• 66 results
#51 Posted by xlab3000 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

Itachi Sasuke and Danzo should win

#52 Edited by Jgames (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

Sasuke and Danzo have reasisted genjutsu before, so I don't see why not TP. Although to be fair, Sasuke genjutsu is weak compare to Itachi even Danzo stated that. And Itachi never inted to kill sasuke. And I never saw anybody resist Itachi genjutsu alone, but I say both Danzo and Itachi should be able to resist TP, although sasuke is questionable. And all xmen threat, for the most part should say no Phonix force, since it makes thing unfair and undebateble for the most part.

#53 Posted by DeathByAnts (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: Since Sasuke is EMS he has Amaterasu, that would protect him from being flash frozen. Edo Itachi's susasno would prevent him from being frozen. Danzo w/ infinite izanagi would be the equivalent of an omega level mutant considering he can reality warp.

#54 Edited by Roddy010 (5249 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to point out Wolverine #113 and 114, Jean battled the Ogun ghost on the Astral Plane. She was also able to resist possession. So Telepathy does play a factor in this battle.

#55 Posted by 18hunt (2904 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: first off, have you seen naruto season 1? Naruto was all about his nindo, that is the only way I know about it. Yes nindo has to do with this, every ninja has their ninja way, the first series was largely about that. So once again a faulty arguement.

And he's i said I have read Xmen, and they were my brothers, like I said earlier.

#56 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

@gonnarain said:

The way I see it TP > Genjutsu.

Strong illusions and impressive mind fxcks, but TP can do the same and more. Telepaths like Jean Grey and Professor X can have their way with most of them, they could even use the Zetsu army as their own.

I would love to add Emma, but if it's just the X-Men from the 90's then I guess she is out, IIRC she joined the X-Men near 2001.

Could you even TP a Edo though? They're pretty much zombies with a spirit controlling a corps. So I guess it's like fighting a ghost.

As long as they have a mind, I don't see why not. Some guys mentioned some examples, but you could also use Iceman as a reference, since he is a consciousness inside his ice body, without an actual brain or organs, and yet he can still be affected by TP.

#57 Posted by DeathByAnts (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010: Dont forget this is 90's Jean. She isn't as adapt with her own powers

#58 Posted by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio

@gonnarain:

Kotoamatsukami is the only known Genjutsu technique that can overcome Edo's control. Otherwise the caster's control is absolute.

#59 Posted by Roddy010 (5249 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010: Dont forget this is 90's Jean. She isn't as adapt with her own powers

Wolverine # 114-115 came out in 1997 so this IS 90's Jean Grey. She was so adapt with her powers that she formed the Phoenix Raptor even without the Force.

#60 Edited by SlimJ87D (9933 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010 said:

I'd like to point out Wolverine #113 and 114, Jean battled the Osun ghost on the Astral Plane. She was also able to resist possession. So Telepathy does play a factor in this battle.

Did the OP put Jean with the Phoenix force in this? Because that sounds like something done with the Phoenix force. It says original X-Men, so I don't know up till what feats can be used.

I still think X-Men win thanks to TP on the other characters though.

#61 Posted by Roddy010 (5249 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

@roddy010 said:

I'd like to point out Wolverine #113 and 114, Jean battled the Osun ghost on the Astral Plane. She was also able to resist possession. So Telepathy does play a factor in this battle.

Did the OP put Jean with the Phoenix force in this? Because that sounds like something done with the Phoenix force. It says original X-Men, so I don't know up till what feats can be used.

Jean retained the name Phoenix long after DPS. The 90's comics had her refer herself as Phoenix, but she wasn't wielding the actual Force. This was Jean's omega level telepathy working not the Phoenix Force.

#62 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@18hunt: Answer this 'nindo' with pictures, I need scans (or at least point to me which chapter) not text

Cool

@deathbyants:

OP, stop rigging and changing the damn first post so that naruto wins

• first you give them ems
  • then you give xmen morals
  • then you change xmen teams

How would ems prevent from being frozen from a man who can freeze the damn hulk?

Danzo is not an omega reality warper, dude stop being biased in the direction of manga.

Have you ever read an x-men book or do you just want your favorite to win?

#63 Posted by SlimJ87D (9933 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010 said:

@slimj87d said:

@roddy010 said:

Jean retained the name Phoenix long after DPS. The 90's comics had her refer herself as Phoenix, but she wasn't wielding the actual Force. This was Jean's omega level telepathy working not the Phoenix Force.

Well then there's no question about it. Jean could solo the team if she instantly controls them all. She could do it really fancy too. She could have Itachi use his Susannoo to seal Sasuke and Danzo, then have Orochimaru undo the Edo Tensei at the same time while Itachi Amataseru Orochimaru killing him.

#64 Edited by DeathByAnts (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: I havent changed anything, literally the third post in this thread is me saying 90's xmen. You say i'm rigging it in favor of Naruto when there are only 3 fighters on the Naruto side and 20+ for the X-men. I had to give Naruto White Zetsu army so they wouldn't be overwhelmed. Lastly, you question my favoritism when you know bare minimum about any of the Naruto characters. You don't know that Amaterasu is an everlasting flame that protects Sasuke when he is in danger and you don't know what Izanagi is at all. All you want to do is discredit Naruto.

#65 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathbyants: The first setting with original was fine

then you put orochi and the edos

then you pick several weaker xmen

Did you read any of my posts? I read up to the latest chapters

Amaterasu cannot even burn through Karins Clothes or even Stones in the aftermath of the Sasuke and Itachi fight (it is hyperbole to say it burns as the sun, it is glorified napalm)

Izanagi, the illusion where danzo/tobi use to evade damage by warping their 'own' bodies at the sacrifice of their eye (which you whoop-dee-diddly do have to remove to give Naruto team the win)

its obvious who won when you have to bend the settings so that naruto team have a chance

Not naruto itself, but fans who overestimate it (this goes for all fans or all series)

#66 Posted by 18hunt (2904 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: I never read original series naruto, so I can't use pics, I watched it...

It is mentioned at least 20x by naruto within the first fourty episodes, try the zabuza saga (nindo=way of the ninja, that is what they use instead of it in naruto)

#67 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@18hunt: Thats the problem broski, always use source material when debating anime/manga

since in anime there is this thing called 'filler' that deviates from canon source (anime pain is not manga pain)

gimme episode on nindo