• 101 results
#1 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3731 posts) - - Show Bio

They all have 30 days prep. Who pulls out the Victory on this one and how?

#2 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3731 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh no takers at all?

#3 Posted by Jake Fury (18672 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd probably say Stark due to better resources.
#4 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly have no idea what Steve and Pete are supposed to do against Bruce and Tony other than wait and see who would take down whom, and then go for the spoils of victory, or something.

#5 Posted by Jake Fury (18672 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course these days Rogers basically has access to the entire United States government's resources as well.
#6 Posted by TheCrusader (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap convinces the army to nuke em once the other three gather at the battle location.
#7 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrusader said:
" Cap convinces the army to nuke em once the other three gather at the battle location. "
Iron Man can shield himself from nukes. So that will accomplish basically nothing except to possibly eliminate Stark's competition (although Hulk can survive nukes).
#8 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony has a bad habit of CIS building Hulk Busters with prep that are just going to get trashed by the Hulk. 
#9 Posted by Jake Fury (18672 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this one has way too many variables going.
#10 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" Of course these days Rogers basically has access to the entire United States government's resources as well. "
That's a good point.

Iron Man just set-up Resilient, so his resources are not as good as before, even though if he has access to his past tech, like his time machine, that can easily be remedied.

Peter has Horizon Labs, but nowhere near unlimited resources, or necessarily superior material to work with.

Bruce is probably the most adept in working with minimal resources against highly intelligent opposition, and has emerged victorious in quite a few prep wars recently.

We need more information.
#11 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hellos said:
" Tony has a bad habit of CIS building Hulk Busters with prep that are just going to get trashed by the Hulk.  "
There have only been two Hulk-busters that I know of, one of which pulled off what it was designed to do (had the upper hand against the Hulk before the battle stopped), while the other did quite well considering WWH's level of power, and had his nanites not been sabotaged by some ignorant teen, he may well had been successful.
#12 Edited by Jake Fury (18672 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_:
Did you read the latest issue of Avengers? I absolutely loved the tense showdown between Steve & Tony.
#13 Posted by _Wildcard_ (365 posts) - - Show Bio

iron man should win this. i say should because as hellos said, hulk has a habit of thrashing all of tony's hulkbuster suits. but if tony were to build the same suit he used in WWH, he should be able to take down hulk no problem. spidey's prep wouldn't help him much and all of cap's resources could be countered by starks technopathy. Tony has beaten parker before, and cap can't take tony in H2H because tony is about a hundred times stronger. maybe cap could just crash another helicarrier on tony and hope they all get crushed by it.

#14 Posted by TheCrusader (101 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" @TheCrusader said:
" Cap convinces the army to nuke em once the other three gather at the battle location. "
Iron Man can shield himself from nukes. So that will accomplish basically nothing except to possibly eliminate Stark's competition (although Hulk can survive nukes). "

Have any evidence of stark shielding himself from several consecutive nuke strikes? And Hulk may survive the initial strikes, but he will be KO'ed for sure.
#15 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" @Morpheus_: Did you read the latest issue of Avengers? I absolutely loved the tense showdown between Steve & Tony. "
I don't like the way Bendis writes Iron Man as if he remembers everything, when that is clearly not the case.
#16 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

"There have only been two Hulk-busters that I know of, one of which pulled off what it was designed to do (had the upper hand against the Hulk before the battle stopped), while the other did quite well considering WWH's level of power, and had his nanites not been sabotaged by some ignorant teen, he may well had been successful. "

Tony's brilliant, if he decides to actually go outside the box against the Hulk on this fight I honestly he could win this without too much trouble, I'm honestly just not confident in another improved Hulk buster.  
He does have that satellite in orbit still doesn't he? 

Bruce if he's actually involved in the prep and isn't trapped in Hulk form(since the OP says the Hulk has prep).

#17 Posted by _Wildcard_ (365 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrusader: whats stopping tony from hacking the nukes and preventing them from detonating? or just leaving?
#18 Posted by Jake Fury (18672 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_:
Actually I just started on Avengers with the Illuminati arc so I haven't seen his entire body of work so far on Tony.
#19 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hellos said:
"

@Morpheus_ said:

"There have only been two Hulk-busters that I know of, one of which pulled off what it was designed to do (had the upper hand against the Hulk before the battle stopped), while the other did quite well considering WWH's level of power, and had his nanites not been sabotaged by some ignorant teen, he may well had been successful. "

Tony's brilliant, if he decides to actually go outside the box against the Hulk on this fight I honestly he could win this without too much trouble, I'm honestly just not confident in another improved Hulk buster.  
He does have that satellite in orbit still doesn't he? 

Bruce if he's actually involved in the prep and isn't trapped in Hulk form(since the OP says the Hulk has prep).

"
I don't think he'd need the satellite. If it comes down to it, he can simply use his technopathy to add Steve's SHIELD to his personal collection of toys.

Bruce is quite smart, even in Hulk form these days (Green Scar levels smart). Trying to punch it out with Zeus in the most recent issue, not withstanding.
#20 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" @Morpheus_: Actually I just started on Avengers with the Illuminati arc so I haven't seen his entire body of work so far on Tony. "
He did pretty much the same thing in Avengers: Prime.
#21 Edited by _Wildcard_ (365 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: of course, by the end of avengers prime, they were walking into the sunset arm in arm lol
#22 Posted by Jake Fury (18672 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_:
Sounds like I didn't miss anyhting then.
#23 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Wildcard_ said:

" @Morpheus_: of course, by then end of avengers prime, they were walking into the sunset arm in arm lol "

I actually liked that scene, a lot, but I found the opening issue in particular to be contradictive to established continuity. 

Bendis' portrayal of Iron Man as a guy who wants to turn Noh-Varr to his personal butler in the first few issues of Avengers was rather hollow, too.

@Jake Fury said:
" @Morpheus_: Sounds like I didn't miss anyhting then. "

It wasn't a bad mini-series, but nothing ground-breaking, either.
#24 Posted by TheFlash4740 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" @Morpheus_: Did you read the latest issue of Avengers? I absolutely loved the tense showdown between Steve & Tony. "
From what Ive heard There has always been a tension between them. Civil War comes to mind.

Whats the Deal with them. Cap is my 2nd Fav hero. Broke my Heart when Iron Man Ripped him to shreds. 

Ill have to pick this issue up, Lastest Avengers you said? What issue

#25 Posted by _Wildcard_ (365 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:

Bendis' portrayal of Iron Man as a guy who wants to turn Noh-Varr to his personal butler in the first few issues of Avengers was rather hollow, too.

yeah, you're building a time machine to save the universe. not exactly the appropriate time to be an ultracapitalist. and the "buy you a pony" line was cheap.
#26 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheFlash4740: Jake was referring to Avengers # 9.

Even during Civil War, there was mutual respect between them (at least in most books, but it did depend on the writer), and prior to it they used to be best friends for years, both of them nearly dying to save the other on multiple occasions.
#27 Edited by TheFlash4740 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: Ahh. Preciate it.

But for Future Reference, didn't Steve Train Tony in H2H?
#28 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Wildcard_ said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

yeah, you're building a time machine to save the universe. not exactly the appropriate time to be an ultracapitalist. and the "buy you a pony" line was cheap. "
I hated that line, too.

The best part in all that is that Iron Man doesn't care about profit. He simply wants to better the world, and make repulsor tech cheap and energise Earth with little to no money.

Then, there is also the little detail that Tony built a time machine on his own, like, 8 years ago (in real time). Why does he need Noh for?
#29 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheFlash4740 said:
" @Morpheus_: Ahh. Preciate it.  But for Future Reference, didn't Steve Train Tony in H2H? "
Anytime, and, yes, he did.

They even fought each other hand to hand in Civil War: Casualties of War.
#30 Posted by TheFlash4740 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @TheFlash4740 said:
" @Morpheus_: Ahh. Preciate it.  But for Future Reference, didn't Steve Train Tony in H2H? "
Anytime, and, yes, he did.

They even fought each other hand to hand in Civil War: Casualties of War. "
Yea i remember Ferro Vida mentioning it to me, As i recall, Didn't Tony land some shots then Steve finished it.

#31 Posted by _Wildcard_ (365 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: well, maybe tony didn't remember how to build the time machine after his little reboot. or maybe they needed Noh because they had to view multiple timeframes. dunno. either way, i am NOT liking bendis's run at marvel. i like matt fraction much much more.
#32 Edited by Zombiehobo (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Haunted Tank.

#33 Posted by jayskee (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

1 tony 2 bruce 3 steve 4peter

#34 Posted by JediXMan (30653 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man.

#35 Posted by Nefarious (20461 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man wins.

#36 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Wildcard_ said:
" @Morpheus_: well, maybe tony didn't remember how to build the time machine after his little reboot. or maybe they needed Noh because they had to view multiple timeframes. dunno. either way, i am NOT liking bendis's run at marvel. i like matt fraction much much more. "
He's supposed to be incapable of remembering things that happened within a short time frame prior to him erasing his mind, so every memory pre-Civil War should still be accessible to him. He is also smarter than ever before, so he shouldn't need more than the raw components required to replicate his earlier feat.

Bendis had a truly epic run on Daredevil, and his Ultimate Spider-Man was also terrific, but his team books (with the exception of the first 20 issues or so of New Avengers vol. 1), and his big events have been lackluster to me, as well. On the other hand, I love Fraction's Immortal Iron Fist, and Invincible Iron Man, but not his Uncanny X-Men.

@TheFlash4740 said:
" Yea i remember Ferro Vida mentioning it to me, As i recall, Didn't Tony land some shots then Steve finished it. "
Yes, he did quite well, all things considered.
#37 Posted by idukid (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Current hulk with Banners brain. Plus isnt Banner the only one with tech that can use the Old Power?

#38 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony or Hulk but more likely Hulk will get tired and Tony will drink a pina colata in the sky while firing missiles at him, Peter, and Steve.

#39 Posted by TheCrusader (101 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Wildcard_ said:
" @TheCrusader: whats stopping tony from hacking the nukes and preventing them from detonating? or just leaving?"

Electronically shielded warhead+speed of the missiles are what will stop him from hacking them, he won't have time to defeat the shielding before the missiles are on top of him . Leaving constitutes a loss.
#40 Edited by TheRegalBeast (48 posts) - - Show Bio

One of these guys are not like the others...  Peter, Bruce, and Tony are all geniuses.   Simply put, Steve is a master tactician.  This never seems to get fleshed out enough or given enough credit.  Granted, with genius intellects those three probably have a moderate knowledge of tactics, but with Caps new position at SHIELD and the fact that Rogers is Marvels super Sun Tzu and master of the Art of War.  Cap wins this and is drinking a Manhattan, while clean up crews mop up.  (If he drank of course.)

#41 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk
#42 Edited by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk SMASH!! He gives the Avengers a hard time so this is a cake walk for him.
#43 Posted by BattleHeiz (642 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk with prep is overkill

#44 Posted by Cap_1989 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, with prep time i think it would either go to Cap or Iron man. Spiderman is not that skilled of a fighter in comparison, the Hulk isn't a thinkin in hulk form aside from WWH. Stark would make a hulk buster suit and then tear into the hulk with Cap probably backing him up. They would then team up again to make quick work of Parker, and then it'd be Cap vs Iron Man. Because they've had prep time Steve would probably have some elaborate strategy to seperate Stark from the suit, or shut it down. Especially now that he has all the resources of S.H.I.E.L.D. I've noticed alot of people fail to realize how much of a game changer being a master tactician truly is.
#45 Posted by thedarkknight0224 (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Even with Prep, it's still Hulk. If Tony wears the Hulk buster, he still isn't ready for Cap or Spidey. Spidey can't prepare for Hulk, and Cap can't really either. One by one, each of them get to close and HULK SMASHES!!!

#46 Edited by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
Iron Man for the win here... Hulk will give Tony a little trouble though
#47 Posted by Cap_1989 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony's problem with hulk is he thinks to basic "Fight fire with fire." The hulk is super strong oh i know! i'll make a huge bulky super strong suit? Cap could take the hulk on by out-maneuvering him. The hulk when angered turns into a giant strong booger, and the more angry he gets, the stronger he gets. Lets break this down shall we? When a person gets angry their heart rate begins to speed up, also the blood gets to pumping a bit faster. When someone is hit with excessive force in a pressure point it then slows that blood, thus slowing the heart-rate which is what caused people to generally "Black out" so tell me, why wouldn't the same work on the hulk? After all he is just a giant strong green guy, sure his skin is pretty tough but at the same time he still has blood, and nice big nerve clusters in that giant green body of his. Also all 3 of these people have taken the hulk down before. For someone soooo powerful and all-mighty, the hulk is kind of a push-over. In the end the two competitors are Steve, and Stark.   I will post pics related to this in a bit.
#48 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Jake Fury said:
" Of course these days Rogers basically has access to the entire United States government's resources as well. "
That's a good point.

Iron Man just set-up Resilient, so his resources are not as good as before, even though if he has access to his past tech, like his time machine, that can easily be remedied.

Peter has Horizon Labs, but nowhere near unlimited resources, or necessarily superior material to work with.

Bruce is probably the most adept in working with minimal resources against highly intelligent opposition, and has emerged victorious in quite a few prep wars recently.

We need more information.
"
I agree
#49 Posted by Cap_1989 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Cap displaying how easy it is to beat the hulk http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1024/972042841_08599d18d1_o.jpg though he is huge and strong, he still has testicles AKA Big green balls of pain if struck.

This is from Captain America : Fallen Son, i think it was issue numebr 4. It's spiderman having a flashback of Cap saving his tail from the hulk 

http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/788/788611/fallen-son-the-death-of-captain-america-20070515040332771-000.jpg It goes on to show Cap beat the hulk. 

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n266/Lopetego/capture04-7.jpg 
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n266/Lopetego/capture05-6.jpg 
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n266/Lopetego/capture06-3.jpg 
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n266/Lopetego/capture07-5.jpg and he even makes spiderman not feel so useless :-D 

Anyone still think Captain America is the underdog?
#50 Posted by crazypanda428 (13 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrusader:  hulk will get stronger because of that