Win by death

No prep

Morals off

Iron Man in Bleeding Edge

Fight takes place in New York

Who wins?

#2 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahem.

Zebes (or Zebeth if you're stuck in the 80s) has a mass of 4.4 trillion teratons, compare to the Earth's 5.79 trillion *giga*tons, giving Samus' second home world a mass over eight hundred and fifty times greater than Earth's. Zebes also has a diameter slightly smaller than Earth at about equal to the diameter of Venus, meaning that Samus as a young girl was engineered to have a body that could function at a superhuman level under gravitational conditions nearly a thousand times that of earth.

This means she's already at class one hundred strength outside of her armor, meaning she could rip Chief in half bare handed and get into a good slugfest with Rhodes and more than hold her own.

However then comes her armor, whose basic rapid fire weapons output energy in the terawatt/joule rating, meaning she is putting out as much energy as a kiloton level nuclear weapon focused into a bolt about the size of your fist. Other weapons include an automatic nuclear mortar, bolts of plasma frozen to near absolute zero, and chunks of superheated magma hotter than stars. In other words, getting into a firefight with her would be like getting in a shoot out, but the other guy has nuclear HEAT warhead guns and armor impervious to all conventional weapons.

Her visor is an underrated but critical part of her arsenal, providing her with multiple types of vision, including allowing her to see into other dimensions (And somehow interact with them), track teleporters, and her scanner allows her to determine the strengths and weaknesses of a foe within seconds of the scan initiating. Chief will be one shotted so he won't even be registered by her, but War Machine can actually put up something of a fight, however that chance goes down once she finds out all there is to know about Rhodes' combat ability.

Samus' suit has also been attacked by hacking attempts but has always thrown them off. Even the Rezbits, guardian robots made by technological peers of the Chozo who fashioned her armor, can't do any more to her suit than what a simple reboot which takes mere seconds to complete can't undo. Additionally, as of the terrible game from 2010 that makes me rage every time I think about it, she also has precognitive abilities akin to the spider sense and definitively has the reflexes to act on them.

Other modes include pseudo-flight by infinitely jumping on mid air while surrounding herself in a lethal energy field for the screw attack, running forward before massively accelerating and encasing herself in a lethal energy field for the speed booster, her ability to change into the morph ball with it's own tricks and weapons like the power bomb and boost ball, her grappling beam that can also drain energy from targeted systems or send energy from her shields until the target overloads or simply rip off what she's grappling with a tug, and other features.

With her various suits stacked up, her damage resistance would be rather absurd, and she would also be able to enter hypermode, boosting her traits across the board and massively increasing the damage output of her weapons while also making her impervious to non-phazon based weapons. It does take an energy tank when all is said and done, but given her durability that won't be a problem.

She also has various somewhat insane missile combos including the Sunburst, which lobs a miniature star that promptly explodes in your face, the Darkburst, which lobs a miniature black hole that expands in your face and sucks you into oblivion to be torn apart, and the Sonic Boom which fires a combination of matter-antimatter and dark/light energy that literally shatters reality at the point of impact and has an instantaneous traverse time.

She's also a crack marksman aided by her suit's very useful lock-on feature that makes life even more difficult for a moving target while she guns it down, and has demonstrated a keen intellect that has a firm grasp on science, a very high level knowledge of engineering (she designs all of her own ships), combat, and is very skilled at problem solving. So she's not only the strongest fighter here, but quite likely the smartest too.

Jango fett and Chief are equally useless for their teams, and Samus beats Rhodes after an intense, but ultimately one sided fight.

So Kharne is a complete nonfactor and Samus and Tony stalemate as they always have, and then have sex until Samus has little blond tech genius chozo gene-enhanced babies.

#3 Posted by Doomnaut (1993 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#4 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 @strider92 @chaos_prime

I may have missed something about Kharne so I want to be sure before I dismiss him as someone Samus kills in a single punch man of steel style.

#5 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity said:

I may have missed something about Kharne so I want to be sure before I dismiss him as someone Samus kills in a single punch man of steel style.

Well... your forget a few thing here.

• Kharn has insane faster reflex and speed to either character for starters. Basic Space Marines can see Mach 2 Bolts travel in the air. Kharn is faster than them as he blitzes Space Marines with ease as well Eldar who are faster than the human eye can see.
  • Has Organs that can survive any environment and even the Vacuum of space with no armor.
  • Healing Factor that can seal any wound in seconds. Also ignores all pain.
  • Plasma Weapons of Kharn does burn at the temperature of the core of a sun. 27,000 degrees. Feats for either tanking that kind of fire?
  • Kharn may not be strong but is insane durable. He took a beating from Angron who lifts up to the 1000 ton mark with no lasting damage. Kharn Chaos Armour also can tank said Plasma shots which are more powerful than Iron Man Repulsars.
  • Dark Glory is a energy field that deflects attacks for no rhyme or reason in the same way as Luck Powers defy logic.
  • Kharn has a Power Weapon that is possessed by a Deamon. It can cut on the Molecule Level as well devour the soul of whatever he attacks!
  • Kharn does have a 8,000 year record of not dying in the worst warzones and beating world wrecking deamons time and again as well Alpha Psykers who would easily force Samus or Iron Man in unatural sex (Slannesh, he is a perv).

So umm... yeah... non factor my @$$.

#6 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

Well... your forget a few thing here.

• Kharn has insane faster reflex and speed to either character for starters. Basic Space Marines can see Mach 2 Bolts travel in the air. Kharn is faster than them as he blitzes Space Marines with ease as well Eldar who are faster than the human eye can see.
  • Plasma Weapons of Kharn does burn at the temperature of the core of a sun. 27,000 degrees. Feats for either tanking that kind of fire?
  • Kharn may not be strong but is insane durable. He took a beating from Angron who lifts up to the 1000 ton mark with no lasting damage. Kharn Chaos Armour also can tank said Plasma shots which are more powerful than Iron Man Repulsars.
  • Dark Glory is a energy field that deflects attacks for no rhyme or reason in the same way as Luck Powers defy logic.
  • Kharn has a Power Weapon that is possessed by a Deamon. It can cut on the Molecule Level as well devour the soul of whatever he attacks!
  • Kharn does have a 8,000 year record of not dying in the worst warzones and beating world wrecking deamons time and again as well Alpha Psykers who would easily force Samus or Iron Man in unatural sex (Slannesh, he is a perv).

So umm... yeah... non factor my @$$.

Samus relies on a shield for protection, the durability of her armor itself has never been tested, and some question if the suit actually is metal beneath the shielding instead of a hard light construct.

Samus can withstand the firepower of her fellow hunters and bosses extremely well, even though they do get into the aforementioned terawatt range, and Quadraxis notably fires matter-antimatter separated by a mixture of dark and light energy at her, which doesn't deal all that much damage to her shielding despite a similar weapon, the Night Shroud bomber's phase shifted anti-matter slivers, being considered pretty devastating in 40k.

Samus is also not exactly a normal human, she's augmented by Chozo genetics to survive on Zebes outside of special environmental areas, which is also why she doesn't get squashed like a pancake under nearly a thousand times the Earth's gravity outside of her suit on Zebes and why she can inhale the atmosphere of a Gas Giant whose atmosphere is not only not breathable to humans, but actively toxic, without any issues.

In Metroid Fusion she gets metroid genetics which primarily served to make her impervious to the X-parasite and allow her to consume them by devouring their life essence at the cellular level.

While she hasn't shown much in the melee department, at the young age of thirteen when she decked a Robot whose type is impervious to her terajoule+ outputting missiles and gun fire, she hit it so hard it folded up like an accordion. Granted she was in her suit for this, but it's still rather impressive.

Samus Aran also is noted to have an Iron Will, her suit is maintained through concentration and willpower and it disappates if you have less than utter focus, on the flipside by refocusing Chozo armor regenerates it's shielding. Normal humans cannot operate the suit because they lack the willpower to do so, Samus gets by because she's avenging her double orphaning, once when the Space Pirates razed her homeworld and Ridley ate her parents in front of her when she was three, and twice when the Space Pirates lead by Ridley killed or drove off the last remaining Chozo who raised her like their own.

She also keeps on going without even pausing despite her life sucking. She has pretty much no friends because they all die around her, she has no love life period (presumably because they all die after the first date), all her family is dead, she was raised by an alien culture and doesn't integrate well with people, and she's devoted her life to the genocide of the Space Pirate race. Down to the last egg.

That being said with all her anger, rage, and genocidal hatred of the space pirates she'd make a lovely Khornate.

#7 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: So in the end nothing really puts her above Kahrn in any way. So he is not a non factor after all.

#8 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: So in the end nothing really puts her above Kahrn in any way. So he is not a non factor after all.

Except the class hundred ton+ and kiloton bomb level guns.

Oh and the invulnerable death fields two of her movement modes put her in.

And her scan telling her pretty much everything combat-useful about someone.

He'd have a hard time hacking through the shielding she has, which is double layered, one is standard hit points, the other is a damage reduction system. She gets pretty absurdly tanky come end game.

#9 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

He'd have a hard time hacking through the shielding she has, which is double layered, one is standard hit points, the other is a damage reduction system. She gets pretty absurdly tanky come end game.

Kharns Space Marine Helmets does the same with Scanning. The Dark Glory will repel a Nuke if the Chaos God Khorn wants it too.

Show me her Shield tanking Molecule Cutting Magic Weapon. Feats? None?!

Nothing your saying makes Kharn a complete non factor. Nice try trying to make him one though.

Would he likely win this? Probaly not, however the point is he has the means.

#10 Edited by Dredeuced (5548 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

@cadencev2 said:

Kharns Space Marine Helmets does the same with Scanning. The Dark Glory will repel a Nuke if the Chaos God Khorn wants it too.

I mean if Khorne gets involved in the fight then it's irrelevant, he's quite a bit more powerful than everyone here. I don't think it would be conscionable to allow a galaxy level godlike being to interfere and decide whether or not Samus gets to hurt Kharn..

#11 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

Show me her Shield tanking Molecule Cutting Magic Weapon. Feats? None?!

Nothing your saying makes Kharn a complete non factor. Nice try trying to make him one though.

Would he likely win this? Probaly not, however the point is he has the means.

Given that only two things have ever penetrated through Samus' shielding in the 26 year long history of the series (one being Dark Samus' phazon corruption blast, and Phazon is the essence of a planet sized sapient transdimensional eldritch abomination and the X-parasites who are able to go against the laws of physics whenever they feel like it, to the point of simply phasing through energy or matter barriers), I'd say Kharn isn't likely to be among those.

I will admit that Kharn may fare better than I initially thought, but he's unlikely to prevail against the last daughter of K-2L. Although given that Kharn radiates Khornate essence to a greater degree than most Daemons, his presence may start off Samus' corruption into the service of Khorne, Samus already is everything Khorne wants in someone, Angry, Hateful, Honorable (in a sense), and a powerful warrior with a Spartan life style and consistently denies themselves pleasure to further combat related goals.

If Kharn can play keep away he may end up converting Samus by just being there. Chaos being able to corrupt those who just look at it's Icons and all that.

#12 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity:

As I said, Kharn is simply not a non factor. His chances are slim at a win on average performance. However High Ends all the way he can take wins.

I mean if Khorne gets involved in the fight then it's irrelevant, he's quite a bit more powerful than everyone here. I don't think it would be conscionable to allow a galaxy level godlike being to interfere and decide whether or not Samus gets to hurt Kharn..

You can say the same for Dr. Strange. He has no real power, he summons the power of others. So in that point your argument cannot take Khorn away when Khorn is always involved in Kharns feats, Abilities, and Powers.

His very weapon is a interaction of Khorn behalf!

Collar of Khorn, Talisman of Blood, Rage of Khorn is all directly link to Kharns connection to the Blood Gods power!

Kharn cannot die becuase Khorn does not allow him too.

Aura of Dark Glory and Sigil of Corruption is directly responsible because of Khorn.

Kharn also has a Icon to summon Daemons if he wishes it!

Summon Daemons is not uncommon and happens alot in 40K

These are all Deamons Kharn can bring to the battlefield if Khorn desires a true win for his mortal Emissary!

Also Khorn is a very sore loser. I have read 1 novel where he has his Daemon Prince drown a world in boiling blood in the book Daemon World. Then there is another Short Story in the Daemon Codex where he does this again when his Champions fell!

In a debate you cannot take away Khorns patronage anymore than take away Zarathos from Johnny Blaze, or Nabu from Fate, or Vishanti from Strange.

Khorn comes along with his favored Champion. Period.

Now how much will he react to Kharns battle? Not much, however he has never let Kharn die and brought him back twice to life in the Horus Heresy material from death. So Kharn is also Immortal in every sense of the word, still can be KOed.

#13 Edited by Dredeuced (5548 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: I understand how Khornate powers work and that they have unholy relics and powers and stuff, but you worded it like Khorne was gonna come into the fight and put his hand around Kharn so he doesn't get hurt from a nuke, which ain't how Khorne operates(He likes it when his guys die, and brings em back when they do a good enough job). I'm not taking away his patronage, I just doubt he's going to step in and decide the fight because Chaos gods rarely if ever do that.

There was no need to respond by just slamming the thread with so many images.

#14 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: I understand how Khornate powers work and that they have unholy relics and powers and stuff, but you worded it like Khorne was gonna come into the fight and put his hand around Kharn so he doesn't get hurt from a nuke, which ain't how Khorne operates(He likes it when his guys die, and brings em back when they do a good enough job). I'm not taking away his patronage, I just doubt he's going to step in and decide the fight because Chaos gods rarely if ever do that.

There was no need to respond by just slamming the thread with so many images.

They as themsleves rarely if ever do. Thus why I think (and it has happen 5 times in novels) if Khorn wanted to really help Kharn, he can send Kharn Deamons through the Warp that is Kharns Mark of Khorn Icon. Also Khorn brought Kharn back from death twice and as said no weapon or blade has ever felled Kharn again. Dark Glory is Khorn protecting Kharn fluff wise.

Kharn kills near 5000 enemies in one battle. These are Slaanesh Cultist mix with Chaos Marines. Kharn tanks and out powers Lash of Torment that disables anything it hits with Magic Rapturous Pain! Kharn takes Power Weapon blows with no lasting damage. Kharn out does a world contriving Keeper of Secrets (Greater Daemon) voice power.

Khorn favorite champion is indeed protected to a larger degree than what your giving credit for and is indeed super natural powers as a direct result of his patronage.

Anyway like I said Kharn can easy have Plot Device ability here if we go all out in feats.

#15 Edited by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity Sorry dont know that much about Samus :(

& CadenceV2 as per norm has covered near enough all on Kharn.

I feel tho Stark if he keeps his range he will be a problem here but if Samus shield is that powerful then even Stark would have a problem dealing with her imo.

#16 Posted by Doomnaut (1993 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Silverrings (2062 posts) - - Show Bio

Um, isn't the Bleeding Edge armor capable of destroying, like, countries, or something ridiculous? I'm sure i was told that once...

#18 Edited by Superbot400 (420 posts) - - Show Bio

@silverrings said:

Um, isn't the Bleeding Edge armor capable of destroying, like, countries, or something ridiculous? I'm sure i was told that once...

No, Iron Man has been stated to be able to destroy a city in his high end showings.