#1 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

So my boyfriend and his best friend were discussing about it, both talking about the cinematic versions: Iron Man with the suit he used on The Avengers and movie version of Optimus Prime.

My Boyfriend said Optimus would end being a pile of metal, his friend said Iron Man would end toasted. I said Batman would win (as an obvious joke, Bat-fangirls ftw) We laughed a lot but didn't finished the discussion.

So Who would win? and could you explain why or how?

#2 Posted by Mirabel (1087 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this a random encounter at ground level? And what equipment does Optimus have? And is Optimus pissed at Tony? Because bayformers Optimus is freaking terrifying when enraged.

#3 Posted by Quartermaim (617 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie versions taken:

Prime would have problem with hitting Iron Man. He fast but small compared to him.

Iron Man wouldn't have the same problem but I don't beleive all of his weapons would work on prime.

If Prime got a solid hit in with his axe Iron Man would be cut in half. I woudl say Prime would get pretty jacked but Prime would take this.

#4 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Quartermaim said:

Movie versions taken:

Prime would have problem with hitting Iron Man. He fast but small compared to him.

Iron Man wouldn't have the same problem but I don't beleive all of his weapons would work on prime.

If Prime got a solid hit in with his axe Iron Man would be cut in half. I woudl say Prime would get pretty jacked but Prime would take this.

Maybe all of them wouldn't but that laser he used seemed to be pretty powerful, I could see that scoring a critical hit on OP.

#5 Posted by beautifulrevery (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm feeling like Starks one shot Laser thing in Iron Man 2 could probably take out at least a limb from Optimus. Stark is so small that he can take out his eyes as well fairly easily. I'm gonna give it to Stark through incapacitation 6/10 times.

#6 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Red-Laser-Cut-Through-Anything-Thingy. /thread

#7 Posted by Pokeysteve (8558 posts) - - Show Bio

This is an interesting battle.

They are both tech based and could probably scan each other.

Optimus isn't as slow as people are thinking and Tony isn't that maneuverable within the close quarters it would take to actually damage Optimus.

There's a chance, through Tony's scan, he could find a way to shut him down or find critical spots to direct his attacks.

There's also a chance Optimus could grab and just break him in half lol

Good battle!

#8 Posted by terry2012 (5783 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironman wins. All he have to do is aim for the center of Optimus Prime cest and it over.

Optimus Prime had his arm torn off pretty ease if you ask.

And they cannot take to much damage.

Does Optimus Prime get his jets?

#9 Posted by Quartermaim (617 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I hate to admit it the Armored Alcoholic has the advantage over Robo-Jesus here.

#10 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve said:

This is an interesting battle.

They are both tech based and could probably scan each other.

Optimus isn't as slow as people are thinking and Tony isn't that maneuverable within the close quarters it would take to actually damage Optimus.

There's a chance, through Tony's scan, he could find a way to shut him down or find critical spots to direct his attacks.

There's also a chance Optimus could grab and just break him in half lol

Good battle!

Yeah, sounds like a tricky battle for both :P

#11 Posted by MonsterStomp (19880 posts) - - Show Bio

The real question is, can Ironman defeat the Fallen?

#12 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

O3O Good question

#13 Posted by Tony_Shark (484 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man wins. I think this has been done before too.

The main argument was that the military was able to harm the transformers after acquiring intel on them.

Stark is more advanced than anything the military packs.

He is also faster, and times it seems that he's shown to be more durable than SOME transformers.

I go with Stark 8/10

#14 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Stark would win,

#15 Posted by Bo88gdan (4531 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man

#16 Posted by logy5000 (6099 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark 7 Iron Man wins this.

#17 Posted by logy5000 (6099 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

In Mark 7 armor, maybe. Those mini-missiles and the red wrist lasers and his repulsors would overwhelm Fallen IMO, since Optimus had almost no difficulty with him, & was able to punch right through him.

#18 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

The amped version of Optimus prime wins this (he took the fallen and megatron simultaneously and defeated them) , IM wins against basic optimus prime IMO

#19 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Transform and Roll OUT!!

Stark though.

#20 Posted by MonsterStomp (19880 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

@MonsterStomp said:

In Mark 7 armor, maybe. Those mini-missiles and the red wrist lasers and his repulsors would overwhelm Fallen IMO, since Optimus had almost no difficulty with him, & was able to punch right through him.

The Fallen could practically teleport. What about Megatron with his energy blasts that cut through Sentinal like nothing?

#21 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

Stark will win maybe, but if optimus used some of his proper transformer weaponry he will one shot him.

#22 Posted by hulkbuster94 (634 posts) - - Show Bio

iron man wins due to having a host of diffrent weapons and having armour for almost every kind of fight i mean he is played by the best actor robert downey jr so yeah stomp in favour of iron man :) sorry i think rdj is badass as iron man so he wins xD

#23 Edited by _The_Ant_ (460 posts) - - Show Bio

In melee? Iron-man dies horribly. Optimus is crazily skilled in close quarters, I'd say that on a purely skill basis, Optimus is the most dangerous movie superhero out there, and his energon charged weapons should cut through Stark's armor easily. At range, Optimus is at a disadvantage, and while he does have bigger guns, Iron man is much more nimble, though Optimus could maneuver through the city of chicago with ease with his flight pack.

#24 Edited by SHAZAM117 (3604 posts) - - Show Bio

^^^I agree. Stark would want to keep his distance from Optimus. I'm assuming this is regular Prime without his trailer of weapons and Jetfire gear. I do think if Optimus lands a good shot on Stark he could potentially one-shot him. From a distance Iron Man should be able to dodge Primes projectiles and pick him apart with his weapon systems. I'm just wondering if it will be enough before Optimus can close the distance tho....again depending on which version of Prime we're talking about here.