• 80 results
#1 Posted by dark_anakin (95 posts) - - Show Bio

which ones on earth can defeat black bolt?

#2 Posted by Funsiized (3723 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_anakin:

i...i Just... I-Can't i JUST CANT.

Please specify, are you asking, the strongest human? if so.No, Hes not Human.

Are you asking the Strongest Superhero? if so, No, Thor, WB Hulk, Hercules, 'Gladiator' could take him out

Are you asking the strongest being? Again NO on so many levels.

So the average answer is, well. NO.

#3 Posted by JediXMan (30976 posts) - - Show Bio

... Black Bolt isn't on Earth. He's on the moon (unless Marvel changed that, too).

#4 Posted by Gritterr (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

... Black Bolt isn't on Earth. He's on the moon (unless Marvel changed that, too).

Attilan is currently hovering above manhattan

#5 Edited by chiq (1974 posts) - - Show Bio

Heroes based on earth?

Thor, Magik, Blue Marvel , Spectrum, Doc Strange, Rachel Summers, probably a couple more...

#6 Posted by comic_book_fan (5729 posts) - - Show Bio

@funsiized: black bolt beats herc and he has a good chance against thor hulk and gladz unless you are talking pure strength in which case you missed a lot of people who are stronger.

#7 Edited by JediXMan (30976 posts) - - Show Bio

@gritterr said:

@jedixman said:

... that's stupid.

#8 Edited by Funsiized (3723 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: , Yeah was just spouting names really. and yes, was think Pure strength and Blackbolts Morals. The dude doesn't go around shouting. Notice i mentions WB Hulk as well. And I think Gladz Could Take Blackbolt at 100% confidence

#9 Posted by Cooldes (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_anakin: Instead of just saying no,

It has been stated that the strongest of earth were Sentry then Hulk then Black bolt (thor was currently thought to be dead so he had no place on this list)

#10 Edited by GhostRavage (9196 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah... If he shouts he can take on everybody people have mentioned here... He whispers most of the times... Sentry was sh*ting his pants just by thinking what a shout of Black Bolt can do... He may not be a high tier in strength nor speed, but hell, his power its overpowered... I can only think of reality warpers for this job...

#11 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11548 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@gritterr said:

@jedixman said:

... that's stupid.

Well it is Marvel

#12 Posted by sync1 (2980 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally West.

#13 Posted by antiwhipped (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Franklin Richards, Legion (sometimes), Proteus, Apocalypse, probably a lot of telepaths and so on and so forth.

#14 Posted by TifaLockhart (14080 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by THC (367 posts) - - Show Bio
@jedixman said:

... that's stupid.

Well it is Marvel

"A hair's breadth short of the speed of light;" "13 trillion times the speed of light"

>calling Marvel stupid

#16 Edited by ThanoStomp (793 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Thor, Hulk, Blue Marvel, Hyperion are all STRONGER. However, it could be argued that Black Bolt is more powerful.

#17 Posted by dondave (38582 posts) - - Show Bio

@gritterr said:

@jedixman said:

Since when?

#18 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@thc: I was waiting for some to post that lol. I almost want to use it as a speed feat XD

#19 Posted by demonyusuke713 (336 posts) - - Show Bio

lol well at one time before hulk came back in wwh blackbolt was regarded as the 2nd strongest possibly in the whole universe if you skip over glactus and all that counting only heroes his whisper can blow away whole mountains

#20 Posted by gav (935 posts) - - Show Bio

lol well at one time before hulk came back in wwh blackbolt was regarded as the 2nd strongest possibly in the whole universe if you skip over glactus and all that counting only heroes his whisper can blow away whole mountains

Yeah, Sentry was considered #1 and Blackbolt #2, when WWH came to New York and cleared house.

#21 Posted by Wardemon32 (4152 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone that has no ears and can move faster than sound. Martian Manhunter

#22 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

@gav:

When was Sentry labelled number 1? Also Hulk never beaten Black Bolt. He beaten a Skrull copy.

#23 Edited by Bezza (3735 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash takes out Black bolt before he's had a chance to clear his tonsils!

#24 Posted by gav (935 posts) - - Show Bio

@gav:

When was Sentry labelled number 1? Also Hulk never beaten Black Bolt. He beaten a Skrull copy.

I mentioned it in my post, when WWH came to NY. He was after Dr. Strange, Black Bolt, Reed Richards and Iron Man for shooting him in to space. It's mentioned a couple times.

#25 Edited by demonyusuke713 (336 posts) - - Show Bio

@gav said:

@demonyusuke713 said:

Yeah, Sentry was considered #1 and Blackbolt #2, when WWH came to New York and cleared house.

eh well tbh hulk beat sentry due to plot but yeah he is still up there in the most powerful classes any one that can bust mountains whiith a whisper deserves that title

#26 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

@gav: Yes, that was the entirety of the World War Hulk Storyline. My question to you was where it was stated that Sentry was No. 1, because you just stated an arbitrary opinion as fact. Sentry is considered by many to be the most powerful, but he's never been officially labeled the most powerful. Also, nowhere was it stated that Black Bolt was No. 2 behind him. World War Hulk also didn't beat Black Bolt. It was a Skrull duplicate, which was weaker. Black Bolt has a zero lose record versus the Hulk. I was just curious as to how you came to the conclusion that Sentry and Black Bolt were No. 1 and No. 2, respectively, when no official information has stated this.

#27 Edited by gav (935 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

@gav: Yes, that was the entirety of the World War Hulk Storyline. My question to you was where it was stated that Sentry was No. 1, because you just stated an arbitrary opinion as fact. Sentry is considered by many to be the most powerful, but he's not considered the most powerful. Also, nowhere was it stated that Black Bolt was No. 2 behind him. World War Hulk also didn't beat Black Bolt. It was a Skrull duplicate, which was weaker. Black Bolt has a zero lose record versus the Hulk. I was just curious as to how you came to the conclusion that Sentry and Black Bolt were No. 1 and No. 2 respectively, when no official information has stated this.

In the same comic it stated Sentry being 1, Black Bolt 2. I'm not saying that's my personal opinion, that was just written in a comic. EDIT: Spidey says this in the comic

#28 Posted by Cooldes (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf: ok here, i don't have the scans but this is straight from the vine.

"During the Civil War, Spider-Man and a group of SHIELD agents ranked Sentry as the most powerful of all Earth's heroes, with the Hulk ranked as second and Black Bolt ranked as third (It should be noted that at this time Thor was dead, so he didn't have a place on the list)."

#29 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

@gav:

Eh, I read the World War Hulk saga. Nowhere (at least to my memory) did they rank the heroes. The only ranking that was ever given was during Civil War, where Sentry was labelled the strongest, followed by Hulk, and then Black Bolt. A scan would be appreciated if possible because in all seriousness, Sentry has stated that he was scared of Black Bolt and that was from just a whisper.

#30 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

@omgomgwtfwtf: ok here, i don't have the scans but this is straight from the vine.

"During the Civil War, Spider-Man and a group of SHIELD agents ranked Sentry as the most powerful of all Earth's heroes, with the Hulk ranked as second and Black Bolt ranked as third (It should be noted that at this time Thor was dead, so he didn't have a place on the list)."

I already know that, but it's really inconsequential. Black Bolt has a win record over Hulk and has feats above him. The Black Bolt Hulk faced and even the one that Sentry faced was a Skrull duplicate.

#31 Posted by gav (935 posts) - - Show Bio

@gav:

Eh, I read the World War Hulk saga. Nowhere (at least to my memory) did they rank the heroes. The only ranking that was ever given was during Civil War, where Sentry was labelled the strongest, followed by Hulk, and then Black Bolt. A scan would be appreciated if possible because in all seriousness, Sentry has stated that he was scared of Black Bolt and that was from just a whisper.

I don’t' have a scan handy, but this video has scans narrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TV2qpDah2c&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLA7A1891A74F85201

Jump to 12:55, like I said Spider man says Black Bolt is number 2, and Sentry is number 1.

#32 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

@gav:

Spider-Man also said that Sentry fought Galactus to a stand still....

I was under the impression that it was officially stated, not by word of mouth from a character who has a niche for over-exaggerating things.

#33 Edited by Dextersinister (6355 posts) - - Show Bio

Dazzler would absolutely destroy Black Bolt.

#34 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

Ends in sex.

#35 Posted by Dextersinister (6355 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister said:

Ends in sex.

Not going to lie that's what I was thinking would be the end of him and not her powers.

#36 Posted by gav (935 posts) - - Show Bio

@gav:

Spider-Man also said that Sentry fought Galactus to a stand still....

I was under the impression that it was officially stated, not by word of mouth from a character who has a niche for over-exaggerating things.

I stated twice Spider-man said this in the comic, which he did. Not sure how "official" this is, however it is stated by him in a comic and he's been around the block, so his opinion has to count for something! ;)

#37 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

@gav: This is actually the first time you mentioned Spider-Man in your post. Your previous posts just stated it was said in WWH. Thanks for clearing it up though.

#38 Edited by Cooldes (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf: did you really have to low ball sentry like that...

The sentry definitely did not and was not "scared" of black bolt in that scan, he even tried intimidating him by cracking the glacier they're on in half.

he was just trying to do the heroic thing and avoid unnecessary conflict imho

#39 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

in all seriousness, Sentry has stated that he was scared of Black Bolt and that was from just a whisper.

Do you really think that he was scared? Shortly before he insisted to talk to Black Bolt. Didn't look like he was scared. I guess what he had in mind was the overall destruction Black Bolt would cause in a fight. And to avoid that the Sentry would actually have to kill him, to safe the people around them. In the end of the day the Sentry is a much, much, much faster than Black Bolt and should be able to rip his head off, before Black Bolt can do something. That's why they stated in the comic that Sentry was above Black Bolt. Makes sense to me.

#40 Posted by Hyperlight (6186 posts) - - Show Bio

a far as overall power and if he is considered among the heroes of earth. he is probably in the top 10.. an argument could be made for 5. in no particular order the general superhuman community bosses might consists of Sentry, Hulk, Dr Strange, Black Bolt, and a few others i cant name as the moment haha

#41 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibio: @cooldes:

I have no doubt that Sentry would be frightened by Black Bolt's scream, since everyone practically is. Nowhere did I state that I believe Black Bolt would defeat Sentry, I was merely trying to argue that power ranking is not really a sure way to determine who's stronger.

Also, since we're speaking about speed. Sentry's reflexes are inconsistent at best. This is the guy who gets punched out by Hulk and gets zapped in the face by Doom. While he is strong, it seems Marvel makes him as strong as the story needs him to be. He's a woefully inconsistent character, since his conception. For example, an enraged Sentry was getting his ass beaten by a fem-bot Ultron, then you have a panel where he is stated to be the most powerful being in existence. I mean his title says it all, the power of a million exploding stars doesn't sound a little far fetched?

#42 Edited by NeonPheonix (650 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Bolt is in my top ten of marvel.

#43 Posted by RidTom (214 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually Dazzler is Black Bolts worst opponent since she she'd only get stronger from fighting him.

#44 Edited by GhostRavage (9196 posts) - - Show Bio

@gav said:

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

@gav:

I mentioned it in my post, when WWH came to NY. He was after Dr. Strange, Black Bolt, Reed Richards and Iron Man for shooting him in to space. It's mentioned a couple times.

No... He was looking for the Illuminati. Charles Xavier, Namor, Tony Stark, Dr. Strange, Reed Richards and someone else i can't recall... maybe Black Bolt. But he wasn't looking for them for shooting him to space, its totally the opposite, he found joy and happiness in another planet, got a wife and 2 sons and was King of the entire Sakaar... He was looking for them because the spaceship where he was sent into the worm hole exploded and erased half life in Sakaar and killed his wife... He was looking to avenge his fallen friends and family, not because he was sent into space but for the murderous bastards the Illuminati were...

@gav: Yes, that was the entirety of the World War Hulk Storyline. My question to you was where it was stated that Sentry was No. 1, because you just stated an arbitrary opinion as fact. Sentry is considered by many to be the most powerful, but he's never been officially labeled the most powerful. Also, nowhere was it stated that Black Bolt was No. 2 behind him. World War Hulk also didn't beat Black Bolt. It was a Skrull duplicate, which was weaker. Black Bolt has a zero lose record versus the Hulk. I was just curious as to how you came to the conclusion that Sentry and Black Bolt were No. 1 and No. 2, respectively, when no official information has stated this.

To be honest with you, i do recall something like that been stated. I don't remember if it was in WWH saga or another storyline, but yeah, im almost sure it was stated.

@chibio said:
@omgomgwtfwtf said:

in all seriousness, Sentry has stated that he was scared of Black Bolt and that was from just a whisper.

Do you really think that he was scared? Shortly before he insisted to talk to Black Bolt. Didn't look like he was scared. I guess what he had in mind was the overall destruction Black Bolt would cause in a fight. And to avoid that the Sentry would actually have to kill him, to safe the people around them. In the end of the day the Sentry is a much, much, much faster than Black Bolt and should be able to rip his head off, before Black Bolt can do something. That's why they stated in the comic that Sentry was above Black Bolt. Makes sense to me.

Nope sir... he was shitting his pants just by thinking what Black Bolt could do if he speaks... talks... Talks loudly, yell, scream... etc... I think someone in the vine said Black Bolts shout at best could tear open space/time holes in reality... Don't know if he meant to say it as a fact or just an expression. But tbh, i don't doubt it.

#45 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: It was already established in Son of M and Silent War that Sentry didn't want to fight Black Bolt because it would kill them both and devastate the planet.

#46 Posted by GhostRavage (9196 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf: Nah, Sentry can't die... Void wont let it happen... But sure, that a fair statement.

#47 Edited by gav (935 posts) - - Show Bio

@gav said:

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

@gav:

No... He was looking for the Illuminati. Charles Xavier, Namor, Tony Stark, Dr. Strange, Reed Richards and someone else i can't recall... maybe Black Bolt. But he wasn't looking for them for shooting him to space, its totally the opposite, he found joy and happiness in another planet, got a wife and 2 sons and was King of the entire Sakaar... He was looking for them because the spaceship where he was sent into the worm hole exploded and erased half life in Sakaar and killed his wife... He was looking to avenge his fallen friends and family, not because he was sent into space but for the murderous bastards the Illuminati were...

He was looking for those 4 in particular for shooting him into space in that particular comic (linked via video in previous post). Those others (Illuminati, Xavier, Namor) might have been mentioned in another comic. He was mad about the bomb, but that was mentioned later in the comic.

#48 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2984 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: unless you get Odin force thor, some magic rocks and a helicariar

#49 Posted by GhostRavage (9196 posts) - - Show Bio

@gav: In what comic? He gathered the War bound and declare war to the Earth for the space ship... Those 4 you are mentioning are Illuminati as well... His real purpose was to avenge his family...

#50 Posted by Hyperlight (6186 posts) - - Show Bio

@ridtom: haha good one.... but dazzler would max out before she would be able to even attacked her ( if he screamed)