Is Lex Luthor being a threat to Superman PIS?

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Since fellow human using a battle suit that grants super strength fighting Superman (Batman) is considered PIS by most people here I was wondering if people think it's also PIS when Lex does it. Why or why not? Remember all the excuses as for why Superman could beat Batman instantly can apply to Lex so I'm going to need a little more than "Lex's smarter!" If you have scans to show Lex's armor can stand up to hits from someone of Superman's level please show them.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By tparks

@jack_donaghy: Supes holds back will probably the consensus you see here.

Not really PIS, since it's a big part of Supe's character to hold back in a fight.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@jack_donaghy: Supes holds back will probably the consensus you see here.

Not really PIS, since it's a big part of Supe's character to hold back in a fight.

I know I'm just saying when Batman and Superman fight I always see posts about how Superman should stomp him or Batman standing a chance is PIS. No one ever says that when Lex fights Superman.You'd think Superman fans would have more respect for Batman as a threat to Superman since his arch enemy is like Batman: a human who uses a suit to fight him.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_donaghy: The fight itself in either scenario isn't PIS IMO, because Superman has to hold back not to kill them. What would be PIS IMO, is if Superman actually lost. It's also PIS if the fight drags out when Superman doesn't have morals IMO, because he should just outright kill them with a single punch before any kryptonite or red sun malarkey is involved.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jack Donaghy

@tparks said:

@jack_donaghy: The fight itself in either scenario isn't PIS IMO, because Superman has to hold back not to kill them. What would be PIS IMO, is if Superman actually lost. It's also PIS if the fight drags out when Superman doesn't have morals IMO, because he should just outright kill them with a single punch before any kryptonite or red sun malarkey is involved.

I agree but I'm sure if Lex in his warsuit was able to no sell Superman's strongest hits and then beat him to death it wouldn't be called PIS. There's a huge double standard on this site when it comes to Lex vs Superman (acceptable, not PIS) and Batman vs Superman (Unrealistic, HUGE PIS, a human can't challenge a God, Superman should lolstomp BatGod) and it annoys me more than anything.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tparks

@jack_donaghy: I would agree with you that what you are describing is a double standard, unless one of the armors really is just that much better. I don't know enough about the armors besides what everyone sees on here to comment though.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@jack_donaghy Can you bring up some instance of Batman actually fighting Superman?

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jack Donaghy

@tparks said:

@jack_donaghy: I would agree with you that what you are describing is a double standard, unless one of the armors really is just that much better. I don't know enough about the armors besides what everyone sees on here to comment though.

I think the Justice Buster is on par with Lex's suit but even if Lex's was better it's not by much. Realistically though I acknowledge that Batman wouldn't be able to beat Superman keep him busy for awhile? Sure but outright beat him? Nah. However I feel the same way about Lex so I'm not biased in my thinking like a lot of people on this topic are. Irl Superman (not holding back) would easily beat Batman in the Justice Buster and Lex in his warsuit at the same time. Even as a huge Batman fan I admit that, whereas a lot of people act like Lex is a realistic threat to Superman. I just can't imagine a human being able to build a suit that can stand up to someone who can bench press the weight of the Earth for 5 days straight.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's not PIS, they are just using prep tech. Superman fans just don't like it when someone____insert character. Builds a suit, then starts beating on Superman. It's just comicbook logic.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Noone301994

Batman wins.

By the way, it's PIS that no one recognizes Superman as Clark Kent. His disguise is GLASSES.

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

It's not PIS, they are just using prep tech. Superman fans just don't like it when someone____insert character. Builds a suit, then starts beating on Superman. It's just comicbook logic.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I'm not a fan when Lex busts out a super suit and tries to fist fight Superman either. Lex is a legitimate threat to Superman as a behind the scenes sort. A manipulator who puts all his time, money, and resources into trying to make Superman's life Hell in order to prove humanity's superiority. Lex can fight Superman indirectly knowing that Superman won't just fly in and kill him in his office and that he's protected from the law by his immense wealth and connections.

In contrast to that Batman dedicates all his time to either keeping his body at the peak physical level, which requires several hours of training daily, and fighting crime in Gotham every night. Plus his side life as Bruce Wayne. And the training of any Robins he has on the side. He also has to build and maintain his own equipment unlike Lex who isn't trying to hide his identity from anyone. Then on top of all that Batman has to take time to figure out how to take down his own comrades and build highly advanced, comically convoluted (Red sun knuckles?) combat suits to maybe fight the League if he needs to.

Lex Luthor spends a loooot more time working against Superman and contributes a massive amount more time and energy into fighting Superman than Batman does. Why shouldn't Luthor be more effective at it?

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember kids, when Lex Luthor is doing it everything is right but when Batman does it everything is wrong.