestly do. Proffessor X, Jean, and Iceman would be able to pull it off. But I'm just guessing here. I'll do a bit more reseach."

Authority members have psychic defenses and I've never seen Prof X mindrape a city anyway. Iceman was one of those I was considering taking out because you can't really kill him. Then I thought the ring can affect matter on a subatomic level so maybe it can hurt him, and also, their purpose is not to beat all the heroes, but to destroy the planet, so they don't need to beat him. I can't see him killing an entire city either.

Apparition says:

"i meant to post earlier but it took me a while to research and then i got sidetracked. i looked up the yellow ring and thought it was crazy that people thought that basically one green lantern could kill most of marvel's heroes on his own. i figured thor could handle him since all the ring's attacks are with generated energy which thor could absorb and drain the ring dry. but i'm not sure whether youre counting thor as a powerful mystic user. "

I think part of it is because of what methos said, it's not just a guy with a ring, it's a guy who knows how everyone's going to attack before they do and (now) has the power to kill most (if not all) of them. Thor is on the field but how often does he fight with that kind of intelligence as opposed to just attacking with force?

Sling Shot says:

"Marvel earth wins. "

No explanation? I think they can, they have enough SPBs that they should be able to, but I haven't seen the reasoning for it yet.

Apparition says:

"i think so too. any number of people should be able to teleport hawksmoor out of a city and into the atmosphere. thor can handle the power ring and once that's out of the way any number of people can beat midnighter, then they can get a group together to take out ranx."

And Hawksmoor can always come back with a door and Ranx (controlled by Jack or not) is armed with weaponry that can damage the planet itself.

#19 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"I think Marvel Earth would win. I honestly do. Proffessor X, Jean, and Iceman would be able to pull it off. But I'm just guessing here. I'll do a bit more reseach."
Authority members have psychic defenses and I've never seen Prof X mindrape a city anyway. Iceman was one of those I was considering taking out because you can't really kill him. Then I thought the ring can affect matter on a subatomic level so maybe it can hurt him, and also, their purpose is not to beat all the heroes, but to destroy the planet, so they don't need to beat him. I can't see him killing an entire city either. Apparition says:
"i meant to post earlier but it took me a while to research and then i got sidetracked. i looked up the yellow ring and thought it was crazy that people thought that basically one green lantern could kill most of marvel's heroes on his own. i figured thor could handle him since all the ring's attacks are with generated energy which thor could absorb and drain the ring dry. but i'm not sure whether youre counting thor as a powerful mystic user. "
I think part of it is because of what methos said, it's not just a guy with a ring, it's a guy who knows how everyone's going to attack before they do and (now) has the power to kill most (if not all) of them. Thor is on the field but how often does he fight with that kind of intelligence as opposed to just attacking with force? Sling Shot says:
"Marvel earth wins. "
No explanation? I think they can, they have enough SPBs that they should be able to, but I haven't seen the reasoning for it yet. Apparition says:
"i think so too. any number of people should be able to teleport hawksmoor out of a city and into the atmosphere. thor can handle the power ring and once that's out of the way any number of people can beat midnighter, then they can get a group together to take out ranx."
And Hawksmoor can always come back with a door and Ranx (controlled by Jack or not) is armed with weaponry that can damage the planet itself."

Crystal can just turn the air around the invaders into fire. Photon can absorb the energy being fired, Banshee flies in at the speed of sound screaming and killing. Ironman fires repulsor blasts. The Vision would be able to phase through everything as well.

#20 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Wanda Maximoff could just............I wont say it but......."

Nah, Buck got rid of reality warpers, magicians, and cosmics.

#21 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#22 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

I would've said her. Mad Jim Jaspers. WAIT! I HAVE IT! The Fury...

#23 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Gambler says:
"Wanda Maximoff could just............I wont say it but......."

Nah, Buck got rid of reality warpers, magicians, and cosmics."

Yeah cause he knew I could come in with Wanda at some point :P

#24 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
Authority members have psychic defenses and I've never seen Prof X mindrape a city anyway. Iceman was one of those I was considering taking out because you can't really kill him. Then I thought the ring can affect matter on a subatomic level so maybe it can hurt him, and also, their purpose is not to beat all the heroes, but to destroy the planet, so they don't need to beat him. I can't see him killing an entire city either. Apparition says:
I think part of it is because of what methos said, it's not just a guy with a ring, it's a guy who knows how everyone's going to attack before they do and (now) has the power to kill most (if not all) of them. Thor is on the field but how often does he fight with that kind of intelligence as opposed to just attacking with force? Sling Shot says:
"Marvel earth wins. "
No explanation? I think they can, they have enough SPBs that they should be able to, but I haven't seen the reasoning for it yet. Apparition says:
And Hawksmoor can always come back with a door and Ranx (controlled by Jack or not) is armed with weaponry that can damage the planet itself."

thor is up and down but sometimes he does fight like that. he didnt have time for juggernaut so he just teleported him away one time. he put a shield around hulk i think that was so powerful that hulk couldnt break out of it, so he could have a conversation with odin. he drained silver surfer of his power when they were battling once. i think thor could do it.

i thought hawksmoor could only open doors while he was in a city but since he can do it to get into a city, why wouldnt one of them teleport him to into another dimension? can he open a door without knowing where he is? and since it's all marvel earth, its not just heroes so someone could teleport him into the sun.

if ranx is that dangerous then they can teleport him out too.

authority guys all have defense against telepathy and mind control? how strong is it? it would be kinda crazy if it's so powerful that no one, even prof x with cerebro, can control them at all.

oh and i know midnighter has the battle computer but isnt that based on either some prior knowledge or him judging the types of physical attacks they can make? i mean can he look at thor and automatically determine everything thor's hammer can do? that's insane if he can do that without the powers being shown at all.

#25 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Buckshot says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Marvel earth wins. "
thor is up and down but sometimes he does fight like that. he didnt have time for juggernaut so he just teleported him away one time. he put a shield around hulk i think that was so powerful that hulk couldnt break out of it, so he could have a conversation with odin. he drained silver surfer of his power when they were battling once. i think thor could do it. i thought hawksmoor could only open doors while he was in a city but since he can do it to get into a city, why wouldnt one of them teleport him to into another dimension? can he open a door without knowing where he is? and since it's all marvel earth, its not just heroes so someone could teleport him into the sun. if ranx is that dangerous then they can teleport him out too. authority guys all have defense against telepathy and mind control? how strong is it? it would be kinda crazy if it's so powerful that no one, even prof x with cerebro, can control them at all. oh and i know midnighter has the battle computer but isnt that based on either some prior knowledge or him judging the types of physical attacks they can make? i mean can he look at thor and automatically determine everything thor's hammer can do? that's insane if he can do that without the powers being shown at all."

Not only that Apparition, but Thor's hammer moves faster that the speed of light doubled. Are these guys going to even have time to attack with something coming in at that speed?

#26 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Crystal can just turn the air around the invaders into fire. Photon can absorb the energy being fired, Banshee flies in at the speed of sound screaming and killing. Ironman fires repulsor blasts. The Vision would be able to phase through everything as well."

Crystal is not an earth based hero, Photon can be killed by Midnighter and his ring, Banshee is useless (also he's dead), Iron Man is a bug compared to Ranx, Vision isn't phasing through a force field put up by a ring and if he tried he could just get Door-ed into some other dimension. While this is happening Ranx is blowing holes in the planet and killing hundreds of heroes at once, huge chunks of metal are being dropped from about 12 miles above Earth and travelling at about 6 miles per second to hit the planet and explode with more energy (each) than a thermonuclear device (damaging the planet and also killing heroes), Hawksmoor is having cities attack the earth they were built on and all heroes nearby as well as shoving national monuments deep into the planet, and Midnighter is having fun killing people and blowing up the planet with his new toy.

Eternal Chaos says:

"I would've said her. Mad Jim Jaspers. WAIT! I HAVE IT! The Fury..."

The Fury is not a hero. And did you read what I said about Iceman? If I was going to throw him out, why would I let Fury in even if he was a hero?

Apparition says:

"thor is up and down but sometimes he does fight like that. he didnt have time for juggernaut so he just teleported him away one time. he put a shield around hulk i think that was so powerful that hulk couldnt break out of it, so he could have a conversation with odin. he drained silver surfer of his power when they were battling once. i think thor could do it."

I think the majority of his showings say that he'd fight with force, not intelligence, but to be on the safe side he gets Door-ed away.

Apparition says:

"i thought hawksmoor could only open doors while he was in a city but since he can do it to get into a city, why wouldnt one of them teleport him to into another dimension? can he open a door without knowing where he is? and since it's all marvel earth, its not just heroes so someone could teleport him into the sun."

I'm not sure what you're saying in your first question but I can answer the second, yes. I specified heroes only. Also, Jack can Door folks into the sun too.

Apparition says:

"if ranx is that dangerous then they can teleport him out too."

Who is capable of teleporting an entire city?

Apparition says:

"authority guys all have defense against telepathy and mind control? how strong is it? it would be kinda crazy if it's so powerful that no one, even prof x with cerebro, can control them at all."

Strong enough to defend against a guy who had mental control over almost the entire planet. They're the Authority, they're supposedot be "kinda crazy".

Apparition says:

"oh and i know midnighter has the battle computer but isnt that based on either some prior knowledge or him judging the types of physical attacks they can make? i mean can he look at thor and automatically determine everything thor's hammer can do? that's insane if he can do that without the powers being shown at all."

It's based on total BS. There's no explanation but if he gets a look (made easier by the ring btw) at you he knows how the fight's going to happen.

Eternal Chaos says:

"Not only that Apparition, but Thor's hammer moves faster that the speed of light doubled. Are these guys going to even have time to attack with something coming in at that speed?"

How often does Thor go into battle travelling faster than light? Part of "in character" is the characters acting like they do normally, not their uber high end, once a year power level. Also, if I'm not mistaken, that's just travel speed. (I don't even recognize the measurement though.)

Forget it, I've lost interest. (You can tell because I kept using the Door instead of answering questions right. I'm off to bed.)

#27 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

DUDE again i say Pink Feather v.s Odin...if you knew the dam answer and capped Marvel in the knees why bother? IM DISSAPOINTED IN YOU [sob-sob-cry MEANIE!!!]

#28 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Logic Mark III says:

"if you knew the dam answer"

I don't know the answer, that would involve me factoring in every single Marvel hero that would be fighting. As I said before, the Marvel Universe have enough SPBs with diverse powers that they should be able to come up with something I'm just waiting to see what thatat "something" is. Iceman was a good shot. With 8 minutes advance warning he could split off pieces of himsef so even if he got Door-ed away or destroyed by the ring he could keep coming back into the battle and do damage. There are also less popular characters that could be just a dangerous. A teleporter could sneak Madison Jeffries onto Ranx and he could deal some major damage by turning parts of it against itself or it's fellow invaders. There are plenty of technopaths who could possibly cause trouble for the city itself or the tech that Jack and Midnighter use. There are energy manipulators that might be a problem for Midnighter. The are geniuses with access to amazing technology and materials that they can get to with their 8 miuntes. They've fought off Galactus many times so they should be able to do something here. Until someone comes up with how exactly they'll win though, I'm going with the invaders.

Logic Mark III says:

"and capped Marvel in the knees why bother?"

I took away people who could end the fight in moments because I like large battles. If you don't like it you really don't have to post anything.

#29 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Marvel heroes would win, no matter how many times it played out. There are just too many of them with too many powers. I can't tell you exactly how it would happen either because it's way too difficult to try and predict that. You have to factor in the varied powers of all of these heroes and the responses you would get from the invaders. It's too much to contemplate. I do know however that with that amount of time to plan, the Marvel geniuses would not only have a workable response, but every hero fighting would know what it was because the telepaths would have everyone connected via mental link and they would all act in concert in their defense.

Teleporters would sneak people onto Ranx, Warlock comes to mind as one technopath who would be there but there are several that they would use against Ranx from the inside. I can also see using Magneto, Polaris, Cable, Jean Grey, Rachel Summers, and Thor to catch any chunks of debris he tries to use on the planet. Magneto could also set off an EMP that might be enough to knock Ranx out, not that I am counting on that though because I have Havok, Cyclops, Ms Marvel (being fed energy from weaker energy projectors, like Jubilee), Dazzler (being fueled by as much sound as possible), and as many other high powered energy projectors as we can find bombarding Ranx with their energy attacks, perhaps from a hovering platforms held aloft and shielded by Magneto, Polaris, the Invisible Woman, Legion and whoever else can be used for that, so they can be closer and do more damage. Also Sentry would be doing as much damage to Ranx as possible as Would the High Evolutionary with his matter manipulating powers. Legion can manipulate matter as well (He is a bit of a reality warper but I'm not using him as such and if there is a problem then some other telekinetic and some other matter manipulator can take his place). If that isnt enough to take him out I still have Thor. I like the idea of Ranx being teleported away but you ask me if Thor can teleport that much matter at once? I dont know. I've seen him teleport a nuclear powerplant away when it was going through meltdown and that didnt seem like much of an effort. He could certainly teleport away that much of Ranx and if that did not kill him, then he could keep teleporting those size chunks away until Ranx was dead.

Hawksmoor seems a little easier. It all depends on where he is. If he is on Ranx then we use technology to find his location, I would have just used one of my telepath's but I dont need you coming back with the fact that telepath's cant even see their minds let alone affect them. So once we know where he is then I get Nightcrawler to kill him. I researched it and Nightcrawler can actually teleport parts of individuals with him, so teleport in, grab head and teleport away. If Hawksmoor is on earth and in one of our cities, I'm going for the same attack, but I would just have to keep him busy with attacks from Hulk, Wonder Man, and as many bricks and speedsters as I could send at him. I would also be trying to kill him with someone like Pulsar (Monique Rambeau), who should be able to come in at him at light speed and kill him before he even gets a chance.

I would target Midnighter with energy manipulators like Quasar, Nova (who could also stargate him away), and sneak Ghost Rider into pennance stare range. I dont thint the stare is an actual mental attack, more like a spiritual one, so I think it would work on Midnighter at least long enough for us to kill him by some other means. Either way, once the energy manipulators (there actually should be enough in Marvel to pretty much make one power ring user basically impotent) drain the ring then Midnighter isn't that difficult for many of these heroes to deal with.

But you could argue all of that away and Marvel is still more than likely to win, because there are just so many heroes with so many different weapons. Reed could get ready his Negative Zone Projector and see if they can make it out of there. I dont think you can just teleport into our out of the Negative Zone. He or many others can break out their time travel equipment (I dont think this automatically leads them to where the invaders came from so I'm throwing that out) to give themselves a year or ten or thirty to prepare for the invaders.

I really dont think there is any chance that those three could win in this scenario.

#30 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"I think the Marvel heroes would win, no matter how many times it played out. There are just too many of them with too many powers. I can't tell you exactly how it would happen either because it's way too difficult to try and predict that. You have to factor in the varied powers of all of these heroes and the responses you would get from the invaders. It's too much to contemplate. I do know however that with that amount of time to plan, the Marvel geniuses would not only have a workable response, but every hero fighting would know what it was because the telepaths would have everyone connected via mental link and they would all act in concert in their defense.Teleporters would sneak people onto Ranx, Warlock comes to mind as one technopath who would be there but there are several that they would use against Ranx from the inside. I can also see using Magneto, Polaris, Cable, Jean Grey, Rachel Summers, and Thor to catch any chunks of debris he tries to use on the planet. Magneto could also set off an EMP that might be enough to knock Ranx out, not that I am counting on that though because I have Havok, Cyclops, Ms Marvel (being fed energy from weaker energy projectors, like Jubilee), Dazzler (being fueled by as much sound as possible), and as many other high powered energy projectors as we can find bombarding Ranx with their energy attacks, perhaps from a hovering platforms held aloft and shielded by Magneto, Polaris, the Invisible Woman, Legion and whoever else can be used for that, so they can be closer and do more damage. Also Sentry would be doing as much damage to Ranx as possible as Would the High Evolutionary with his matter manipulating powers. Legion can manipulate matter as well (He is a bit of a reality warper but I'm not using him as such and if there is a problem then some other telekinetic and some other matter manipulator can take his place). If that isnt enough to take him out I still have Thor. I like the idea of Ranx being teleported away but you ask me if Thor can teleport that much matter at once? I dont know. I've seen him teleport a nuclear powerplant away when it was going through meltdown and that didnt seem like much of an effort. He could certainly teleport away that much of Ranx and if that did not kill him, then he could keep teleporting those size chunks away until Ranx was dead.Hawksmoor seems a little easier. It all depends on where he is. If he is on Ranx then we use technology to find his location, I would have just used one of my telepath's but I dont need you coming back with the fact that telepath's cant even see their minds let alone affect them. So once we know where he is then I get Nightcrawler to kill him. I researched it and Nightcrawler can actually teleport parts of individuals with him, so teleport in, grab head and teleport away. If Hawksmoor is on earth and in one of our cities, I'm going for the same attack, but I would just have to keep him busy with attacks from Hulk, Wonder Man, and as many bricks and speedsters as I could send at him. I would also be trying to kill him with someone like Pulsar (Monique Rambeau), who should be able to come in at him at light speed and kill him before he even gets a chance.I would target Midnighter with energy manipulators like Quasar, Nova (who could also stargate him away), and sneak Ghost Rider into pennance stare range. I dont thint the stare is an actual mental attack, more like a spiritual one, so I think it would work on Midnighter at least long enough for us to kill him by some other means. Either way, once the energy manipulators (there actually should be enough in Marvel to pretty much make one power ring user basically impotent) drain the ring then Midnighter isn't that difficult for many of these heroes to deal with.But you could argue all of that away and Marvel is still more than likely to win, because there are just so many heroes with so many different weapons. Reed could get ready his Negative Zone Projector and see if they can make it out of there. I dont think you can just teleport into our out of the Negative Zone. He or many others can break out their time travel equipment (I dont think this automatically leads them to where the invaders came from so I'm throwing that out) to give themselves a year or ten or thirty to prepare for the invaders.I really dont think there is any chance that those three could win in this scenario."

Thats impressive man, I mean that $#@!. You put in work.

#31 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Forever says:
"I think the Marvel heroes would win, no matter how many times it played out. There are just too many of them with too many powers. I can't tell you exactly how it would happen either because it's way too difficult to try and predict that. You have to factor in the varied powers of all of these heroes and the responses you would get from the invaders. It's too much to contemplate. I do know however that with that amount of time to plan, the Marvel geniuses would not only have a workable response, but every hero fighting would know what it was because the telepaths would have everyone connected via mental link and they would all act in concert in their defense. Teleporters would sneak people onto Ranx, Warlock comes to mind as one technopath who would be there but there are several that they would use against Ranx from the inside. I can also see using Magneto, Polaris, Cable, Jean Grey, Rachel Summers, and Thor to catch any chunks of debris he tries to use on the planet. Magneto could also set off an EMP that might be enough to knock Ranx out, not that I am counting on that though because I have Havok, Cyclops, Ms Marvel (being fed energy from weaker energy projectors, like Jubilee), Dazzler (being fueled by as much sound as possible), and as many other high powered energy projectors as we can find bombarding Ranx with their energy attacks, perhaps from a hovering platforms held aloft and shielded by Magneto, Polaris, the Invisible Woman, Legion and whoever else can be used for that, so they can be closer and do more damage. Also Sentry would be doing as much damage to Ranx as possible as Would the High Evolutionary with his matter manipulating powers. Legion can manipulate matter as well (He is a bit of a reality warper but I'm not using him as such and if there is a problem then some other telekinetic and some other matter manipulator can take his place). If that isnt enough to take him out I still have Thor. I like the idea of Ranx being teleported away but you ask me if Thor can teleport that much matter at once? I dont know. I've seen him teleport a nuclear powerplant away when it was going through meltdown and that didnt seem like much of an effort. He could certainly teleport away that much of Ranx and if that did not kill him, then he could keep teleporting those size chunks away until Ranx was dead. Hawksmoor seems a little easier. It all depends on where he is. If he is on Ranx then we use technology to find his location, I would have just used one of my telepath's but I dont need you coming back with the fact that telepath's cant even see their minds let alone affect them. So once we know where he is then I get Nightcrawler to kill him. I researched it and Nightcrawler can actually teleport parts of individuals with him, so teleport in, grab head and teleport away. If Hawksmoor is on earth and in one of our cities, I'm going for the same attack, but I would just have to keep him busy with attacks from Hulk, Wonder Man, and as many bricks and speedsters as I could send at him. I would also be trying to kill him with someone like Pulsar (Monique Rambeau), who should be able to come in at him at light speed and kill him before he even gets a chance. I would target Midnighter with energy manipulators like Quasar, Nova (who could also stargate him away), and sneak Ghost Rider into pennance stare range. I dont thint the stare is an actual mental attack, more like a spiritual one, so I think it would work on Midnighter at least long enough for us to kill him by some other means. Either way, once the energy manipulators (there actually should be enough in Marvel to pretty much make one power ring user basically impotent) drain the ring then Midnighter isn't that difficult for many of these heroes to deal with. But you could argue all of that away and Marvel is still more than likely to win, because there are just so many heroes with so many different weapons. Reed could get ready his Negative Zone Projector and see if they can make it out of there. I dont think you can just teleport into our out of the Negative Zone. He or many others can break out their time travel equipment (I dont think this automatically leads them to where the invaders came from so I'm throwing that out) to give themselves a year or ten or thirty to prepare for the invaders. I really dont think there is any chance that those three could win in this scenario."
Thats impressive man, I mean that $#@!. You put in work."

Holy crap. That was hardcore.

#32 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"I think the Marvel heroes would win, no matter how many times it played out. There are just too many of them with too many powers. I can't tell you exactly how it would happen either because it's way too difficult to try and predict that. You have to factor in the varied powers of all of these heroes and the responses you would get from the invaders. It's too much to contemplate. I do know however that with that amount of time to plan, the Marvel geniuses would not only have a workable response, but every hero fighting would know what it was because the telepaths would have everyone connected via mental link and they would all act in concert in their defense. Teleporters would sneak people onto Ranx, Warlock comes to mind as one technopath who would be there but there are several that they would use against Ranx from the inside. I can also see using Magneto, Polaris, Cable, Jean Grey, Rachel Summers, and Thor to catch any chunks of debris he tries to use on the planet. Magneto could also set off an EMP that might be enough to knock Ranx out, not that I am counting on that though because I have Havok, Cyclops, Ms Marvel (being fed energy from weaker energy projectors, like Jubilee), Dazzler (being fueled by as much sound as possible), and as many other high powered energy projectors as we can find bombarding Ranx with their energy attacks, perhaps from a hovering platforms held aloft and shielded by Magneto, Polaris, the Invisible Woman, Legion and whoever else can be used for that, so they can be closer and do more damage. Also Sentry would be doing as much damage to Ranx as possible as Would the High Evolutionary with his matter manipulating powers. Legion can manipulate matter as well (He is a bit of a reality warper but I'm not using him as such and if there is a problem then some other telekinetic and some other matter manipulator can take his place). If that isnt enough to take him out I still have Thor. I like the idea of Ranx being teleported away but you ask me if Thor can teleport that much matter at once? I dont know. I've seen him teleport a nuclear powerplant away when it was going through meltdown and that didnt seem like much of an effort. He could certainly teleport away that much of Ranx and if that did not kill him, then he could keep teleporting those size chunks away until Ranx was dead. Hawksmoor seems a little easier. It all depends on where he is. If he is on Ranx then we use technology to find his location, I would have just used one of my telepath's but I dont need you coming back with the fact that telepath's cant even see their minds let alone affect them. So once we know where he is then I get Nightcrawler to kill him. I researched it and Nightcrawler can actually teleport parts of individuals with him, so teleport in, grab head and teleport away. If Hawksmoor is on earth and in one of our cities, I'm going for the same attack, but I would just have to keep him busy with attacks from Hulk, Wonder Man, and as many bricks and speedsters as I could send at him. I would also be trying to kill him with someone like Pulsar (Monique Rambeau), who should be able to come in at him at light speed and kill him before he even gets a chance. I would target Midnighter with energy manipulators like Quasar, Nova (who could also stargate him away), and sneak Ghost Rider into pennance stare range. I dont thint the stare is an actual mental attack, more like a spiritual one, so I think it would work on Midnighter at least long enough for us to kill him by some other means. Either way, once the energy manipulators (there actually should be enough in Marvel to pretty much make one power ring user basically impotent) drain the ring then Midnighter isn't that difficult for many of these heroes to deal with. But you could argue all of that away and Marvel is still more than likely to win, because there are just so many heroes with so many different weapons. Reed could get ready his Negative Zone Projector and see if they can make it out of there. I dont think you can just teleport into our out of the Negative Zone. He or many others can break out their time travel equipment (I dont think this automatically leads them to where the invaders came from so I'm throwing that out) to give themselves a year or ten or thirty to prepare for the invaders. I really dont think there is any chance that those three could win in this scenario."

Very Impressive Forever. You have amazed me once again.

#33 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

That's more like what I was looking for. A few of those are not Earth based, not heroes, or not regular characters, and I could counter most of the rest, but that's still pretty good.