• 131 results
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

ok, so i made this battle awhile back on Anime Vice, since it qualifies more there, but since there aren't that many people on Anime vice i thought i'd try my luck here.

No Caption Provided
Itachi Uchiha

vs

No Caption Provided
Byakuya Kuchiki

RULES

1. this is obviously a cross over anime battle so both opponent's abilities and skills will affect each other, so none of the "Genjutsu won't work on Byakuya cause he doesn't have chakra" or "Itachi wouldn't be able to see Byakuya" stuff

2. both players are at full strength (Itachi doesn't have that mysterious illness)

3. battle til the Death or until K.O

4. fight takes place in a forest

WEAPONS

Byakuya has Senbonzakura

Itachi has standard ninja gear such as kunai, shuriken, paper bombs etc.

who wins??
Marco_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Marco_Kidd

As much as i'd like to say Byakuya wins, Itachi would stomp. Byakuya has never dealt with genjutsu before he wouldn't know how too handle it, Itachi would put him in genjutsu for what seems like a week (like he did to Kakashi) and when he is on the floor collapsed from exaustion Itachi stabs him in the face. And this is just one of many ways itachi would easily beat byakuya using genjutsu.

Marco_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Marco_Kidd

This is why anime cross over battles don't work between almost any anime especially the big three. They all operate in there own rules with different power levels for example no one in bleach or naruto can hurt a logia user from one piece because haki dosn't exist anywere else, even if you say they all have chakra nobody outside of naruto is going too know how to deal with genjutsu or many other jutsu's.

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sissel

@Marco_Kidd said:

As much as i'd like to say Byakuya wins, Itachi would stomp. Byakuya has never dealt with genjutsu before we wouldn't know how too handle it, Itachi would put him in genjutsu for what seems like a week (like he did to Kakashi) and when he is on the floor collapsed from exaustion Itachi stabs him in the face. And this is just one of many ways itachi would easily beat byakuya using genjutsu.

But then again, the reaction time of Byakuya is fast enough for him to block the move. He can just blitz Itachi here. And remember, Byakuya is one of the best shunpo user in Bleach which puts him on a big big advantage against Itachi. I'm not a Naruto reader so I don't know much of how Itachi will do against Byakuya, so I'll give this to the experts.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@The Stegman: Do they have knowledge of each others abilities? Is speed blitzing allowed? 
Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sissel

Also, I think these videos will help us determine on how Byakuya will do well against a genjutso user. Although it isn't the same, the effects are still there.

Avatar image for howterribleisthat
HowTerribleIsThat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HowTerribleIsThat

Byakura vs Kouga isn't canon by the way. 

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sissel

@HowTerribleIsThat: I know it isn't but, does it take away the things he did in it?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@TheGoldenOne: they have no idea what the other is capable of, and yes, speed blitz (or byakuya's flash step) is allowed
alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By alcoholbob

Byukuya wins while making a male model pose.

Marco_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Marco_Kidd

@Sissel: All itachi has to do is make eye contact with Byakuya to fuck him up with his sharingan, he could just just put him in genjutsu then burn him to death with ameterasu to make sure he's dead.

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sissel

@Marco_Kidd said:

@Sissel: All itachi has to do is make eye contact with Byakuya to fuck him up with his sharingan, he could just just put him in genjutsu then burn him to death with ameterasu to make sure he's dead.

But before he could even make the move, Byakuya already slashed his throat. Speed Blitzing allowed means he can just play with him with his speed.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Phylos

itachi is quite the assassin, along with this genjutsu & his ability to disperse into crows & make shadow weapons. 
plus with his arsenal with other jutsus. also, i dont see how byakuya will counter his susanoo, itachi would just seal all of the assaults & possibly byakuya. 
" It is an ethereal weapon with an enchanted blade capable of  sealing anything it pierces. Victims of the sword are trapped in a genjutsu-like "world of drunken dreams" for all eternity."

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By nefarious

Byakuya slaughters Itachi. No contest. Spite thread........

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Sissel:  

@Marco_Kidd said:

But before he could even make the move, Byakuya already slashed his throat. Speed Blitzing allowed means he can just play with him with his speed.

Question is though, will Byakuya flash step before looking Itachi in the eyes? every fight i've seen him in, he's at least given his opponent a passing glance (and insult) before attacking, and even the briefest of eye contact could trap him in a genjutsu
Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

@The Stegman: The only time I remember Byakuya has fought against illusions was in a filler arc, can I base myself on that to determmine Byakuya's skill against genjutsu or ot ?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@TheMightyAvenger: you mean with Kouga Kuchiki? i really don't know if that's canon or not, plus Byakuya had help from a materialized Senbonzakura which isn't in this battle, part of me wants to say what worked on Kouga won't work on Itachi, however i actually would think a powerful enough concentration of reiatsu would disperse lower levels of genjutsu, but probably not Tsykuyomi 
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

@The Stegman: In that fight, which isn't canon by the way, Senbonzakura united with Byakuya's sword and went into Senkei mode, which allowed Byakuya to see what was happening in the battle through all the blades, I don't know if that would be possible without a materialized Senbonzakura, but I see no reason why it wouldn't. Now if you disregard that because it isn't canon the it's a rather simple battle, either Itachi wins via Tsukyomi, because I also believe that reiatsu should be able to break through weaker illusions since it works a lot like chakra, or Byakuya wins via speedblitz. Itachi could use Susanoo, and he has the reflexes to do it to, but aside from burning up his chakra rather quickly it also doesn't seem to be have very fast attacks.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@TheMightyAvenger: well i have an opinion on who /i/ would think would win..but since i created the thread, i'll hold off on it for now, but i will say your analysis is very well thought out!
Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By eatmore_payless

Byakuya>Itachi

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By cascadeking09

@The Stegman said:

1. this is obviously a cross over anime battle so both opponent's abilities and skills will affect each other, so none of the "Genjutsu won't work on Byakuya cause he doesn't have chakra" or "Itachi wouldn't be able to see Byakuya" stuf

It's said that stuff like this has to be specified in order for people to follow it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@cascadeking09: yeah i know, but everytime i see a [insert name here] vs Bleach battle, people argue Bleach wins cause the other opponent won't see a shinigami, it's a very weak and flawed argument lol
Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sissel

@Marco_Kidd:

There are people who have acheived speed feats on at least nearly byakuya's level like rock lee for example and probably Might guy by extention so itachi has probably dealt with extremely fast people before so he could probably keep up with byakuya at least enough to use genjutsu which would only require him to make eye contact with him

But then, how would Itachi would do well against Byakuya's spiritual pressure? It is stated by the TC that the rules of both worlds shall be modified to both advantages.

Itachi Reiatsu: 0

Byakuya Reiatsu: Very High

The rule is that when someone doesn't have any reiatsu none or close to the person they are fighting they will experience an, increase in gravity depending on who you are fighting (EX: When Ichigo first Fought Zaraki Kenpachi he was nearly on his knees because of the spirit pressure).

Also, Byakuya can use an illusion or sort of. So, Byakuya could just use that to trick Itachi.

Utsusemi (空蝉, Cicada, referencing their molting): Way of Onmitsu, 3rd of the Shihō. It allows for a movement at great speed, leaving an afterimage behind. It is a technique taught to him by Yoruichi Shihōin.
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

@Sissel: Utsusemi isn't an illusion, it doesn't work like genjutsu, it is used by achieving very fast movement speed so he can create an afterimage. Also the OP states Itachi can see Byakuya which indicates that Reiatsu crush and other stuff like that won't work.

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sissel

@TheMightyAvenger said:

@Sissel: Utsusemi isn't an illusion, it doesn't work like genjutsu, it is used by achieving very fast movement speed so he can create an afterimage. Also the OP states Itachi can see Byakuya which indicates that Reiatsu crush and other stuff like that won't work.

I still think that Byakuya's bankai could kill Itachi. If he used it, Itachi can't use genjutsu mainly because, the blades will still follow him inside of it even if Byakuya is asleep.

AlmightyPush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AlmightyPush

I haven't read Bleach in about 2 years (so I can't remember just how fast Flash Step is) but Itachi did lightning time in his battle with Sasuke. That said, Byakuya would bring Itachi to his limits, not really allowing Itachi get off any jutsu, but Amaterasu is pretty instantaneous and would spell a victory.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By cascadeking09

@The Stegman said:

@cascadeking09: yeah i know, but everytime i see a [insert name here] vs Bleach battle, people argue Bleach wins cause the other opponent won't see a shinigami, it's a very weak and flawed argument lol

I've also heard people saying that genjutsu doesn't work on characters outside of the NarutoU and it's so annying. Is it that important to try and discredit a characters ability to win? I also hate hearing about speed blitzing, you can't put a Bleach character against a Naruto character without someone screaming about spite because of speed even though neither have any definite speed sets and both are shown doing about the same thing.

@AlmightyPush said:

I haven't read Bleach in about 2 years (so I can't remember just how fast Flash Step is) but Itachi did lightning time in his battle with Sasuke. That said, Byakuya would bring Itachi to his limits, not really allowing Itachi get off any jutsu, but Amaterasu is pretty instantaneous and would spell a victory.

I think the fastest flash step goes Yoruichi, Soi-fon, Ichigo, then Byakuya. Byakuya is was able to keep up with Zommari who's speed allows him to spawn clones, but I'm not sure how fast one has to be to pull off a feat like that so I think it's better to assume they are both fast enought to react to each other than to spend time going back and forth on each's speed feats because neither has been clocked or placed a definite speed.

AlmightyPush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AlmightyPush

I think the speed feats (more or less) end there for Itachi anyway.

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Sissel

Also, I think Byakuya can just use these kido as he is powerful enough to pull kido #88 with no effort.

And this one:

Noren Mekuri is a spell used to nullify types of illusionary effects that may be used to conceal something from view. The practitioner extends their hand and appears as though they are gripping thin air before stripping away the technique that is currently in effect. Doing so creates a light blue and violet aura around the the object that is being revealed as they gradually come into view.
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Sissel: has Byakuya been shown to actually use those kido before though? if not, it's merely speculation, the combatants can only use attacks they've been shown to use in their respective manga
Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Sissel

@The Stegman: Actually no. I don't know what to say now, mostly because he doesn't have any kido shown in Bleach that can disspell a genjutsu-like powers. So, I think it could still go either way in this fight. But, I think Byakuya is still much stronger and faster than him. Mostly because, Bleach are building buster at the least of their capabilities.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

bump!

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Sherlock

Itachi wins every single time

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jeanroygrant

Itachi would use Susanoo which tanked Sasuke's kirin

Or use amaterasu

Avatar image for haganekageofthevillahiddeninla
HaganekageOfTheVillaHiddenInLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Sharingans allowed the users to see superfast movement.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By terry2012

Itachi wins if he can some how manage to pull out Susanoo with the sword and the mirrior that block all attacks. If not then he lose to Byakuya because of the flashstep of Byakuya mite overwhelm him.

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By steelhound56

Byakuya stomps. Bleach characters are far faster than Naruto characters, and Byakuya is one of the fastest characters in the Bleachverse, given his mastery of Shunpo. Only Yoruichi, Bankai Ichigo, Aizen, and Uliquiorra have been shown to be faster than he is, and that is by small margins. Senbonzakura makes this even worse, I cant imagine Itachi dodging thousands of blades at once.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By sandiego008

Uchiha wins he could catch byakuyas rose pettles (with his eyes) and catch them in his black fire that burn never ending or whatever it is. Not downplaying byakuya as I naruto/bleach/one piece/fairy tale ... just think itachi has this one.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By termiteone4ever

The battle could go either either way. There are some powerful Kido and Itachi has some powerful moves both party speeds are impressive. Bya sword is the key here for sure but Itachi has the black flames as well and susano. My bet is still on Itachi because of the powerful jutsu and swords

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DBVSE7

This is my take on this whole Genjutsu, Itachi cant see Byakuya thing... the fact that itachi has to see Byakuya is part of the battle or there would no point in putting these two (or anyone outside the bleach universe) into a fight with him.. Genjutsu doesn't make or break a fight plus its a power so i dont get why it should work on Byakuya when it technecally can't .. so with that said id say itachi anyway

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachi. Genjutsu should end the fight.

Without it?

Byakuya can get out of amaterasu by utsusemi, and he's not getting tagged by that again. Itachi's susano can protect him against SZ, kido, and most of what byakuya can throw. Problem is tagging him. Itachi can be worn out by using susano after a while, but byakuya isn't getting tired that easily.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without it?

Byakuya can get out of amaterasu by utsusemi, and he's not getting tagged by that again. Itachi's susano can protect him against SZ, kido, and most of what byakuya can throw. Problem is tagging him. Itachi can be worn out by using susano after a while, but byakuya isn't getting tired that easily.

How fast is byakuya by the way.? not too familiar with bleach..

Because itachi reacted to sasuke's lightning.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@princearagorn1 said:

Without it?

Itachi didn't 'react' to sasuke's lightening. He was literally looking at sasuke as it was fired, and activated susanoo. Aim-blocking. What it shows off well is susano's insane activation speed.

shonen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Byukuya murder stomps itachi ass.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute said:

@princearagorn1 said:

Without it?

Itachi didn't 'react' to sasuke's lightening. He was literally looking at sasuke as it was fired, and activated susanoo. Aim-blocking. What it shows off well is susano's insane activation speed.

i think it was right off sasuke released his attack. even zetsu stated it would be impossible for itachi to react.. and he did.. that is still an good reaction feat.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By thelocust619

Itachi has literally no hope here....why anyone thinks he does is beyond me. Byakuya is on even tier with building smashers like zaraki, can fight on par with ichigo n his 100,000 blade slashing speed, and is one of the most adept shunpo users. Itachi is a street leveler with illusion hax and a finisher that never works (amaterasu). Like ever. Who was it effective on? Nagato smiled and intentionally held still, hachibi just bounced like "nope", even Raikage, a human, didn't even make a face about it. A move that weak isn't doing crap here, regardless how good its "supposed " to be, If a human can have it burn away at his arm then its not as hot as the sun. In fact, amaterasu has never once burned ANYTHING, it just exists until they cut the limb off. Stupidest move ever.

Tsukiyomi is the best bet, but Byakuya's mental discipline and shunpo speed >>>sharingan

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelocust619: This fight is mostly based on positioning and mental state. If Byakuya pauses and makes eye contact the fight is effectively over but if he decides to just straight kill Itachi or if he has knowledge of genjutsu Byakuya stomps.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themagicstik: I can agree to that, unfortunately its Byakuya's MO to open with a shunpo blitz + critical hit

SeanBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marco_kidd:

This is why anime cross over battles don't work between almost any anime especially the big three. They all operate in there own rules with different power levels for example no one in bleach or naruto can hurt a logia user from one piece because haki dosn't exist anywere else, even if you say they all have chakra nobody outside of naruto is going too know how to deal with genjutsu or many other jutsu's.

Technically, since genjutsu only operate by messing with people's chakra, then in a crossover like that genjutsu wouldn't even work on anyone else, even the tsyukoyomi.

ValarMelkor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marco_kidd:

@marco_kidd said:

Technically, since genjutsu only operate by messing with people's chakra, then in a crossover like that genjutsu wouldn't even work on anyone else, even the tsyukoyomi.

Kaguya put the whole planet under Genjutsu before anyone but herself had any chakra.