Ironman vs Lex Luthor

• 194 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Nighthunter

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Nighthunter

Zenma says:

"lex luthor is smart and plans very well, but what weapons or suit does he have?"

he has the one from the picture

Zenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Zenma

lex luthor is smart and plans very well, but what weapons or suit does he have?

Zenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zenma

Nighthunter says:

"Zenma says:
"lex luthor is smart and plans very well, but what weapons or suit does he have?"

he has the one from the picture"

what does that give him?

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nighthunter

Zenma says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Zenma says:

he has the one from the picture"

what does that give him?"

not sure, heard that with it he was almost able to beat both Superman and Batman at the same time, not sure tough

Zenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zenma

well the head is unprotected so maybe ironman can win if he aims for the head unless luthor gets to him first

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Couldn't Tony just hijack Lex's suit with Extremis?

Exusiai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Exusiai

The head is covered by a force field actually. the suit has blasters, and is powered by Kryptonite.... several other sundry weapons and Equipment

but it is nothing compared to the Iron Man Armor.

Iron Man.. hands down

Exusiai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Exusiai

Debatable at best.... the Extremis allows him to invade software much like a virus.. and I'm sure Lex has an Anti Virus out there to block that attempt... Even without the Extremis.. Tony's suit is hands down the most versatile and powerful suit of mobile armor in the Comic book universe.... less you count X-O and then thats debatable again.

Avatar image for iron_man_tony_stark_
Iron Man(Tony Stark)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd totally kick his ass.....

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#11  Edited By No_Name_

Iron Man(Tony Stark) says:

"I'd totally kick his ass....."

LMAO yeah right. Who are you even? "Iron Man"

You think you're so cool

Exusiai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Exusiai

Iron Man(Tony Stark) says:

I play Iron Man and Lex Luthor in a mixed Marvel/DC room.... and yeah... Tony would Rock Lex's world

Avatar image for iron_man_tony_stark_
Iron Man(Tony Stark)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatgirlBabs says:

"Iron Man(Tony Stark) says:
LMAO yeah right. Who are you even? "Iron Man" You think you're so cool"

takes a look at her first blog

Well helllllllllllo there gorgeous.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#14  Edited By No_Name_

You think V's sexy too? and here I thought I was the only one. LMAO :oP

Thousandhorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Thousandhorse

Not a physical fight, but a financial go around Stark vs. LexCorp in a knock down drag out stock war. Wallstreet 2, anyone? I hear Hollywood calling.

Cavalry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cavalry

I have to go with Lex. Iron mans suit gets beat up pretty often, while Lex's is created to take hits from Superman. And I am positive that Superman could crush Irons Mans suit. Heck, Captain America could with his shield. And he was striking at peak human force.

Thousandhorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Thousandhorse

Great point Cav, another suit designed to take hits from Superman.....The Bat-Armor. haha. But isnt Lex's weaponry mostly designed with Supe's weaknesses in mind? That wouldnt really do too much to Iron Man, I wouldn't think.

BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BatDance
@Cavalry said:
"

while Lex's is created to take hits from Superman.

"
That means nothing 

A lot of people, and I mean a lot of people take hits from Superman even beat him up

MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MutenRoshi

Stark stomp

Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Superskrull86

I like Lex's exosuit so much, But Ironman wins by afar here
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Saren
@BatDance said:
@Cavalry said:
"

while Lex's is created to take hits from Superman.

"
That means nothing 

A lot of people, and I mean a lot of people take hits from Superman even beat him up

TDKR isn't canon, and Batman needed 10 years of prep to be able to punch Supes like that.
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By Kallarkz

Probably smarter? Debatable 
Wealthier? Yes in recent years Stark has lost his vast wealth. 

Prep is a very abused tactic on this forum. Who know what a person could invent or could not invent within 1-2 years. 
Some users act like every intelligent character is like Forge from X-men and they only need time to invent anything they could possibly imagine.

jameshebrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jameshebrew

@CitizenBane: Lex suite has to have the advantage here, it gives him a higher level of durability and also grants him super strength..lex is also the better tactician and the smarter person as well,i know tonys smart but not luthor style! not only has lex suit taken hits from superman but also green lantern and wonder woman, its no doubt the more durable suit. lex swats off gun fire liker there mosquitoes..and has force fields strong enough to take cruise missiles from the batwing completly unharmed..his suit was made to fight a more powerful type of people than tonys, its nothing against ironman bu he is out classed on this one.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Tony_Shark

@jameshebrew: All those feats are very similar to Stark's in Extremis armor. I do not know how smart Luthor is, but Stark is incredibly smart. The only current persons I would put above him are Reed Richards and Doctor Doom. Iron Man is incredibly durable in Extremis, and even more so in his current armor. In Extremis, he took a lot of punishment from The Sentry and was able to walk away after outsmarting this way out of that mess. He's able to fight at speeds of almost 9 times the speed of sound. His shields are strong enough to take on nukes at 2%. BTW these are all Extremis feats... his current armor is even better lol I can't see Luthor wining this

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jeanroygrant

Stark

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Tony_Shark said:

@jameshebrew: All those feats are very similar to Stark's in Extremis armor. I do not know how smart Luthor is, but Stark is incredibly smart. The only current persons I would put above him are Reed Richards and Doctor Doom. Iron Man is incredibly durable in Extremis, and even more so in his current armor. In Extremis, he took a lot of punishment from The Sentry and was able to walk away after outsmarting this way out of that mess. He's able to fight at speeds of almost 9 times the speed of sound. His shields are strong enough to take on nukes at 2%. BTW these are all Extremis feats... his current armor is even better lol I can't see Luthor wining this

Lex recently became an omnipotent entity, so in terms of feats and what they've accomplished Tony isn't really on Lex's level.

puiwaihin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By puiwaihin

One difference between Lex and Tony is that Tony completely understand all his own technology. He invents the key elements that go into it. Lex hires teams of others to get his tech. Lex is smart, he understands the value of an idea, but he doesn't have 1/100th of Tony's technical ability. If the battle was protracted, I'd see Tony as the one to out fight Lex.

Now, in a political or financial battle, Lex would dominate.

Lex's Power Suit vs. the Iron Man suit? Really depends on the model of Tony's suit. I'd say Tony in Hulkbuster Armor or anything equally durable would take it.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Tony_Shark

@Dex_Starr: Wasn't that just a for a little bit though? I only know so much about Lex. However, Stark has battle Odin Force Thor, and stood his ground. I don't have scans though :/

@puiwaihin: Well said. Really, Extremis should be able to take care of Lex... or so I think lol

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Tony_Shark said:

@Dex_Starr: Wasn't that just a for a little bit though? I only know so much about Lex. However, Stark has battle Odin Force Thor, and stood his ground. I don't have scans though :/

@puiwaihin: Well said. Really, Extremis should be able to take care of Lex... or so I think lol

It was only for an issue but Lex was still able to obtain god hood. I don't know if he could beat Tony suit to suit but his feats of prep are better.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By vuviper

@puiwaihin said:

One difference between Lex and Tony is that Tony completely understand all his own technology. He invents the key elements that go into it. Lex hires teams of others to get his tech. Lex is smart, he understands the value of an idea, but he doesn't have 1/100th of Tony's technical ability. If the battle was protracted, I'd see Tony as the one to out fight Lex.

Lex's Power Suit vs. the Iron Man suit? Really depends on the model of Tony's suit. I'd say Tony in Hulkbuster Armor or anything equally durable would take it.

I'm not quite sure this is true...I've been under the impression that Lex invents his own gadgets for the most part

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By slimj87d

@puiwaihin said:

An even bigger picture to realize is that Villains and Heroes have different morals. For guys with such brilliant minds, one thinks of winning at any cost while the other thinks of winning with minimum collateral damage.

A lot of people fail to realize this difference. I'm sure Tony's technology could be even more devastating if he didn't care about the people or earth around him. For example, you think World War Hulk would have lasted as long if Tony didn't use his satellite from the get go?

It's a shame though that it would have been even less collateral damage if Tony actually did use it right away.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BringnIt

@Dex_Starr said:

@Tony_Shark said:

It was only for an issue but Lex was still able to obtain god hood. I don't know if he could beat Tony suit to suit but his feats of prep are better.

How did he lose it?

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dex_Starr

@BringnIt said:

@Dex_Starr said:

@Tony_Shark said:

How did he lose it?

He couldn't let go of his humanity and his hatred for Superman, so he ended up getting dragged into the phantom zone which in turned vanished; That was the end of Lex pre Flashpoint

jameshebrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jameshebrew

@Tony_Shark: well lex is insanely smart, he has mastered every type of science on this earth and others too, this guys is on a different level than stark for intelligence.

as for the suites durability, well it takes regular abuse from the JLA, believe me it doesnt lack in that.

slim is right lex doesnt care about the ppl around him at all and he will win at any cost..unlimited funds and a battle suite is a awesome weapon but throw in a lack of a conscience and it becomes scary, lex will stop at nothing he will win

zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By zackattack529

i wanna say lex, because im sure he'd have something up his sleeve. but iron mans suit is way more perfected. and it can fly at fast speeds he's more agile. id say iron man wins here.

but it'd be an interesting fight, no doubt

Grenadeface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Grenadeface

Now there weren't any specifications to the match at hand so I would have to assume that this is a spur of the moment no prep type fight just both of them in their suits. In that case I think Iron Man would take it. He has tons of experience fighting in armor and also his armor is extremely versatile. He generally has a little gizmo for almost every situation while I believe Lex's equipment is generally formatted for only one goal in mind, destroy Superman. In the case that they could prepare and have some time then I would say Lex. Lex is mischievous and Machiavellian in his machinations of murder and mayhem. He would go to the lengths that Iron Man would never go and play dirty. On the spot, Tony; After prep, Lex.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By beatboks1

@vuviper said:

@puiwaihin said:

I'm not quite sure this is true...I've been under the impression that Lex invents his own gadgets for the most part

I'm positive it's not. Luthor might have scientists working for him but he's always the one to fix their flawed concepts and make them work. In every major crisis where he's helped the heroes he's shown just how versatile his knowledge and scientific application is. he was the first one to adapt alien tech to use as weapons after invasion, he was the one who came up with the answers to many of their great catastrophes. He has been show to be ahead or equal of/in the game in science (in their own filds) to Ray Palmer, John Henry Irons, Niles Caulder, Will Magnus, and many more.

jameshebrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jameshebrew

@Kallarkz: no lex is more intelligent its not debatable

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Video_Martian

Iron Man

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Tony_Shark

@jameshebrew: How do we know this? Even if he was, it's not like he'd make Stark look like an idiot. I doubt he's THAT smart. Regardless of this, Lex is not winning. There are no specifications, so we just assume is a standard fight in both of their suits. I'm Lex's suit is incredible, but Stark's seems to be superior in all around. The Arc- Reactor is literally a man-made star, and now days it has nearly unlimited energy. Not only that, Stark has incredible response time. Literally in the hundredth-milliseconds. He's incredibly durable, and has taken punishment from some of Marvel's strongest powerhouses. To top it off, he has hundreds of weapons and possibilities. His armor now morphs and re-shapes itself to adjust to ANY situation.

As Tony is definitely smarter than people like Thor, but that doesn't necessarily make him able to beat them. The same can go for Lex in this fight. He might be smarter, but not by a long shot. That and Stark's suit is more advanced.

Stark wins here 8/10

jameshebrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jameshebrew

@Tony_Shark: hes mastered every single form of science on earth including space travel, extra-dimensional travel, biochemistry, robotics, computers, synthetic polymers, communications, mutations,transportation, holography, energy generation, spectral analysis, time travel and more also several alien sciences and technologies as well..he is that smart..how many punches and kicks do you think iron man could take from wonder woman or superman,, not many is my guess..where as lex's suit is used to this abuse and takes is..

to give a example of how intelligent lex is..the only person he considers his peer in a intellectual way is braniac..look him up and what he capable of...yikes!

lex takes this battle

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By willpayton

Doesnt Lex's suit have some Kryptonian or New God's tech in it? I'm sure it's also designed to go up against people like Superman, Wonder Woman, and GL, not just to shoot kryptonite beams at Supes.

Starks suit is pretty awesome, but I think Lex might win here.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By beatboks1

@Tony_Shark said:

@jameshebrew: How do we know this? Even if he was, it's not like he'd make Stark look like an idiot. I doubt he's THAT smart. Regardless of this, Lex is not winning. There are no specifications, so we just assume is a standard fight in both of their suits. I'm Lex's suit is incredible, but Stark's seems to be superior in all around. The Arc- Reactor is literally a man-made star, and now days it has nearly unlimited energy. Not only that, Stark has incredible response time. Literally in the hundredth-milliseconds. He's incredibly durable, and has taken punishment from some of Marvel's strongest powerhouses. To top it off, he has hundreds of weapons and possibilities. His armor now morphs and re-shapes itself to adjust to ANY situation.

As Tony is definitely smarter than people like Thor, but that doesn't necessarily make him able to beat them. The same can go for Lex in this fight. He might be smarter, but not by a long shot. That and Stark's suit is more advanced.

Stark wins here 8/10

To answer your first question We know this because we have seen in story that Lex is better at

Robotics than Will Magnus and Niles Caulder (inventor of the metal men )

Solar energy than Bruce Gordan

time travel than David Clinton (Chronos)

cybernetics than Niles Caulder (inventor of Robotman)

energy than Karen Lou "Kitty" Faulkner (rampage)

weapons design than John Henry Irons (Steel)

We have also seen in story that he equals

Ray Palmer in Physics

Professor Ivo in Cybernetics

We further have many examples of his intellect in other fields.

In Medicine he was able to cure his cripple sister at a whim and remove the cure when he was tired of it

In Genetics he created Superboy by Cloning Superman and himself, created his own Clone to replace his dying body, Casually played with the DNA of many giving them powers in the Everyman project.

During the Invasion Cross over Lex adapted alien technology to new weapons in hours, he also easily master Apokaliptian and Kryptonian tech.

There is plenty of evidence that he is Smarter than Stark only because the scientific areas that he masters are more widely spread. His armor is very durable and the shields impressive But it hasn't the offensive capacity of Stark's IMO.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#45  Edited By ReVamp

@beatboks1 said:

There is plenty of evidence that he is Smarter than Stark only because the scientific areas that he masters are more widely spread. His armor is very durable and the shields impressive But it hasn't the offensive capacity of Stark's IMO.

It also has a Kryptonite layer, which isn't enough to harm Superman, but its enough to make his punches less effective.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By termiteone4ever

Lex for me .

prodigyprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By prodigyprime

Jarvis wins

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, Lex wins, his suit is stronger and possibly more durable, he has resisted technopathic control from Brainiac and managed to overpower him and break his neck in a physical encounter, his offensive capabilities are sufficient enough to solo the teen titans and keep other super powered beings on the ropes, and he has mother/father box technology meaning he can teleport around his opponent giving him mobility advantage or simply BFR his foe though a boom tube.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex...maybe

lash422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony stark is the second smartest person in his universe.