#1 Posted by Dane (10603 posts) - - Show Bio
Iron Man vs Aquaman

Location: Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, Upstate New York.

Rules
Current versions for both. 
Aquaman has been out of the water for approximately 1-2 hours. 
Elimination by all standards means.
Morals on.
#2 Posted by Sexy Merc (42076 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe this was done more than once.

#3 Posted by Dane (10603 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
" I believe this was done more than once. "
I thought it might have been but I did a search for both Iron Man vs Aquaman and Aquaman vs Iron Man and got nothing.

If someone knows of an existing thread, my apologies.
#4 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman via mind raping 

#5 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane: Sorry but this has been done.  
=[
#6 Posted by Sexy Merc (42076 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by sagesebas (80 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane: I think Iron Man wins 

Aquaman is out of his element, and his only real advantage is not being susceptible to bullets, but I think Iron Man's   repulsor rays and other projectiles are stronger than bullets. Plus Iron Man can fly, if the battle is solely on land and does not carry out into the ocean Iron Man wins every time.
#8 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" Aquaman via mind raping  "
Doesn't IM's suit have something that negates that?
#9 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
Doesn't IM's suit have something that negates that? "
It may but I doubt it can handle someone as powerful as Aquaman for too long. Aquaman can give a White Martian a seizure and dance around Martian Manhunter's head without trying
#10 Edited by Dane (10603 posts) - - Show Bio

My apologies for the done thread, but I'm not putting 82 search strings in before making a thread. If it can't detect the words "Iron Man" or "Aquaman" in those threads at all then the functionality wasn't worth (the attempt at) coding.

The conditions here do make it a unique thread, since in the other there were either no conditions or Aquaman had his magical water hand, etc. You're welcome to debate here or in the other threads as you choose though.

#11 Posted by Sexy Merc (42076 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane: I googled 'Aquaman vs Iron Man comicvine' with the correct spelling and it gave me those 2.
#12 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
It may but I doubt it can handle someone as powerful as Aquaman for too long. Aquaman can give a White Martian a seizure and dance around Martian Manhunter's head without trying "
True, Aquaman doesn't have some powerful telepathy. I was just wondering about that. Does being out of water weaken his telepathy(just wondering)?
#13 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane: Take a look at this thread. It might help you learn an easier way to find threads! 
=D
#14 Posted by sagesebas (80 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane: I know what you mean the search is a pain in the ass
#15 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
It may but I doubt it can handle someone as powerful as Aquaman for too long. Aquaman can give a White Martian a seizure and dance around Martian Manhunter's head without trying "
True, Aquaman doesn't have some powerful telepathy. I was just wondering about that. Does being out of water weaken his telepathy(just wondering)? "
I mean it seems logical since extended periods out of water weaken his other powers but I have never seen anything to suggest it is affected more than any other ability 
#16 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus: Alright. Well it's been a while since I've read an Aquaman comic. How badly would 2 hours out of water hurt him?
#17 Edited by Dane (10603 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:

" @Dane: I googled 'Aquaman vs Iron Man comicvine' with the correct spelling and it gave me those 2. "

If I need to use google then theres some prime design real estate thats going to waste on the multiple search boxes on every forum page I view.
#18 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite said:
" @Son_of_Magnus: Alright. Well it's been a while since I've read an Aquaman comic. How badly would 2 hours out of water hurt him? "
Under normal conditions it would not affect him badly at all
#19 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5470 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony has personally stated that telepaths cannot pry into his mind to retrieve information. Based on that it's reasonable to say that telepathy will not effect him at all. 

#20 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @Son_of_Magnus: Alright. Well it's been a while since I've read an Aquaman comic. How badly would 2 hours out of water hurt him? "
Under normal conditions it would not affect him badly at all "
Alright, then I guess he takes this unless Iron Man's telepathy shields have received some sort of upgrade.
#21 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" Tony has personally stated that telepaths cannot pry into his mind to retrieve information. Based on that it's reasonable to say that telepathy will not effect him at all.  "
I would say the barriers of MM and other Martians are better than anything Tony has and he got through them 
#22 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5470 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said: 
I would say the barriers of MM and other Martians are better than anything Tony has and he got through them  "
@Decoy Elite said: 
Alright, then I guess he takes this unless Iron Man's telepathy shields have received some sort of upgrade. "
Iron Man doesn't have psi-shields like Nova. His brain cannot be strictly called organic at this point. When he made that statement he justified it by comparing his brain like a hard drive. Martian Manhunter and Aquaman cannot read computers. I'm sure you're referring to the White Martians and there's no evidence that they had mind barriers set up the first time they invaded Earth.
#23 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral: See that's what I'd call an upgrade I don't know about. >.< 

Anyway, Iron Man should be able to take this as long as he stays away from Aquaman, if things get close up and personal Iron Man goes down hard. Overall, Iron Man's pretty smart and should take the majority but avoiding Aquaman with flight and blasting away at him for quite a while.  Although things could get tricky if Aquaman finds the pool(there's a pool at the X-Mansion right?)
#24 Posted by Dane (10603 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said: 
I would say the barriers of MM and other Martians are better than anything Tony has and he got through them  "
@Decoy Elite said: 
Alright, then I guess he takes this unless Iron Man's telepathy shields have received some sort of upgrade. "
Iron Man doesn't have psi-shields like Nova. His brain cannot be strictly called organic at this point. When he made that statement he justified it by comparing his brain like a hard drive. Martian Manhunter and Aquaman cannot read computers. I'm sure you're referring to the White Martians and there's no evidence that they had mind barriers set up the first time they invaded Earth. "
Well Vision is human-like enough to be affected by telepathy and he's more robotic than Tony. In other news, Tony is still immune to telepathy due to 'SHIELD treatments' off memory.
#25 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral: J'onn and White Martian have barriers because they are powerful telepaths themselves so they build blockades in their brains and can sense people in it 
#26 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5470 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite said:  

" @CosmicSpiral: See that's what I'd call an upgrade I don't know about. >.<   Anyway, Iron Man should be able to take this as long as he stays away from Aquaman, if things get close up and personal Iron Man goes down hard. Overall, Iron Man's pretty smart and should take the majority but avoiding Aquaman with flight and blasting away at him for quite a while.  Although things could get tricky if Aquaman finds the pool(there's a pool at the X-Mansion right?) "

I don't think so. Current Iron Man should be stronger than Aquaman. 

@Dane said:

Well Vision is human-like enough to be affected by telepathy and he's more robotic than Tony. In other news, Tony is still immune to telepathy due to 'SHIELD treatments' off memory. "

SHIELD has everything don't they? 

If he could be affected by telepathy then he wouldn't have gone through the whole convoluted mess of lobotomizing himself. He would have gotten a telepath to wipe his knowledge of the superhero identities from his mind. It would have a lot safer and easier plus Tony would have retained his intelligence. It's mentioned right before he talks about his immunity to telepathy. 

Interesting. Who was able to put the mind kibosh on Vision?  

@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @CosmicSpiral: J'onn and White Martian have barriers because they are powerful telepaths themselves so they build blockades in their brains and can sense people in it  "
I don't remember the White Martians having mind barriers. Arthur punked that White Martian pretty easily.  
#27 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral: How strong is current Iron Man?
#28 Posted by Dane (10603 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral: off memory, Moondragon.
#29 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5470 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite said:

" @CosmicSpiral: How strong is current Iron Man? "

Class 100+ easily if we assume his new armor is superior to Extremis.  

@Dane said:

" @CosmicSpiral: off memory, Moondragon. "

Multiple times? Has he been controlled by it since? I recall several times that Vision claims his android make-up grants him immunity to various forms of mind-control. 
#30 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral: How do we know he increased the strenght? I mean, didn't Tony lose quite a bit of memory and such due to deleting parts of his brain? I know he said improvements but.....I don't know, it seems like too many things are just up in the air to assume that this armor is stronger. Has he done anything physical with it lately, like lifting buildings or something?
#31 Posted by Dane (10603 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral: Current Vision might be different considering he went through a complete personality reboot. His current behavior suggests a more robotic personality and his powers were upgraded when he merged with Iron Lad/Kang's armor.