• 123 results
#1 Edited by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man from the Avengers movie, vs. Batman from the New 52.

One month prep, fight takes place in Gotham to help Batman out. Iron Man doesn't know much about Batman's tech since Batman's so incredibly secretive, he only knows what is publically available (even if it's hush-hush business, like his Tumbler was in the first movie). Batman on the other hand knows all about Stark Industries tech since it's a public corporation that Iron Man is publically tied to, and his suit is public information as well as some of it's more well-known capabilities such as lasers and repulsors.

Who takes the gold?

#2 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

In the Dark Knight, Bruce never showed that he could make something like the Iron Man suit. He didn't even make the Batman suit. Iron Man wins with absurd ease.

#3 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

BATMAN ALWAYS WINS

#4 Posted by NEEK_03 (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

tony takes this.

#5 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer said:

In the Dark Knight, Bruce never showed that he could make something like the Iron Man suit. He didn't even make the Batman suit. Iron Man wins with absurd ease.

#6 Edited by cooljammy18 (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie Batman hasn't shown anything in his inventory that is capable of inflicting any type of damage to Iron Man's armor. Tony's tech is too superior. The only way Bruce can win is if he gets the drop on an unsuited Tony, but since this takes place in Gotham, Iron Man would bring the fight to him and take it. Batman doesn't have any notable defenses against the suit's arsenal, and Tony could track him down easily. Prep is almost useless here.

#7 Posted by nickzambuto (14862 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has less of a chance now then he would if it was comics versions.

#8 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's switch it up then; New 52 Batman, but same rules as before. Who wins now? I think Bruce with his powered armor that he used against the Court of Owls...

#9 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

Let's switch it up then; New 52 Batman, but same rules as before. Who wins now? I think Bruce with his powered armor that he used against the Court of Owls...

BATAMAN WILLA FINDA A WAYA

#10 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Bruce's Powered Armour from that Arc is anywhere near to being in the same league as Iron Man. Also, The Iron Man suit specs are not publicly available. They went over that in Iron Man 2.

#11 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123: it was too slow, didn't show flight capacity, no offensive weaponry and it wasn't as durable as IronMan's

#12 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123: So are you changing from the Bats in Dark Knight to the new 52 version? the version in the comics was far more intelligent and creative than the movie version, however Iron Man with prep still defeats him. The suit in the movies was very impressive, Iron Man still pulls off a win.

#13 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor Bruce XD is there any way he'd ever beat Tony from The Avengers?

#14 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123: not unless the battle had several overextensive rules to weaken Tony and amp up Bats. Bats has just never needed an Iron Man suit, he doesn't fight terrorists or aliens too much, he fights street criminals. His suit is perfect for being a street-level superhero, of course his brains would allow him to go above that but I think for plot reasons Bats will never really construct and use an armored suit like Tony' (yeah insider suit but that was like 4 issues) because he is content cleaning up Gotham's crime at the street level.

With his brains, he could definitely make something like Tony's suit, but Marvel would sue the crap out of DC if they did that.

#15 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio
@minigunman123 said:

Not without a HUGE prep advantage.
#16 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@minigunman123 said:

Not without a HUGE prep advantage.

I AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeee(eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)*eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee* (splat)

#17 Edited by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

seeing as you said Gotham and haven't removed the criminals and thugs I think it is highly likely bane or poison Ivy or Joker won't take too kindly to another suited up hero patrolling the streets..not sure how much of a factor that will be..

#18 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer said:

seeing as you said Gotham and haven't removed the criminals and thugs I think it is highly likely bane or poison Ivy or Joker won't take too kindly to another suited up hero patrolling the streets..not sure how much of a factor that will be..

Not really a factor at all, my simple yet amusing friend

#19 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@troller said:

@The_Thunderer said:

Not really a factor at all, my simple yet amusing friend

Holy sh!t your post count goes up fast. No lifer much?

Anyway, Bruce fights terrorists all the time, I think alot of the villains he's faced such as the Joker or Ra's Al Ghul count as terrorists... But Tony is just different, yeah.

#20 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123: new to comics, its all very exciting atm...I meant they would attack iron man and distract him

#21 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer: I wasn't calling you a no lifer XD I was calling Troller a no-lifer lol. He's kind of fun/funny, he's like a joke on the forums as far as I can tell.

But yeah, the villains of Gotham might play a factor, as well as the other heroes; didn't consider that.

#22 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh also, how would Tony know exactly where Batman was? Wouldn't Batman get the drop on him on his home turf?

#23 Edited by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123: precisely, plus given stark is such a public figure it would be anounced so people like bane and joker get prep and that is never good for the heroes

#24 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Thunderer said:

@minigunman123: new to comics, its all very exciting atm...I meant they would attack iron man and distract him

They'd be idiots to just up and attack Iron Man...none of them are even close being in his league. 
Also, since he's there fighting Batman...most of them would be cheering for him. 
#25 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: bane with prep will hurt iron man...

#26 Posted by chucknorrisreturned (266 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman stomps

#27 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: Couldn't Batman write a program to short circuit Tony's suit, or make it malfunction in some way? Bruce is no pushover....

#28 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@chucknorrisreturned: haha when he took the JL he had way more prep and they weren't expecting it..don't use that other pics are hilarious

#29 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer: When did Batman take out the Justice League? I want to see that comic and all related comics o_o I seriously want to see that lmao.

#30 Posted by Uno_Oscuro (743 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man

#31 Edited by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Thunderer said:

@Shawnbaby: bane with prep will hurt iron man...

Bane will not hurt Iron Man. Seriously. Iron Man was going toe-to-toe with Thor. 
#32 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Iron Man considered invincible? He's not Superman or anything, is he?

#33 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: yes he will

#34 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Thunderer said:

@Shawnbaby: yes he will

No...he really won't. Bane isn't even at Spider-Man's level.
#35 Posted by Tjdes63 (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man would always win. Unless as you all said Bats gets more prep advantage. If it were comics Iron Man vs. Comics Batman Tony would destroy with the Bleeding Edge suit.It's hard to beat a suit made in the hollows of your own bones you can put on in a matter of seconds.

#36 Edited by chucknorrisreturned (266 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer said:

@chucknorrisreturned: haha when he took the JL he had way more prep and they weren't expecting it..don't use that other pics are hilarious

#37 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio
@minigunman123 said:

Why is Iron Man considered invincible? He's not Superman or anything, is he?

He's not "considered invincible". He's just at a power level far far above Bruce 
#38 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: Bane's strategy and planning puts him high, im not saying his brute strength exceeds iron man, but when you put bane in his home enivornment with his minions against iron man in a place he doesn't know against one of the greatest strategists in the DC universe iron man is gonna get hurt..

#39 Posted by Tjdes63 (82 posts) - - Show Bio

@chucknorrisreturned: And I highly doubt Batman can beat Extremis Iron Man at that. Batman's awesome. But he can't beat Iron Man.

#40 Posted by Catman9 (317 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman can't beat a sober Iron Man. Movie or comic version.

#41 Posted by chucknorrisreturned (266 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tjdes63 said:

@chucknorrisreturned: And I highly doubt Batman can beat Extremis Iron Man at that. Batman's awesome. But he can't beat Iron Man.

#42 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Thunderer said:

@Shawnbaby: Bane's strategy and planning puts him high, im not saying his brute strength exceeds iron man, but when you put bane in his home enivornment with his minions against iron man in a place he doesn't know against one of the greatest strategists in the DC universe iron man is gonna get hurt..

With maybe a few days prep you think Bane is going to beat Iron Man? You obviously know nothing at all about Iron Man.
#43 Posted by Tjdes63 (82 posts) - - Show Bio

@chucknorrisreturned: I'm obviously not stooping to your lack of comic book knowledge. You can go and be "troll" somewhere else. I wanna see how this Bane vs. Iron Man thing ends.

#44 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: that is possible, but another equally possible result is you know nothing about Bane...

#45 Posted by The Stegman (25959 posts) - - Show Bio

So, just to be clear, this is Comic (New 52) Batman vs Movie Ironman? then I say Batman.

#46 Posted by chucknorrisreturned (266 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tjdes63 said:

@chucknorrisreturned: I'm obviously not stooping to your lack of comic book knowledge. You can go and be "troll" somewhere else. I wanna see how this Bane vs. Iron Man thing ends.

I found that in google images this must mean Batman with out prep stands a chance against suited Iron Man and with prep batman wins.

#47 Posted by Tjdes63 (82 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: I haven't been reading the New 52, I read an Issue of Batman & Robin and a Static Shock issue, what's been going on?

#48 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123: I do have a life, its just locked away in my cellar (it never listens to what I have to say).

#49 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Thunderer said:

@Shawnbaby: that is possible, but another equally possible result is you know nothing about Bane...

I know he's at best a 5 tonner, I know he engineered the escape of the inmates at Arkham during Knightfall, I know he figured out who Batman was and showed up in his house when Bruce was beat to hell and broke his back. 
I also know that When Azrael put on his Batarmour...he stomped the hell out of Bane.  

If we're going by Movie Iron Man. With spare parts he created a portable Arc Reactor that could keep him alive and power a suit of armour to escape a group of terrorists armed with his own weapons. He took a cannon blast from a tank with no damage done to his armour. He out manuevered American Fighter Jets. He went toe to toe with Thor. He Blew up a giant armoured Space Whale. He piloted a Nuke into Space and destroyed an Alien War fleet.
#50 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: hahahahahahahahhahahaha you're a joke...