Is Hulk truly stronger than Superman?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Even if Hulk's strength were greater than Superman's he would not be able to toss Superman around. 

Superman has demonstrated numerous times that his ability to fly is at least equivalent ot his mechanical muscle strength. In other words, he can fly away with the things he can pick up with his arms. So that means, while hulk is pushing or punching using the ground as leverage, Supes is pushing or punching using his power of flight as leverage. He always has perfect traction, and perfect leverage, no matter the environment. 

Hulk's strength is necessarily limited by his traction and the fact that he is subject to gravity.  

Hulk weighs like 1000-2000 pounds. No problem for Superman to move that amount of weight, right? So, no matter how mechanically strong Hulk's muscles are, he will never be able to shove a super-strength flier like Superman, Silver Surfer, or anybody else who can carry that amount of weight while flying. 

I personally believe that Hulk is meant to have the potential for greater physical strength. I think it more likely that the writers at marvel left out the rediculous looney-tunes feats of DC on purpose. It is silly for superman to sneaze....  IN THE VACUM OF SPACE... and blow planets away. That was terrible.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Knightly1

No.  
Also, something people seem to forget: Superman is not entirely subject to physics. Sure, something his size and mass shouldn't be able to move a planet. However, he can ( ppartially.) He shouldn't able to hold up a building 100 times his size without having it break. Realistically, he's much too small, but he still does it. I don't think the whole ( him moving a planet isn't strength" thing needs to be re-evaluated.
Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#153  Edited By turoksonofstone

At Base Superman is Always Stronger, Hulk at Max strength may have as great or greater strength but because of other limitations has a lesser ability to wield it.

Avatar image for noobasaurus_rex
Noobasaurus_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Noobasaurus_Rex

Those who are fans of Hulk say "yes". Those who are fans of Superman say "no".

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By kapitein_zeppos

Get the Hulk mad enough and he'll surpass Superman, problem is getting there.

PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#156  Edited By PirateKing69

Nope

WarChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By WarChild

Well this is actually a tricky question when you think about it, Supermans Feats are far greater than the Hulks, But it`s stated that the madder the Hulk gets the Stronger he gets but then that would mean Hulk could get so mad that maybe he could surpass Supes in strength, well at least on paper, for example, One of Doomsday`s abilities is the fact that if he is beaten by something that that something could never do it again after he comes back to life, so that means potentially that the One Above All could kill Doomsday and then however long it takes for Doomsday to come back  he`ll never be defeated by the One Above All again, if you take it on paper that is.

But I`ll just say this, On Paper yes the Hulk has the potential to be stronger than Superman, But when it comes down to it, Supes outclasses the Hulk in every way.

Cats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Cats

Hulk is in no way shape or form is stronger than Superman. 

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

potentially yes.

Star_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Star_Lord
@Noobasaurus_Rex said:
" Those who are fans of Hulk say "yes". Those who are fans of Superman say "no". "
For the most part, this is too true. But there are some that are logical in their statements.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#161  Edited By Mercy_

No. Simple as that. 

Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#162  Edited By Amegashita
@The Dark Huntress said:
" No. Simple as that.  "
Avatar image for prince_of_saiyans
Prince of Saiyans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman is stronger 

Star_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Star_Lord
Baseline Superman. 

Potential, Hulk. 

Feats, Superman. Although Hulks are really close. 

Strongest incarnation of Hulk(World Breaker) vs Regular Supes, Hulk(not a fight, just strength.). 

And the list could go on as to different reasons why one may or may not be stronger than the other.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#165  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

No he isn't potential if some how a writer makes him then yes.
PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By PirateKing69

And we really dont know about Superman's potential really.. the writers could give him a power boost....just like herc got a boost

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#167  Edited By Static Shock

No.

rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By rogue_mar1e

nu-uh .

deathlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By deathlife

Baseline level. Supes is far stronger than Hulk. Supes strength level goes into billions of ton BUT Superman can't move planets and moons by his power alone again. 

And all those feats of him sneezing planets away (in the vacuum of space where there is no air) and pulling planets with a chain (even though it is Pre- crisis Superboy) is ridiculous in all sorts of ways and actually begins to enter the "Bugs Bunny" level of silliness) . I sincerely believe DC comics will never,ever depict Superman performing such childishness again.

However, i can't really say who is stronger between WWHulk and the modern Superman. It's really difficult to debate the Hulk's strength level because it is not fixed. It's basically a plot device which has been written into the characters continuity.

Hulk does have the potential to get stronger than Superman. I say this because the Hulk's strength level seems to be increasing exponentially (from barely supporting a mountain to moving tectonic plates of a planet to almost destroying continents with footsteps) while DC is streamlining Superman's strength (most likely to create more story telling opportunities).

What can't be concluded is how long it takes for the Hulk to reach this level of strength.

zakman55719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By zakman55719

hulk has no limit so yes hes stronger superman is in the like 100 tons or 1000 tons hulk has no limits so its safe to say he in the 1000000 ton class right

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#171  Edited By Mercy_
@zakman55719 said:
" hulk has no limit so yes hes stronger superman is in the like 100 tons or 1000 tons hulk has no limits so its safe to say he in the 1000000 ton class right "
Superman is 100-1000 tons? Do you actually know anything about Superman?
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#172  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Cooler yes, stronger no
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By turoksonofstone
@The Dark Huntress:
Where are you getting your Superman data exactly?
TheFallenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By TheFallenOne
@Amegashita said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:
" No. Simple as that.  "
"

@Prince of Saiyans said:
"Superman is stronger  "

@rogue_mar1e said:
"nu-uh . "

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
"Cooler yes, stronger no "

@The Dark Huntress said:
"No. Simple as that.  "

@god_spawn said:
"No he isn't potential if some how a writer makes him then yes. "

@Static Shock said:
"No. "

Green Hulk(extremly angered) has better strength feats than current Supes and I dare to say even than SA Supes. His most spectacular feats are: 
- holding a bigger black hole than Supes 
- overcoming the field of energy powerfull enough to change the orbit of the planet (move the planet) so Hulk can move a planet with strength alone (not with flying power like Supes) 
- breaking space-time barrier with two punches (feat greater even than SA SUpes) 
- sending a force through infinite dimensions with a single punch (totaly above the SA league) 
- deflected with thunderclap, an attack which resulted in the destruction of the Dark Cosmos (also a durability feat) 
- totaly destroying indestructible Destroyer armour 
- and 2 times the size of the Earth planetoid is familiar t all of you. And that was Grey Hulk 

About WWH, well when he pissed of (WorldBreaker) his sheer output was decimating the East Coast and was going to destroy the whole planet if not stopped (and such feat is totaly out of Supes league). So yes Supes is weaker than pissed of Hulk. But again the problem is that at base levels (although now hulk should be much, mmuch stronger at base levels) is like  nothing to Supes, and I'm refering to Green Hulk's base level of 90 ton. 

P.S. If you want I'll post the scans of some of the feats, and for other feats I'll give you the issue numbers (since links on respect threads are to old and dead by now).  
ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@TheFallenOne:  I would like you to post scans. Not because I don't believe but because I don't have some of them lol 

I Feel they are closer in strength then the delusional masses would like to believe.
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#176  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Now: No.
In his history: No.
Potentially: NO!

As someone pointed out, a person can only get so angry. Hulk has that limit. While Superman in the sun will get stronger and stronger and stronger. I.E. Superman Prime One Million.

Inevitable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Inevitable
@TheFallenOne said:
" @Amegashita said:
" No. Simple as that.  "
"

@Prince of Saiyans said:
"Superman is stronger  "

@rogue_mar1e said:
"nu-uh . "

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@The Dark Huntress said:
"No. Simple as that.  "

@god_spawn said:

@Static Shock said:
"No. "
Green Hulk(extremly angered) has better strength feats than current Supes and I dare to say even than SA Supes. His most spectacular feats are: - holding a bigger black hole than Supes - overcoming the field of energy powerfull enough to change the orbit of the planet (move the planet) so Hulk can move a planet with strength alone (not with flying power like Supes) - breaking space-time barrier with two punches (feat greater even than SA SUpes) - sending a force through infinite dimensions with a single punch (totaly above the SA league) - deflected with thunderclap, an attack which resulted in the destruction of the Dark Cosmos (also a durability feat) - totaly destroying indestructible Destroyer armour - and 2 times the size of the Earth planetoid is familiar t all of you. And that was Grey Hulk  About WWH, well when he pissed of (WorldBreaker) his sheer output was decimating the East Coast and was going to destroy the whole planet if not stopped (and such feat is totaly out of Supes league). So yes Supes is weaker than pissed of Hulk. But again the problem is that at base levels (although now hulk should be much, mmuch stronger at base levels) is like  nothing to Supes, and I'm refering to Green Hulk's base level of 90 ton.  P.S. If you want I'll post the scans of some of the feats, and for other feats I'll give you the issue numbers (since links on respect threads are to old and dead by now).   "
Show the scans, or it's a lie. Destroyer beat Hulk like nothing.
batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By batman_is_god

I want to say Hulk is potentially stronger
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By blackadam
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @Gremlin From Kremlin said:
" @Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" Base levels? No.  Potentially? Yes. He has feats that suggest so also. "
@Fist_of_Mandalore: What feats? "
He destroyed an asteroid that was two times the size of the Earth.  He also was lifting up 150 billion tons on his shoulders. I believe it was part of the Earth, I'm not sure. But even not including feats. The Hulk simply get angrier and angrier. While his base levels are deff not Superman, with enough time, he can surpass Superman. He can pretty much surpass anyone in strength, because there really is no limit to his rage. And we all know, the madder he gets the stronger he gets. "
is part of the earth? did you knoe superman haas lifted more than that? 

i rally don't understand what do you mean about the" it was part of the earth"

how long do you think it would take the hulk to be on par with superman? superman woulnd't let him get that strong
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#180  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Superman > Hulk in every area. 

Now, let's let the discussion end.

blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By blackadam
@daak1212 said:
" @Susanoo said:
"@daak1212 said:
"@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @Susanoo said:
" @Gremlin From Kremlin said:
" Base levels? No.  Potentially? Yes. He has feats that suggest so also. "
@Fist_of_Mandalore: What feats? "
He destroyed an asteroid that was two times the size of the Earth.  He also was lifting up 150 billion tons on his shoulders. I believe it was part of the Earth, I'm not sure. But even not including feats. The Hulk simply get angrier and angrier. While his base levels are deff not Superman, with enough time, he can surpass Superman. He can pretty much surpass anyone in strength, because there really is no limit to his rage. And we all know, the madder he gets the stronger he gets. "
Superman pulled 1000 planets with a chain... and in theory, each planet is 100s of quadrillions of tons. The max hulk's strength level got to was 150 billion tons and destroying an asteroid twice the size of earth is at least in the trillions area. Hulk's strength never even broke through reality before. Supers strength and/or speed did. "
What comic did he do this in?  And even if you prove he did that. That still doesn't change the fact that potentially the Hulk can become stronger. Anyone who denies that is just be silly. "
That was Superboy prime and that was Silverage.  Current Superman can only move 1/3 of the planet "
1/3 of a planet >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 150 billion tons. And no, Pre crisis Supes pulled 1000 planets and nearly destroyed the DC universe with his speed alone. Hulk may become stronger, but as for now, his top strength level is at least 150 Billion. There are also scans of Supes doing this. "

No no he did not.  That was Superboy Prime.  Superman (Precrisis) sneezed a solar system. The 150 Billion ton thing is not his strongest feat.  This guy almost kill Thor in a bear hug and he took on a warrior madness Thor which increases his strength by 10 and he won. 

No Caption Provided

This is superboy 

No Caption Provided
This is Superman "
WTF when did the hulk "almost kill thor with a bear hug"? i thought that was eigth day juggernaut

and that thing abotu the warrior madness is totally PIS. it shiould take a lot of time for the hulk to reach that level of strenght to eb on par of a warrior madness thor. meanshile thor would take his head off.

ON TOPIC:

HULK IS NOT STRONGER THAN SUPERMAN
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By blackadam
@StrongestOneThereIs said:
" @Warlord said:
" @daak1212: ROFL, how about posting some scans ? Thor beat Hulk ! "

Though he has never beat him with strength alone  

@HumanNumber
said:
"I think WWH is about as mad as the hulk can ever get. He lost everything he had built on sakaar, his people and his mate, everything he held dear. That's why he was so strong. You can't just say "i'm going to get madder" and then do so. I see the hulk as having a limit because i believe his anger has a limit. There only so much pain and suffering you can endure before you break and then no longer care. Yeah his anger can build up quickly at first but soner or later the anger begins to rise slower and slower until it coms to a halt. But then again, i may have no idea what i'm talking about.         "

Actually Worldbreaker is the angriest Hulk 
But some has speculated that Mindless Hulk was truly limtless 
Due to no human moderating influence on his rage
    "
if not by strenght alone then by what? thor doesn't use his other powers when fighting the hulk. he only use his lighting once.
i thor use half of his powers he would trash the hulk easily
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Superman is stronger, even if Hulk did get as strong as Superman or stronger Supes could always sundip to increase his strength if it came to it. 

gethere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By gethere

This argument has gone on for years and will go on for more, look while the hulk has been stated to has an unlimited  potential of strength he do not have the ability to reach his full power, because  
A. The Hulk is marvel wild/trump  card hero as they set him up to be a powerful hero, or the weak in comparison to other powerful hero, but if if willing can make him just as strong. 
B. The writers who right him try to stay away from having the character do superman level feats, as the will have to keep toping it, as that will make him a boring hero, like SA superman was getting close to be. 
C. Finally giving the hulk the convent plot device of suddenly getting full access  to he power would otherwise be pointless as Marvel heroes are known to use their heads (yes, this include the hulk at certain points ) to get them out of problems when they don't have enough prower or strength and give him at that  power would prove the marvel is truly out of ideas.

the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By the darknessss

if there is no limit on time and rage/anger,then yes he "could" be,over a huge amount of time may become stronger than superman,but as it stands now with feats id say superman is stronger.
Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#186  Edited By Deranged Midget

Superman is vastly stronger than any version of Hulk. Anything Hulk can do while being "pissed off", Superman can do with little to no effort. We haven't even seen Superman's upper limit. As for Hulk being able to trump Thor, thats the most absurd thing I've ever heard. Thor would destroy Hulk in seconds.  Also the "no limit to his anger/rage" is getting old. Everyone has a limit to how angry they get. It's nearly impossible to get constantly angry, especially when being knocked around in a fight. Even if Hulk could somehow do that. Superman would drop him before he could get the chance, Hulk has been knocked out before by much weaker opponents such as Spiderman, even though it was for a few seconds.

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By turoksonofstone
@TheFallenOne said:
" @Amegashita said:
" No. Simple as that.  "
"

@Prince of Saiyans said:
"Superman is stronger  "

@rogue_mar1e said:
"nu-uh . "

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@The Dark Huntress said:
"No. Simple as that.  "

@god_spawn said:

@Static Shock said:
"No. "
Green Hulk(extremly angered) has better strength feats than current Supes and I dare to say even than SA Supes. His most spectacular feats are: - holding a bigger black hole than Supes - overcoming the field of energy powerfull enough to change the orbit of the planet (move the planet) so Hulk can move a planet with strength alone (not with flying power like Supes) - breaking space-time barrier with two punches (feat greater even than SA SUpes) - sending a force through infinite dimensions with a single punch (totaly above the SA league) - deflected with thunderclap, an attack which resulted in the destruction of the Dark Cosmos (also a durability feat) - totaly destroying indestructible Destroyer armour - and 2 times the size of the Earth planetoid is familiar t all of you. And that was Grey Hulk  About WWH, well when he pissed of (WorldBreaker) his sheer output was decimating the East Coast and was going to destroy the whole planet if not stopped (and such feat is totaly out of Supes league). So yes Supes is weaker than pissed of Hulk. But again the problem is that at base levels (although now hulk should be much, mmuch stronger at base levels) is like  nothing to Supes, and I'm refering to Green Hulk's base level of 90 ton.  P.S. If you want I'll post the scans of some of the feats, and for other feats I'll give you the issue numbers (since links on respect threads are to old and dead by now).   "
@ThaMessenger07 said:
" @TheFallenOne:  I would like you to post scans. Not because I don't believe but because I don't have some of them lol   I Feel they are closer in strength then the delusional masses would like to believe. "

No Caption Provided
jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#188  Edited By jayskee
@King Saturn said:
"Hell to the fu#k naw Hulk isnt stronger than Superman...  "

yes he is
deathlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By deathlife

Some of the posts here just show that some of us have never actually read Hulk comics.

Fortunately, i collect both Superman and Hulk comics and i stand by my earlier assertion. 

Baseline, Superman is stronger than normal Hulk. Right now, i cant say who is stronger between the two (moving the tectonic plates of an entire planet is an insane feat and i can't say if Supes can do that because since the crisis he hasn't moved that kind of weight unaided).

Hulk does have the potential to get stronger than Superman. That really isn't open to debate, the end of World war Hulk showed that emphatically (footsteps almost destroying a continent?).

manx422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By manx422

Superman has infinite strength
Supes>Hulk

ryanthereaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By ryanthereaper
@drkhwk2001 said:
" Compaired to Supes Hulk is High school strong, Supes is a pro bra. "
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By ssejllenrad
@manx422 said:
" Supes>Hulk "
Yes....

" Superman has infinite strength"

Ummm... no...
manx422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By manx422

In FC Superman Beyond Supes and Cap lifted a book of infinite weight
Half of infinity is infinity

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By ssejllenrad
@manx422 said:

" In FC Superman Beyond Supes and Cap lifted a book of infinite weight Half of infinity is infinity "

Did they? As far as I remember it had infinite pages but not infinite weight. And in that reality, the two things are not equivalent. Do you have a scan where it states it had infinite weight? My memory is dodgy on such a nauseating book.... :D
manx422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By manx422

Well if it did not had infinite weight then why did not Billy Batson picked it up?

deathlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By deathlife

Current Superman doesn't have infinite strength.  If he did, half of his threats would be out of business by now.

The only versions of Superman that might have infinite strength is Pre-crisis Supes and the One million Superman.

Heck, even All-star Supes doesn't have infinite strength.

manx422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By manx422

He did it in FC
That is current version of superman

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Freefa11
@manx422 said:
" Well if it did not had infinite weight then why did not Billy Batson picked it up? "

The idea that Superman has infinite strength is asinine. We've seen him struggle with moving the earth at least, which obviously does not have infinite mass. We've also seen him struggle to overpower other characters (Doomsday? Darkseid? Ever heard of them?). And the "book" was pretty obviously not conforming to any typical laws of physics involving mass or volume.
deathlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By deathlife
@Freefa11 said:
" @manx422 said:
" Well if it did not had infinite weight then why did not Billy Batson picked it up? "
 The idea that Superman has infinite strength is asinine. We've seen him struggle with moving the earth at least, which obviously does not have infinite mass. We've also seen him struggle to overpower other characters (Doomsday? Darkseid? Ever heard of them?). And the "book" was pretty obviously not conforming to any typical laws of physics involving mass or volume. "

This.
the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By the darknessss
@Deranged Midget said:
"Superman is vastly stronger than any version of Hulk. Anything Hulk can do while being "pissed off", Superman can do with little to no effort. We haven't even seen Superman's upper limit. As for Hulk being able to trump Thor, thats the most absurd thing I've ever heard. Thor would destroy Hulk in seconds.  Also the "no limit to his anger/rage" is getting old. Everyone has a limit to how angry they get. It's nearly impossible to get constantly angry, especially when being knocked around in a fight. Even if Hulk could somehow do that. Superman would drop him before he could get the chance, Hulk has been knocked out before by much weaker opponents such as Spiderman, even though it was for a few seconds. "

this not a fight??,op wants to know whos strongest?? as in "no limit" im sure the beyonder stated hulks strength has a potential to be limitless.so in theory its a sound idea,but weather hulk can go beyond supes max strength ive no idea.