Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

badazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swampsith: i didnt watch it but all i saw were karate men which makes me think that he would win. faster, quicker, does more than punching ect

Swampsith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@badazz: If you're ever bored you should definitely see it, they're great movies

JuxtMako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legalized rabbit punches breaks Ip.

badazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swampsith: are there several ip man movies? i have obviously seen rocky 1-6 but never the ip

JuxtMako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JuxtMako

@badazz: 4-ish. But the 4th is about Bruce Lee so I don't think it counts. The first two feature him beating 10 karateka, a Japanese general in hand to hand, and in the second he beats some gang members, two martial arts instructors (Bagua and Monkey style), and beats the 60's British boxing champ Tornado.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BlackWind

Drago gets dropped.

The only reason Ip Man had so much trouble with Twister is because he got cheap shorter after the bell was rung, and because the biased rules restricted him from kicking. Ip Man does him like he did that one karate fighter and hammers his head.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wolfrazer

@blackwindEh? When was there a cheap shot? Also it was more than that, Twister had the strength/size advantage and he actually was skilled. Even when IP started kicking, he still fought.

Although let's not forget here folks, that Drago was tanking a hell of a lot of hits from Rocky. Still I think I would only give Ivan the strength/durability advantages, IP gets the agile/skill advantage which could give him the win. But I could also see Drago winning too if he can get some hits in, though Twister showed obvious better speed/defense than Drago did.

So I'm leaning more towards IP man winning, it's not a big lean because he needs to get passed the high durability Ivan has but...I could see him avoiding Drago's punches better than he did with Twister.

DeAnnunaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ip-Man's dealt with somebody using a similar fighting form before, as somebody has mentioned. The Twister also seemed faster than Drago was, so Drago would have a hard time tagging Ip-Man.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SheenLantern

Ip Man stomps

@wolfrazer said:

@blackwindEh? When was there a cheap shot? Also it was more than that, Twister had the strength/size advantage and he actually was skilled. Even when IP started kicking, he still fought.

Although let's not forget here folks, that Drago was tanking a hell of a lot of hits from Rocky. Still I think I would only give Ivan the strength/durability advantages, IP gets the agile/skill advantage which could give him the win. But I could also see Drago winning too if he can get some hits in, though Twister showed obvious better speed/defense than Drago did.

So I'm leaning more towards IP man winning, it's not a big lean because he needs to get passed the high durability Ivan has but...I could see him avoiding Drago's punches better than he did with Twister.

That whole fight with Twister was the most blatant example of PiS I've ever seen, Ip Man knew, he f***ing knew how to beat him before he even fought him, "Don't attack him head on, attack his biceps.", yet of course he forgets this advice so we can have a climactic fight, then just as it looks like Ip Man is going to lose, he remembers his own advice and dominates Twister like a child in the final round, like he should have been doing from the start.

Drew_Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ip Man breaks Drago.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elbow blocks and front leg kicks. I will repeat it as often as need be.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BlackWind

@wolfrazer: The bell had already rang but Twister still punched Ip Man.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ip.

If he can parry or dodge the hit of ten man, there's no reason he can't do that with only one. Drago will soak some strike, but Ip will probably work on the ankle and all those point that muscle doesn't protect very well, crippling Drago. After that, he will go for the killing stroke.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: Which bell though? I must not be remembering right, i'll have to watch it again. But I don't think that cheap shot really affected as much.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Ip Man slaughters.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not fair.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

themongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: explain how this is a mismatch ?!

GrafD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i would give ip man 6-7/10

themongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: YES please do because in the second ip man movie he struggled with twister who was a boxer and Ivan hits alot harder than twister not to metion he has a much better chin.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Wolfrazer

@themongoose said:

@leo-343: YES please do because in the second ip man movie he struggled with twister who was a boxer and Ivan hits alot harder than twister not to metion he has a much better chin.

Twister was faster than Drago and he actually did blocks/counters. Drago does have a high durability, but he's slower than Twister and just tanks what he receives. IP man is gonna be able to avoid Drago's hits a lot better than he did with Twisters and also able to hit him more.

themongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: @wolfrazer: Im just saying in no way is this a stomp if ip man thinks this fight is a gonna be a piece of pie Ivan will kill him.

Brucey_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ip Man. Has more experience and more control over his movements, plus he's way quicker.

Talon_Deadeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joint locks and breaks, throat strikes, knees kicks, just to name a few reasons why Ivan will lose.

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ip Man

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ivan Drago due to the extreme weight advantage he has over Ip Man. Size matters in combat competitions, hence the existence of weight classes.

Jack_Hart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drago takes this. Ip Man got to taken to the limit by Frankie, and Drago"s bigger, longer, stronger, and tougher.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Wolfrazer

Alright now that there's been some time passing, yeah I can probably lean more to Drago now. IP wasn't exactly just shrugging off the punches he received against both Twister and Frank, Drago showed more as far as striking power goes, so if he gets a couple of those hits to IP Man's face or body he's gonna be in for a world of hurt.

Then there's also that gross weight and height advantage Drago is sporting, along with his strength.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ip Man eventually.

coolerdbz50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By coolerdbz50

twister got knocked out in like what the 3rd or 4th round? Ivan was able to go 15 damn rounds with a man he described as being a piece of iron. Yeah lets ignore Ivan's strength, durability, and skill because some people just wanna be bias. Twister was clearly weaker that Ivan and manage to knock IP man out twice i think, wanna bet Ivan can do that in the first round. I mean c'mon people in the first two rounds alone ivan tanked rocky's hits and was fine for the most part. IP man got hit a few times and was ready to pass out. If this is is a pure boxing match I say Ivan wins this one, even if it's not I still say I van can come out on top. Again twister was still able to nearly beat IP man even with him using kicks.

coolerdbz50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_hart: yes, but people seem to wanna ignore Ivan's skills and feats cause they thought IP man was cooler.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#41 krisbishop  Moderator

Ip Man is far more skilled by all his other feats and has the technique to counter raw stats. However well Twister did against him is a feat for Twister, not an anti-feat for Ip Man.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drago stomps. Wing chun only works in kung fu movies. Drago isn't a character from a kung fu film. Physics dictates that a good jab beats tan sao shit. Truth hurts.

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ip Man wins eventually.

Gorsch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drago wins. Taller. Better reach advantage. Stronger physically. And possible faster too. Ip man is outclassed in every categories. Maybe if he plays it smart he can give Drago more works but eventually Drago punches would hit Ip man and Ip man would get overwhelmed

Krishnyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Krishnyak

>Drago possible faster too

nice joke

if we including ragdolling feats from last movie than Ip Man should take this hard

Drago tags Apollo because:

1.Apollo finished his career and was old as a boxer

2.It was a demonstrating match ,but Drago become crazy and killed Apollo

3.Drago was younger from Apollo