Iron Man (Hulkbuster) VS Steel

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 the_red_viper  Moderator

Tony Stark has discovered Pepper Potts has been sleeping with Hulk for the last couple of months now. Furious, he took his Hulkbuster Armor and set on looking for Hulk. Bruce Banner, who didn't want to hurt Tony, has lured him into a trap-a portal that has transfered Tony to the DC Universe. That made Tony even MORE furious. Unable to track Banner, he set on rampaging across the DCU. John Henry Irons, AKA Steel, has decided Iron Man has to be stopped.

Steel gets 1 day prep, before he confronts Iron Man in Metropolis. Both have morals off. The fight takes place in broad daylight.

Steel doesn't have access to the Entropy Aegis.

So... who wins?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Gritterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Gritterr

I don't think tony would need the hulkbuster suit to beat steel

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_red_viper  Moderator

@gritterr said:

Steel regularly tanks blows from Doomsday and gives back as good as he gets.

Gritterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gritterr

@gritterr said:

regularly may be a bit of a stretch, but Tony has tanked hulk blows on multiple occasions in regular suits

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_red_viper  Moderator

@gritterr said:

@the_red_viper said:

@gritterr said:

regularly may be a bit of a stretch, but Tony has tanked hulk blows on multiple occasions in regular suits

Yes but Doomsday is > Hulk. And Hulkbuster is pretty slow too so it's gonna be a factor.

bunt947

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gritterr said:

This.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prevailing logic is that Tony beats Henry like a drum every day and twice on sundays. Don't see anything that would change this.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzeru: @bunt947: @guardian_of_gravity: @gritterr:

Umm.. With a full day's prep, it is not at all unreasonable that Steel could get his hands on a Zeta Beam from his buddy Adam Strange and send Iron Man to the Horsehead Nebula. Or if he's really pissed, he could either build or borrow a Phantom Zone projector (considering he built Superman's second Fortress of Solitude, and has a very good working knowledge of Kryptonian technology). If that's somehow too far-fetched for you, consider this: He built for his niece the MKIV Steel Armor. It's easily Class100+ in strength in addition to it's ability to grow 60 ft tall (along with it's extra nasty Kinetic Hammer). Unless I missed something, Hulkbuster is not agile, lacks energy projection for the sake of brute strength, and can't fly. Three vulnerabilities the MKIV Armor lacks. He could easily retrofit said tech onto/into his armor and run rings around Stark while blasting it into oblivion. Steel can absolutely win this, especially if Stark proves to be a clear and present danger to the citizens of Metropolis, and he doesn't have moral restraints to worry about.

Gritterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet: I will admit that I did not see that steel was the only one with prep. I thought they both had a day to prepare. That does sway things in his favor

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gritterr:

My man. Steel's being constantly underestimated here on the 'Vine is... troubling to say the least. Not directing that toward you, it's just a gripe of mine 'tis all. You however, have shown substantial intellectual honesty here and for that, you sir have earned a "Follow"!

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@gritterr said:

@heraldofganthet: I will admit that I did not see that steel was the only one with prep. I thought they both had a day to prepare. That does sway things in his favor

@gritterr:

My man. Steel's being constantly underestimated here on the 'Vine is... troubling to say the least. Not directing that toward you, it's just a gripe of mine 'tis all. You however, have shown substantial intellectual honesty here and for that, you sir have earned a "Follow"!

I see the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@the_red_viper: I see the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Who'da thunk it? @the_red_viper a softie at heart (LOL)! On a slightly more serious note, do you see the reasoning of my previous argument?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper: I see the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Who'da thunk it? @the_red_viper a softie at heart (LOL)! On a slightly more serious note, do you see the reasoning of my previous argument?

Yeah

I was waiting for someone who knows Steel enough to think this battle through.

And I'm NOT a softie!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that Iron Man should win. But it still could go both ways. Hulkbuster IM could tank multiple blows from Hulk. Although that Steel is a lot stronger and durable than people on this topic seem to portray him as, he's only withstood a few blows from Doomsday, and even after that, he still needs time to recover. Steel's hammer is quite powerful, and he is a quite smart inventor, and he might be able to think of something to do in the prep time given. If Steel is allowed outside help, for example borrowing equipment from allies, then Steel might win. But leaning more on Iron Man this time.

LinkXV1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retconcrisis: Steel's hammer is quite powerful, and he is a quite smart inventor, and he might be able to think of something to do in the prep time given. If Steel is allowed outside help, for example borrowing equipment from allies, then Steel might win. But leaning more on Iron Man this time.

Welcome to the 'Vine! Just to clarify a minor point in your posting: Both before and during his tenure with the JLA, he had access to and a strong working knowledge of Kryptonian, Martian, Thanagarian, and Fourth World Technologies. Among others. In addition to all of the cool stuff he built from his own creativity. So he wouldn't necessarily need outside assistance per se, he could actually build it himself with time to spare. Especially if he didn't have to care about the collateral damage.

That said, I repeat "Welcome to the 'Vine"! I hope you enjoy it here. Just watch out for the trolls;)