Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Martian
Iron Man

VS

Son Goku

22nd Tenkaichi Budokai has just ended and Goku has had a chance to recover. Fight takes place in Marvel's New York City.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By King_Saturn
I think Iron Man maybe able to take down this version of Goku. He has the tech and the heavy weapons to do it.
Matches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Matches
King Saturn said:
"I think Iron Man maybe able to take down this version of Goku. He has the tech and the heavy weapons to do it.
"
easily, ironman could bring the environment around son goku to complete flames and destruction, sending the sayain to the pit of a volcano.
oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By oldmagic

Actually, bullets won't work on him. Energy attack, possibly. Only strength could beat Goku 

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Lantern Prime

Unless Goku found a way to unleash his rage. But outside of that yeah hes dead.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
Matches said:
"King Saturn said:
"I think Iron Man maybe able to take down this version of Goku. He has the tech and the heavy weapons to do it.
"
easily, ironman could bring the environment around son goku to complete flames and destruction, sending the sayain to the pit of a volcano."
Iron Man would have to use energy based attacks on Goku though... and I aint too sure how well Iron Man's armor would hold up to Goku's attacks
oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By oldmagic
King Saturn said:
"Matches said:
"King Saturn said:
"
easily, ironman could bring the environment around son goku to complete flames and destruction, sending the sayain to the pit of a volcano."
Iron Man would have to use energy based attacks on Goku though... and I aint too sure how well Iron Man's armor would hold up to Goku's attacks"
the kamahamaha blew up the mountain with master roshi's attack, Goku was able to produce it to the same level. The only way he could beat him is with kamahamaha
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By Erik

Iron Man has weapons that can knock someone out without hurting them. Like his sonic wave. I give this to Iron Man.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn
oldmagic said:
"King Saturn said:
"Matches said:
"King Saturn said:
"
Iron Man would have to use energy based attacks on Goku though... and I aint too sure how well Iron Man's armor would hold up to Goku's attacks"
the kamahamaha blew up the mountain with master roshi's attack, Goku was able to produce it to the same level. The only way he could beat him is with kamahamaha"
Iron Man does have shields though. I dont see Goku winning here... but I do think he could give Tony a run
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Erik

I forgot to mention that Goku has more acute senses than a normal person so I am even more convinced now.

Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Theracles

This is almost a tie, Goku even at a young age like 12, yes he was 12 at the tournament, he is still pretty strong, I don't know though, Iron Man is a genius though, he could use his intellect to win since Goku back then was not that smart but Goku never gives up so I don't know and Goku probably has the strenght advantage. I'm not sure though.

oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By oldmagic
erik said:
"I forgot to mention that Goku has more acute senses than a normal person so I am even more convinced now."
he always had it. He could hear what Piccolo saying when he was fighting against Tien. And Krillien was like, what? what did he say?..or something like that. 
Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Theracles

This fight is probably a tie. I'm still not sure.

oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By oldmagic
Theracles said:
"

This is almost a tie, Goku even at a young age like 13, yes he was 13 at the tournament, he is still pretty strong, I don't know though, Iron Man is a genius though, he could use his intellect to win since Goku back then was not that smart but Goku never gives up so I don't know and Goku probably has the strenght advantage. I'm not sure though.

"
He moved a rock that should weigh about a ton or so at that age. He climbed the lookout tower that goes above the clouds? how many feet is that? Can anyone tell me? Bullets don't work on him and only energy attacks seem to work. Being controlled by other out-worldly forces don't work either. 
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By King_Saturn
oldmagic said:
"Theracles said:
"

This is almost a tie, Goku even at a young age like 13, yes he was 13 at the tournament, he is still pretty strong, I don't know though, Iron Man is a genius though, he could use his intellect to win since Goku back then was not that smart but Goku never gives up so I don't know and Goku probably has the strenght advantage. I'm not sure though.

"
He moved a rock that should weigh about a ton or so at that age. He climbed the lookout tower that goes above the clouds? how many feet is that? Can anyone tell me? Bullets don't work on him and only energy attacks seem to work. Being controlled by other out-worldly forces don't work either. "
Goku has 2 ton strength

Iron Man has 100 ton strength

Goku has massive Energy Blasts

Iron Man has massive Energy Blasts and High Tech

Its somewhat close... but I think Iron Man wins here in a good fight
oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By oldmagic

Obviously Goku loses. 

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Martian
Theracles said:
"

This is almost a tie, Goku even at a young age like 12, yes he was 12 at the tournament, he is still pretty strong, I don't know though, Iron Man is a genius though, he could use his intellect to win since Goku back then was not that smart but Goku never gives up so I don't know and Goku probably has the strenght advantage. I'm not sure though."

At the 22nd Goku was 15, at the 21st he said that he was 12.
Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Theracles
oldmagic said:
"Theracles said:
"

"
He moved a rock that should weigh about a ton or so at that age. He climbed the lookout tower that goes above the clouds? how many feet is that? Can anyone tell me? Bullets don't work on him and only energy attacks seem to work. Being controlled by other out-worldly forces don't work either. "
Bullets don't work, in an episode of Dragonball he was shot but wasn't even harmed. Energy attacks work but I don't Iron Man's repulsor beams will work, the only way Tony can win is with his intellect.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By King_Saturn
oldmagic said:
"Obviously Goku loses. "
Yeah Goku loses... but he will really give Iron Man a good fight here
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Martian
oldmagic said:
"Theracles said:
"

"
Actually he climbed to the moon and back once, I know this was more of a comedic but he actually did it in the manga and if you are curious that is about  225,632 miles.
Swagga Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Swagga Boy

ironman in a stomp!

oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By oldmagic
Nobody said:
"oldmagic said:
"Theracles said:
"

"
Actually he climbed to the moon and back once, I know this was more of a comedic but he actually did it in the manga and if you are curious that is about  225,632 miles."
Are you serious?! Which chapter?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Iron Man.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Erik

Iron Man.

Swagga Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Swagga Boy

what those men said!

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Martian
oldmagic said:
"Nobody said:
"oldmagic said:
"Theracles said:
"

"
Actually he climbed to the moon and back once, I know this was more of a comedic but he actually did it in the manga and if you are curious that is about  225,632 miles."
Are you serious?! Which chapter?"
I'm not sure the chapter number but it was in their first search for the Dragonballs. Goku just defeated the Rabbit Mob. He extended his Pole to the moon and climbed up with while carrying them and left there as punishment.
oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By oldmagic

lol he never climbed it. He used the pole as a way to extend himself towards the moon. He never did any climbing. The pole was doing all the work, he was just using the pole as a ride....but seeing as this is canon, Goku can breath in space no?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Martian
oldmagic said:
"lol he never climbed it. He used the pole as a way to extend himself towards the moon. He never did any climbing. The pole was doing all the work, he was just using the pole as a ride....but seeing as this is canon, Goku can breath in space no?"
Maybe he did ride it, I would have to look again. Like I said it was more of a comical thing, cause it even said they were making some mention to some Japanese tale about the Rabbit on the Moon, but in a canon comic yes he did go into space. But on that same not, so did those three humans, and later on they said Goku was not able to.
oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By oldmagic
Nobody said:
"oldmagic said:
"lol he never climbed it. He used the pole as a way to extend himself towards the moon. He never did any climbing. The pole was doing all the work, he was just using the pole as a ride....but seeing as this is canon, Goku can breath in space no?"
Maybe he did ride it, I would have to look again. Like I said it was more of a comical thing, cause it even said they were making some mention to some Japanese tale about the Rabbit on the Moon, but in a canon comic yes he did go into space. But on that same not, so did those three humans, and later on they said Goku was not able to."
loop hole. it's a contradiction. 
Swagga Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Swagga Boy

not surprising huh?

xXi0RIXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By xXi0RIXx

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
iron man cant do anything
bulets
cant hurt him........
im not sure about rockets and stuff like that
but the only thing that can hit him
is a proton cannon XD

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd8682836c93
deactivated-5fd8682836c93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron man with prep solos

Avatar image for deactivated-64cb1ea5c275c
deactivated-64cb1ea5c275c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

12 year old thread, but I'll take a shot at this.

Strength:

Goku's best striking feat up to this point is splitting a boulder in two with a single blow, which he does to confirm he's at full strength.

No Caption Provided

This is decent, but nothing Tony can't replicate or exceed in, well, most of his suits. The Extremis armour alone has some decent objective feats, to say nothing about the results you'd get from scaling.

Smashes concrete, one-shots Cage, and wrecks Crimson Dynamo

Power and Durability

In terms of ki projection, Goku doesn't yet scale to city-busting King Piccolo, since this was before drinking the water. However, he should still be above Yamcha's deflected Kamehameha.

No Caption Provided

But we also have an upper limit: Tien's Kikoho. The attack was described as far more powerful than the Kamehameha and backs it up with an enormous crater. This also doubles as a definitive limit for Goku's durability, as he states it would've killed him.

In comparison, Tony has created mini-nuclear explosions and survived energy blasts greater than nuke-level bombings.

No Caption Provided

Heck, some armours can take bombs that would 'turn the West Coast into a crater' - even being hit with a fraction of that is a great durability feat.

Tony has a massive advantage here, and it's not even close.

Speed

As far as speed goes, Goku has multiple bullet-timing feats, and should scale to FTE/bullet-timing characters like Roshi.

Tony, much like Goku, is FTE - but he also operates in milliseconds and can punch at mach 3.

Krillin and Roshi had an exchange of blows in 0.2 seconds. While that may have been a longer exchange of blows relative to them, there's an appreciable speed gap and I don't think Goku closes it by the 22nd tournament. Tony's feats are just plain better.

Moon-busting and Tao's pillar feat

The only moon-busting feat in OG DB was from Roshi, who required two boosters to get up to that level: his buff form, and the Kamehameha (which multiplies PL). And it's implied that blast would've killed Oozaru Goku.

Regular ol' Goku would've died to the Kikoho, and given his expression, most likely this missile too. He's clearly not moon-level, not until later.

And Tao's feat is travel speed, not combat.

Conclusion/TL;DR

Iron Man wins. I'd go as far as to call it a stomp.

The Extremis armour, which I consider a relatively standard suit, should take this 10/10. He outclasses Goku in basically every way, in some cases to a massive extent. In fact, most suits could beat this Goku, and things like Endo-Sym would be absolute stomps.

Yes, Goku has techniques and the Power Pole, but that's not nearly enough to close the gap. The Kikoho would've killed Goku, which is orders of magnitude weaker than stuff Tony has survived. And Tony has his own bag of tricks too.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Gaoron

@thebatmeme368: Tony does win but Goku is way faster than mach 3. Tao's feat is not travel as he had to react to the pillar and precisely jump on it, that's reaction and movement/dash speed. Goku at that point also had a feat of jumping and catching already dispatching dragon ball outspeeding it multiple times over (ball didn't move a meter while Goku easily jumped more than a dozen) and dragon balls dispatch past the horizon in split second even at 15-20m above ground making them around mach 40.

Also inb4lock

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator  Online

Even this Goku is way too fast for Iron Man and a single full power Kamehameha would end him tbh.

Inb4lock.

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FunkyNamu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even Kid Goku can beat Iron Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just wanted to show this and leave it here about goku

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

wow so impressive right?

FunkyNamu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By FunkyNamu

@ffs91:

That's a filler episode Dawg

Not that I care

Goku not even my Top 100 favorite character

Just telling it how it is

That man will give Tony a wedgie inside of his suit

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 takenstew22  Moderator  Online
takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 takenstew22  Moderator  Online

@gaoron: Why do you think Tony wins?

FunkyNamu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FunkyNamu

@ffs91:

That just mean his laser more potent and powerful then Iron Man

Not that I care

FunkyNamu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FunkyNamu

Maaaan...this man, Kid Goku could liteeeerally hang this man Tony upside down from tree and give him infinite wedgies

And steal his lunch money while he at it

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: My knowledge about IM is minimal but can't he both tank and dish out nuclear level attacks even in his basic armor? Goku while multiple times faster isn't quite up there at this level until KP comes into play and he shouldn't scale to Buff Roshi's feats because buff form has unknown multiplier and power level.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Gaoron

@ffs91: Why so salty? :/ I undestand Iron Man might be one of your favs but those threads are mainly made for fun, no need for anger and frustration.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron: Salty how?

@takenstew22 that stuff that hit iron man would destroy goku

@funkynamu nope, that laser is fodder to iron man

Also Lol at kid goku beating IM

Goku is to weak to slow, he's fodder to iron man