#1 Edited by Valentinoomg (61 posts) - - Show Bio

616 Iron Man VS 

Spider-Man's entire rogue gallery (not people like dr doom, etc) 

Can he take it? no prep time.

#2 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12348 posts) - - Show Bio

Sandman solos. 
#3 Posted by whacknasty (5861 posts) - - Show Bio
@Valentinoomg: Hmm... What armor does Tony get? And where do they battle at?
#4 Posted by progenitor (7552 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see Iron Man taking people like Tombstone, Alistair Smythe, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Kaine.  Like the guy above said, though, this depends on if Tony's using current Bleeding Edge armor, or any other kind of armor.
#5 Edited by difficlus (10659 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Iron Man takes the cake.  
@progenitor said:

I could see Iron Man taking people like Tombstone, Alistair Smythe, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Kaine.  Like the guy above said, though, this depends on if Tony's using current Bleeding Edge armor, or any other kind of armor.
pretty much this
#6 Posted by Enzeru--defunct (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess he would lose, since Spider-Man has powerhouses like Sandman, Hydro Man, Electro and so on in his rogue-gallery. Venom and Carnage are also not jokes and I guess that they would be a pain in the ass for Iron Man. Green Goblin is also a huge threat, since it's Osborn we're talking about after all. He has his superstrenght, durability, stamina and reflexes and the gadgets.

He would probably win many 1on1's, probably even few 1onX's if the enemies aren't too powerful, but clearly lose against few of them, if they team up like the Sinister Six or something like that.
But still... Extremis Iron Man is no joke. He took the powerful, mutated Mallen rather easily out.

#7 Posted by difficlus (10659 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enzeru said:
I guess he would lose, since Spider-Man has powerhouses like Sandman, Hydro Man, Electro and so on in his rogue-gallery. Venom and Carnage are also not jokes and I guess that they would be a pain in the ass for Iron Man. Green Goblin is also a huge threat, since it's Osborn we're talking about after all. He has his superstrenght, durability, stamina and reflexes and the gadgets.  He would probably win many 1on1's, probably even few 1onX's if the enemies aren't too powerful, but clearly lose against few of them, if they team up like the Sinister Six or something like that. But still... Extremis Iron Man is no joke. He took the powerful, mutated Mallen rather easily out.
Iron Man has extremely advanced defense systems. He has information on all these guys on a database and how to defeat them (and the armor actively looks for weaknesses). Sandman, Hydro Man and electro have exploitable weaknesses and the usual CIS. Green Goblin? Right now he can't match with the bleeding edge. Stark has ridiculous reflexes and greater stamina, durability, strength  and gagdets (and he can always make more form surrounding materials and nanobots) so as to make Osborn completely outclassed. 
Carnage and Venom: Sonic attacks and fire respectively. 
#8 Edited by Fortified_Hooligan (2101 posts) - - Show Bio

Stark could probably find a way to take down any of these guys if he does a bit of prep before the fight. 

I don't think he would just walk into a giant room full of these guys and just clean house. He could run into some serious trouble. 
But if he actually preps and goes out after each guy individually, such as outfitting for fighting the symbiotes (then he wouldn't realistically even have to brawl with them) he could do it.
#9 Edited by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man's rogues win. Guys like Spot, Hydro-Man, and Sandman can mean serious business. Not to mention Mr. Negative and his henchmen who can't die.

EDIT: On a note, Dr. Octopus already defeated the Avengers and Fantastic Four at the same time if Spider-Man hadn't stepped up.

#10 Posted by ReVamp (23014 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:

Spider-Man's rogues win. Guys like Spot, Hydro-Man, and Sandman can mean serious business. Not to mention Mr. Negative and his henchmen who can't die.

EDIT: On a note, Dr. Octopus already defeated the Avengers and Fantastic Four at the same time if Spider-Man hadn't stepped up.

Yeah, I agree with this. Spot, Hydro Man and Sandman as well as Electro come to mind, and they will be difficult, specially with so many other enemies. 

On a side note, weren't you a mod?
#11 Posted by cattlebattle (14183 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus said:
@Enzeru said:
I guess he would lose, since Spider-Man has powerhouses like Sandman, Hydro Man, Electro and so on in his rogue-gallery. Venom and Carnage are also not jokes and I guess that they would be a pain in the ass for Iron Man. Green Goblin is also a huge threat, since it's Osborn we're talking about after all. He has his superstrenght, durability, stamina and reflexes and the gadgets.  He would probably win many 1on1's, probably even few 1onX's if the enemies aren't too powerful, but clearly lose against few of them, if they team up like the Sinister Six or something like that. But still... Extremis Iron Man is no joke. He took the powerful, mutated Mallen rather easily out.
Iron Man has extremely advanced defense systems. He has information on all these guys on a database and how to defeat them (and the armor actively looks for weaknesses). Sandman, Hydro Man and electro have exploitable weaknesses and the usual CIS. Green Goblin? Right now he can't match with the bleeding edge. Stark has ridiculous reflexes and greater stamina, durability, strength  and gagdets (and he can always make more form surrounding materials and nanobots) so as to make Osborn completely outclassed. Carnage and Venom: Sonic attacks and fire respectively. 
agreed, couldn't of said it better

Once again Iron Man is under rated on the battle forums

The guy has thrown punches hard enough to knock down the Hulk (non hulkbuster), Sentry who moves at Superman-like speeds has commented on how fast he moves in air, Can fire Repulsor blasts( which can injure class 100's) at the speed of thought

Iron Man would crush Spideys rouges
#12 Posted by difficlus (10659 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:
@Nobody said:

Yeah, I agree with this. Spot, Hydro Man and Sandman as well as Electro come to mind, and they will be difficult, specially with so many other enemies.   On a side note, weren't you a mod?
hmm yeah he was...guess he gave it up. 
#13 Posted by Final Arrow (24324 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nobody: I always forget about spot, but what a character...love him good call pointing him out.

#14 Posted by ReVamp (23014 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus said:
@ReVamp said:
@Nobody said:

Yeah, I agree with this. Spot, Hydro Man and Sandman as well as Electro come to mind, and they will be difficult, specially with so many other enemies.   On a side note, weren't you a mod?
hmm yeah he was...guess he gave it up. 
Can't blame him, I'd have given up a long time ago. :P
#15 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Nobody said:

Yeah, I agree with this. Spot, Hydro Man and Sandman as well as Electro come to mind, and they will be difficult, specially with so many other enemies. On a side note, weren't you a mod?

I was. I asked awhile ago to have it removed so since I wasn't around as often as I used to be. I would come on and have requests from users from weeks past which isn't fair to them. They finally got around to removing it.

#16 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

@Final Arrow said:

@Nobody: I always forget about spot, but what a character...love him good call pointing him out.

Very underrated Spider-Man villain.

#17 Posted by difficlus (10659 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fortified_Hooligan said:
Stark could probably find a way to take down any of these guys if he does a bit of prep before the fight.  I don't think he would just walk into a giant room full of these guys and just clean house. He could run into some serious trouble. But if he actually preps and goes out after each guy individually, such as outfitting for fighting the symbiotes (then he wouldn't realistically even have to brawl with them) he could do it.
You're under estimating tony's armor. he has information in his database of a large amount of the world's metahumans and he knows their weaknesses. His armor will also be looking actively for any weaknesses. Most of the guys can be one shotted by him. He doesn't have to brawl with one here. 
#18 Posted by Final Arrow (24324 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nobody: Very underused Spider-man character and often not written to the potential he could be. I would have to see more of him even in Marvel in general.

#19 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (2101 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, that's not to say that he couldn't brawl with them and take them down. I am just saying properly tuned, Stark would be sitting pretty in a lot of these match ups without even really having to get his hands dirty.
#20 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

@Final Arrow: He has been appearing a lot more now that he is the right hand of Mr. Negative.

#21 Posted by Final Arrow (24324 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nobody: When did this start, I have not read any spiderman let alone much marvel over the last year...one more day!!

#22 Posted by cattlebattle (14183 posts) - - Show Bio
Well, that's not to say that he couldn't brawl with them and take them down. I am just saying properly tuned, Stark would be sitting pretty in a lot of these match ups without even really having to get his hands dirty.
Spidey villains don't stand a chance 

Wails on Hulk

Fires Repulsors with great speed and efficiency  

#23 Posted by difficlus (10659 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait why can't Tony kill Mr Negative?

#24 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Final Arrow (24324 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nobody: I knew the dark reign stuff but thanks for letting me know looks like I am going to start reading spiderman again.

#26 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

@difficlus said:

Wait why can't Tony kill Mr Negative?

We don't know if Mr. Negative can die or not. He hasn't been seriously injured yet. His henchmen however can't die.

#27 Posted by Superskrull86 (1883 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:

Yep. This
#28 Posted by JediXMan (32260 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man cleans house. Sandman, Hydro-Man, etc. They're not threats. Tony can simply encase them in a force field, which he is fully capable of doing. Everyone else he could just blitz.

#29 Posted by ReVamp (23014 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:

@ReVamp said:

@Nobody said:

Yeah, I agree with this. Spot, Hydro Man and Sandman as well as Electro come to mind, and they will be difficult, specially with so many other enemies. On a side note, weren't you a mod?

I was. I asked awhile ago to have it removed so since I wasn't around as often as I used to be. I would come on and have requests from users from weeks past which isn't fair to them. They finally got around to removing it.

Good on you, repectable decision :D
#30 Posted by Enzeru--defunct (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Yet another underrated, and not often used villain from Spider-Mans rogue gallery is Fusion, who is actually really powerful.

#31 Posted by jojjimbo (2523 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Tony may get overwhelmed here.

#32 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enzeru said:

Yet another underrated, and not often used villain from Spider-Mans rogue gallery is Fusion, who is actually really powerful.

Fusion is cool, but for some reason I was under the impression Iron Man had a resistance to telepathy(which I believe his power falls under).

@JediXMan said:

Iron Man cleans house. Sandman, Hydro-Man, etc. They're not threats. Tony can simply encase them in a force field, which he is fully capable of doing. Everyone else he could just blitz.

I thought about the force field trick. Kinda like he did to Electro. I doubt he could contain them all and fight off the others though.

#33 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Also, Spot could free anyone Iron Man tries to contain.

#34 Posted by JediXMan (32260 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody

There are only a few that would require containment. Hydro-Man and Sandman are "immune" to physical damage. So just restraining them works best. Of course, Iron Man is probably smart enough to do what Spider-Man has done, which is use their powers against each other (water + sand = mud). There's also the fact that, if they attacked him, he could use a repulser blast to just keep them off his back.
#35 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: He could do that. I would say Electro is probably immune to the physical damage now as well since he can change into a being of pure energy and travel through power lines.

#36 Posted by JediXMan (32260 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:

Iron Man might go after him first. Tony is a better strategist than people give him credit for. He beat Kingpin at chess and put Reed Richards in checkmate four time at once (they were playing four games)
#37 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Nobody said:

Iron Man might go after him first. Tony is a better strategist than people give him credit for. He beat Kingpin at chess and put Reed Richards in checkmate four time at once (they were playing four games)

I won't deny that. Issue I have is Spot rarely comes out of his Spot Dimensions. When he was assassinating some thug, he stuck an arm or a leg out of his spot and that would be it. I'm not saying Iron Man can't beat most of his rogues one on one or even several at a time. But every rogue at the same time? It's just not going to happen. As I stated early in the thread, Doc Ock had defeated Iron Man with the Avengers and the Fantastic Four at the same time. If it wasn't for Spider-Man, he would have gotten away with it.

#38 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (2101 posts) - - Show Bio

got scans of that doc ock fight?
#39 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

got scans of that doc ock fight?

Nope. I don't have access to a scanner right now. But I'm almost positive it was Amazing Spider-Man #648. Doc Ock invade New York City with Giant Octopus robots. Hundreds of them and they were all set to self-destruct. Spider-Man was the one who figured out how to stop them. They were too much for the Avengers and the Fantastic Four to handle. He also took on Iron Man alone in Invincible Iron Man.

#40 Posted by JediXMan (32260 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:

@JediXMan said:

@Nobody said:

I won't deny that. Issue I have is Spot rarely comes out of his Spot Dimensions. When he was assassinating some thug, he stuck an arm or a leg out of his spot and that would be it. I'm not saying Iron Man can't beat most of his rogues one on one or even several at a time. But every rogue at the same time? It's just not going to happen. As I stated early in the thread, Doc Ock had defeated Iron Man with the Avengers and the Fantastic Four at the same time. If it wasn't for Spider-Man, he would have gotten away with it.

The Doc Ock fight sounds like PIS. And that isn't current Iron Man, correct? Not Extremis or Bleeding Edge.
#41 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Nobody said:

@JediXMan said:

@Nobody said:

The Doc Ock fight sounds like PIS. And that isn't current Iron Man, correct? Not Extremis or Bleeding Edge.

This fight was current Iron Man and current Doc Ock(who is more impressive the classic Ock. The second fight I mentioned in the post to Hooligan, it was also current versions of both.

#42 Posted by Morpheus_ (29909 posts) - - Show Bio
Current Iron Man was under the impression Doc Ock would blow up NYC, and had he used his repulsor energy up to a certain degree, the bomb would have automatically blew up. As a result, he created a thin layer armor with less than 1% of his overall power. 

Spot just got trashed by Daredevil. Sorry, but I'll pass.
#43 Posted by Sironspider (3 posts) - - Show Bio

it would be a tough fight

#44 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1628 posts) - - Show Bio

Bleeding edge armor could takes out most of Spidey villains in random encounter situation, considering he can go Toe to toe with Rulk without prep...as for Osborn, he'll need prep

Iron Man FTW!

#45 Posted by Stronger (5051 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man wins.

#46 Posted by guttridgeb (4881 posts) - - Show Bio

Spot and Doctor Octopus could be problematic, I'm not sure though.

#47 Posted by randyrhoades16 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Goblin/Hog Goblin=Maybe

Sandman=Probably not

Venom/Carnage=Nope, absolutely not

Not so sure about the rest though.