FiMFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FiMFTW

Non-jobbing SentryBuster wins.

Jobbing Stark like the dumbass he is would probably try and make a suit to engage him in H2H and get manhandled.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Sentry because he's way stronger than Iron Man and he doesn't have a weakness. In this battle that is, his instability has always been his weakness

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dondave

Iron Man could probably come up with a Sentry Buster armour, but Sentry ftw

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

bump

henrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sentry ,

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@dondave said:

Iron Man could probably come up with a Sentry Buster armour, but Sentry ftw

this

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry should win but Iron Man has a good chance.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Iron Man needed more then two weeks to figure out how to take down World War Hulk whom has a more generic powerset it also took him most of his life to figure out how to make a suit that was dynamic enough to allow him to reach speeds of Mach 8 (Sentry is far faster than that) so i'm doubting he'll have a way of taking down Sentry in two weeks.

Avatar image for swordandshields
SwordandShields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 years of prep should suffice.

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shavo

they fought before sentry was beating on tony until sentry busted out and started crying...

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xxxddd

@fimftw said:

Non-jobbing SentryBuster wins.

Jobbing Stark like the dumbass he is would probably try and make a suit to engage him in H2H and get manhandled.

World War Hulk's PIS fest is irrelevant here.

@vance_astro said:

Iron Man needed more then two weeks to figure out how to take down World War Hulk whom has a more generic powerset

Are you referring to the "World War Hulk" story arc or another story? Because that story is inane because

1. Tony has already made a suit which was capable of fighting Classic Savage Hulk to a standstill and

2. He has a nanomite substance that if sprayed on any of his armors, will render it indestructible.

Neither of which contingencies occurred to him despite him being in a situation where the contingencies he created were created to be used in that exactsituation.

@vance_astro said:

it also took him most of his life to figure out how to make a suit that was dynamic enough to allow him to reach speeds of Mach 8

Tony built the Hyper-velocity Armor(which allows him to think at a different time frame) and the Bleeding Edge Armor(which allows him to react to missiles and harm the Red Hulk), neither of which took a lifetime to build.

@kingjames447 said:

they fought before sentry was beating on tony until sentry busted out and started crying...

Tony didn't have prep in that battle.

@vance_astro said:

Sentry is far faster than that

If Tony can build a suit capable of shattering a cosmic entity into five pieces,then he isn't going to have a problem overcoming Sentry's speed.

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxxddd: yea...sentry still wins this

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think two weeks would be enough for Tony, nabby a year but not two weeks.

Sentry would stomp.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@xxxddd said:

World War Hulk's PIS fest is irrelevant here.

So is mostly every story involving the Sentry but I'm sure those will be brought up here.

@xxxddd said:

@vance_astro said:

Iron Man needed more then two weeks to figure out how to take down World War Hulk whom has a more generic powerset

Are you referring to the "World War Hulk" story arc or another story? Because that story is inane because

1. Tony has already made a suit which was capable of fighting Classic Savage Hulk to a standstill and

2. He has a nanomite substance that if sprayed on any of his armors, will render it indestructible.

Neither of which contingencies occurred to him despite him being in a situation where the contingencies he created were created to be used in that exactsituation.

Savage Hulk and World War Hulk are two completely different animals. Sentry could easily beat Savage Hulk by way of energy projection. He gave Hulk his best in World War Hulk and he made Hulk revert back to Banner but he turned back into the Hulk within minutes.

I don't recall Iron Man ever have an a COMPLETELY indestructible armor.

@xxxddd said:

Tony built the Hyper-velocity Armor(which allows him to think at a different time frame) and the Bleeding Edge Armor(which allows him to react to missiles and harm the Red Hulk), neither of which took a lifetime to build.

Did you read Extremis? At the time when World War Hulk happened that was his best armor to date. It was also his fastest armor at that point. The make the point about how slow his armors are when Mallen stomps him in the Pentagon Armor. Once he can use the Extremis, Mallen isn't can barely even register his movements. If he was capable at that point of making the Bleeding Edge armor, he would have never made Extremis in the first place.

@xxxddd said:

If Tony can build a suit capable of shattering a cosmic entity into five pieces,then he isn't going to have a problem overcoming Sentry's speed.

I don't think these two things coincide.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry should take this.

World War Hulk is, if anything, a good example of Sentry's ability. The guy was trying to take hits from the Hulk, because he was enjoying it. Which also means he was incredibly unstable. However, he MATCHED the Hulk in strength, and was able to blitz him a couple times over. This is something the Hulk Buster Armor Tony created couldn't even do. So in terms of Strength, this easily goes to Sentry, as well as Durability.

Also in World War Hulk, he took out that entire section of that arena, and was incinerating city blocks with pretty much his presence. So in terms of energy projection, I would say Sentry should take this.

In terms of speed, he collected, reshaped, and placed enough I-Beams on a buliding to support it's weight in the time it takes to complete a sentence. He also flew halfway around the world the moment he was called. So in terms of hearing and speed, I would also give that to Sentry.

Almost every advantage is in Sentry's corner, I don't see how Tony would take this tbh.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Does Tony still possess one of the Infinity Gems?

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jashro44

Didn't iron man beat sentry all ready by out smarting him? I haven't read or even seen the scans but I heard sentry was manhandling him physically and then Tony outsmarted him and won? Someone please correct me if I am misinformed.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Tony still possess one of the Infinity Gems?

I haven't read new avengers #3 because my comic store messed up but I saw a scan from that issue and based off of that he doesn't anymore

Cap used the infinity gauntlet to stop an incursion (collision of 2 universes) and the infinity gems shattered.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By slimj87d

I think he could if he makes a vibranium/adamantium armor and he uses the Asgardian Crystal he used against Thor.

Pretty much he would have to ask Black Panther for help and if Thor still has that crystal.

Extrimis + Adamantium/Vibranium/Carbonadium + Asgardian Crystal

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Malevolent1

@xxxddd: this is a major league curb stomp. Iron Man might pull some techie shenanigans...in the end, TS gets killed here.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savage Hulk and World War Hulk are two completely different animals. Sentry could easily beat Savage Hulk by way of energy projection. He gave Hulk his best in World War Hulk and he made Hulk revert back to Banner but he turned back into the Hulk within minutes.

All I'm saying is that Tony has proven that with enough time, he can build a suit which is durable enough to withstand his opponent's attack. Which is what my point about building a suit to shatter the Phoenix Force is about.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 vance_astro  Moderator

@xxxddd said:

@vance_astro said:

All I'm saying is that Tony has proven that with enough time, he can build a suit which is durable enough to withstand his opponent's attack. Which is what my point about building a suit to shatter the Phoenix Force is about.

But he doesn't have enough time, which was MY point.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 vance_astro  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

Didn't iron man beat sentry all ready by out smarting him? I haven't read or even seen the scans but I heard sentry was manhandling him physically and then Tony outsmarted him and won? Someone please correct me if I am misinformed.

I don't remember the physical manhandling or the circumstances of the fight but Tony did beat Sentry by outsmarting him. He made Sentry think there were thousands of people in danger while he was wasting his time with something else. Sentry broke down, Tony escapes.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 vance_astro  Moderator

@xxxddd said:

@vance_astro: Four months of prep, then. And win is by K.O.

Adding more time doesn't make it fairer it just makes a way for Iron Man to win.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry destroys Iron Man.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

@jashro44: Four months prep now! Iron Man wins!

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

Prepped up Iron Man wins. He'll find someway to defeat Sentry and invent a weaponry to do so.

Without, Iron Man with his new suit might have a chance.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Malevolent1

Prepped up Iron Man wins. He'll find someway to defeat Sentry and invent a weaponry to do so.

Without, Iron Man with his new suit might have a chance.

Hmmm...not so sure. Morgan LeFay time BFR'd Robert, from which he came back. Owen Reese deatomized him; he proceeded to reintegrate himself. He has literally taken out Terrax one handed, burst through 9 walls of steel lined adamantium walls (at the Raft, when he was in prison). Dude even tore through Dr Strange's auto shields. And as already mentioned, matched an insanely pissed off Hulk in H2H combat.

Not sure how Tony, even two months of prep tops any of those things.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#39 JediXMan  Moderator

Tony wins with prep.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers