#1 Posted by stafikking (381 posts) - - Show Bio

Now before people say that magneto would win since iron man is metal, I have something to say. First off, what if Iron man's armor isn't magnetic ( not affected by magnetism ). Secondly, lets say his armor is magnetic. If that's the case, what if the magnetic field produced by magneto is just lag to iron man, if iron man's thrusters are capable of resisting and flying away from the magnetic field.
#2 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Edited by RiseofApocalypse (3991 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if Mags doesn't directly control IM's armor, this is still a spite thread in favour of Magneto.

#4 Posted by Sexy Merc (42072 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by stafikking (381 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, I'm most likely underestimating magneto's abilities. How powerful is his magnetism?
#6 Posted by The Mango (1477 posts) - - Show Bio

OK why don't we make this more interesting.

Iron Man in Thorbuster armor vs Magneto.

#7 Posted by stafikking (381 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if Magneto is able to stop an F-22 raptor going at mach 3?
#8 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@stafikking said:
" I wonder if Magneto is able to stop an F-22 raptor going at mach 3? "
Yes
#9 Posted by stafikking (381 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut: 

I'd appreciate it if someone gave me some evidence for it.
#10 Posted by stafikking (381 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mango said:
"OK why don't we make this more interesting.  Iron Man in Thorbuster armor vs Magneto. "

Why not iron man in magneto buster armor. Or maybe iron man in universe buster armor. lol
#11 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man in any armor loses to Magneto.

#12 Posted by The Mango (1477 posts) - - Show Bio
@stafikking said:
" @The Mango said:
"OK why don't we make this more interesting.  Iron Man in Thorbuster armor vs Magneto. "
Why not iron man in magneto buster armor. Or maybe iron man in universe buster armor. lol "
Uh, because he's never made those armors.

#13 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@stafikking said:
" @Lance Uppercut:  I'd appreciate it if someone gave me some evidence for it. "
It's metal, and he's faster. There are hardly any scans of him stopping jets because no military on earth is stupid enough to use them on Magneto. If you need proof, try reading comics with Magneto in them.
#14 Posted by Jake Fury (18616 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut: @stafikking:  He stopped that giant bullet thingy that Kitty Prdye was trapped in. Heck, it was in outer space as well.
#15 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio

This topic has also been done before...several times...WHY AREN'T PEOPLE USING THE SEARCH?! It's NOT difficult...

#16 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29500 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:
" "
#17 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" @Lance Uppercut: @stafikking:  He stopped that giant bullet thingy that Kitty Prdye was trapped in. Heck, it was in outer space as well. "
Stopped it when it was traveling at almost the speed of light. It was literally galaxies away from him. then he literally pulled a phased Kitty out, and kept the bullet going.
#18 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto could not only break his suit down he could manipulate the EM spectrum to fry Iron Man.  Magneto I think could maybe destroy a Hemisphere with his magnetic powers.

#19 Posted by Jake Fury (18616 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Jake Fury said:
" @Lance Uppercut: @stafikking:  He stopped that giant bullet thingy that Kitty Prdye was trapped in. Heck, it was in outer space as well. "
Stopped it when it was traveling at almost the speed of light. It was literally galaxies away from him. then he literally pulled a phased Kitty out, and kept the bullet going. "
when he's written consistently Maggs is a bad, bad man. 
#20 Posted by stafikking (381 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Jake Fury said:
" @Lance Uppercut:  @stafikking:  He stopped that giant bullet thingy that Kitty Prdye was trapped in. Heck, it was in outer space as well. "
Stopped it when it was traveling at almost the speed of light. It was literally galaxies away from him. then he literally pulled a phased Kitty out, and kept the bullet going. "

So he stopped it, pulled kitty out, then let it on it's way?
#21 Posted by The Mango (1477 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Jake Fury said:
when he's written consistently Maggs is a bad, bad man.  "
That's not consistent with anything he's ever done as far as I know.
#22 Posted by Jake Fury (18616 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mango said:
" @Jake Fury said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Jake Fury said:
That's not consistent with anything he's ever done as far as I know. "
True. But the way it was written it took every bit of concentration he had. It nearly killed him. 
#23 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@stafikking said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Jake Fury said:
" @Lance Uppercut:  @stafikking:  He stopped that giant bullet thingy that Kitty Prdye was trapped in. Heck, it was in outer space as well. "
So he stopped it, pulled kitty out, then let it on it's way? "
What would give you that idea? (heavy sarcasm)
#24 Posted by stafikking (381 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mango said:
" @stafikking said:
" @The Mango said:
Why not iron man in magneto buster armor. Or maybe iron man in universe buster armor. lol "
Uh, because he's never made those armors.

"

*face palm* I was joking!
#25 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mango said:
" @Jake Fury said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Jake Fury said:

Being a bad ass?
#26 Posted by stafikking (381 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" @The Mango said:
" @Jake Fury said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Jake Fury said:
True. But the way it was written it took every bit of concentration he had. It nearly killed him.  "

So that's the limit of his power?
#27 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@stafikking said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Jake Fury said:
So he stopped it, pulled kitty out, then let it on it's way? "
It's not really stated what happens to the bullet. It's possible he managed to destroy it. It's possible that he just opened a massive series of wormholes that sent different sections of the bullet to different places in space, rendering it useless. Bt what's known is that he tracked Kitty Pryde from millions, possibly billions of miles away just by tracking the unique metals in her bloodstream, somehow  changed the course of the bullet, and brought it back. Keep in mind, this was after he recieved the ability to use his powers again (and apparenty Magneto isn't nearly as strong as he was before).
#28 Edited by Jake Fury (18616 posts) - - Show Bio
So that's the limit of his power? " 

Not sure. he can use Earth's own magnetic fields to augment his powers. You just asked if he could stop a jet flying at Mach 3. If he could stop the bullet galaxies away then he could certainly stop a jet. Just posting an example. 
#29 Posted by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

#30 Posted by TERMlNATOR_FAN (7 posts) - - Show Bio

since magnetto controls all metal that would mean he wins. he would not only melt ironmans armor,but completley damage all of hiscircuits.
#31 Edited by MagneticShockwave (1244 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hoboseid said:

Ironman: "After our last encounter, I modified my suit with a demagnetizing agent. Your powers no longer affect me!" 

Magneto: "Ok."  *reverses demagnetizing agent* 

Ironman: "Arrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!" "How!?" 

Magneto: "I am not just the Master of Magnetism, boy! I also control the entire Electromagnetic field!! ALL MOLECULES are under my bidding!!!"
#32 Posted by blackadam2 (301 posts) - - Show Bio
@stafikking said:
I wonder if Magneto is able to stop an F-22 raptor going at mach 3?

magneto was able to stop a giant bullet flying at light speed. i know this thread is old.
#33 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio
Magneto

MAG-FREAKING-NETO!!

#34 Posted by MagneticShockwave (1244 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edgeworth_11 said:
Magneto

MAG-FREAKING-NETO!!

Yes, this is when I was attacking France!
#35 Posted by snakedr321 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

yet he just lost to iron man in avengers vs xmen

#36 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

@snakedr321 said:

yet he just lost to iron man in avengers vs xmen

Losing to somebody in a comic does not mean that they'd lose to that person in the battle forum. Different set up, different circumstances, different rules, no PIS.

#37 Posted by Saren (25672 posts) - - Show Bio
Call me when it says "Winner: The Magnificent Magneto" or something of the sort.
#38 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane:BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Was that from the AvX or Avengers vs Xmen series?

#39 Posted by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@stafikking said:

Okay, I'm most likely underestimating magneto's abilities. How powerful is his magnetism?

Correction:

Electromagnetism

He can basically manipulate atoms by the electrons so in other words; he controls electrons. Not just magnets and metals.

#40 Posted by VictorGrey (13465 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto takes this with no PIS, he controls Electrons and Metals, and Iron Man is full with these.

#41 Posted by Lord Shiva (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@VictorGrey said:

Magneto takes this with no PIS, he controls Electrons and Metals, and Iron Man is full with these.

PIS plays such a strong role in Iron Man's win in AvX

#42 Posted by VictorGrey (13465 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord Shiva said:

@VictorGrey said:

PIS plays such a strong role in Iron Man's win in AvX

Yep, that's why I added 'no PIS'

#43 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3497 posts) - - Show Bio

magneto wins this pretty easily.

#44 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Call me when it says "Winner: The Magnificent Magneto" or something of the sort.

Agreed.

#45 Edited by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

A-list Hero in metal suit vs B-list wannabe villain with magnetic powers.

Iron Man wins

#46 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

i remember magneto can control all metals, including non magnetic metals

#47 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

In case it wasn't obvious enough, Magneto!

#49 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Pretty pictures aside, Iron Man already won. Case closed.
#50 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

Pretty pictures aside, Iron Man already won. Case closed.

Also, Magneto had the power to destroy him but he threw the fight because he sensed the Phoenix destroy one of the planets that was powering him. Magneto wins. Case closed.