• 79 results
#1 Posted by society619 (933 posts) - - Show Bio
The only person I can see even giving Tony a fight would be Solomon Grundy and I wouldn't exactly call him a "Batman villain" Is there anybody who can give Stark troubles or does he just outclass all of Gotham?

#2 Posted by Dextersinister (5765 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is a great character when he is in his own title and doesn't need to be batgod to justify his position on the JL. His villains can be normal people because given the right set-up they can be a threat as an aggressor even against someone as talented as Bruce.

To answer your question Tony would be easily killed by one of Batman's less popular super powered foes that needed to be taken done via stealth.

#3 Posted by XImpossibruX (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Ironman solo's B-man villains easily.

Batman would easily take down every villain he has, if he built armoured mech suits, but that doesn't help him with detective work and people "fearing" him.

#4 Posted by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

Batman would easily take down every villain he has, if he built armoured mech suits, but that doesn't help him with detective work and people "fearing" him.

You

Nail

Head

Good Job!

#5 Posted by society619 (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister said:

Batman is a great character when he is in his own title and doesn't need to be batgod to justify his position on the JL. His villains can be normal people because given the right set-up they can be a threat as an aggressor even against someone as talented as Bruce.

To answer your question Tony would be easily killed by one of Batman's less popular super powered foes that needed to be taken done via stealth.

Like who?

#6 Posted by drgnx (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

It's depends on the setting. If they were in the comic world, there are a few who would take "Tony" out as he identity is known. In a battle like most normal threads, i wonder if anyone thinks if Owlman might stand the best chance with prep, but he is more of a team member of a jla enemy and gets paired against Batman.

#7 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@society619 said:

@Dextersinister said:

Like who?

Well he (Tony) would not be easily killed at all.

But I think enemies like Grundy and Mr Freeze could perhaps cause some trouble for Tony. Or perhaps Prometheus.

#8 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Clayface?

..for about 5 minutes.

#9 Posted by loadofmilark (198 posts) - - Show Bio

now dont call me stupid ... (says something stupid) but i think clay face could win by seeping through gaps in the costume and suffocating stark

#10 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@society619 said:

@Dextersinister said:

Like who?

Well he (Tony) would not be easily killed at all.

But I think enemies like Grundy and Mr Freeze could perhaps cause some trouble for Tony. Or perhaps Prometheus.

@texasdeathmatch said:

Maybe Clayface? ..for about 5 minutes.

Right, perhaps Clayface. or even Ivy. And as I mentioned Grundy, Prometheus and Freeze.

But Two Face, Joker, Black Mask, Bane, even Ra's, people like that are going to do terrible against Tony, unless they have massive massive preparation.

#11 Posted by society619 (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@loadofmilark said:

now dont call me stupid ... (says something stupid) but i think clay face could win by seeping through gaps in the costume and suffocating stark

stupid....jk

#12 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Moon_Bat_87: Hm, for some reason I've got a feeling that Iron Man could probably hack into Prometheus' helmet, but I'm no Stark tech expert.
#13 Posted by MB25 (335 posts) - - Show Bio

With prep, Talia seduces Tony and kills him in his sleep

#14 Posted by Shawnbaby (10418 posts) - - Show Bio

@MB25 said:

9 months later...Tony jr. pops out.

#15 Posted by MB25 (335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: LOL!

#16 Edited by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

@society619: Composite Superman would demolish, but thats going way back and hes a supes crossover villain.

#17 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@MB25 said:

lol

Ivy could do the same...

#18 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony would underestimate the Joker {He looks like a clown) and get a face full of death. Deathstroke would stab him through the eye slot. Lady Shiva & Talia could go the seduction routine as would Catwoman. On pure power levels, Prometheus I feel could take Iron Man even Blockbuster (Nightwing's old nemesis) could rattle Tony's cage. In the new 52, Tony would wipe the floor with most Bat villians, except maybe Mr Freeze

#19 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

Any of the Clayfaces, Composite Superman, Freeze, Grundy or Thanatos I could see winning.

There are a handful of others that could win, given the right circumstances.

(The League of Assassins are part of Batman's rogues gallery, including Lady Shiva.)

#20 Posted by Shawnbaby (10418 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenteaforme said:

Any of the Clayfaces, Composite Superman, Freeze, Grundy or Thanatos I could see winning.

(The League of Assassins are part of Batman's rogues gallery, including Lady Shiva.)

Clayface...probably not. Freeze certainly not. It's stretching a bit to call Grundy a "Batman Villain". Thanatos and Composite Superman are stretching a whole lot.

#21 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

One of Iron Man's old enemies, Blizzard, is basically a more powerful Mr. Freeze, there's no way that Freeze is doing anything to Tony.

#22 Posted by TheMinister (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

Clayface, Grundy, Ivy, and maybe Freeze.

#23 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

Not Ironman but Stark if they somehow broke in his house without his knowledge.

#24 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@greenteaforme said:

Clayface...probably not. Freeze certainly not. It's stretching a bit to call Grundy a "Batman Villain". Thanatos and Composite Superman are stretching a whole lot.

I just looked up "Batman rogues gallery" and picked people from there. Most of them were under "Central Rogues", meaning main and important villains.

Take it up with the Batman wiki if you have a problem.

#25 Posted by Typhion (622 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

This.

People seem to have the delusion that Batman and his rogues have to match up with powerful foes to be great. That's NOT why Batman is the iconic character he is, nor his rogues. They have very, very rich stories, great storylines, and bring things back to earth (relatively speaking of course.) Let's take 2 of his villains as examples: Joker would get DEMOLISHED by Tony in a fight...but that's not why joker is a great villain. He's great because he's ruthless, sadistic, not afraid to hurt the weak and innocent, totally nuts, and sometimes, yes...a bit funny. Joker is a threat not to the hero, but to whatever the hero values when he lets his guard slip for a second. He's probably the single best known and celebrated villain in comics...but I'd probably beat him in a fist fight. Still, Joker is a great villain.

Clayface on the other hand...now he's a mauler, and a real threat. He'd give many very high level street levelers a run. But clayface is boring. His character is dull and poorly developed. He's the direct threat to the hero and look at how well that works in the Batman universe.

I think the people who try to pit Batman and his rogues in poorly set-up one on one battles are either:

1. Totally ignorant of how these characters work (lol, how often does Joker square off against someone cage-match style.)
  2. Gigantic Batman fanboys who have totally lost touch with reality.
  3. Gigantic Batman haters who hope that an internet forum post showing how badly these guys would get spanked by Thanos will make the big bad Batman go away and shine the light of awesomeness on their personal fave.

None of these people get it.

#26 Posted by girugamesh (439 posts) - - Show Bio

In a straight fight, Tony beats any of them.

But several of them could have a good shot if they had prep.

#27 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Ivy could put up a good fight.

#28 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2780 posts) - - Show Bio

Clay face and ivy have a good chance....maybe

#29 Posted by Shawnbaby (10418 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenteaforme said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@greenteaforme said:

I just looked up "Batman rogues gallery" and picked people from there. Most of them were under "Central Rogues", meaning main and important villains.

Take it up with the Batman wiki if you have a problem.

Wooh there tiger....no offense was meant...I was just clarifying some things.

#30 Posted by TheCannon (17905 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

I say Ivy could put up a good fight.

This.

#31 Posted by Floopay (8598 posts) - - Show Bio

@loadofmilark said:

That shouldn't be a valid option. Tony can survive in space in his costume, so it must literally be air tight. I dunno if any Bats villain could really do this. At least not without prep time and/or the element of surprise.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#32 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

If Grundy counts, he'd roflstomp.

Ivy made be able to use her pheromones to beat him.

As Moon_Bat said, Prometheus might be able to give him a good fight.

#33 Posted by _Psy_ (3388 posts) - - Show Bio

The joker totally owns Iron Man. Joker warped reality by showing people his Troll Face. JOKER FTW. *Blah blah blah random trolling blah blah blah Iron Man sucks blah blah blah*

#34 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

If Grundy counts, he'd roflstomp.

Ivy made be able to use her pheromones to beat him.

As Moon_Bat said, Prometheus might be able to give him a good fight.

Really you think Grundy stomps that hard? Wow, that is actually surprising.

And thanks for the nod about Prometheus.

#35 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moon_Bat_87: Grundy consistently goes toe to toe with Alan Scott, so he should definitely curbstomp Iron Man.

#36 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

@stonerthps said:

Not Ironman but Stark if they somehow broke in his house without his knowledge.

He'd still stomp them with his Bleeding Edge armor.

#37 Posted by Telcalipoca (957 posts) - - Show Bio

in a fight tony wins if batmans villains were to switch universes and become tonys villains hed rarely catch them/stop their plans.especially people like ra's and his league of assassins.

#38 Posted by Typhion (622 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

@Moon_Bat_87: Grundy consistently goes toe to toe with Alan Scott, so he should definitely curbstomp Iron Man.

I don't think you can call that version of Grundy a supes or GL villain. Tony would have absolutely no way of even scratching him, while Grundy would one shot Tony. That's why we never see that version pitted against Bats.

#39 Posted by TheMultiverse (134 posts) - - Show Bio

Ivy? I don't think so. Tony likely has air filters in his suit. and he'd vaporize all of her attacks. I don't think Ironman could beat grundy, but Tony has had TWO hulks on his team. So he likely has plans to at least hang with those type long enough to get away. I think Clayface could sneak up on Tony, or Ironman, and definitely contain him for a while. Maybe even beat him.

#40 Posted by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

I dunno, if I was a thug, seeing a guy in a high tech black mech suit attacking would far outweigh the fear of a guy in a batsuit. Besides, with the current batsuit, you can still see Bruce's face underneath the cowl. You can still tell Batman is a person. A person can be killed, and stopped. That's why thugs think they have a chance against him, despite monumental evidence to the contrary. But a Iron Bat suit? There's no definable semblance of a human being. For all they know, it could be a robot or something. I think that would unnerve them quite a bit more than Bats' normal modus operandi. Plus, he could modify it with far greater stealth capabilities than his normal suit.

#41 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: Well, I don't know what Iron Mansuit's exact composition is, but when Karlo absorbed all the other Clayfaci he could melt objects just by looking toward them

#42 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe clayface. Grundy is more of a superman villian who fights batman sometimes.

#43 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

@XImpossibruX said:

I dunno, if I was a thug, seeing a guy in a high tech black mech suit attacking would far outweigh the fear of a guy in a batsuit. Besides, with the current batsuit, you can still see Bruce's face underneath the cowl. You can still tell Batman is a person. A person can be killed, and stopped. That's why thugs think they have a chance against him, despite monumental evidence to the contrary. But a Iron Bat suit? There's no definable semblance of a human being. For all they know, it could be a robot or something. I think that would unnerve them quite a bit more than Bats' normal modus operandi. Plus, he could modify it with far greater stealth capabilities than his normal suit.

I really like that description.

But keep in mind Batman has built armoured suits that cover him all the way, the Justice Armored Suit, the Insider Suit, the Suit he used against the Talons in the Batcave.

I think Batman could defeat most of Iron Man's villains, just as I think Iron Man could defeat most of Batman's villains.

@TheMultiverse said:

Ivy? I don't think so. Tony likely has air filters in his suit. and he'd vaporize all of her attacks. I don't think Ironman could beat grundy, but Tony has had TWO hulks on his team. So he likely has plans to at least hang with those type long enough to get away. I think Clayface could sneak up on Tony, or Ironman, and definitely contain him for a while. Maybe even beat him.

Ivy's powers are not just about pheromones. She has displayed some really amazing feats with nature manipulation and so forth.

@Typhion said:

@blackadamFTW said:

I don't think you can call that version of Grundy a supes or GL villain. Tony would have absolutely no way of even scratching him, while Grundy would one shot Tony. That's why we never see that version pitted against Bats.

I agree. But I do think that Tony would be able to hurt him with some of his more advanced weaponry.

But Grundy is really an enemy for everyone. And that is why DC has so many versions of him show up. But he is a Batman and Green Lantern villain first and fore most. Heck his swamp is in Gotham.

#44 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Terminus

#45 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84520 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we just setting Villain A across the battlefield from Iron Man and saying go? If not, Lady Shiva, or Poison Ivy seduce Tony Stark and kill him as he delivers the money shot.

#46 Posted by Dextersinister (5765 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

@XImpossibruX said:

The idea behind Batman is to put fear into villains that think of committing crimes in the night because there is a chance he could be there waiting for them. The Iron Man suit is just another thing you are aware of and can avoid, anyway Tony rarely ever goes after the day to day criminals that target individual people only the big obvious ones.

#47 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

#48 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheMultiverse: i was thinking the exact same thing

#49 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Soverighn said:

Maybe Terminus

No, Terminus was strong, no doubt, but Batman in his own armored suit nearly took him down. Terminus would likely get stomped.

#50 Posted by darktiger (4153 posts) - - Show Bio

no batman villlain beats iron man simply not powerful enough