Ironman(Extremis Armor) vs. X-O MANOWAR

Rick475069

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Rick475069

No rules. No nothing. Battle takes place in the Gobi desert and the two have met for the first time. 

No Caption Provided

Being called an upgrade to Extremis by Mr. Fantastic, Tony Stark corrected this comment by saying, "Nah - this is what comes next." As such the new armor is a part of Tony Stark's now-posthuman biology - it is stored inside Tony's body in its entirety, "manifesting" itself when mentally commanded.

The nano-machines that make up the suit can now be commanded to form any type of structure upon Stark's skin. The nano-machines can even mimic the appearance of clothes, and then dissociate to transform into the Iron Man armor whenever Stark wishes. The armor and Stark's own transhuman body are powered by the high-yield arc reactor mounted in his chest. The high output of the arc reactor has greatly augmented Stark's intelligence and provided him superhuman-level multitasking and learning capabilities. Unlike earlier armors, this new armor does not appear to rely on motors and servos for motion. Instead, the nano-machines create a secondary artificial musculature over Stark's body, upon which additional rigid structures are assembled. This also enables the armor to self-repair and be almost invulnerable, as the armor is capable of transforming and healing itself as long as the power output from the arc reactor isn't interrupted or terminated; when the armor was briefly apparently destroyed in a fight with an alternate version of Apocalypse, it was restored to normal after only a matter of seconds (Although it was still out of action long enough for Stark to need rescuing by Spider-Man to stop himself hitting the ground as he fell).

Tony Stark indicates that he drew inspiration for the hardware from Iron Lad, a time-traveler from the future wearing a morphing armored suit. The new armor consists of iron/platinum nanoparticle fibers which arrange themselves according to the wearer's commands, even forming large, complex structures such as weapons. It is extremely thin, weighing a total of less than twenty-five pounds, and can store inside the hollows of Stark's bones in its entirety.

The suit's repulsors also now function as cameras -- "eyeballs" -- which afford Stark a 360-degree panoramic view around himself. Several small repulsors are situated around the knuckles, chest, back and legs of the Bleeding Edge armor, as well as in the traditional palms-beamers. Other weapon features are, as of yet, unknown, but the right arm was shown to transform/expand into a large cannon whose function and power are yet to be known, although presumed to be powerful, due to the power of his ARC reactor. It was also strong enough to rip apart Stark's earlier armors with ease, though they were powered down at the time. In flight a pair of fins fold out of both legs, giving a quadruple set of tail fins for flight mode.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Sealed Systems

The X–O Manowar class armor has the ability to conform itself to the wearer. The armor can provide nutrition, atmosphere, and waste removal using its matter to energy/energy to matter capabilities.

In addition, the armor has remote viewing capabilities through its free–floating probe. The probe is able to send back video and audio signals that the armor can interpret and display on the inside of the faceplate. Another viewer mounted on the left shoulder gives the wearer full rear viewing capabilities.

Propulsion

By cutting through a planet’s magnetic field, the X–O Manowar Class armor can accomplish Orbital (and near orbital) propulsion. By generating opposing magnetic forces, the armor slips through the surrounding magnetic field in much the same way that a bar of soap slips through your fingers in the shower.

Pushing against the planetary magnetic field accomplishes Intra–system space flight, boosting the armor (and its wearer) into space.

Operation

The X–O Manowar Class armor does not afford protection to its wearer in the conventional manner. That is, it does not take the damage of an attack and acts as a buffer between the wearer and the attacker. Instead, the armor can actually absorb energy directed against it. It can then re–channel this energy against its attackers. Because the armor absorbs such a broad spectrum of energy (kinetic, nuclear, electromagnetic, etc,) its power source is virtually limitless. Once absorbed this energy can be stored or channeled, but there is a limit. After the suit reaches its maximum capacity, any additional energy directed at it causes feed–back which can be harmful to the suit, even rendering it unconscious or dead. Some of that feed–back can also transfer to the wearer and prove fatal.

In addition to its armor protection, the suit has a number of offensive and defensive capabilities. The wearer directs these through one or more “ports” in the suit. There are three main weapons ports: the Omni–beam port (located on the right side of the chest carapace), and two twin Ion Cannon ports (located on the wrists).

The Ion Cannons produce an 80 MGHz pulsed ion beam of incredible destructive force; this beam can be tightened to a pencil thin stream, or used as an area of effect weapon with a cone-like projection.

The armor itself has a rudimentary sentience and a vast intelligence programmed with the science of the Spider Aliens. It possesses some telepathic abilities with a range limited to touch. Though the suit’s sensors are able to record the presence of nearby thought activity, direct telepathic communication is limited to the wearer.

Additional sensor arrays in the helmet allow the wearer to track a variety of wave emissions. Still others are capable of isolating various types of electromagnetic emissions such as radio waves, and electrical signatures, and the suit is equipped with remote sensors capable of gathering long distance intelligence.

The armor also has three types of flight abilities; gravimetric, propulsive, and (theoretically) relativistic. The suit hovers by manipulating gravitons (minute aspects of gravimetric energy). Pushing against the magnetic lines of force generated by the earth itself added to the propulsive power, while pushing against the nearest celestial body accomplishes near space flight. Relativistic, or near–light speed travel may also be possible through a still unknown method.

Secondary Systems

Two secondary systems exist for the X–O Manowar armor possessed by Aric Dacia. These are the control ring and the artificial arm worn by Ken Clarkson. The control ring is common to X–O suits of all classes. It allows the wearer remote access to the armor when it is not worn. The suit is able to home in on the ring virtually anywhere in the world (the exact range remains unknown since Aric has never reached its limits).

Ken Clarkson’s artificial arm is actually an extension of the suit, like the shoot of a plant. The suit (and its wearer) has complete control over the arm. In Aric’s case, it allows him to keep track of Ken at all times, and prevent any betrayal on his part.

Primary shell

This solid organo–metallic array, used in the carapace, gauntlet, and greaves, serves as a first line of defense for the wearer. The armor compound has the ability to withstand extreme temperatures and has a high degree of resiliency. Its main purpose is to house the technological and weapons systems of the X–O armor.

Secondary shell

This flexible endo–shielding makes up the majority of the X–O armor and serves as a supporting line of defense. The silicon metalloid mesh is most functional as an energy absorption unit for the armor.

Sensory interface net

This third layer, composed of silicon irons arranged in a coordination tissue array, serves as information exchange between wearer and armor. The X–O armor’s limited telepathic ability is dependent on tactile contact with the wearer. This contact facilitates the armor’s protection and healing functions.

Omni-Beam

The Omni–beam has the ability to project several different fields with varying strengths. It can generate a defensive force field (which can deflect attacks too powerful to be absorbed by the armor), an energy–dampening field, or a graviton (tractor beams) field. It also has the ability to generate a coherent light beam that can provide simple illumination, or a beam of such strength that it can render a being of Solar’s power into his component atoms.

Ion Cannons

The Ion Cannons produce a 100 MGHz pulsed ion beam of incredible destructive force; this beam can be tightened to a pencil thin stream, or used as an area of effect weapon with a cone-like projection.

McKenzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By McKenzie

does the x-o armor have any defenses against starks technopathy? if so, what are the suits physical capabilities. can he stand toe to toe with ironman's armor (which was around 75 tons last i heard).

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By karrob
@McKenzie said:
"  does the x-o armor have any defenses against starks technopathy? if so, what are the suits physical capabilities. can he stand toe to toe with ironman's armor (which was around 75 tons last i heard). "
Yeah thats what I was thinking too. Also I think Iron Man is in the 100 ton range now.
Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

Im going with extremis armor on this one
McKenzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By McKenzie
@karrob:  i knew he was 100+ with extremis, but i wasn't sure if the bleeding edge had the same level. the bleeding edge really hasn't had enough combat time for us to really gauge it's strength.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
Iron Man with Extremis for the win here
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By karrob
@McKenzie: I agree. There really hasnt been many showings but since the bleeding edge is the next phase I assume that it is just as strong as extremis but I may be wrong.
Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seems interesting, don't know much about X O Manowar, so bump

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Find the guy who is smart on the old XO manowar. He made a big post like 2 days or so ago

windrushno1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By windrushno1
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thought I had already answered this in another battle with armor extremis. Not on his best day can that armor take a shot of the ion cannon from the X-O manowar class armor. It's a sentient rare armor that takes a seed from 1 armor that takes 2000 years to grow on the chest and you plant it on an open wound on a sentient life form and it turns them into an X-O manowar class. The new version is a little off and the writers aren't even close to half the quality of the original writer's. I recommend you read solar man of the atom 1-10 from valiant and it will blow your mind. Valiant wasn't reluctant at killing heroes or characters without remorse unlike your generic comic book companies who thrive on resurrection and so on that they can't kill a character which was what made origina valiant so unique and Solicited. In there you will find Solar fighting against an alien wearing the X-O manowar class armor as well as Aric in his X-O manowar armor. Solar gave him his best shot and still was alive inside the armor but defeated nontheless and the armor intact. The alien then asked to be executed inside the armor and the armor stayed with the alien warrior covering the cadaver. The armor while wearing it makes you basicly immortal as well. The armor also rebuilds arms limbs or just about anything as long as you have a pulse but in due time not instantly. I've written more if you are interested I can supply with a bunch of scans. Ill put some up here following. Also the armor can withstand temperatures hotter than the core of the sun example solar man of the atom #7 from valiant. In no form way or fashion does any version of the iron man compare to the X O Manowar class armor. Of course Solar sent his hand to absorb a small star and got replenished when the hand came back and won thought the armor fully intact with the warrior inside still alive pleading to be killed after his defeat. Please feel free to look up Solar Man of The Atom to compare feats. He is one of the most if not the most powerful OP character I've had the pleasure to read. Also feel free to look at the small 3 scans as well which continue to show armor feats.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@windrushno1: nice scans, you were the guy I was talking about.

windrushno1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By windrushno1
No Caption Provided

@karrob: The armor can't be controlled, not hacked nor midlocked. For reference read Rai and the Future Force #15 here is an image of the cover. Basicle Rai has the abilities of old school bloodshot which he can control aything technological.. except he bumped into the X-O manowar which was a sentient life form that gave feedback to Rai and knocked him out. Thank you for the compliment as well. I came back to check up on the old thread and I didn't get a notice that someone replied rather they made a new thread. The new version was overriden by Livewire which had the toughest time trying to do but the original character Livewire had magnetic abilities like magneto and this new version has different abilities which I imagine new Valiant is treating her as fodder for later on just like the old valiant killed her off. No respect these days : )

ZicarxTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ZicarxTheGreat

Iron Man

His armour is invulnerable.

Even THANOS cannot destroy it.

ivan_jimenez86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-O Manowar STOMPS Iron Man in all his incarnations with mild difficulties!

His armor cannot be hacked by Iron Man's technopathic abilities. He has more than enough strength to restrain Iron Man, including knocking him out cold if he wants too. Iron Man and X-O Manowar's omni-cannons are nearly comparable, but I'm putting Iron Man's omni-cannons above X-O Manowar because he has used it to hurt even Thanos in the past Avengers series. But the battle would take make Iron Man's battery runs out of juice, whereas X-O Manowar's suit provides its wearer unlimited amount of battery life, so he could continue pummeling Iron Man once his batteries levels drop considerably!