#1 Posted by spartan92 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio
Invincible Iron Man #501

vs

h2h only

no morals

fight takes place in NYC

who wins ?

#2 Posted by Fetts (4490 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Colossus would rape him. If it's classic Colossus then I'd say Iron Man.

#3 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts said:

Current Colossus would rape him. If it's classic Colossus then I'd say Iron Man.

This.

#4 Posted by God_Spawn (38105 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt there are intentions of Juggolossus so Iron Man whoops him around.

#5 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

I doubt there are intentions of Juggolossus so Iron Man whoops him around.

#6 Posted by cattlebattle (12989 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man should win this

#7 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11667 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't Tony trained a little bit by a Captain America in H2H?

#8 Posted by God_Spawn (38105 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94: He was.

#9 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11667 posts) - - Show Bio

Nevermind I found the scans.

#10 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fetts said:
#11 Posted by Tony_Shark (480 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd go with Colossus, but it wouldn't be as easy as it seems. It is Bleeding Edge IM after all

#12 Posted by God_Spawn (38105 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tony_Shark said:

I'd go with Colossus, but it wouldn't be as easy as it seems. It is Bleeding Edge IM after all

How does Colossus win exactly? Cause I'm at a complete 180 and Tony wins and almost easily.

#13 Posted by Tony_Shark (480 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: It honestly seemed like a reasonable answer since it's Hand-to-Hand only. I know what Tony can do, but he's very limited in this fight.

How strong is Colossus exactly?

#14 Posted by Tony_Shark (480 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Actually, I'll just take back my answer. I probably shouldn't have jumped to conclusions lol

#15 Posted by God_Spawn (38105 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tony_Shark: Around Thing's level. I've seen Tony perform better feats in some of his classic armors than I have Colossus. Also Tony is much faster than Colossus is anyways.

#16 Posted by Tony_Shark (480 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Yeah, nevermind on Colossus. Tony's reaction time is insane, after all.

#17 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10653 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fetts said:

Agreed.
#18 Posted by foxboy2122 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku LULZ

#19 Posted by Bo88gdan (4414 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus is stronger than Iron Man But Iron man can fly and he is faster.In the end Colossus would win.

#20 Posted by henryarguelles5 (366 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man for the win. He knocked out a savage Hulk - in weaker armor. No reason he can't take out Colossus.

#21 Posted by dondave (38513 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man

#22 Posted by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

Collossus! 1.stronger 2. much much more durable. Without repulsors and in H2H only Tony has 0 chances.

#23 Posted by God_Spawn (38105 posts) - - Show Bio

@asIsuspected said:

Collossus! 1.stronger 2. much much more durable. Without repulsors and in H2H only Tony has 0 chances.

Not even close.

#24 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts said:

Exactly what I was thinking coming in. Pretty sure Iron Man is many times the physical superior of classic Colossus.

#25 Posted by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@asIsuspected said:

Not even close.

please, explain

#26 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5785 posts) - - Show Bio

Also for those mentioning Tony and his training (and i'm not saying he loses) Colossus was trained by Logan as well as Scott in combat.

#27 Posted by God_Spawn (38105 posts) - - Show Bio

@asIsuspected:

Because Iron Man is strong enough to knock Colossus out, is much faster and more than durable enough to take his hits.

#28 Edited by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@asIsuspected:

Because Iron Man is strong enough to knock Colossus out, is much faster and more than durable enough to take his hits.

hmm..1. last time I checked Colossus was 100 tonner(with feats like lifting submarine with his bare hands) and Tony only 70-80 so how is he stronger than Piotr 2.Colossus organic metall body is extremely durable (he has walked into the core of a planet with no damage survive re entry into a planet from space all the way down into a concrete floor with absolutley no damage survived a full lightning blast by storm and was unaffected) while tony suit is composed of titanium alloy and randomly becomes a tin can when it put into test by a powerhouses like Thor or Hulk. Sorry but in a H2H fight Tony has no chances unless he uses some upgraded armor. Although I must admit in a normal fight Iron man would probably win due to versatility and intellect only but not in a slugfest.

there is also this Piots stoping train with his bare hands a feat Iron man would never be able to perform

#29 Posted by God_Spawn (38105 posts) - - Show Bio

@asIsuspected:

hmm..1. last time I checked Colossus was 100 tonner(with feats like lifting submarine with his bare hands) and Tony only 70-80 so how is he stronger than.

Tony is class 100 and has been for awhile. He's knocked the Hulk unconscious, gone h2h with Namor, help Thor lift millions of tons worth of city condensed into a single ball and throw it out into the ocean, and lifted 16,000 ton nuclear reactor back in weaker versions of his armor. He has had feats well beyond well beyond 70-80 tons decades back. 616 Colossus never lifted a submarine to my knowledge (not that he couldn't) and that would be Ultimate Colossus who has done that feat. Colossus taking a lightning bolt and surviving heat is irrelevant, that has nothing to do with his durability towards blunt force trauma. And Iron Man's suit has tanked hits from Thor, Namor, Hulk etc. Colossus is more even with Namor, but he isn't on league with Hulk or Thor in terms of strength. Colossus is not just gonna scrap it.

And that train feat is also Ultimate Colossus, not 616. You're using a supposedly stronger version of Colossus in terms of his strength feats here.

So why exactly can't Tony fight him in hand to hand? Colossus' h2h feats are hardly any better if at all than Tony's despite his training from the likes of Wolverine and Storm. Tony has a bit of training himself. Colossus brawls a lot. Not to mention Tony is faster by a margin. He has a higher chance of dodging Colossus' attacks and getting more off and Colossus isn't just gonna shake them off, he will feel them and eventually succumb. He isn't Hulk or anything.

#30 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

iron man wins.

#31 Posted by Charlie_Jade (523 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony's armor is wired directly into his thoughts, he's at least as fast as Spider-Man if not faster

If speed was equalized Colossus wins but since the original posts says nothing about speed then Ironman should avoid all his attacks and blitz him with dozens of 90+ ton punches

#32 Posted by HyperViper97 (1342 posts) - - Show Bio

are we talking AvX Juggernaut Collosus? The guy who was only defeated by Red Hulk because he gave up, and red hulk had no problem with iron man. I say collosus

#33 Edited by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Colossus can take Wolverines claws resulting in scratches and sparks could Tony? Colossus wins in durability contest anyday (unless Tony makes some upgrades to his armor). Do you really believe that Tony is on equal terms with guys like Thor or Hulk (even at base strength)? if you do I have no intention to continue this...... You comparison of Colossus to Namor is very nice since Tony being beaten by Namor on saveral ocasions... and here exactly what i mean: guys like Namor or Piotr can go toe to toe with powerhouses (although eventually would lose) using only brute force and durability of their boddies they can slug it out and stand thier ground in H2H with monsters like Jugg or Hulk when Tony needs to use whole versatility of his suit to stand his ground otherwise he would be torn apart like a tin can.......

#34 Posted by Chaos Burn (1787 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man certainly is faster, but the question is durability imo. Couldn't Colossus just take the few hits, grab Iron Man whilst he is close, and crush him like a tin can?

#35 Posted by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Burn said:

Iron Man certainly is faster, but the question is durability imo. Couldn't Colossus just take the few hits, grab Iron Man whilst he is close, and crush him like a tin can?

exactly

#36 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charlie_Jade said:

Ouch, bringing out Spidey punking the entire Xmen from Secret Wars, thats harsh. LoL

Like I said, Classic Colossus doesnt stand a chance.

#37 Edited by God_Spawn (38105 posts) - - Show Bio

@asIsuspected said:

@god_spawn: Colossus can take Wolverines claws resulting in scratches and sparks could Tony? Colossus wins in durability contest anyday (unless Tony makes some upgrades to his armor). Do you really believe that Tony is on equal terms with guys like Thor or Hulk (even at base strength)? if you do I have no intention to continue this...... You comparison of Colossus to Namor is very nice since Tony being beaten by Namor on saveral ocasions... and here exactly what i mean: guys like Namor or Piotr can go toe to toe with powerhouses (although eventually would lose) using only brute force and durability of their boddies they can slug it out and stand thier ground in H2H with monsters like Jugg or Hulk when Tony needs to use whole versatility of his suit to stand his ground otherwise he would be torn apart like a tin can.......

Colossus took Wolverine's claws in a training exercise and they scored him meaning they scratched him. He took them sort again in Wolverine goes to Hell but then Wolverine stabbed him and Colossus started bleeding everywhere. Not to mention Colossus has been afraid of them shown on 2 occasions. Going h2h with Namor is more than Colossus really has to offer and Namor has a different set of abilities than Colossus and Tony has beaten him before. So these last 2 points are irrelevant. And Colossus going h2h against Juggernaut is irrelevant cause he didn't do much against him in any encounter. When Rogue stole some of Cain's power, weakening him, Colossus didn't contribute in his defeat. In their bar fight, Peter got hit by one solid punch and was KO'd. Colossus all he did against Hulk in their encounters was A) Barely staggered him when he wasn't looking and get smacked around by said Hulk and get his arms bent. Another instance was when he fought against Hulk and said his attacks were barely doing anything to him as admitted by Colossus and the only time Colossus managed to even briefly KO him was when Hulk was weakened and disoriented from another's attack; once again pointed out by Colossus.

Tony doesn't have to be stronger than any of those opponents, Colossus isn't. Tony is also faster than them. Colossus is arguably not even as strong as Tony is and while I will throw you a bone in durability, it isn't something Tony: A) being faster than him. B) Strong enough to down and C) Durable enough to tank his hits. Why you think he is just gonna scrap him when all you've done is keep neglecting his speed edge and suit's own durability is beyond me.

#38 Posted by God_Spawn (38105 posts) - - Show Bio

@HyperViper97 said:

are we talking AvX Juggernaut Collosus? The guy who was only defeated by Red Hulk because he gave up, and red hulk had no problem with iron man. I say collosus

No Juggernaut Colossus. OP depicts regular Piotr.

#39 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

Colossus in my opinion. Tony is faster, and with his repulsors he can amp his strength like no other when he is flying, but if this is no flying and pure hand to hand, I think Piotr has the upper hand. Yes, Tony trained with Captain America, and that's great.

But who you train with doesn't necessarily make you a better fighter. Besides, Colossus has trained with Beast, Xavier, Wolverine, Cyclops, etc.

Piotr is stronger and more durable. Without flight, Tony is completely out of his element.

That being said, if this is with flight, Tony should take the majority. It gives him an advantage in strength, striking power, and speed.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#40 Posted by God_Spawn (38105 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay: Everything you have stated I have already countered and none of you have provided anything relevant to change that.

#41 Edited by cattlebattle (12989 posts) - - Show Bio
@Floopay said:

Piotr is stronger and more durable. Without flight, Tony is completely out of his element.

What???? 

Iron Mans varying armors over the years have taken hits from the likes of Thor, Hulk, Sentry, Abomination, She Hulk, Namor,  Silver Surfer and all sorts of insane hits from energy attacks and other attacks. His durability feats squander most of Colossus

I am not trying to low ball Colossus. I just find he just gets over rated a lot on the battle thread likely due to the X-Mens popularity. In a straight hand to hand fight Iron Man would be quicker right off the bat as Colossus has never been really know for speed and Tonys armor actually enhances his and Iron Man could just  give a little rope a dope until he could amp up his override to cream Colossus with one hit.
#42 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

Back in their classic eras, Colossus and Juggernaut faced off a few times. Colossus never really won, however, it does show off his durability by more than a bit:

Juggs drops a bar on top of Colossus and he doesn't really look any worse for ware, a pretty good feat, and classic Colossus is weaker almost all around.

I forget exactly when this happened, but I think it's in X-Men 9 or 10, you'll have to double check me on that one:

Now both have received pretty ridiculous upgrades since this occurred, but it still happened.

Colossus in his classic days has taken on people as strong and durable as Sasquatch, and Sasquatch isn't exactly a pushover. When possessed by Tanaraq even Beta Ray Bill was struggling to actually hurt Sasquatch:

Tanks blows from Blob and then actually turns around and starts doing some damage. I can't find the full fight, but I do believe this is the one where Colossus ends the fight by lifting the ground beneath Blob's feat and tossing him.

Then he fought relatively well against Glads, lost though, had a building dropped on him.

While injured catches Reed's jet:

Strength and Stamina:

Colossus vs Juggernaut:

I can't find this full fight, this is Uncanny X-Men 101 I think, or somewhere in there. Juggs ends up beating Colossus in this fight IIRC.

Colossus has strength and durability, and without flight he has a lot going in his favor. Even with flight this would be a close fight without Iron Man's energy blasts. And you can debunk as many scans as you want, but until we see anything even remotely resembling Iron Man coming close to Colossus in terms of strength and durability, I'm having a really really tough time buying it.

He's trained in the danger room, he has had training from much more people than just Captain America, and because of that has gone up against a host of different powers and different strength/durability levels. And that's not even including the villains he's gone up against.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#43 Posted by cattlebattle (12989 posts) - - Show Bio
@Floopay said:

@god_spawn:

And you can debunk as many scans as you want, but until we see anything even remotely resembling Iron Man coming close to Colossus in terms of strength and durability, I'm having a really really tough time buying it.

Do you want me to post him flattening the Hulk or Abomination, or trading blows with Thor or Silver Surfer....

Or maybe his durability feats against Fin Fang Foom....you know, the powerful mystical dragon who fits into a god class.... 

Colossus is no where near Iron Mans level, even if you could argue their base strength is close, Iron Mans durability feats outshine Colossus. If you could show me one instance where Colossus does actual damage to 100 tonner I would take this thread seriously. Iron Man has taken assaults from a load of 100 tonners and has not been defeated in most cases
#44 Posted by God_Spawn (38105 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Post them anyway. I know of the instances but just don't have the scans and my Iron Man scan collection is a little lack luster.

#45 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@Floopay said:

@god_spawn:

And you can debunk as many scans as you want, but until we see anything even remotely resembling Iron Man coming close to Colossus in terms of strength and durability, I'm having a really really tough time buying it.

Do you want me to post him flattening the Hulk or Abomination, or trading blows with Thor or Silver Surfer.... Or maybe his durability feats against Fin Fang Foom....you know, the powerful mystical dragon who fits into a god class.... Colossus is no where near Iron Mans level, even if you could argue their base strength is close, Iron Mans durability feats outshine Colossus. If you could show me one instance where Colossus does actual damage to 100 tonner I would take this thread seriously. Iron Man has taken assaults from a load of 100 tonners and has not been defeated in most cases

I just did. Juggernaut, Hulk, Abomination, Sasquatch, and there are many others. And I know many of Iron Man's feats.

Colossus also fought Hercules once, Rockslide a few times, Iron Man, Magneto, Sebastian Shaw (though Sebastian turned around and won that one I believe), and so many other Colossus fights over the years.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#46 Posted by cattlebattle (12989 posts) - - Show Bio
@Floopay said:

I just did. Juggernaut, Hulk, Abomination, Sasquatch, and there are many others. And I know many of Iron Man's feats.

Colossus also fought Hercules once, Rockslide a few times, Iron Man, Magneto, Sebastian Shaw (though Sebastian turned around and won that one I believe), and so many other Colossus fights over the years.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Colossus fights against most of those character you just named were unimpressive, Hulk was handicapped and still beat him, he never really did any damage whatsoever to Juggernaut and he managed to arm toss Sasquatch, he didn't really do any damage to him either....Colossus feats are always overplayed, he squares up with the these guys but doesn't really do anything to them......same with Gladiator.

When did Colossus fight Hercules....you are referring to a splash page where they didn't even really fight. Rockslide isn't even that strong and he has only fought Sebastian Shaw once, unarmored and Shaw tossed him like he was nothing.

This is one battle I ill post...well, the end of it. Notice Iron Man state that he can't take much more...this is after he has been blasted by Mjilnor  and uppercutted....Iron Man  has grown in strength and durability since this...which was a long time ago.

#47 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle:

That feat has pretty much been retconned since then. Back in those days, Spiderman and Mongoose used to kick Thor around like nobodies business.

So there's that.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#48 Posted by cattlebattle (12989 posts) - - Show Bio
@Floopay said:

@cattlebattle:

That feat has pretty much been retconned since then. Back in those days, Spiderman and Mongoose used to kick Thor around like nobodies business.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

What does that have to do with anything. In the scan I posted Iron Man was able to take a good amount of punishment from classic Thor and still fight, a feat Colossus has come no where near of accomplishing. Thus cementing that Iron Mans durability is way better than Colossus
#49 Posted by laflux (16814 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@asIsuspected:

hmm..1. last time I checked Colossus was 100 tonner(with feats like lifting submarine with his bare hands) and Tony only 70-80 so how is he stronger than.

Tony is class 100 and has been for awhile. He's knocked the Hulk unconscious, gone h2h with Namor, help Thor lift millions of tons worth of city condensed into a single ball and throw it out into the ocean, and lifted 16,000 ton nuclear reactor back in weaker versions of his armor. He has had feats well beyond well beyond 70-80 tons decades back. 616 Colossus never lifted a submarine to my knowledge (not that he couldn't) and that would be Ultimate Colossus who has done that feat. Colossus taking a lightning bolt and surviving heat is irrelevant, that has nothing to do with his durability towards blunt force trauma. And Iron Man's suit has tanked hits from Thor, Namor, Hulk etc. Colossus is more even with Namor, but he isn't on league with Hulk or Thor in terms of strength. Colossus is not just gonna scrap it.

And that train feat is also Ultimate Colossus, not 616. You're using a supposedly stronger version of Colossus in terms of his strength feats here.

So why exactly can't Tony fight him in hand to hand? Colossus' h2h feats are hardly any better if at all than Tony's despite his training from the likes of Wolverine and Storm. Tony has a bit of training himself. Colossus brawls a lot. Not to mention Tony is faster by a margin. He has a higher chance of dodging Colossus' attacks and getting more off and Colossus isn't just gonna shake them off, he will feel them and eventually succumb. He isn't Hulk or anything.

Just to clarify your point

Granted its a very old Pic with many inconsistencies including Colossus but it nonetheless shows Classic Iron Man to be in the same tier as Hulk, Thor and Herc. Considering he has had explicit Upgrades in armor since then, and in the Classic form was pulling off multiple 100 ton feats- I think its ample evidence that Tony won't be outmatched when going H2H with Ptior.

#50 Posted by jashro44 (22885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay: When thor manhandled iron man he had the odin force. And I recall being told that when spider-man fought thor, Thor was weakened. Not sure about mongoose all though I am pretty sure mongoose didn't hurt thor. Besides there is another battle between iron man and thor which is more recent. Iron man does a little bit better.