Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The gauntlet:

Round 1: Imperial guard regiment.

Round 2: One platoon of storm troopers

Round 3: 10 Space Marines (Ultra Marines)

Round 4: 5 chaos Marines, 200 cultists, 2 rhinos, 5 lesser demons

Round 5: One platoon of Necrons

Round 6: A Imperial Knight

Round 7: A blood thirister, and a scout titan

Round 8: A imperial titan

Rules:

Full rest after every round

No prep

Morals off

No bfr

Ruins of new York 100 apart

Standard gear

Versions:

Current

Can he clear?

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By jwwprod
Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He could lose at 1 or 2

Raestlin86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see him getting past necrons. 1 hit from gauss weapon would destroy his suit and he got no way to protect himself (not that i know of).

Which necrons are those btw, Warriors, Immortals, Destroyers, Deathmarks?

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 3 or 4

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Could stop at 3. Bolsters can tear through ceramite, but it depends if they can hit Tony. Not sure about the Necrons.

Raestlin86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Necron gauss weaponry breaks the target at molecular level. So basically it shoots a magnetic beam that pulls its targets atoms into the gun. Does he have something to withstand that?

Darkgenex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Darkgenex
Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of these guys are going to phased by a guy in a flying suit

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Necron gauss weaponry breaks the target at molecular level. So basically it shoots a magnetic beam that pulls its targets atoms into the gun. Does he have something to withstand that?

It's a matter of hitting him. He's a lot faster than most in 40k. I also don't know enough about Iron Man to know how strong his shields are. I'm commenting not as an Iron Man fan (in fact I don't like him at all) but as a 40k fan.

Raestlin86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Raestlin86

@darkgenex: Yeah, he does have speed advantage. Does he have a sufficiently powerful weaponry to win? Necrons are also very resilient to damage and reanimation protocols makes them even harder to put down.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator
Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depending on the Imperial Regiment but most of them crush Ironman so Round One

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Detrolord
Ironman can handle this?
Ironman can handle this?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: it depends on his energy supply.

Does it fluctuate based on suit? I heard his current armor is pretty damn powerful.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thedailybagel  Moderator
SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm gonna give Iron Man the benefit of the doubt here and say he loses at 3.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By force_echo

Lol, either people are trolling or they don't know jack about Iron Man.

Easily clears with Bleeding Edge armor, I doubt Warhammer weapons will get through the energy shield, forget about the actual armor. If they hit him at all that is.

Darkgenex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel said:

@granitesoldier: it depends on his energy supply.

Does it fluctuate based on suit? I heard his current armor is pretty damn powerful.

In fact, it's a class 100+. IIRC Bleeding edge went Mach 9.

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could stop at 3. Bolsters can tear through ceramite, but it depends if they can hit Tony. Not sure about the Necrons.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man everybody is passing on Round one when a regiment is around trillions of guards and billions of heavies for example the Death Korps have 50 million fresh guards every year

I'm pretty sure if the entire guards point their bolters up the skies they'll hit ironman even sacrificing millions of guards

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@granitesoldier said:

This is ridiculous. Extremis Iron Man's shields could stop a nuclear weapon cold at 2% power. A Bolter won't even scratch the paint.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Wut

Round 1: Imperial guard regiments are usually only around 5,000 soldiers in the IG. The Death Korps are not one huge regiment! They are numerous regiments all coming from the same planet! Ironman would not be facing millions of Death Korps, he would be facing a single regiment.

The Imperial Guard could not stop Ironman without super plot fiat.

Round 2: Unless said Storm Troopers are all packing Plasma guns, not going to happen. Even with plasma guns, I doubt it as Ironman can easily avoid them.

For those who do not know, getting shot by a plasma bolt is like getting hit by a tiny sun (in terms of temperature).

Round 3: Space Marines will have faster reaction times and will be able to peg Ironman if he comes into their range. They are aimbots on steriods unless we are taking video game examples which are super lower end. But I highly, highly doubt bolters will pierce Ironman's suit unless it is the adamantium filled bolters if not pierce, would bang it up really good.

That said, if they have a Grav-Gun, they kill Ironman. It would cause Ironmans suit to collapse in on him, crushing him. So, if they have a Grav-Gun, Tony stops at Round 3.

Round 4: Assuming there is no trolling by saying it is in the Eye of Terror, Ironman passes this. Chaos Space Marines, while being better then Space Marines due ot experience and demonic empowerment, still face similar problems, but they can't pact a Grav-Gun. Lesser daemons tells me nothing. Only Tzeentchian flamers and horrors are ranged, so other daemons won't do squat. Ironman's suit is self-contained, so he won't have to fear diseases from Plaguebearers.

Since they are out of the warp, extreme physical damage will cause the daemons to destabilizes, even if he can't achieve that, he can out wait them.

Round 5: Very good chance Ironman will be stopping here. Necron Gauss weaponry isn't something that Ironman is going to be able to dodge once fired. It will tear his suit apart, molecule by molecule.

He can still win if he uses his speed and really lays down the dakka as soon as possible.

Round 6: Tony is too fast for a Imperial Knight. That said, he better make sure he avoids whatever weaponry it is packing like the Lascannon. It will take him time to get through the void shields, but it is doable. This is easier then Round 5 because of his speed.

Round 7: Depends on the Bloodthirster. Taking lowest showings, Tony may be able to out run it until it is forced back into the warp. Normal to high showings... tony gets snapped like a kitkat bar. Killing hundreds of Space Marines in a few swipes is what some named Bloodthirsters can do. Going toe to toe with the greatest swordsmen among the Primarchs... and winning is something Bloodthirsters can do.

He stops here.

Round 8: Hell no. Tony will not be able to hurt the Emperor due to it's massive void shields. While I doubt the Emperor could hit Tony as he is a really fast flying gnat, he won't be doing much to the Emperor. Soon or later, his power will run out and the Emperor will kill him.

Summary: Stops at round 3 if Space Marines get Grav-Guns. Maybe stops at round 5. Does not get past round 7.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stops at 3 if not 4 for sure but this ofc also depends on whom the op is allowing for chaos wise.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: It would be a little funny if he was like: Surprise! One of those Chaos Space Marines is actually Ahriman who believes Ironman has an artifact of super secret awesome!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

@wut: Ahriman in an Iron Man suit? Not a nice thought.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: It would be utterly terrifying. Ahriman can already fight with the Great Harlequin and Shadow Seers without his armor, but if he had the added speed and mobility of the Ironman suit coupled with his incredible pre-cog? He would be a force to be reckoned with able to stay out of the reach of most of his enemies while laying down the psyker dakka.

Raestlin86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: But before that Trazyn the Infinite (hes collection needs some improving) comes and steals the suit from under Ahrimans nose (with a little help from Orikan the Diviner) :)

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Possibly stops at 3.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raestlin86: He better steal it from under his nose. If Ahriman catches him, Trazyn is going to be very grateful that he can take over other Necron's bodies.

Raestlin86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: He might be able to pull it of. He might even have a primarch in his collection, but it has not been confirmed :O

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Wut

@raestlin86: Rumors and speculation on Primarchs, in lore and out of lore, is a dime a dozen. We also don't know how, if he even did, acquired said primarch.

I respect Necrons, a lot. One was able to shatter a planet... by hitting it.

But nothing Trazyn has ever done has made him the level of Ahriman, to my knowledge.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man is powerful, but some things here will give him trouble. he has the potential to clear, and some things would wreck him. depends.

Raestlin86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Do you refer to Eden Prime?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Wut

@raestlin86: Nah, it was back in the War in Heaven back when the Nercons made weapons so terrifying they destroyed them because they were breaking the rules of reality.

Phaeron Ahmontekh

The Crimson Scythe , The Star-Slayer

Phaeron Ahmontekh, called in ages past the Crimson Scythe for the blood in which he drenched the sector, is the once and future king of the Suhbekhar Dynasty. The Phaeron was at one time counted amongst the most puissant of warriors and his name was feared across countless thousands of worlds. He fought at the side of the C’tan themselves, and is said to have once struck a blow that slew a god. He bore a warscythe of such potency that it is said to have shattered the planet Maldek into a billion chunks of rock in a single blow, an event which several of the Eldar’s mystic cycle- singers make reference to many aeons later.

-Deathwatch RPG: The Outer Reach pg. 114

Raestlin86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Trazyn actually does have a pretty impressive feat, possessing the preserved head of Sebastian Thor, one of the High Lords of Terra. Who knows what else he can do if he can steal something like that.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raestlin86: Ahriman has broken into the Webways... Twice. The first time he was stopped by the Great Harlequin. The second time it took Eldrad and entire Eldar Host to stop him.

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know much about Star Wars, but I do iron man has incredibly advanced technopathy. Couldn't he just disarm their weapons before they can shoot? I say he clears.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raestlin86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Yeah, Ahriman is very determined to find the Black Library. But Necrons got a limited access to webways too and that was the main reason why they defeated Old Ones ( with help from C'tan).

But to return back to topic, I would say that Tony would have extreme difficulties to get past Necrons.

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: lol then what is this?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: I thought it was a branch off of star wars?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: I'll stop posting... Lol

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Wut
Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@granitesoldier said:

This is ridiculous. Extremis Iron Man's shields could stop a nuclear weapon cold at 2% power. A Bolter won't even scratch the paint.

I believe that was when he had the energy that powered from Mjolnir through an Asgardian crystal and that was Thor Buster Iron man at his max, not regular Iron man. Normal Iron would probably stop at round 3 if the Ultramarine have the right weapons and equipment. Necrons beat as they would rip him apart molecule by molecule. Tony definitely would be able to stop an Emperor titan as it can lay waste to entire continents and has void shields that can shrug off similar firepower.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm really not sure why an Imperial Guard regiment is the first round in this gauntlet because a single regiment is huge and would have millions if not billions of guardsmen as well as Stormtroopers, Baneblades, titans, etc.

So really this should be the finale round instead of the first round.

PabloSL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stops at 3 I'd say, space marines are thought