Iron Man vs Spider-Man (Spider-Armor Mark III)

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By blackspidey2099

Contestants:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Rounds:

1. Morals on + 1 day of prep for both

2. Morals off + 1 day of prep for both

3. Bloodlusted + 1 day of prep for both

Rules:

1. Takes place in NYC

2. Iron Man is in his Marvel NOW! armor

3. No "Spider-Sense" tricking gadget for Iron Man (IMO, it is as much PIS as Spidey beating Firelord, since IM only used it once)!

Who do you think wins?

In case you don't know, this is the official description of Spider-Man's Ends of the Earth armour:

No Caption Provided

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I love Peter and all, but he gets stomped without prep. That description of the armor forgot the parts about how it summons unicorns and allows him to turn into a dragon once per day, too.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Spidey's EotE armor was specifically designed to counter the Sinister Six, so without prep it won't be much against Tony. I certainly don't remember it giving Peter class 100 strength and nigh invulnerability though...

With prep Peter has a chance, he's out maneuvered Tony before. Without prep, his armor is just a metal coffin.

I say this as someone who has Spider-Man as his favorite character too, and I don't even like Tony.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, can't Spidey just do this to Iron Man (unless IM is a lot stronger than Juggernaut):

No Caption Provided

Instead of choking IM, Spidey can keep pounding on his arc reactor (which powers his armor) until it breaks. Especially with at least some extra strength and durability from the armor, I think he can last long enough to break open Tony's arc reactor, or maybe even pop the face mask like Thor did (with little effort, so it will take Spidey a lot of effort, but I think he can do it while being boosted with the armor).

Do you still think it is a curbstomp? If so, I can add some prep time to the OP.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Iron Man.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Tony.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: the armor did not increase The Amazing One stats in anyway other than durability

DeathSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shawnbaby

@blackspidey2099: That isn't the "official description" of the Ends of the Earth Armour. That's from a wiki.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tony_Shark

Tony hacks the armor every round.

Most people haven't read Fatal Frontier (I stopped as well), but his hacking abilities have increased exponentially.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump am I the only 1 giving Pete a majority? Tonys great with prep but Peters willpower paired with impressive prep levels out a bit

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By 106me

@supermanwithatan01: I might agree. I want to look into Peter's suit a bit more first. If it does give him class 100 strength and other increased stats, then I'm more inclined to say Spidey wins. Otherwise, Iron Man wins most of the fights.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#13  Edited By Teerack

After one more day did Tony lose the ability to counter and copy Peter's spider-sense? It's never been super clear if he did. Back when Peter's spider-sense worked on Iron Man it was a hard fight for him to win. I kind of think that just with organic webs Spider-Man would be able to pull off a win, so with the added gear of end of the earth and no organic webs I want to say Spider-Man.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@teerack said:

After one more day did Tony lose the ability to counter and copy Peter's spider-sense? It's never been super clear if he did. Back when Peter's spider-sense worked on Iron Man it was a hard fight for him to win. I kind of think that just with organic webs Spider-Man would be able to pull off a win, so with the added gear of end of the earth and no organic webs I want to say Spider-Man.

To my knowledge, the ability was only featured in Tony's Extremis armor. Using the data compiled from the Iron Spider armor, Extremis was able to not only replicate the Spider-Sense, but also disable Peter's or even transmit false warning signals. Also, one has to consider the fact that Extremis has insane reaction time, which likely factored in to the fight. I don't understand the OP's claims that it was PIS though...considering the fact that they gave an actual explanation for it and that Extremis is one of Tony's most advanced suits.

As for the debate itself: I'm inclined to give it to Stark. It's been a while since I've read Ends of the Earth, but I don't remember the armor giving him 'Class 100 strength'. Frankly unless someone can clearly show what advantages the armor actually grants Pete, Tony should take this. The only way Spider-Man stands a chance against Iron Man is with prep-time.

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey, because he's proven time and again that he's an absolute master of thinking on his feet in just about any terrain whereas while Iron Man is just as intelligent is usually more reliant on his own gadgets presumably that's what Spidey would be counting on and try to find a way to either short out Starks armour or get him to do it himself (presumably Stark would try to do the same). After that kinda gotta say it comes down to the powers and that's where Spidey has the edge.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By segamarvel
No Caption Provided

According to this the suit also gave Peter the power of Invisibility (much like his "Big Time" suit). If that's true then Tony wont be able to track him because that was the same tech that Otto used which Tony had trouble hacking. Tony said the stealth tech was revolutionary. In a way this compliment can go to Peter instead of Otto because of who it came from.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Stormdriven

Tony

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I know this ain't much and I probably wont get taken seriously for a moment but his armor really does make him fly, increase his strength and turn him invisible. I'm pretty sure the strength upgrade alone would allow Spidey to tear the armor right off Iron Man just like he did in Civil war (only in this case other people wont be wining about it possibly being PIS).

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Tony. Petes EoE armor is really cool though

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picture this happening (except imagine it with the EOE armor on). The only difference will be that Peter wearing the armor will be legitimately strong enough to pull it off.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By segamarvel

What if Spidey were to freeze Iron Man (as a distraction) then use his class 100 armored strength to rip Tony's armor apart? Sounds somewhat plausible if you think of it like that.

Didn't Spidey manage to break Carbonadium in that armor? The third strongest metal in the marvel universe and it was a foot thick while spidey had little to no leverage. Tony's armor is not as strong as that metal, nor is it anywhere near a foot thick.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What if Spidey were to freeze Iron Man (as a distraction) then use his class 100 armored strength to rip Tony's armor apart? Sounds somewhat plausible if you think of it like that.

Didn't Spidey manage to break Carbonadium in that armor? The third strongest metal in the marvel universe and it was a foot thick while spidey had little to no leverage. Tony's armor is not as strong as that metal, nor is it anywhere near a foot thick.

I think something like that is what would happen, but obviously most people thought Iron Man would win, so... whatever. :P

Also, I didn't know that the Ends of the Earth suit had repulsors and the Big Time invisibility tech - with that, I think that peter has an even greater chance of winning.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bringnit said:

I love Peter and all, but he gets stomped without prep. That description of the armor forgot the parts about how it summons unicorns and allows him to turn into a dragon once per day, too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Power ups like the Ends of the Earth armor and the Insider Suit are really lame.

But on topic, I think Tony wins.

I_NEED_A_HORSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Iron man

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone have any official records of Parker being class 100 (in that suit) yet?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me said:

Anyone have any official records of Parker being class 100 (in that suit) yet?

No. It hasn't shown up since ends of the earth. We will probably see it in spiderverse though.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Noone301994

"No "Spider-Sense" tricking gadget for Iron Man (IMHO, it is as much PIS as Spidey beating Firelord, since IM only used it once)!"

I straight up LOL'd at that bit. How is Spider-Man beating Firelord just as much PIS as... I'm not even getting into it.

Iron Man wins.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

"No "Spider-Sense" tricking gadget for Iron Man (IMHO, it is as much PIS as Spidey beating Firelord, since IM only used it once)!"

I straight up LOL'd at that bit. How is Spider-Man beating Firelord just as much PIS as... I'm not even getting into it.

Iron Man wins.

Just let it happen.

What are your thoughts on his new armor, btw? The white one coming up.....

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Noone301994

@cameron83: Lol yeah I might as well.

I'm not really sure. It looks alright I suppose. I just hope it's more powerful like bleeding-edge or extremis. Black and gold and the space armors absolutely sucked.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By segamarvel

@106me: I do remember Peter's armor being taken control of by Doc Ock and it froze spidey in place. That counts as a strength feat for the armor since it overpowered Peter's real strength which means it MUST be at least as strong as he is, which would mean he's at least twice as strong in that armor (Peter's has feats over the 50 ton range so double that with the armor makes it 100 tons)

Or the other theory is the suit did increase Spidey's strength by more then double. How else do you guys think Otto was able to hold spidey when he took control over his own suit? At the very least that shows that the suit is stronger then spidey which means it at least DOUBLES his strength if not more. He stated the suit was supposed to be strong enough to take on the Rhino but he later found that out and said that Rhino's "been working out". So from Spidey's POV he originally thought Rhino was an 80 tonner. But obviously Rhino must have been upgraded to over 100 tons (how much over 100 I don't know but it must have been a lot) So I think Spidey's suit is called class 100 because it adds his strength (class 20) to Rhino's original strength (class 80). The reason Spidey wasn't able to move Rhino was because his suits circuits were burnt out by Mysterio which severely limited its use for the rest of the arc.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By visemoon

@segamarvel: the armor did not increase Peter stats in anyway but durability

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Iron Man.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@visemoon: Then what was the point of the armor restraining him?

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@segamarvel: Armor is just that...ARMOR!!!...Metal. That's like restraining some one in a straight jacket. Doesn't mean the jacket gives the wearer Super strength

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By segamarvel

@visemoon: It kinda does when that same wearer has super strength enough to apparently snap the third strongest metal on earth in half. He said he made that armor strong enough to take on the rhino himself. He was trying to move but couldn't and needed a way to turn the suits power off. You wanna see a metal armor straight jacket? THIS was one and he still broke through it. This type of restraint for the ends of the earth armor was different though.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@segamarvel: That's not a good example. That armor was expose to extreme heat and immediately expose to extreme cold making the Armor weak and brittle.

The Armor did not increase his strength. He did not say "the armor increases his strength to take on Rhino" and he didn't say "the armor multiple his strength"

He specifically made the Armor strong enough (durability wise) to hang with Rhino. In which he was surprise when Rhino hit him, the armor didn't stand up to the attack and told Sable to watch out.

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The spider fanboy force is still stronk on this thread.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@visemoon: the handbook said it increased his strength. have you ever watched batman beyond? the suit is kinda like that. Peters suit doesn't have any metal on his arms and most of his legs. which means it must have micro circuits for strength amplification. otherwise you wouldn't even have a function that restricts movement.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@segamarvel: you made the statement that the handbook said the armor increased his strength. Now I'm asking you to provide the evidence

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@visemoon: I kinda just did. I mean it did restrain him and NOT because it was durable. that's not how armor works. if it was able to be remote controlled then that means it had a purpose other then protection. if all he wanted was protection he would just make it metallic. but since it was controlled that means it can move on it's own.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By visemoon

@segamarvel: no, so said the handbook said the armor increased Peter's strength. Provide this evidence. Forgive me if I don take your word

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@visemoon: I worded my statement wrong. It was a marvel file which I posted above. And even if those have poor reliability I'm simply asking you to use common sense on what I said earlier. If all an armor was good for was protection then it wouldn't have motors that control movement in the first place unless they were meant to help the wearer support it's own weight and more.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@segamarvel: I use what's presented in comics. The comics did NOT mention anything about increasing is strength.

This is from marvel wiki...

http://marvel.wikia.com/Spider-Armor_MK_III

Now, I personally don't go buy wiki. But the Peter did NOT display any enhance strength and the story did not say anything about enhanced strength.

What you are doing is Wishful thinking and guesstimation. That is not justifiable.