Round 3:

Hal Jordan

• One green ring
  • No prep
  • Morals on and In Character
  • No Parallax entity
  • KO or Death

Assumptions

1. Itachi battles each Lantern newly refreshed each round (absolutely no connection between these battles).
  2. Each round takes place in a 100-mile forest. No one (or thing) in sight.
  3. BFR is not acceptable.
  4. Logical debate for genjutsu counts as a KO. Logical debate for countering genjutsu is also acceptable.
  5. Lantern rings work just as they do in DC universe.
  6. Sharingan works just as it does in Naruto universe.
  7. All Pre-52 Versions.
  8. ALL CHARACTERS BEGIN AT FULL HEALTH AND STAMINA (each round).

Can the shinobi clear this obstacle?

#2 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10045 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 1 unless I'm missing something

#3 Edited by RetconCrisis (3838 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk said:

Stops at 1 unless I'm missing something

Yeah, I think Itachi is not in the Green Lanterns' league. GLs can just capture him in a box construct and spam it with constructs until Itachi is nothing but dust.

Or flies up into the sky and destroys all the trees so that Itachi can't use the environment to his advantage.

That's the most simplistic way. But because it's morals on it shouldn't be hard for Guy to KO him.

#4 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11029 posts) - - Show Bio

Itachi isn't about this life.

#5 Posted by Odinsonnn (308 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by The_Imperator (1928 posts) - - Show Bio

Itachi's only chance is genjutsu. And if he uses his Mangekyou too much, it'll make it really hard for him to fight.

#7 Edited by JudgeNeptune (224 posts) - - Show Bio

Guy Gardner has more will power than kyle or hal... Guy's constructs are amongst the most powerful. and possesses so much raw will power, that is often leaking out of his ring.

Stops at Guy

#8 Posted by dondave (37294 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I like Itachi, he gets stomped

#9 Posted by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1577 posts) - - Show Bio

if genjutsu do work on Lanterns (i mean like TP would work) then i don't see how Lanterns gonna win, they are frikishing more powerful no one disagree on that. but once they look to Itachi, they will be already fallen n genjutsu

#10 Posted by Odinsonnn (308 posts) - - Show Bio

You don't think totsuka blade and yata mirror mean anything here?

#11 Edited by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1577 posts) - - Show Bio

@odinsonnn said:

You don't think totsuka blade and yata mirror mean anything here?

we don't know how quick is totsuka blade, the lanterns may dodge it, but of course if they are tagged, it's the end.

yata mirror works only on chakra attacks, lanterns don't use chakra

the main weapon Itachi have is Genjutsu (body genjutsu, sound genjutsu, sharingan genjutsu, and Tsukuyomi) if Lanterns aren't immune to TP, then they will have hard time with Itachi. i even see Itachi winning.

#12 Edited by JasonHawke (1346 posts) - - Show Bio

I would think Itachi's genjutsu would curbstomp this seeing as any Lantern's greatest source of power is their mind.

#13 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12143 posts) - - Show Bio

I would think Itachi's genjutsu would curbstomp this seeing as any Lantern's greatest source of power is their mind.

Considering the fact that Lanterns have been protected from mental assaults in the past....not only will that tactic fail but Itachi has no other way to even pose a threat after that....

#14 Posted by NighThunder (3831 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how some of my favorite characters are getting put in stomped matches

#16 Posted by Superbot400 (420 posts) - - Show Bio

if genjutsu do work on Lanterns (i mean like TP would work) then i don't see how Lanterns gonna win, they are frikishing more powerful no one disagree on that. but once they look to Itachi, they will be already fallen n genjutsu

Telepaths don't work on GLs because they have rings and strong resistance to TP. Hector Hammond is more powerful than Itachi telepathic wise for example, and Hal Jordan overcome him.

#17 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (17276 posts) - - Show Bio

@superbot400 said:

@all_mighty_beyonder said:

Hector Hammond is more powerful than Itachi telepathic wise for example

scans?

#18 Posted by patrat18 (9737 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Superbot400 (420 posts) - - Show Bio

@superbot400 said:

@all_mighty_beyonder said:

Hector Hammond is more powerful than Itachi telepathic wise for example

scans?

I don't have scans of Hector Hammond but GL'rings due provide protection aganist Telepathic like Martin Manhuter(who is more powerful than Itachi)

#20 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17276 posts) - - Show Bio

@superbot400:

I don't have scans of Hector Hammond but GL'rings due provide protection aganist Telepathic like Martin Manhuter(who is more powerful than Itachi)

Scans for MM's telepathy, then.

#21 Posted by Superbot400 (420 posts) - - Show Bio

@superbot400:

Scans for MM's telepathy, then.

Why do you need to do this. A easy google result would suggest that Itachi isn't capable to Martian Manhuter's range. Since Martain Manhuter can scout cities or even the world. Even with if we lowball it's still city wide, and he contract mutiple people at once.

We if use the theoretical theory that Itachi use charka to create genjutsu, it's debatable. Especially since god tree retcon suggest that people didn't originally had charka at all.

#22 Edited by lowlaville (4372 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a mismatch. Lanterns are FTL and, they can evade Amaterasu, create batter constructs than Susanoo, and since they don't have chakra, are pretty much immune to genjutsu, except Kotoamatsukami. So thats like, Itachi can take control of Guy Gardener. But he still loses because theres Hal Jordan.

#23 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (17276 posts) - - Show Bio

@superbot400: Not that I'm claiming itachi is a telepath. I was just planning on collecting good telepathy feats somewhere.. and three of the genjutsus appear on the list.

And having longer range, or affecting more people at once, or mind wiping people.. would it mean that he will be able to create exact effects of tsukuyomi? I always saw the difference between two as quantity vs quality.

and it all happens in an instant.

against one person, tsukuyomi definitely sounds far more dangerous.. But it's not applicable to more than one person without projecting it on moon.

#24 Posted by Zmasonite (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

Well since genjustsu is the manipulation of the flow of chakra in ones brain and lanterns don't really have knowledge of their own chakra network, to my knowledge, it doesn't make sense that they should be able to defend against it. TP resistance is fine and all but you can't necessarily say that genjustu is telepathy even if the outcome is similar. The OP says that the MS works just as it does in Narutoverse so I'm assuming it's genjustus come with it which would give the lanterns chakra otherwise it wouldn't work. Being that the lanterns wouldn't know how to defend against genjutsu they should be caught in it rather easily. Apart from genjutsu being allowed here any adept lantern would curbstomp itachi

#25 Posted by lowlaville (4372 posts) - - Show Bio

@zmasonite: Wait, if genjutsu is allowed here, then Itachi wins, undoubtedly.

#26 Posted by Superbot400 (420 posts) - - Show Bio

@superbot400: Not that I'm claiming itachi is a telepath. I was just planning on collecting good telepathy feats somewhere.. and three of the genjutsus appear on the list.

And having longer range, or affecting more people at once, or mind wiping people.. would it mean that he will be able to create exact effects of tsukuyomi? I always saw the difference between two as quantity vs quality.

and it all happens in an instant.

against one person, tsukuyomi definitely sounds far more dangerous.. But it's not applicable to more than one person without projecting it on moon.

I don't understand why Itachi would be anything special in DC universe. In that scan Black Adam is feeling the pain that Martian Manhunter felt in days/weeks/etc in a single instant. Martiain Manhunter can do almost anything to the human mind. He can control how the brain functions, and change their brain thinks. He do insane things like turn Joker a sociopath into rational thinking person.

You can look at the feats yourself, but Itachi doesn't have anything on MM's scan.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/professor-x-vs-martian-manhunter-telepathy-battle-1464435/?page=1#js-message-9629013

The Martians were all telepathic and developed new and different techniques as years passed on. MM absorbed all of these techniques instantly via telepathy. MM's brain virtually houses thousands of years of telepathic techniques, battle strategies, and training.

Again the GL have defenses aganist psyhic powers. The GL either provides protection, or their human mind has strong will aganist mind control. Itachi's genjutsu isn't telepathy, it's based on charka. GL don't have charka to manipulate it in the first place.

#27 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17276 posts) - - Show Bio

@superbot400: Now that is something I could add to the collection.

#28 Posted by lowlaville (4372 posts) - - Show Bio

@superbot400: Thats because Itachis application of genjutsu has been used as torture maybe twice. Once against Naruto, the other against Kakashi. Refer to Kotoamatsukami. It bends a target to the users will. Itachi can easily take control of Hal Jordon and then win.

#29 Edited by M_Man (639 posts) - - Show Bio

Insta win for Itachi in all rounds if genjutsu is allowed otherwise GLs stomp.

#30 Posted by DeathandGrim (2048 posts) - - Show Bio

The lanterns would kick his ass...

#31 Posted by lowlaville (4372 posts) - - Show Bio

@superbot400: Also lets not forget Itachi showed Sasuke an altered memory of him slaughtering everyone in his clan and veiled his true purpose for doing it, until Obito and Danzou spilled the beans.

#32 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5465 posts) - - Show Bio

Itachi. lol

#33 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (24716 posts) - - Show Bio

The Green Lanterns walk all over him. Genjutsu ain't going to do sh!t to some one who has allowed Hector Hammond in his mind and basically and kicked him out.

Also, what's with this false notion that GL's can protect against MM's TP? The Martian has been able to burn through a telepathic helmet made for John Stewart by the GOTU. If MM wanted to use TP on any GL, MM would play with their head like a game of Sega.....

#34 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (17276 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville said:

@superbot400: Also lets not forget Itachi showed Sasuke an altered memory of him slaughtering everyone in his clan and veiled his true purpose for doing it, until Obito and Danzou spilled the beans.

Actually, what I liked about tsukuyomi was having a world where you control all of time, all of space, and all matter. That just sounds so Awesome..

#35 Edited by lowlaville (4372 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: It is, but the trance is easy to break. For example, a lantern battery can disrupt the flow, so can someone absorbing energy from you. This is how Bijuus making it so Jinchurikkis can combat the gejutsus.

#36 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (17276 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: Not necessarily for the thread, I was talking about in general..

#37 Posted by Tohoma (1429 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah the Green Lanterns take this.

#38 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9718 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol what?

Itachi has no chance. He literally has nothing against the Lanterns.

#39 Edited by ferventking (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Even Tsukuyomi level genjustu was ineffective against Bee because the tailed beast was available to break him out of it. I'm thinking the rings can do the same thing.

#40 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4370 posts) - - Show Bio

This is ridiculous, Itachi is stopped at one in a murder stomp.

#41 Posted by Farkam (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol what?

Itachi has no chance. He literally has nothing against the Lanterns.

#42 Edited by kotetsu454 (198 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna go ahead and take an unpopular opinion here saying Itachi at least has a chance against Guy, and then maybe survive for a little bit against Kyle. One of the reasons being the issue about genjutsu.

@literallyeveryonewhoevertalksaboutnarutouniverse

They don't have chakra so thus genjutsu wont work.

I feel this is a falsehood because chakra is essentially just a word for ones life force. I don't think it's that far of a stretch to say that a life force is not an alien concept to most comic/manga universes. He could very well catch one of them off guard. It's not like they have knowledge and are gonna be prepped for it. All he needs is eye contact and they are caught.

Now that being said I would belive through their own willpower once caught, any lantern has capability to break free from it.

As for the strength of their constructs against Susanoo... I mean come on... I know it doesn't necessarily have superman level strength but it should be able to break constructs to a degree.

'I'll admit however that Amaterasu wont do jack didly squat, if he tries it it will likley just make contact with a construct shield.

Considering that Amaterasu essentially burns forever though I am now curious. If he lands it directly what happens if they release the protective shield around them for even a sec. That fire doesn't just go away? I mean could one kinda argue a double KO? Considering they wouldn't let down their shield until after Itachi is defeated?

#43 Edited by New_World_Order (13179 posts) - - Show Bio

Loses to everyone. If Simon Baz was in this he would even stomp Itachi

#44 Edited by Remnet (72 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised no one's yet to mentioned Itachies Izanami/Izanagi (Itachi might have never used Izanagi, but it's heavily implied that he can use it since he's able to use Izanami)

Izanami, basically create an infinite loop of time around the user as seen in this technical drawing. Also as seen in this chapter here, http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/586/1

Do I think that Itachi is powerful enough to kill a Green Lantern? No, but with Itachi using Izanami he'd be unkillable making this a never ending fight.

#45 Posted by kyrees (5057 posts) - - Show Bio

@remnet: you do know that if itachi uses that, he will lose that eye forever.

#46 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@remnet: That makes him blind in one eye, and makes that Sharingan unusable. Thus, He can only use those twice IIRC, and he'd be using it to save him self from every attack a GL can pull on him. It's essentially a non-factor in this fight since most GLs can come close to one-shotting him and can't be harmed by Itachi. Itachi can't beat anyone here without Genjutsu, which is the big debate.

Tsukiyomi is the largest threat for itachi IMO, since it could potentially break the lanterns' will, though that's also debatable.

#47 Posted by Remnet (72 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: Very well aware, but it would be in his character, because he only wants to die to his brother.

#48 Edited by kyrees (5057 posts) - - Show Bio

@remnet: he needs all the help he needs and using a double edged technique will do more harm to him. it's also debatable that he can trap them in that genjutsu

#49 Edited by Remnet (72 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: @kyrees: Izanami creates and endless loop, at the cost of one eye, unlike Izaniagi which allows you to manipulate reality around you only once.

#50 Edited by kyrees (5057 posts) - - Show Bio

@remnet: we know what izanagi does but that doesn't help the debate on whether or not genjutsu can work on lanterns.