caption
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the creator

Is Ironman allowed to use his Extremis powers to use external devices i.e. Satellites, in this battle ?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Iron Man.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
Iron Man should win here
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Iron Man has been doing alot of upgrades to his suit lately to make him feel better about Extremis still being out there somewhere.

Ball Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ball Buster

Iron Man ftw..

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn
Vance Astro said:
"Iron Man has been doing alot of upgrades to his suit lately to make him feel better about Extremis still being out there somewhere."
Indeed
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hadrelius
the creator said:
"Is Ironman allowed to use his Extremis powers to use external devices i.e. Satellites, in this battle ?"

Wonderman wouldn't have much of a chance then.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the creator
Alpha said:
"the creator said:
"Is Ironman allowed to use his Extremis powers to use external devices i.e. Satellites, in this battle ?"

Wonderman wouldn't have much of a chance then."
That's why I asked.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hadrelius

So, without his extremis power, could Wonderman?

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Scarlet Thor
Alpha said:
"So, without his extremis power, could Wonderman?"
Even then Iron Man should win
geodoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By geodoc

Wonderman has stood up to Ironman before.  Tony described him as "it's like fighting the hulk.  I wouldn't want to do this for long.  One more shot like that and I'm done"  That was in another set of armor in West Coast Avengers.  I think WM can take what IM dishes out long enough to get in a couple of hits, and that should be all  he needs to damage Tony's armor.  With extremis armor, Thor cracked his armor just by tapping it with Mjolnir, and WM's fists are compared to being hit with Mjolnir.  If a tap can crack tony's current armor, a full on hit from WM's fists should do more damage.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
geodoc said:
"Wonderman has stood up to Ironman before.  Tony described him as "it's like fighting the hulk.  I wouldn't want to do this for long.  One more shot like that and I'm done"  That was in another set of armor in West Coast Avengers.  I think WM can take what IM dishes out long enough to get in a couple of hits, and that should be all  he needs to damage Tony's armor.  With extremis armor, Thor cracked his armor just by tapping it with Mjolnir, and WM's fists are compared to being hit with Mjolnir.  If a tap can crack tony's current armor, a full on hit from WM's fists should do more damage."
1.Iron Man has a ton of weaponry..most of which I know Wonder Man not only can't dodge but won't remain conscious 
2.Fighting Wonder Man as you should know is not like fighting the Hulk.The Hulk gets stronger and bigger,Wonder Man does not.

3.Iron Man is 5 times faster than Wonder Man

4.Your sadly mistaken if you think Iron Man doesn't have something to take out every Mighty Avenger if he needs to.

5.Wonder Man's fist was compared t Mjolnir before the Thorforce..

6.If She-Hulk didn't complete destroy Iron Man's armor and she is stronger than Iron Man than I don't see Wonder Man doing it either.

7.Wonder Man was knocked out in one punch by Sentry...Iron Man lasted a few panels.
geodoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By geodoc

Do you mean when Sentry was enraged and punched Simon?  I remember him actually not being knocked out and making a comment about sentry right after the punch (he said "he's lost it" so not knocked out).  I'll go back an re-read just to be sure, but I'm fairly certain.  I'm sure IM has something for everyone, but that doesn't mean they can't over come it, they are Avengers after all, and anything is possible.  IM is faster flying, yes, but what about reaction time.  As far as she hulk, all I can say is thor tapped him with mjolnir and cracked his armor, simon should be able to do the same.  She Hulk is a better fighter, but Simon hits harder.  I'm at work so, it's hard for me to double check now.  If Namor can withstand what IM dishes out (he said to tony "you've never invented a weapon that has any affect on me") so can Simon.  For awhile anyways.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
geodoc said:
"Do you mean when Sentry was enraged and punched Simon?  I remember him actually not being knocked out and making a comment about sentry right after the punch (he said "he's lost it" so not knocked out).  I'll go back an re-read just to be sure, but I'm fairly certain.  I'm sure IM has something for everyone, but that doesn't mean they can't over come it, they are Avengers after all, and anything is possible.  IM is faster flying, yes, but what about reaction time.  As far as she hulk, all I can say is thor tapped him with mjolnir and cracked his armor, simon should be able to do the same.  She Hulk is a better fighter, but Simon hits harder.  I'm at work so, it's hard for me to double check now.  If Namor can withstand what IM dishes out (he said to tony "you've never invented a weapon that has any affect on me") so can Simon.  For awhile anyways."
1.Simon wasn't knocked out but he didn't do anything..Ms.Marvel had to cver his @ss.
2.Anything isn't possible because you are an Avenger and Iron Man always executes a plan perfectly once he has something that can take someone out.He only failed against Thor and Hulk.
3.Iron Man has the fast reaction time on the Mighty Avengers and he's faster on running than Simon as well...I don't see why it matters either way because Iron Man is almost always flying.
4.Simon and Mjolnir are not the same.Mjolnir's powers were significantly increased..Thor could barely tear the Thorbuster armor and Iron Man's classic MKII Armor so what makes you think Mjonir is at the same level it was when Simon was compared to it?
5.Iron Man beat Namor 3 times....
geodoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By geodoc

As far as mjolnir, im only talking about how hard it hits, not its powers.  I don't think carol covered his ass, she attacked next as they are a team.  Simon wasn't even hurt.  He's sitting up holding his chin.  Anything is possible, its comics so you can have spiderman beat firelord for instance (only once of course but it did happen).  Simon has more control over his powers now as he has demonstrated against ultron, so who knows how this battle would play out.  Simon hits harder than She Hulk.  I don't see IM standing up to repeated blows from wm.  As for Namor, I was referring to the recent mini series with namor and iron man.  His blast had zero affect on him.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Meteorite

I think Iron Man but it would be a long battle and he would only just win.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
geodoc said:
"As far as mjolnir, im only talking about how hard it hits, not its powers.  I don't think carol covered his ass, she attacked next as they are a team.  Simon wasn't even hurt.  He's sitting up holding his chin.  Anything is possible, its comics so you can have spiderman beat firelord for instance (only once of course but it did happen).  Simon has more control over his powers now as he has demonstrated against ultron, so who knows how this battle would play out.  Simon hits harder than She Hulk.  I don't see IM standing up to repeated blows from wm.  As for Namor, I was referring to the recent mini series with namor and iron man.  His blast had zero affect on him."
1.I'm nt talking abut Mjolnir's power either i'm taking about how hard it hits.It's attack power comes from magic...Thor's mystical power increased therefor Mjolnir is harder and more powerful.
2.Carol did cover his @ss because he had every opportunity to follow up before she got the energy to attack Sentry.
3.Spider-Man beating Firelord has nothing to do with what happens here.That is bad writing..neither of us is stupid enough to believe something like that could happen and therefore it is ruled out.In Battle forums were are supposed to analyze the abilities of the characters and figure out the outcome of a realistic fight between the two...not consider what happens when comics are written poorly.
4.Simon doesn't hit harder than She-Hulk and he has never proven that to be true....Ms.Marvel took Simon's punches with ease...When She-Hulk fought the Avengers she annihilated Carol.
5.If Iron Man's blasts didn't affect Namor...it's bad writing,because Iron Man always beaten Namor and he got stronger but not more durable.
geodoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By geodoc

1.  Yes Mjolnir is more poweful than WM, but his fists are still considered comparable to it (not exactly the same, but close enough).
2.  I disagree.  I guess this scene is subject to interpretation, after all he wasn't ordered to kill him lol.  He was ordered to stop him, tried to reason with  him and got hit pretty hard.  He wasn't even stunned.  He sat up and said he's lost it, so I don't see an ass covering here.
3.  I just used that as an example that hero's can rise to the occassion or challenge and preservere.  Simon has more control over his powers, so it is possible for him to overcome what tony throws at him.
4.  How many times has simon gone up against ultron and won (punching adamantium repeatedly with bare fists).  how many times has he smashed something that was as hard as adamantium (the door i mentioned earlier).  I haven't seen she hulk do that.  if she has please let me know.
5.  Everything can't be bad writing.  Namor fought him in th ocean when that fight occurred so he was fully powered up and that's what happened.  In Invaders/Avengers Simon laughs at Human Torches flames (zero affect on him - invaders thought they were fighting nazis so not holding back) a testament to his durability.

I like both characters, but I feel WM can get a win here.

Iron Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Iron Doom

Iron Man

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
geodoc said:
"1.  Yes Mjolnir is more poweful than WM, but his fists are still considered comparable to it (not exactly the same, but close enough).
2.  I disagree.  I guess this scene is subject to interpretation, after all he wasn't ordered to kill him lol.  He was ordered to stop him, tried to reason with  him and got hit pretty hard.  He wasn't even stunned.  He sat up and said he's lost it, so I don't see an ass covering here.
3.  I just used that as an example that hero's can rise to the occassion or challenge and preservere.  Simon has more control over his powers, so it is possible for him to overcome what tony throws at him.
4.  How many times has simon gone up against ultron and won (punching adamantium repeatedly with bare fists).  how many times has he smashed something that was as hard as adamantium (the door i mentioned earlier).  I haven't seen she hulk do that.  if she has please let me know.
5.  Everything can't be bad writing.  Namor fought him in th ocean when that fight occurred so he was fully powered up and that's what happened.  In Invaders/Avengers Simon laughs at Human Torches flames (zero affect on him - invaders thought they were fighting nazis so not holding back) a testament to his durability.

I like both characters, but I feel WM can get a win here."
1.WHAT PART OF MJOLNIR'S ABILITIES ARE ENHANCED DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND? If the hardness of Mjolnir couldn't destroy Iron Man's MKII armor and with it's Thorforce enhancements it chipped Extremis,Obviously it is harder than it was when Wonder Man's punches were compared to it.
2.Carol absorbed Thermo-nuclear energy before hitting the Sentry...that was a whole other page after he punched Simon.Simon had plenty of time to redeeem himself.
3.Simon doesn't have any powers that can get out of control so saying he has more control means absolutely nothing.Actually if you think about it the Sentry has complete control over his powers as well...it is himself that he can't control at times.This isn't about Wonder Man overcoming..Iron Man isn't sparring with him.Iron Man is such a genius he could probably beat Simon without using many weapons.
4.Why do you keep bringing up Ultron? Wonder Man hasn't beaten Utron since the 80's.What did he do to stop the Ultronn made from Tony's armor? Nothing!
5.Iron Man has fought Namor in the ocean with weaker suits and won.Nobody said everything is bad writing but I just told you why it is and there is now way you can refute that.If my explanation doesn't make sense to you,you have to just be saying anything to win this debate.If someone you've beaten 3 times all of a sudden can't be hurt by your attacks without an upgrade in durability than it's bad writing.

Wonder Man has no chance.Iron Man is faster,more heavily equipped and far smarter in combat.
geodoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By geodoc

Well Vance.  I disagree with you and am leaving it at that.  This would be a great battle to see.  I believe wm has a chance as do all heros.  As for bringing up Ultron, he has feats against him that demonstrate his durability, strength and hitting power (you'd have to have these to go up against anyone made out of adamantium).  Which is why wm could take what IM dishes out for a while, not indefinitely.  So wm has a chance to win.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Iron Doom said:
"Iron Man"
Meteorite said:
"I think Iron Man but it would be a long battle and he would only just win."
Scarlet Thor said:
"Alpha said:
"So, without his extremis power, could Wonderman?"
Even then Iron Man should win"
Ball Buster said:
"Iron Man ftw.."
King Saturn said:
"Iron Man should win here
"
LightBright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By LightBright

Iron Man will win.

geodoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By geodoc

Here's another im vs wm that is what i'm talking about:  http://www.marvel.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28013&postdays=&postorder=asc&start=0.  WM written correctly should be able to withstand what im dishes out for a while.   Tony needs to amp up to get to full power like he did against the bb/super skrull and it left him spent if i'm not mistaken.  Bombs, lasers, tank blasts bounce off wm as shown in WCA proving his durability (against energy attacks also) and that's what will help him last for a time.  His punching power has been shown when written correctly (again in WCA, his first solo series - for example he stale mated the hulk in a straight up fight while they were both pummeld with bazokas which did not affect either one).  I think what is remebered is the whole pumkin bomb thing when it was the pumpkin bomb and all the atlantean weapons that exploded that knocked him out.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
geodoc said:
"Here's another im vs wm that is what i'm talking about:  http://www.marvel.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28013&postdays=&postorder=asc&start=0.  WM written correctly should be able to withstand what im dishes out for a while.   Tony needs to amp up to get to full power like he did against the bb/super skrull and it left him spent if i'm not mistaken.  Bombs, lasers, tank blasts bounce off wm as shown in WCA proving his durability (against energy attacks also) and that's what will help him last for a time.  His punching power has been shown when written correctly (again in WCA, his first solo series - for example he stale mated the hulk in a straight up fight while they were both pummeld with bazokas which did not affect either one).  I think what is remebered is the whole pumkin bomb thing when it was the pumpkin bomb and all the atlantean weapons that exploded that knocked him out."
Did you even read the comic? Tony didn't amp up his power to fight the Blackbolt skrull..he amped it up to destroy the area the Illuminati had met in.Namor killed the Blackbolt skrull with ease.Iron Man will not be stupid enough to use weapons against Wonder Man that doesn't work and he knows exactly what hurts him.Stalemating the Hulk is weak..Iron Man beat the Hulk 3 times..even in the MK II armor which is his classic armor.
geodoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By geodoc
Vance Astro said:
"geodoc said:
"Here's another im vs wm that is what i'm talking about:  http://www.marvel.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28013&postdays=&postorder=asc&start=0.  WM written correctly should be able to withstand what im dishes out for a while.   Tony needs to amp up to get to full power like he did against the bb/super skrull and it left him spent if i'm not mistaken.  Bombs, lasers, tank blasts bounce off wm as shown in WCA proving his durability (against energy attacks also) and that's what will help him last for a time.  His punching power has been shown when written correctly (again in WCA, his first solo series - for example he stale mated the hulk in a straight up fight while they were both pummeld with bazokas which did not affect either one).  I think what is remebered is the whole pumkin bomb thing when it was the pumpkin bomb and all the atlantean weapons that exploded that knocked him out."
Did you even read the comic? Tony didn't amp up his power to fight the Blackbolt skrull..he amped it up to destroy the area the Illuminati had met in.Namor killed the Blackbolt skrull with ease.Iron Man will not be stupid enough to use weapons against Wonder Man that doesn't work and he knows exactly what hurts him.Stalemating the Hulk is weak..Iron Man beat the Hulk 3 times..even in the MK II armor which is his classic armor."
Yes I read the comic (as I own over 10,000 comics).  I knew he amped up for a powerful blast (thats the blast he would need to take out simon).  Stalemating the hulk is never weak especially when they were both being hit with bazokas repeatedly and didn't even notice - durability feat.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
geodoc said:
"Vance Astro said:
"geodoc said:
Did you even read the comic? Tony didn't amp up his power to fight the Blackbolt skrull..he amped it up to destroy the area the Illuminati had met in.Namor killed the Blackbolt skrull with ease.Iron Man will not be stupid enough to use weapons against Wonder Man that doesn't work and he knows exactly what hurts him.Stalemating the Hulk is weak..Iron Man beat the Hulk 3 times..even in the MK II armor which is his classic armor."
Yes I read the comic (as I own over 10,000 comics).  I knew he amped up for a powerful blast (thats the blast he would need to take out simon).  Stalemating the hulk is never weak especially when they were both being hit with bazokas repeatedly and didn't even notice - durability feat."
Stalemating Hulk is weak when the person you fighting against actually beat him more than once.
geodoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By geodoc

Which version of the hulk and how did he beat him.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
geodoc said:
"

Which version of the hulk and how did he beat him.

"
He beat classic Hulk by punching him into the ground repeatedly.
He beat Savage Hulk with one shot from his gauntlet during Heroes Reborn
Than again in Heroes Reborn finishing him off with another blast.
geodoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By geodoc

Give me a few to look these up okies.

MegaMaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MegaMaic

Wonder Man

KevinConnor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By KevinConnor

wonder man

Adriusus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Adriusus

Iron Man wins.

shihan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron man

Ryu750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ryu750

Long hard battle 7 out 10times Wonderman wins.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ryu750: How?

Besides Iron Man already knows how to contain his ionic energy. I think he did it in the Bendis run back in 2010, annual issue? I'm not too sure.

But yeah IM basically BFRd Wonder Man in secs.

Adriusus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Iron Man wins.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iron man already beat him.

Zemoftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder man has this

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Wonder man should win.

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ffs91: Wasn’t that with prep? Simon has been consistently superior to Iron man. They fought on 3 occasions and at best Iron man could only take a few hits. He even noted Wonder man wasn’t even breathing hard from full power repulsors.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noobmaster2001: I don't remember that good, but even War machine beat him twice iirc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ffs91: I mean Wonder man is a guy who has beaten people like Abomination, Skurge, Red Hulk and Atlas etc I don’t think him being beaten by War Machine (Which I don’t think ever happened IIRC) is consistent, especially considering he’s beaten/proved superior to Iron man in every encounter they’ve had.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noobmaster2001:

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11128/111284868/5794936-durability%20185%20war%20machine%20tanks%20punch%20from%20wonder%20man.jpg

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11128/111284868/6226127-durability%20293%20tanks%20hits%20from%20mentally%20unstable%20and%20pissed%20off%20wonder%20man.jpg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ffs91 said:

@noobmaster2001:

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11128/111284868/5794936-durability%20185%20war%20machine%20tanks%20punch%20from%20wonder%20man.jpg

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11128/111284868/6226127-durability%20293%20tanks%20hits%20from%20mentally%20unstable%20and%20pissed%20off%20wonder%20man.jpg

That second link didn't load.