well namor has a good adavantage.

the human blur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By the human blur

who would win the match it's around the coast line of california?

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sling Shot

Namor would win after a long exhaustive battle where Namor unleashes the fury Iron Man responds in kind they both catch their breath Iron Man breaks out his contingency plan and Namor gets real mad takes a dip and unloads on Iron Man relentlessly, defeating the puny landwalker and destroying his tinfoil suit.

Avatar image for heart_of_infinity
Heart of Infinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Heart of Infinity

"your weapons haven't worked on me in the past and they will not now"

Tin cans only hope is to some how keep Namor off land for a long while diminishing his powers

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the creator

Ironman should win. He is at least as strong as Namor (on land) (Namor 85 tonnes, Iron man 90+ tonnes).

Ironman is more durable.

Ironman flies faster, has a weapons array that includes lasers that can cut Namor, heat rays that can dehydrate him, sonics that can stun him etc.

I agree that if Namor gets Ironman in to a large body of water then it could go the other way but I doubt Ironman would fall for that.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell

He'd be dead if Dr.Strange hadn't saved his ass.

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Walkingstone

And there I was about to make the same argument :D Namor wins, all he has to do is get Iron Man's helmet off and Tony will drown. If there's no one out there to save him, Tony hasn't a chance

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'm willing to bet even on land Namor kicks his ass. Those blasts don't seem to have any effect on him what so ever.
Post Edited:2007-09-13 02:49:04

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the creator

King of Kings says:

"I'm willing to bet even on land Namor kicks his ass. Those blasts don't seem to have any effect on him what so ever.
Post Edited:2007-09-13 02:49:04"

That's one writers interpretation. Take the longer view and look at more of their appearances.

Ironmans repulsors have staggered people as powerful as Namor before.

His helmet is not that easy to remove or others in the past would have so easily done so.

Ironman has sensors that should easily reveal and thus prevent Namor blindsiding him as shown.

And the simple fact - Tony would not go in the water after Namor. Maybe if he was angry (perhaps as above) but he knows that Namor is at his most powewrful in the water so don't fight to his strengths - fight to his weaknesses - a simply rule of war.

What if the fight conviently occured 50 miles from a body of water - would that be a different story ?

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Walkingstone

The_Creator says:

"What if the fight conviently occured 50 miles from a body of water - would that be a different story ?"

Ahh but it doesn't. The restriction was the coastline of CA so they're close to water if not over it. Sure that's one writer's interpretation but Marvel wouldn't have used it as the build up to one of their most influential story lines if they didn't back it. I still say Namor, Iron Man needs all the gadgets, Namor really is just that good.

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By crazy spidey

ya ppl seem to undersestamate Namor's power, he is not only super strong/ invulnerable and can fly, but he has more experience then any other marvel character

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#12  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

King of Kings says:

""

The_Creator says:

"His helmet is not that easy to remove or others in the past would have so easily done so."

Just throwing that out there.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The_Creator says:

"King of Kings says:
"I'm willing to bet even on land Namor kicks his ass. Those blasts don't seem to have any effect on him what so ever.

That's one writers interpretation. Take the longer view and look at more of their appearances.

Ironmans repulsors have staggered people as powerful as Namor before.

His helmet is not that easy to remove or others in the past would have so easily done so.

Ironman has sensors that should easily reveal and thus prevent Namor blindsiding him as shown.

And the simple fact - Tony would not go in the water after Namor. Maybe if he was angry (perhaps as above) but he knows that Namor is at his most powewrful in the water so don't fight to his strengths - fight to his weaknesses - a simply rule of war.

What if the fight conviently occured 50 miles from a body of water - would that be a different story ?"

Namor is as powerful out of the water as he is in it. True he begins to lose strength the longer he's out but he wouldn't need much time at all to take out Iron Man. You say Tony wouldn't get close to the water, couldn't the same be said for Namor, he wouldn't stray to far from it.

Spiderman 2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Spiderman 2099

and this is namor way of saying SHUT THE F@#$ UP lol

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By the creator

Buckshot says:

"King of Kings says:
" "
The_Creator says:
" His helmet is not that easy to remove or others in the past would have so easily done so. "
Just throwing that out there."

I agree with the first 2 but the last image - come on.

The seal is meant to be as strong as the rest of the armour - or almost so. If it takes abeing a strong as Namor or Thor to dent or rupture the armour with repeated blows how can the last example be in line with the others - unless of course the armour had a power failure and the magnetic interlocks were compromised (but there are sparks from the helmets removal so maybe not).

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#16  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I think the whole thing was garbage anyway, but I'm just supplying images.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By the creator

crazy spidey says:

"ya ppl seem to undersestamate Namor's power, he is not only super strong/ invulnerable and can fly, but he has more experience then any other marvel character"

That not really true. Although he is quite durable, especially to blunt force truama, say from a punch (of which he has taken blows from beings as strong as Spiderman without serious damage), he is not so resistant to energy attacks.

His durability against the repulsors would be high as they are force based but the unibeam effects are a different matter.

His experience is hugely greater than Tony's but pales against the likes of Thor or Hercules.

Walkingstone says:

"The_Creator says:
"What if the fight conviently occured 50 miles from a body of water - would that be a different story ?"
Ahh but it doesn't. The restriction was the coastline of CA so they're close to water if not over it. Sure that's one writer's interpretation but Marvel wouldn't have used it as the build up to one of their most influential story lines if they didn't back it. I still say Namor, Iron Man needs all the gadgets, Namor really is just that good."

You are quite right, the original posting did say at the coastline. My bad.

King of Kings says:

"The_Creator says:
"King of Kings says:
That's one writers interpretation. Take the longer view and look at more of their appearances. Ironmans repulsors have staggered people as powerful as Namor before. His helmet is not that easy to remove or others in the past would have so easily done so. Ironman has sensors that should easily reveal and thus prevent Namor blindsiding him as shown. And the simple fact - Tony would not go in the water after Namor. Maybe if he was angry (perhaps as above) but he knows that Namor is at his most powewrful in the water so don't fight to his strengths - fight to his weaknesses - a simply rule of war. What if the fight conviently occured 50 miles from a body of water - would that be a different story ?"
Namor is as powerful out of the water as he is in it. True he begins to lose strength the longer he's out but he wouldn't need much time at all to take out Iron Man. You say Tony wouldn't get close to the water, couldn't the same be said for Namor, he wouldn't stray to far from it."

So it would be a standoff until one went in to the others domain. As Tony should have been smarter than to make such a tactical erreor, I would think that namor would attack Tony on land / in the air as he is the prouder and more hot headed (usually) of the two.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Even if Namor went on land he should be able to take Iron Man.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By the creator

King of Kings says:

"Even if Namor went on land he should be able to take Iron Man."

Please explain

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Ghostshell

He has YEARS of experience in combat, you say Iron Man flies faster I cant go with you on that one. Namor is stronger, more agile and from what I've seen able to with stand Iron Man's blasts long enough to get in close and curb stomp his ass. Namor knocked out Wolverine with one punch on land and some people don't want to count that but if you combine it with everything else thats been shown Iron Man goes down in land, sea, or air :P

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By the creator

King of Kings says:

"He has YEARS of experience in combat, you say Iron Man flies faster I cant go with you on that one. Namor is stronger, more agile and from what I've seen able to with stand Iron Man's blasts long enough to get in close and curb stomp his ass. Namor knocked out Wolverine with one punch *on land* and some people don't want to count that but if you combine it with everything else thats been shown Iron Man goes down in land, sea, or air :P"

You are right he does have years of experience, around 60 - 70 yrs to be precise.

Iron Man has beeb recently shown to fly around mach 2 - mach 3. This is way beyond the quoted top speed of Namor, which according to the recently published power chart handbooks, means that he languishes at approx 120 mph.

I actually believe that this is too low and that maybe 200 mph is nearer the mark.

Iron Man is the significantly faster in the air. He also has the benefit of radar senses and the like and a tactical computer than can track incoming targets and automate his weapons sustems to fire at the tracked target.

I also agree with you about the Repulsors - Namor could resist them until he got in close enough to hit and grapple Ironman, but with Ironmans flight speed advantage, would he. I doubt it.

Ironman, although hugely strong and very durable, is a long weapons expert. Most of his weapons systems are energy based.

His heat ray can reach temperatures of over 3500 deg Fahrenhite. This means that he can melt steel. Consider that in the past Namor has been hurt by the Human Torches normal flame (which is around 1400 deg F). With repeated exposure to these temps, Namor will dehydrate quite quickly (as has been demonstrated in the past).

Then we have the Unibeams laser. This is more than capable of cutting through steel, so should be able to cut Namor.

Before I forget, Ironmans unibeam can also emit a strobe light beam, to blind and diorientate his opponent. This should work on namor as well. i have already mentioned sonics as well...

Out of the water (where Namor has the speed advantage) and against a foes who can fly and maneuver faster and has a massive array of long distance weapons like Ironman has, I don't see namor winning.

In the water - yeah Namor for the win.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The_Creator says:

"King of Kings says:
"He has YEARS of experience in combat, you say Iron Man flies faster I cant go with you on that one. Namor is stronger, more agile and from what I've seen able to with stand Iron Man's blasts long enough to get in close and curb stomp his ass. Namor knocked out Wolverine with one punch *on land* and some people don't want to count that but if you combine it with everything else thats been shown Iron Man goes down in land, sea, or air :P"

You are right he does have years of experience, around 60 - 70 yrs to be precise.

Iron Man has beeb recently shown to fly around mach 2 - mach 3. This is way beyond the quoted top speed of Namor, which according to the recently published power chart handbooks, means that he languishes at approx 120 mph.

I actually believe that this is too low and that maybe 200 mph is nearer the mark.

Iron Man is the significantly faster in the air. He also has the benefit of radar senses and the like and a tactical computer than can track incoming targets and automate his weapons sustems to fire at the tracked target.

I also agree with you about the Repulsors - Namor could resist them until he got in close enough to hit and grapple Ironman, but with Ironmans flight speed advantage, would he. I doubt it.

Ironman, although hugely strong and very durable, is a long weapons expert. Most of his weapons systems are energy based.

His heat ray can reach temperatures of over 3500 deg Fahrenhite. This means that he can melt steel. Consider that in the past Namor has been hurt by the Human Torches normal flame (which is around 1400 deg F). With repeated exposure to these temps, Namor will dehydrate quite quickly (as has been demonstrated in the past).

Then we have the Unibeams laser. This is more than capable of cutting through steel, so should be able to cut Namor.

Before I forget, Ironmans unibeam can also emit a strobe light beam, to blind and diorientate his opponent. This should work on namor as well. i have already mentioned sonics as well...

Out of the water (where Namor has the speed advantage) and against a foes who can fly and maneuver faster and has a massive array of long distance weapons like Ironman has, I don't see namor winning.

In the water - yeah Namor for the win.

"

Thats pretty impressive and I'm inclined to agree with you. Except if he were truly that fast Cap, Spiderman, Thor, Namor above and everybody else who has been shown kicking his ass wouldn't even be able to touch him, you say the removing of the helmet is bad writing I submit to you the mach 2-3 speed advantage is bad writing. Maybe he has a different suit he uses to achieve this feet I don't know.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By the creator

King of Kings says:

"The_Creator says:
"King of Kings says:
You are right he does have years of experience, around 60 - 70 yrs to be precise. Iron Man has beeb recently shown to fly around mach 2 - mach 3. This is way beyond the quoted top speed of Namor, which according to the recently published power chart handbooks, means that he languishes at approx 120 mph. I actually believe that this is too low and that maybe 200 mph is nearer the mark. Iron Man is the significantly faster in the air. He also has the benefit of radar senses and the like and a tactical computer than can track incoming targets and automate his weapons sustems to fire at the tracked target. I also agree with you about the Repulsors - Namor could resist them until he got in close enough to hit and grapple Ironman, but with Ironmans flight speed advantage, would he. I doubt it. Ironman, although hugely strong and very durable, is a long weapons expert. Most of his weapons systems are energy based. His heat ray can reach temperatures of over 3500 deg Fahrenhite. This means that he can melt steel. Consider that in the past Namor has been hurt by the Human Torches normal flame (which is around 1400 deg F). With repeated exposure to these temps, Namor will dehydrate quite quickly (as has been demonstrated in the past). Then we have the Unibeams laser. This is more than capable of cutting through steel, so should be able to cut Namor. Before I forget, Ironmans unibeam can also emit a strobe light beam, to blind and diorientate his opponent. This should work on namor as well. i have already mentioned sonics as well... Out of the water (where Namor has the speed advantage) and against a foes who can fly and maneuver faster and has a massive array of long distance weapons like Ironman has, I don't see namor winning. In the water - yeah Namor for the win. "
Thats pretty impressive and I'm inclined to agree with you. Except if he were truly that fast Cap, Spiderman, Thor, Namor above and everybody else who has been shown kicking his ass wouldn't even be able to touch him, you say the removing of the helmet is bad writing I submit to you the mach 2-3 speed advantage is bad writing. Maybe he has a different suit he uses to achieve this feet I don't know."

The few suits following the Silver Centurion armour could travel at 960 mph (so about mach 1.4).

His later suits have slowly been getting faster and stronger etc.

When I say speed - I mean flight speed in this circumstance.

His reaction speed I would think is less that Namors but if he stays at a distnace (say 100 yards), his armoyrs computer can react to keep his a safe distance away and also keep firing his weapons arrays at Namor.

So on this concept, Namor could not close with him and could not avoid the energy attacks unless he sought cover - either in buildings or back in to the sea.

If he sought cover in buildings, Ironman could likely track him inside with his sensors (thermal or the like) but he may have to enter the building to attack Namor (unless he simply went all out to collapse the building on namor).

If it went back to a closer hand to hand fight, then Ironman is giving up his range advantage and again playing to namors strengths.

To win this Ironman must keep the fight out in the open and at range.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sling Shot

Namor has been shown consistently fly exponentially faster than his quoted top speed for years by numerous authors and artists. The reference books have shown flaws before.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By the creator

Sling Shot says:

"Namor has been shown consistently fly exponentially faster than his quoted top speed for years by numerous authors and artists. The reference books have shown flaws before. "

I agree (as per my previous posting) but he can fly nowhere near mach 2.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rotten gun

i'd follow namor with the garden hose if it means he kicks tinmans ass!

Avatar image for heart_of_infinity
Heart of Infinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor easily can take on the fantastic 4 by himself both in ultimate and in regular marvel universe and tinman would be no different.. If Tony has any chance he better be more cunning then he ever has before and find a way to keep Namor out of the water for probably more then a day

fear monger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By fear monger

namor under water is hard to beat

iron man without the suit is just rich

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By Copy

The_Creator says:

"Buckshot says:
"King of Kings says:
" "
The_Creator says:
" His helmet is not that easy to remove or others in the past would have so easily done so. "
Just throwing that out there."
I agree with the first 2 but the last image - come on. The seal is meant to be as strong as the rest of the armour - or almost so. If it takes abeing a strong as Namor or Thor to dent or rupture the armour with repeated blows how can the last example be in line with the others - unless of course the armour had a power failure and the magnetic interlocks were compromised (but there are sparks from the helmets removal so maybe not). "

I believe he try to use his uni beam blast but the webbing stop him and then he had to reboot.

Adidas Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Adidas Demon

Water. Winner Namor. Land. Winner: Iron Man. Iron man should be smart enough not to fight Namor in water.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By warlock360

the human blur says:

"who would win the match it's around the coast line of california?"

must i say more?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By warlock360

lordraiden says:

"Rotten gun says:
"i'd follow namor with the garden hose if it means he kicks tinmans ass!"

priceless! your a gem, rotten! "

xD

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lordraiden

Rotten gun says:

priceless! your a gem, rotten!

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hadrelius

As long as Ironman stays out of the water. He think he wins. He can match Namor strength (if not stronger) and his weapons and speed is the great advantage.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By Constantine

depends....iron man should be smart enough not to fight namor in water....so i go with iron man

irongirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By irongirl

Alpha says:

"As long as Ironman stays out of the water. He think he wins. He can match Namor strength (if not stronger) and his weapons and speed is the great advantage. "

Agreed. If the fight is underwater, Namor would probably win. As long as Iron Man can stay out of the water, he will win. He has enough firepower, more than enough speed and a quicker reaction time to his advantage that on land he can easily turn Namor into sushi.

Also, it seems like the cool thing to do these days is rip off Iron Man's helmet. Thor, yeah I'll give it to Thor. I'll even give it to Namor. Spider-man though? No way.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Apparition

i always thought ironman would win. he'd probably win in the water too.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Andferne

Iron Man would win this if he can keep Namor out and away from the water (like many have said already), but with htis fight being only 50 miles from the coastline I do not see him keeping Namor from takeing a bath if he needs to rejuice.

I also see Iron Man being smart enough to not chase after Namor to the water. I think he did so more in that comic out of anger and it proved to be a bad idea.

A fight in the water between these two I do not see Iron-Man standing much of a chance agaisnt Namor.

the human blur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By the human blur

well said I want to be the last one to comment on this page before it dies well this sure was one of a discussion.

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By T.J. Magnum

namor as a really good chance because the fight is near water,it will eventually go into the water,and in water namor is hard to beat

Namor McKenzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Namor McKenzie

BUMP me for the win!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#42  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

It doesn't matter where they fight...If Tony absolutely has to fight Namor and there is no way out of it...he'll kill'em.

Namor McKenzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Namor McKenzie

Tony kills namor? thats news

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Namor McKenzie says:

"Tony kills namor? thats news"

Well to a fanboy...I guess so.

Namor McKenzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Namor McKenzie

so your trying to tell me that someone who needs a even BIGGER armor (hulkbuster) to fight the hulk would win against someone who won against the hulk every time?

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Shaper

Rotten gun says:

LMAO!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Namor McKenzie says:

"so your trying to tell me that someone who needs a even BIGGER armor (hulkbuster) to fight the hulk would win against someone who won against the hulk every time?"

Yes...

Avatar image for shazam__lord_m__
Shazam (Lord M.)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Shazam (Lord M.)

Vance Astro says:

"Namor McKenzie says:
"so your trying to tell me that someone who needs a even BIGGER armor (hulkbuster) to fight the hulk would win against someone who won against the hulk every time?"

Yes..."

Oh okay...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Shazam (Lord M.) says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Namor McKenzie says:
Yes..."
Oh okay... "

I'm glad you understand.

Black Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Black Adam

Well seeing as Namor is kinda overrated due to him being stronger than anyone under water,Namor has been beaten by Tony under water before and thats like ground zero for Tony Lmfao.