Isabel Rochev (Arrow) vs Black Widow (MCU)

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IndomitableRegal

This is the 2nd of my Arrow threads that I was supposed to post a couple weeks ago (Emil Blonsky vs Slade Wilson being the 1st). Without further ado: Isabel Rochev a.k.a. Ravager versus Natasha Romanoff a.k.a. Black Widow.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rules/Conditions

This is Ravager as she appears in the Arrow series

This is Black Widow as she appears in MCU

All MCU feats apply for Black Widow

“Black Widow wins because Rochev is dead” is NOT a valid argument

In character

Morals off

Win by death

Round 1

Ravager before Blood Transfusion (no Mirakuru)

Hand to Hand only

Random encounter

No prep

Combatants start 15 ft. apart in Queen Consolidated boardroom, but the entire floor is fair game

Round 2

Ravager post Blood Transfusion

Standard gear

Ravager has a pistol and her dual swords

Black Widow has Widow’s Bite, Glock 26, Walther PPK pistol, 2 mini smoke grenades, 4 throwing knives, and a garrote

Random encounter, but opponents have basic knowledge of each other

No prep

Combatants start 50 ft. apart in an abandoned warehouse:

No Caption Provided

@lukehero@rogueshadow@pokeysteve@sophia89@fallschirmjager@risingbean@pope052@funsiized@princearagorn1@rbt@godzilla44@jokerpoker@deathstroke19@homicidalmaniac@stupid_people@allstarsuperman

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2  Edited By Pokeysteve

Can't really debate gun battles.

Widow should stomp her in hand to hand without the transfusion. With the Mirakuru I think Widow would still win but in a much better fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Widow should stomp her in hand to hand without the transfusion. With the Mirakuru I think Widow would still win but in a much better fight.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Widow should stomp.

R2: Widow take majority because of superior gear & experience.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm totally blanking on what Ravager did beyond getting run over. If she has bullet/arrow deflecting a case can be made for her. If not, I think Widow will take both rounds in a heavy majority.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Stormdriven

Widow wrecks Round 1. She handily wins Round 2.

IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm totally blanking on what Ravager did beyond getting run over. If she has bullet/arrow deflecting a case can be made for her. If not, I think Widow will take both rounds in a heavy majority.

To be honest, I don't remember if she has any bullet/arrow deflecting feats. But, like you said, she was run over by a van. It's also important to remember that she stood up seconds later with zero apparent damage. Also, before she was on Mirakuru, she was shot twice and for all intents and purposes was dead. After Slade gave her the transfusion she completely healed. Between her durability and her suit (which is similar to Deathstroke's), she won't be put down easily. It also stands to reason that apart from some of Slade's higher end feats, she should be able to replicate anything done by people on Mirakuru, including Roy, who was able to punch through concrete and steel, and catch Oliver's arrow.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Widow both rounds

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RisingBean

@indomitableregal: I don't buy into the feat swapping. Most on CV don't. Just because Roy can do something doesn't mean she can. That'll get you into all sorts of shenanigans on the battle boards. "But Batman trained him, so he can do all the skills Batman can." or "Well, since Venom and Carnage are both symbiotes they can both do feat X with equal aptitude..." Nah, that is way to slippery a slope to be on.

As per the fight, Ravage was as good as dead after being shot and before being given mirakuru. I don't think pre Mirakuru has a shot. Second round she may due to the durability and enhanced physicals. It depends on if she can avoid getting shot, how many times she can tank shots before dropping and what the effect of the Widow's sting would be. That sting dropped Chitauri, who in small groups were giving Captain America trouble.

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Quickfingers26

I agree with the majority. Black Widow dominates round 1 and edges out a narrow victory in round 2.

Jueix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with the majority. Black Widow dominates round 1 and edges out a narrow victory in round 2.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Widow wins R1.

Isobel one shots Widow in R2.

IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By IndomitableRegal

@indomitableregal: I don't buy into the feat swapping. Most on CV don't. Just because Roy can do something doesn't mean she can. That'll get you into all sorts of shenanigans on the battle boards. "But Batman trained him, so he can do all the skills Batman can." or "Well, since Venom and Carnage are both symbiotes they can both do feat X with equal aptitude..." Nah, that is way to slippery a slope to be on.

As per the fight, Ravage was as good as dead after being shot and before being given mirakuru. I don't think pre Mirakuru has a shot. Second round she may due to the durability and enhanced physicals. It depends on if she can avoid getting shot, how many times she can tank shots before dropping and what the effect of the Widow's sting would be. That sting dropped Chitauri, who in small groups were giving Captain America trouble.

I agree for the most part, but this isn't your standard case of feat swapping. Everyone who had Mirakuru was shown to have increased strength, durability, reflexes, at least some increase in speed, etc. It's not like Roy could catch an arrow before the injection. The major difference between Ravager and pretty much everyone else that received a transfusion is that she was trained whereas most of them were just common criminals.

lukas12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Widow both rounds.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree for the most part, but this isn't your standard case of feat swapping. Everyone who had Mirakuru was shown to have increased strength, durability, reflexes, at least some increase in speed, etc. It's not like Roy could catch an arrow before the injection. The major difference between Ravager and pretty much everyone else that received a transfusion is that she was trained whereas most of them were just common criminals.

Best bet then is to speculate. You know that in this example Mirakuru increases those stats. You can cite examples of where Slade did this or Roy did that. Show that X trait is amped and then piggyback that onto feats that particular character actually pulled off. While speculation isn't cold hard feat, sometimes it is all you have.

Mirakuru obviously affected people to different extents. Grundy was much different from Slade who was much different from Roy. None of the unnamed rank and file were on Slade's level. That right there shows that the Mirakuru affects people differently and puts feat sharing into doubt.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Widow round 1

Ravager round 2

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Yeah, Widow both rounds.

Abyssdarkfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 widow cleary takes

Round 2 Ravager cleary one shots, she got hit by van and she got back up like it was nothing, Roy had the same mirakuru and broke concrete like it was nothing. She is way to strong and durable for black widow

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
phoenixdiamond616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh please... Nyssa and Sara needs stay together to beat Isabel.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ends in glorious sex

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Widow stomps no question

Round 2: Widow should still win in a difficult fight. Ravaged was struggling to fight Sara who is below Widow and her gear here is pretty solid.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Widow WRECKS. Superior physical capabilities and skill.

R2: Given Widow's superior gadgetry, she should still be able to win.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Widow wins all rounds. And in what world is being hit with a van better then being hit by Hulk?

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By depinhom

@indomitableregal: No mirakuru and Black Widow destroys, with mirakuru, she still probably wins

IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom: Does she win the 2nd round because of gear, or is the skill difference that large?

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

@indomitableregal: Skill difference is pretty large without mirakuru

Also, she uses guns and I'm fairly certain Isabel only uses swords but idk

Avatar image for black_of_shadow
Black_Of_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Widow. Better in almost every way.

R2: Probably Ravager due to stats.

Amnesiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Amnesiak

R1 Widow

R2 could go either way

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Paytience

@indomitableregal: Yeah but there is nothing to say that it boosts to the same level. If it is a stat increase, then it would scale directly and equally from the stats you already have...no?

So a 120lb female is gonna have less strength and mass to compound then a 210 Male...which would give the male a higher end strength/durability increase. Furthermore, punching power is more about mass and technique then it is strength...so a larger mirakuru who can throw a punch breaking concrete (just as an example) doesn't meanuch for the next guy half his size with no training...or for a woman half his size for that matter.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Natasha takes R1. Gets wrecked in 2.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ravager couldn't even wreck Diggle, who was only armed with like a cattle prodder while she had full gear. No way is Widow getting stomped in round 2 lol.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RBT

@nfactor1995 said:

Ravager couldn't even wreck Diggle, who was only armed with like a cattle prodder while she had full gear. No way is Widow getting stomped in round 2 lol.

That's a very poor logic. Rochev fought a guy who was outright tanking her hits, was more skilled than her and still had him on defensive. The only reason Diggle made it out of there alive was because Felicity ran her over. Do mention the context.

Natasha gets wrecked in R2.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: She SHOULD have him on the defensive, considering she's not unskilled herself and has a significant stat advantage on him. Widow is more skilled than Rochev. Widow is also quite possibly superior to Diggle in pure H2H and she has MUCH better gear here, so to think she gets wrecked when Diggle was able to hold his own for awhile isn't a fair conclusion IMO. In fact, she could very well outright win round 2 taking her gear into consideration (I didn't even read what gear she had, just assumed she had her Widow's bites and maybe her electric taser sticks).

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Widow both rounds

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Al-Sah Him was also unable to wreck Diggle. That isn't a low showing. Diggle literally can't win a fight but he also can't get stomped.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By uugieboogie

Widow

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: She SHOULD have him on the defensive, considering she's not unskilled herself and has a significant stat advantage on him.

And that is no reason to say that because she didn't wreck Diggle she would loose to Natasha. The fight was interrupted.

Widow is more skilled than Rochev. Widow is also quite possibly superior to Diggle in pure H2H

That's arguable.

and she has MUCH better gear here, so to think she gets wrecked when Diggle was able to hold his own for awhile isn't a fair conclusion IMO.

A)Diggle wasn't holding his own. He was quite clearly getting beat. B)The only reason Diggle survived long enough was because of his durability. He has taken a hit from Grundy without going down. Roy outright smacked him in face with a metal stand and he was alright. Duggle's endurance was the only thing that kept him in fight long enough for Felicity to arrive.

Natasha has shown time to time that she cannot deal with physically superior opponents. At least the one who has an ounce of skill and can fight back.

In fact, she could very well outright win round 2 taking her gear into consideration (I didn't even read what gear she had, just assumed she had her Widow's bites and maybe her electric taser sticks).

And how is she taking down Isobel with her gear? Natasha has no shooting feats against moving targets that I can remember. Even if she does somehow manages to tag Isobel, which is not very likely, Isobel would most likely tank it. And once the fight goes h2h, which it will, Isobel would wreck her worse than she did Diggle.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

9mms are not putting a Mirakuru user down. Isobel loses R1. Stomps R2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cadf799d578c
deactivated-5cadf799d578c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Natasha wrecks R1, gets wrecked R2 - Diggle fighting her is his feat and doesnt scale over to Natasha.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cae4704c27f5
deactivated-5cae4704c27f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

9mms are not putting a Mirakuru user down. Isobel loses R1. Stomps R2.