#1 Posted by Liverwurst (881 posts) - - Show Bio

who wins?

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

random...

bourne...

he's a trained assassin, Bauer is only trained for counter terrorism.

M

#3 Posted by Liverwurst (881 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I just had this discussion with someone and I was curious what other people thought.

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

seems a win for Bourne to me...

M

#5 Posted by CanadianWolverine (417 posts) - - Show Bio

In the books or in the movies?

I like the books the best, so I'll go with that: Bourne vs The Jackal = Bourne.

Based on what I know about the two characters, my first instinct is that same thing would happen if these two faced off. Bourne FTW.

Heck, if it was Bourne vs Bond, I would go with Bourne, the dude seems to be able to turn just about any situation into a weapon. Its like his specialized training on the dark side was hard wired the second he went all amneshia and now he no longer has to think about his actions.

Hehe, I would even think Neo from the Matrix would have a hard time with Bourne, even in the Matrix.

#6 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

CanadianWolverine says:

"In the books or in the movies? I like the books the best, so I'll go with that: Bourne vs The Jackal = Bourne. Based on what I know about the two characters, my first instinct is that same thing would happen if these two faced off. Bourne FTW. Heck, if it was Bourne vs Bond, I would go with Bourne, the dude seems to be able to turn just about any situation into a weapon. Its like his specialized training on the dark side was hard wired the second he went all amneshia and now he no longer has to think about his actions. Hehe, I would even think Neo from the Matrix would have a hard time with Bourne, even in the Matrix."

I dont know about Neo but I agree with you on everything else.

#7 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

Bourne, He was in that project Blackbriar, who knows what that is yet...they haven't revealed anything about it....Bauer is just a cop.

#8 Posted by CanadianWolverine (417 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"I dont know about Neo but I agree with you on everything else."

Well think about it, Neo doesn't think about what he does either, he just "knows", that is why he is able to react so much faster than everyone else, realize the truth so much faster.

Bourne is similar, he doesn't think about using the pen on the table as a weapon, its just there in his hand and then his opponent's jugular before they can even contemplate the possibility.

That's like some strange zen like ability, these two characters exist so fully in the moment that its like the rest of the characters are standing still. Kinda like that scene in the first Spiderman movie where he catches Mary Jane when she slips or watches the fist as he dodges it.

Hehe, now there would be a fight, royal rumble between all the various characters that "bullet time". =D
Post Edited:2007-08-25 13:28:52

#9 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

CanadianWolverine says:

"Forever says:
"I dont know about Neo but I agree with you on everything else."
Well think about it, Neo doesn't think about what he does either, he just "knows", that is why he is able to react so much faster than everyone else, realize the truth so much faster. Bourne is similar, he doesn't think about using the pen on the table as a weapon, its just there in his hand and then his opponent's jugular before they can even contemplate the possibility. That's like some strange zen like ability, these two characters exist so fully in the moment that its like the rest of the characters are standing still. Kinda like that scene in the first Spiderman movie where he catches Mary Jane when she slips or watches the fist as he dodges it. Hehe, now there would be a fight, royal rumble between all the various characters that "bullet time". =D
Post Edited:2007-08-25 13:28:52"

I see what youre saying but Neo can do the things he can do in the matrix because he has an ability to ignore all of his senses and focus not only on the fact that he is just a digital construct but also on the coding of the world that he is in, so he can in essence warp the reality around him. I think that's how he can move so fast, fly, stop bullets in mid flight... Bourne wouldn't know they were in a digital world and we are not sure whether he would be able to ignore all normal input and read/manipulate the coding around him, even if he were to know he was in the matrix.

#10 Posted by Darth vince (114 posts) - - Show Bio

anyway for borune vs bauer i wtach both the show 24 and the movies bourne would win. and still if they werent fighting against each other they were fighting against terrorists in seperate places bourne would win. jack bauer always has lots of other epeople with him and bourne occasionaly has a girl

#11 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

Bourne would destroy him hed prbbly just like snipe him or assassinate Bauer in his sleep

#12 Posted by CanadianWolverine (417 posts) - - Show Bio

For those who have only seen the Bourne movies and liked it, if you are into reading books at all, you really should pick up the books the movies are loosely based on. The book Bourne is even more brutal to his enemies he doesn't remember.

#13 Posted by Darth vince (114 posts) - - Show Bio

ok here is something who would win bourne or all of ctu

#14 Posted by Iron Apollo (2199 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Bourne, thats not even a question.

#15 Posted by Darth vince (114 posts) - - Show Bio

ok now bourne vs all of ctu together and also all the black briar people and the assasins i would sya bourne wouldnt be able to hold out against all of them

#16 Posted by CanadianWolverine (417 posts) - - Show Bio

But he did. How are the various command centers for SigInt, RumInt, ElInt, OSInt, TechInt, and HumInt the Black Briar Institute and CTU (LA) any different? They would both get schooled by Bourne because they would always be one step behind him. He has broken into Black Briar, he surely could break CTU LA. How many times has CTU LA been attacked now? How well do you think they would do if Bourne had in his head that they were out to get him?

Those who take the offensive will always have certain advatanges over those trying to defend from the attacker, especially a single determined agent against a more unwieldy large organization. Why do you think Jack so often goes rogue? Because alone he has less chance of his mission being compromised.

#17 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Bourne! He was born to kill!

#18 Posted by utotheg38 (18861 posts) - - Show Bio

jack stomps

#19 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
Jason stomps.
#20 Posted by Strider92 (16823 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason takes this quite easily.

#21 Posted by Fetts (4533 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen the Bourne movies in a long time. But I do remember some parts where he has very impressive marksmanship and H2H combat so I think I'm going to give it to Bourne. 

Btw, did anybody else here that they're going to make another Bourne movie? At first I was pretty excited. That was when I read that Matt Damon wasn't going to be in it....it's going to suck without Matt Damon. 

#22 Posted by Strider92 (16823 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts: Yeah the new film is called "The Bourne Legacy" its going to follow a guy called Aaron Cross and it basically shows the effects Bourne turning rogue had on Treadstone. I was disappointed when I heard Bourne wasn't going to be in it but apparently this film is to set the scene for the 5th Bourne film where Matt Damon will return as the assassins we all know and love. You never know Aaron Cross might make an interesting addition and someone for Bourne to go up against in future films.

#23 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@crazy spidey said:

Bourne would destroy him hed prbbly just like snipe him or assassinate Bauer in his sleep

#24 Posted by SpidermanWins (3963 posts) - - Show Bio

Bourne perhaps, but not at all easily

#25 Posted by Strider92 (16823 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpidermanWins: Well Jack is just a counter terrorist. Bourne is a trained assassin, he outsmarted Treadstone and killed a fellow assassin with a ballpoint pen. I'd argue he takes this rather easily.

#26 Posted by Mattersuit (4274 posts) - - Show Bio

He was Bourne to kill

#27 Posted by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mattersuit: "puts on sunglasses" oh yeah!!!!

#28 Posted by Mattersuit (4274 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I would respect you if it weren't for your av.

#29 Posted by SpidermanWins (3963 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@SpidermanWins: Well Jack is just a counter terrorist. Bourne is a trained assassin, he outsmarted Treadstone and killed a fellow assassin with a ballpoint pen. I'd argue he takes this rather easily.

Jack has broken another agent's ankle with a slight gesture with his foot (season 2). He has kept fighting with a bullet in two limbs and one that went where his heart should have been (season 8). He has withstanded the most deadly poisons and toxins. He is more hardy than Bourne

#30 Posted by Strider92 (16823 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpidermanWins: I'm not saying he isn't tough but your comparing a counter terrorist agent to someone who was tortured for days on end simply to break him down and make him a better killer. If the op stated certain regulations to even the odds i'd feel differently but in a straight up fight Bourne just has to much experience in the killing area not to mention he's killing other assassins who went through the same process as him not just terrorists. Also if you include the things he did in the books not just the films (I'd argue he was far more brutal in the books) then it makes it even more imbalanced. I think Jack would have trouble taking out Desh or Cross let alone Bourne.

#31 Edited by chriswalczyk55 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a very close call between Jack Bauer and Jason Bourne in a fight. Jack Bauer was a Delta Force Captain, and is now a highly trained counter-terrorism field agent. Jason Bourne is a highly trained assassin for the CIA. I've seen Jack Bauer fight in 24, and I've seen Jason Bourne fight in the Bourne Identity, and I can honestly say the Jason Bourne would beat Jack Bauer in a fight. According to my studies, Jason Bourne would be the equivalent of a twelfth degree black belt in five different kinds of martial arts. Jack Bauer would be the equivalent of an eighth degree black belt in three different kinds of martial arts. Bourne would defiantly win in a fight.

#32 Posted by GhostRider88 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@cryo_wolf:

Bauer is "just a Cop"?.. Pssh, yeah right dude. Jack Bauer is like the real life Captain America. And he works Counter-Terrorism BTW, he's a Field Agent, not a cop :P

With that said, Jason Bourne still wins.