IronMan vs Green Lantern/Hal Jordan

This topic is locked from further discussion.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By acewasp23
acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By acewasp23

OH current incarnations of both.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Methos

overkill...

this is Hal's match, it's overkill on such a high level it's almost a joke lol

Hal isn't vulnerable to the Yellow weakness anymore, so Iron Man's beam or uniform would hold no problem to Hal's power ring tearing him limb from limb.

M

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By acewasp23

Methos says:

"overkill... this is Hal's match, it's overkill on such a high level it's almost a joke lol Hal isn't vulnerable to the Yellow weakness anymore, so Iron Man's beam or uniform would hold no problem to Hal's power ring tearing him limb from limb. M"

yeah i think the battle would be over in 10 seconds.

there is no way in hell that Iron Man can win this.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Methos

Colt Python says:

"I'm not sure about Hal Jordan but I am sure that he wasn't trained hand-to-hand by someone as powerful as CAP."

No, Hal was trained by both Killowog and Sinestro, two of the greatest Green Lanterns that ever lived...

M

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By acewasp23

Colt Python says:

"I say GL tries everything possible to get the armor of because Iron Mna without his suit is just a man but the energy in Iron Man's gauntlets and his chest is yellow.The Uni-beam is very powerful as well even to superhumans who's weakness isn't yellow.If it came down to hand to hand,even without Iron Man's suit he would still win because he was trained by Captain America.I'm not sure about Hal Jordan but I am sure that he wasn't trained hand-to-hand by someone as powerful as CAP."

i posted links to both their pages you should read up on them first.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Apparition

hand to hand? what does that matter?

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By acewasp23

Dormammu says:

"Iron Lantern beats both of them simultaneously, because he is both combined. Is Ironman acutally that weak and slow that GL would beat him that quickly and easily? I dont know the limits of GL so I cant debate over this, Iron is strong and is pretty invulnerable. But on the recap, GL vs. Superman was undecided, which means he must be pretty strong; and if he can fight Superman and have the battle undecided he can beat Iron Man."

Oh just throwing this out there, the GL ring can split an atom. and if he does that any where on IM armor i think tony would get that death that he deserves.

Avatar image for deactived-3246821
deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactived-3246821

Iron Lantern beats both of them simultaneously, because he is both combined.

Is Ironman acutally that weak and slow that GL would beat him that quickly and easily?

I dont know the limits of GL so I cant debate over this, Iron is strong and is pretty invulnerable. But on the recap, GL vs. Superman was undecided, which means he must be pretty strong; and if he can fight Superman and have the battle undecided he can beat Iron Man.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Methos

Colt Python says:

"No need I've been reading both comics for years.I stopped reading GL in about 2000 but i'm sure his power hasn't grown over what it used to be.He can't go Mach-8 and he's not Super strong.The ring does everything for him.Iron Man wins."

using the ring he can accelerate to just under the speed of light... it can also enhance his strength and create shields capable of flying through stars and withstanding blackholes.

there is no way that Iron Man could break his shields, and Hal could easily run a scan on Iron Man using the ring, assess it for weaknesses and destroy Iron Man's suit before he even touched Hal.

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Methos

Dormammu says:

"Iron Lantern beats both of them simultaneously, because he is both combined.Is Ironman acutally that weak and slow that GL would beat him that quickly and easily?I dont know the limits of GL so I cant debate over this, Iron is strong and is pretty invulnerable. But on the recap, GL vs. Superman was undecided, which means he must be pretty strong; and if he can fight Superman and have the battle undecided he can beat Iron Man."

trust me, this is Hal's match...

M

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sparda

Jebus, is this overkill. Hal wins, quickly and easily.....

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Apparition

Colt Python says:

"Dormammu says:
"Iron Lantern beats both of them simultaneously, because he is both combined. Is Ironman acutally that weak and slow that GL would beat him that quickly and easily? I dont know the limits of GL so I cant debate over this, Iron is strong and is pretty invulnerable. But on the recap, GL vs. Superman was undecided, which means he must be pretty strong; and if he can fight Superman and have the battle undecided he can beat Iron Man."
Iron Lantern was created before Extremis and Civil War.Iron Man has grown to be a great deal stronger since then. Oh and BTW it seems GL does fly faster than Iron Man, but he's definately not stronger even with the ring.And without the ring Tony would beat the crap out of him."

stronger? lol are you going back to hand to hand again? they're not getting into a fist fight. both of them would fight from far off and iron man couldn't touch green lantern.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sparda

I'm pretty sure Hal is also stronger......in "The Return Of Superman" (or whatever) he buffed himself up with the ring and took out Mongul is what was almost a completely hand-to-hand fight....

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Methos

Colt Python says:

"Iron Man's suit has no weakness."

yeah, right lol

it's metal right?

it has joints right?

it's uses electronics right?

all 3 of those are severe weaknesses when facing a GL

M

Avatar image for deactived-3246821
deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already agreed Hal wins...

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Apparition

Colt Python says:

i guess you missed namor beating the heck out of him and then tearing his helmet off.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sparda

Apparition says:

"Colt Python says:
i guess you missed namor beating the heck out of him and then tearing his helmet off."

If Namor can do it, then I'm thinking Hal can too....

Like, how strong is Mongul? He's strong enough to fight with Superman. And Hal beat Mongul, right? Then wouldn't that put Hal into the (I figure at least) 70 ton range? That makes him pretty freaking close to IM.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By acewasp23

Colt Python says:

what do you read, IM comics or IM Fan-fic?

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Apparition

Sparda says:

"Apparition says:
"Colt Python says:
i guess you missed namor beating the heck out of him and then tearing his helmet off."
If Namor can do it, then I'm thinking Hal can too.... Like, how strong is Mongul? He's strong enough to fight with Superman. And Hal beat Mongul, right? Then wouldn't that put Hal into the (I figure at least) 70 ton range? That makes him pretty freaking close to IM."

hal can probably lift anything he wants to, until his ring runs out of power. if he wanted to use it that way

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By acewasp23

Sparda says:

"Apparition says:
"Colt Python says:
If Namor can do it, then I'm thinking Hal can too.... Like, how strong is Mongul? He's strong enough to fight with Superman. And Hal beat Mongul, right? Then wouldn't that put Hal into the (I figure at least) 70 ton range? That makes him pretty freaking close to IM."

lol Mongol strength is about even with the man of steel's.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By acewasp23

Sparda says:

"Well, let's see here then.... Stronger: Hal.... Faster: Hal..... Better Weapons: Hal..... Better Defense: Hal...... Largely exploitable weaknesses: Iron Man...... I'd say Hal wins this one then."

like i said in about 10 seconds. lol

8 to scan his armor, and 2 to hit every weakness at the same time.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sparda

Apparition says:

"Sparda says:
"Apparition says:
"Colt Python says:
hal can probably lift anything he wants to, until his ring runs out of power. if he wanted to use it that way"

Well, let's see here then....

Stronger: Hal....

Faster: Hal.....

Better Weapons: Hal.....

Better Defense: Hal......

Largely exploitable weaknesses: Iron Man......

I'd say Hal wins this one then.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By acewasp23

Colt Python says:

"Iron Man comics.Since Civil War have you seen anyone able to find a weakness in his suit even Tony himself.It's only weakness is it's Iron.Spider-man ripped his Mask of in Spidey One more day but he could have killed Spidey if he wanted to,he was holding back."

Yeah WWH riped his Iron A$$ apart.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sparda

acewasp23 says:

"Sparda says:
"Well, let's see here then.... Stronger: Hal.... Faster: Hal..... Better Weapons: Hal..... Better Defense: Hal...... Largely exploitable weaknesses: Iron Man...... I'd say Hal wins this one then."
like i said in about 10 seconds. lol 8 to scan his armor, and 2 to hit every weakness at the same time. "

I'll say 5......

1 for Hal to go as fast as he can and spear IM in the stomach....

4 for IM to crash into the ground K.O.'d.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By acewasp23

Colt Python says:

"Hal Jordan is not stronger than Iron Man. Hal Jordan has one weapon Iron Man has many and he's a genius he made them all himself. Hal's ring runs out of power,Iron Man's suit doesn't Hal without his ring is just as much a man as Iron Man. Hal's weakness is yellow.Iron man's weakness used to be acholism."

where are you getting Hal has a weakness to yellow? because he lost that a while ago.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sparda

Colt Python says:

"Sparda says:
"Apparition says:
"Sparda says:
"Apparition says:
"Colt Python says:
hal can probably lift anything he wants to, until his ring runs out of power. if he wanted to use it that way"
Well, let's see here then.... Stronger: Hal.... Faster: Hal..... Better Weapons: Hal..... Better Defense: Hal...... Largely exploitable weaknesses: Iron Man...... I'd say Hal wins this one then."
Hal Jordan is not stronger than Iron Man. Hal Jordan has one weapon Iron Man has many and he's a genius he made them all himself. Hal's ring runs out of power,Iron Man's suit doesn't Hal without his ring is just as much a man as Iron Man. Hal's weakness is yellow.Iron man's weakness used to be acholism."

Did you read the part where I said Hal beat Mongul, who is as strong as Superman, in a hand-to-hand fight?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Methos

let me put this bluntly for Iron Man fanboys out there...

Hal can take him apart at the atomic structure with his ring, he's done it before as a kind of teleport / stasis...

he's also used it as a weapon before, the exact threat was "Maybe i put you back together right, maybe i don't."

seriously, most people severely underestimate what a GL ring can do... it is fully capable of generating a nuclear blast with a thought, or creating a shield that can withstand a star going supernova.

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Methos

Colt Python says:

"If Hal Jordan is this powerful then the Lantern Corps is invinsible..."

Hal Jordan isn't this powerful, the Power ring is...

it isn't called The Most Powerful Weapon in the Universe for no reason

and yes, ALL Green Lanterns are capable of what i'm describing in this thread

M

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By acewasp23

Colt Python says:

"If he lost that a while ago it had to be his weakness in the first place for him to lose it..right! So even if it's not now his ring still runs out of power.Now the Hulk is stronger than Iron Man but he is one of the only Marvel characters whose strength is unclassified it keeps growing;however Iron Man is stronger than most Marvel Superheroes even ones whose main power is super strength,like Luke Cage."

the battle will be over a very long time before the ring loses its charge.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Methos

Colt Python says:

"If he lost that a while ago it had to be his weakness in the first place for him to lose it..right!"

it was an imputity in the ring, fear cased a weakness to Yellow... most experienced GL's, including Hal, have completely overcome it now.

so unless you're saying that Iron Man can create unspeakable fear in someone who has faced down alien armada's and eternal demons not to mention the Sinestro Corps....

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Methos

Colt Python says:

"Methos says:
"Colt Python says:
"If Hal Jordan is this powerful then the Lantern Corps is invinsible..."
*Hal Jordan* isn't this powerful, the Power ring is... it isn't called ***The Most Powerful Weapon in the Universe*** for no reason and yes, **ALL** Green Lanterns are capable of what i'm describing in this thread M"

Whatever,his ring still runs out of power though and i'm sure he will need all of it to beat Iron Man."

no even close... seriously you don't get how powerful the ring is...

he could level a planet with it in under 5 minutes... are you getting that?

he's carrying enough firepower on his muddle finger to destroy a solar system in a day!

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Methos

Colt Python says:

"I refuse to believe that Hal Jordan is strong enough to penetrate the armor of someone who can lift 90 tons.Someone give me an example of when GL was that strong."

Ok... Death of Superman...

Hal fought hand to hand, assisted with the ring, against Mongul, who is easily Superman's equal when it comes to strength...

how about JLA: The Nail, Hal fought hand to hand with several Kryptonians on earth, all on Superman's strength level and survived.

any more examples or are you saying Iron Man is stronger than Superman?

M

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sparda

Colt Python says:

"acewasp23 says:
"Colt Python says:
"If he lost that a while ago it had to be his weakness in the first place for him to lose it..right! So even if it's not now his ring still runs out of power.Now the Hulk is stronger than Iron Man but he is one of the only Marvel characters whose strength is unclassified it keeps growing;however Iron Man is stronger than most Marvel Superheroes even ones whose main power is super strength,like Luke Cage."
the battle will be over a very long time before the ring loses its charge. "
I refuse to believe that Hal Jordan is strong enough to penetrate the armor of someone who can lift 90 tons.Someone give me an example of when GL was that strong."

Mongul fight

Seriously. He is that strong. He is. Wasn't Iron Man hurt when She-Hulk punched him? Imagine someone much, much, much stronger than She-Hulk hitting him, goin nigh light-speed.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Apparition

Colt Python says:

"acewasp23 says:
"Colt Python says:
"Hal Jordan is not stronger than Iron Man. Hal Jordan has one weapon Iron Man has many and he's a genius he made them all himself. Hal's ring runs out of power,Iron Man's suit doesn't Hal without his ring is just as much a man as Iron Man. Hal's weakness is yellow.Iron man's weakness used to be acholism."
where are you getting Hal has a weakness to yellow? because he lost that a while ago. "
If he lost that a while ago it had to be his weakness in the first place for him to lose it..right! So even if it's not now his ring still runs out of power.Now the Hulk is stronger than Iron Man but he is one of the only Marvel characters whose strength is unclassified it keeps growing;however Iron Man is stronger than most Marvel Superheroes even ones whose main power is super strength,like Luke Cage."

i could name more than twenty people stronger than iron man but why are you fixated on strength? they arent going to wrestle around! and how quickly do you think the ring runs out of power? what good would it be if it ran out of power every couple of minutes? it wouldnt take green lantern more than thirty seconds to beat iron man. i'm sure you saw methos's posts. green lantern does everything he's been saying so he wouldnt even have any trouble at all with iron man. iron man really isnt as tough as you think he is.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Methos

Colt Python says:

"give me proof and i'll agree with you.If GL is that powerful why is there even a Justice League he could beat all the villians on his own."

fine, what proof do you want?

GReen Lantern 1,000,000

Kyle Rayner using a power ring holds back a Supernova

Green Lantern Issue 19 Hal run...

Hal uses the ring to move a planet out of orbit from a solar system

Green Lantern 27 Hal Run...

Hal uses the ring to lift an entire continent off a planet and move it to another planet through space, shielding it while transport.

do you want more examples?

M

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Sparda

Methos says:

"Colt Python says:
"I refuse to believe that Hal Jordan is strong enough to penetrate the armor of someone who can lift 90 tons.Someone give me an example of when GL was that strong."
Ok... Death of Superman... Hal fought hand to hand, assisted with the ring, against Mongul, who is easily Superman's equal when it comes to strength... how about JLA: The Nail, Hal fought hand to hand with several Kryptonians on earth, all on Superman's strength level and survived. any more examples or are you saying Iron Man is stronger than Superman? M"

Darn, I said it was Return of Superman......that shows my Superman knowledge.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Methos

Sparda says:

"Methos says:
"Colt Python says:
Ok... Death of Superman... Hal fought hand to hand, assisted with the ring, against Mongul, who is easily Superman's equal when it comes to strength... how about JLA: The Nail, Hal fought hand to hand with several Kryptonians on earth, all on Superman's strength level and survived. any more examples or are you saying Iron Man is stronger than Superman? M"

Darn, I said it was Return of Superman......that shows my Superman knowledge."

damnit, my bad...

it was in the return of Superman, issue 7 after the destruction of Coast City...

sorry Sparda, you were right

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Methos

Colt Python says:

"Ok well will now agree with you but now I realize why Marvel is more popular.Because there Superheroes are more REALISTIC."

yeah... when you have Hulk who can kill pretty much anyone because he was irradiated by Gamma radiation... which actually is deadly to all life... or a villain that eats planets, or a surfer who can more faster than the speed of light, something that is impossible due to relativity.

you want to argue a battle about DC Vs Marvel, go and pick up one of the 20 or so threads we already have here.

as for Marvel being more realistic, actually pick up a DC comic for once and read it then start this discussion again

M

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By acewasp23

Colt Python says:

"Ok well will now agree with you but now I realize why Marvel is more popular.Because there Superheroes are more REALISTIC."

how is marvel more realistic? lol

methos you still the DC defender?

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Apparition

Colt Python says:

you ignored the statement that green lantern can break someone down atomically and even create a nuclear explosion to decide that iron man loses simply because green lantern is stronger than him? wow

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sparda

Colt Python says:

"Methos says:
"Colt Python says:
Ok well will now agree with you but now I realize why Marvel is more popular.Because there Superheroes are more REALISTIC."

Don't start this. Don't. It's been done, many, many times, and all it does is create hate. Really, why would you say that? Marvel is more realistic in certain stories......ok? Doesn't make the stories better. I like Marvel more, but just because it could be perceived as more realistic doesn't make it better.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Sparda

Methos says:

"Sparda says:
"Methos says:
"Colt Python says:
Darn, I said it was Return of Superman......that shows my Superman knowledge."
damnit, my bad... it was in the return of Superman, issue 7 after the destruction of Coast City... sorry Sparda, you were right M"

I'm gonna be honest. I wasn't expecting to be right.

Wow.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Methos

acewasp23 says:

"methos you still the DC defender?"

as always my friend, as always...

M

Apparition says:

"you ignored the statement that green lantern can break someone down atomically and even create a nuclear explosion to decide that iron man loses simply because green lantern is stronger than him? wow"

yeah, i caught that as well but didn't want to call him on it...

M

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Sparda

Colt Python says:

"Sparda says:
"Colt Python says:
"Methos says:
"Colt Python says:
Ok well will now agree with you but now I realize why Marvel is more popular.Because there Superheroes are more REALISTIC."
Don't start this. Don't. It's been done, many, many times, and all it does is create hate. Really, why would you say that? Marvel is more realistic in certain stories......ok? Doesn't make the stories better. I like Marvel more, but just because it could be perceived as more realistic doesn't make it better."
More REALISTIC makes it way better.Iron Man is damn near the strongest hero in the Marvel Universe and now people are telling me that GL would beat him with ease.But yea I guess if you read down the list f what GL can do he wins.If GL can fight Kryptonians,Iron Man doesn't stand a chance.Now that he has no weakness to he's really invinsible.So again brings me to this..why the hell have a justice league if GL can destroy everyone."

Fine. Have fun being proved wrong in everything you say by Methos, Apparition, and Ace.

Guys, try and not diss Marvel too much, thanks.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Apparition

Colt Python says:

"Sparda says:
"Colt Python says:
"Methos says:
"Colt Python says:
Don't start this. Don't. It's been done, many, many times, and all it does is create hate. Really, why would you say that? Marvel is more realistic in certain stories......ok? Doesn't make the stories better. I like Marvel more, but just because it could be perceived as more realistic doesn't make it better."
More REALISTIC makes it way better.Iron Man is damn near the strongest hero in the Marvel Universe and now people are telling me that GL would beat him with ease.But yea I guess if you read down the list f what GL can do he wins.If GL can fight Kryptonians,Iron Man doesn't stand a chance.Now that he has no weakness to he's really invinsible.So again brings me to this..why the hell have a justice league if GL can destroy everyone."

if i was rating marvel heroes i wouldnt put iron man anywhere near the top. youre just overrating him for some reason. namor beat him in a manner of minutes.

and they have the justice league because even though the heroes are that powerful, so are a lot of the villains...

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Methos

Colt Python says:

"More REALISTIC makes it way better.Iron Man is damn near the strongest hero in the Marvel Universe and now people are telling me that GL would beat him with ease.But yea I guess if you read down the list f what GL can do he wins.If GL can fight Kryptonians,Iron Man doesn't stand a chance.Now that he has no weakness to he's really invinsible.So again brings me to this..why the hell have a justice league if GL can destroy everyone."

i really don't want to get into this argument again...

basically put Marvel breaks more laws of Physics and Biology than DC does... this i know FOR A FACT!

but i don't care because i enjoy both companies stories equally.

as for your question about the GL's...

they don't just protect earth... they are the police corps for the entire universe... over 10,000 of them currently... and they have their own battles with people just as powerful as them, being that can wipe the floor with Superman in under 10 seconds.

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Methos

Colt Python says:

"No I based my decision based on hat GL can do with his rings.He has more powers with that Ring then most heroes have period.I mean he has telepathy,he can be invisible,he has force fields and can more faster than light, he can even time travel, now that he has no weakness to yellow..who can beat Green Latern?"

The ring can do anything he can imagine as long as he has the will power to back it up...

who can beat him? theres about 8000 members of The Sinestro Corps out there kicking the crap out of GL's on a daily basis at the moment

M

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Sparda

Colt Python says:

"Apparition says:
"Colt Python says:
"Sparda says:
"Colt Python says:
"Methos says:
"Colt Python says:
if i was rating marvel heroes i wouldnt put iron man anywhere near the top. youre just overrating him for some reason. namor beat him in a manner of minutes. and they have the justice league because even though the heroes are that powerful, so are a lot of the villains..."
You don't know what your talking about.Go to Marvel.com type in Iron Man and look at his stats,there almost all maxed out."

You're basing this on Marvel.Com? Oh my god.......those are very, very far off. Heck, even the freaking MODS said they were way off. They are not accurate, not by a while.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By acewasp23

Colt Python says:

"You don't know what your talking about.Go to Marvel.com type in Iron Man and look at his stats,there almost all maxed out."

yeah that's a fan vote just like the table here on the vine. they get the ranking from every one voting on it.