Iron Man - Build an X-Men Buster Suit

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By RainEffect

Welcome to episode #2 of RainEffect's Build A Suit Series (BASS)

Scenario: A What If? context. Instead of fighting for peace between humans and mutants, Charles believes that Erik's plans are in fact the best future for mutants. He sends his original X-Men team to hit the White House and demand that the government step down, one way or another. The humans have nothing to combat this super-enhanced team, so who do they call when all hope fails? Tony Stark! 
Preface: Tony Stark has two hours of preparation to modify a prototype Stark Resilient-era armour to combat the team. The X-Men have announced that, if their needs are not met within two hours, they will execute all people in the White House. Stark knows what he will expect, thanks to JARVIS' background on the X-Men team. 
Opponents: 
  • Cyclops (Scott Summers)
  • Marvel Girl (Jean Grey)
  • Iceman (Bobby Drake)
  • Beast (Hank Mcoy)
  • Angel (Warren Worthington)
Rules: 
  • Two hours of preparation to modify your X-Men Buster suit
  • Stark has access to all intel regarding the X-Men
  • Armour will not target those without mutant genes.
  • Stark's has access to some highly advanced tech
  • Must also provide a basic layout of how you intend to engage the X-Men
  • Have fun!
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

RainEffect, you rock at setting up battles...but once again, like your symbiote thread, Iron Man doesn't need any upgrades, he can take this team of X-Men with his standard armor

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#3  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

but we already have x-men busters......their called Sentinels and they really don't work that well

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
but we already have x-men busters......their called Sentinels and they really don't work that well
haha
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Hmm.. Iceman and Jean can solo.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cattlebattle
@Edgeworth_11 said:
Totally not the point of the thread
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Chaos Prime

well if i was Stark i would get Mr Sinister on the pay roll ASAP :-)

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Edgeworth_11
@cattlebattle said:
@Edgeworth_11 said:
What is the point? Sorry, not being a dick or anything. I just thought it was Ironman vs the five X-men named above. 
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cattlebattle
@Edgeworth_11 said:
@cattlebattle said:
@Edgeworth_11 said:
What is the point? Sorry, not being a dick or anything. I just thought it was Ironman vs the five X-men named above. 
Read the OP, It's build an Iron Man suit that can beat that team of X-Men, it's irrelevant anyway, as Stark could take them with his standard armor and gear
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Hmm... sorry I don't see him beating Iceman and Jean.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cattlebattle
@Edgeworth_11 said:
Thats not the the point of the thread!!...LOL
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
@RainEffect said:

Scenario: A What If? context. Instead of fighting for peace between humans and mutants, Charles believes that Erik's plans are in fact the best future for mutants. He sends his original X-Men team to hit the White House and demand that the government step down, one way or another. The humans have nothing to combat this super-enhanced team, so who do they call when all hope fails? Tony Stark! 
Preface: Tony Stark has two hours of preparation to modify a prototype Stark Resilient-era armour to combat the team. The X-Men have announced that, if their needs are not met within two hours, they will execute all people in the White House. Stark knows what he will expect, thanks to JARVIS' background on the X-Men team. 
Opponents: 
  • Iceman (Bobby Drake)
  • Beast (Hank Mcoy)
Rules: 
  • Have fun!
wait.......according to jarvis' background? 

the only thing jarvis has a background on is getting tony stark a drink 
RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RainEffect
@cattlebattle said:
RainEffect, you rock at setting up battles...but once again, like your symbiote thread, Iron Man doesn't need any upgrades, he can take this team of X-Men with his standard armor
Thanks bro. Totally appreciate it! I need to think about some more complicated scenarios in the future.

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
@RainEffect said:

Opponents: 
  • Iceman (Bobby Drake)
  • Beast (Hank Mcoy)
Rules: 
  • Have fun!

JARVIS, as in the movie JARVIS. The computer he talks to?
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
@RainEffect said:
@cattlebattle said:
Thanks bro. Totally appreciate it! I need to think about some more complicated scenarios in the future.

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
@RainEffect said:

Opponents: 
  • Iceman (Bobby Drake)
  • Beast (Hank Mcoy)
Rules: 
  • Have fun!

oh, i thought this was supposed to be 616 iron man not movie iron man....
RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RainEffect
@cattlebattle said:
@Edgeworth_11 said:
Thats not the the point of the thread!!...LOL
LOL. Thanks Cattlebattle for trying to explain that.
Edgeworth, the point of the thread is not a 'who would win'. It's a question that basically asks 'what would Stark need to upgrade to his armour in order to beat this team?' 
As for your point, er, that's the entire objective of the thread. Stark could make an armour that resembles Magneto's helmet to prevent mind rape. He could also infuse high-temperature counter-measures to Bobby Drake.
RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RainEffect
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
@RainEffect said:
@cattlebattle said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
@RainEffect said:

Opponents: 
  • Iceman (Bobby Drake)
  • Beast (Hank Mcoy)
Rules: 
  • Have fun!

oh, i thought this was supposed to be 616 iron man not movie iron man....
Apologies for not specifying. It's a 616 Iron Man, but I just included JARVIS to justify the intel.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By difficlus

Extremis with nanites and container shields to hold ice man. 

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RainEffect
@difficlus said:
Intuitive. As of my knowledge, Cyclops' blasts would penetrate basic Extremis armour (if I remember the material correctly). How would you handle that?
madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By madrid_san
@cattlebattle
no offence my friend but if you say iron man can beat the x-men in his standard amor, then anyone can say which x-men can beat iron man which is just as irrelevent, no? 
HE would need armor which scrambles jean's telepathy and TK, a suit which can operate in beyond freezing temp, and made of ruby quartz , or else he loses to mutants. Angel is very good distraction as is Beast, hard targets to hit. Maybe he needs a self-destruct nuke on his suit to kill everyone.
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cattlebattle
@madrid_san said:
@cattlebattle: no offence my friend but if you say iron man can beat the x-men in his standard amor, then anyone can say which x-men can beat iron man which is just as irrelevent, no? HE would need armor which scrambles jean's telepathy and TK, a suit which can operate in beyond freezing temp, and made of ruby quartz , or else he loses to mutants. Angel is very good distraction as is Beast, hard targets to hit. I still give it to X-Men. 
No, Your brother just kept stating that two members of the X-Men would win. It's not a battle of who would win...It's how would Iron Man beat these guys, what would he need. I just stated that he wouldn't need anything as with his standard armor he has torn through the X-Men before..he's too fast and and too well equipped...I forgot to account for Jeans TP though :(
madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By madrid_san

@RainEffect
what if he had his armor coated with ruby quartz? I wonder if that would do the trick. still would need a suit to work in etreme cold temps or iceman would freeze him. i wonder if he can get a psi scrambler to inflict pain to jean if she tries to use telepathy. does three are the hard ones. hank and warren would sadly fall. if it was arch angel it would be a different story.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

-Psychic blocks to turn around Jeans tp against her, then a quick repulsar ray to take her down while she's dazed 

- i'm not sure how powerful Iceman is, i dunno if some people on here just overestimate him, or not, so i say create a negative zone portal in armor and send him there, so no one can claim he "solos" 

and as for Beast, Cyke and Angel..they're just easy pickins

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RainEffect
@The Stegman said:
-Psychic blocks to turn around Jeans tp against her, then a quick repulsar ray to take her down while she's dazed  - i'm not sure how powerful Iceman is, i dunno if some people on here just overestimate him, or not, so i say create a negative zone portal in armor and send him there, so no one can claim he "solos"  and as for Beast, Cyke and Angel..they're just easy pickins
A+ for your plan. 
One other way to deal with Iceman would be to develop a micro-wave emission system within the armour that would evaporate any water within a few feets distance.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By difficlus
@RainEffect said:
@difficlus said:
Intuitive. As of my knowledge, Cyclops' blasts would penetrate basic Extremis armour (if I remember the material correctly). How would you handle that?
his armor's defense system can take a nuke mate. 
theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By theicon
@RainEffect: is simple  make an armor  meshed with multilayers   
first layer  magnetos helmet:  what ever  magneto uses to block xavior  mesh that as a first layer and interior layer (so 2 really)  it'll block jean/ prof X
-then vibrainium 
-adamantium layer
-fit the suit with psi scramblers
-shields   x7 back up
-sonic burst for attack assault
 -optic blasts ( hyper uni beam but out the   eyes)
-ultra uni beam  with a arch matrix for continuous usage mass power blasts
 -anti magnetic mesh coat
-synthetic  leech pheromones ( in a flash bang type  form  to weaken mutant DNA  will weaken mutants like how leech can strip powers  but its temp) and in  injection form  fired like darts
 cable tech ( teleportation)
 -cloaking
-holo projecting images and  over  life model decoys, for  distractions
-gravaton emissions ( gravity control  tech wise) helps with shielding or knocking  things off balance
anti freezing armor

stolen  S.H.I.E.L.D. tech, doom tech, reed richards tech to pull all this off
Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@The Stegman said:
-Psychic blocks to turn around Jeans tp against her, then a quick repulsar ray to take her down while she's dazed  - i'm not sure how powerful Iceman is, i dunno if some people on here just overestimate him, or not, so i say create a negative zone portal in armor and send him there, so no one can claim he "solos"  and as for Beast, Cyke and Angel..they're just easy pickins

Jean hardly ever uses telepathy to attack, if she has both her mutant powers, she attacks with tk, and usually uses her telepathy for recon, which she has been known to do,because being a highy skilled and vastly powerful telepath she usually can sense psi blocks and how strong they are...alot of telepaths can do that.
RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RainEffect
@theicon said:
@RainEffect: is simple  make an armor  meshed with multilayers    first layer  magnetos helmet:  what ever  magneto uses to block xavior  mesh that as a first layer and interior layer (so 2 really)  it'll block jean/ prof X-then vibrainium  -adamantium layer -fit the suit with psi scramblers -shields   x7 back up-sonic burst for attack assault -optic blasts ( hyper uni beam but out the   eyes) -ultra uni beam  with a arch matrix for continuous usage mass power blasts -anti magnetic mesh coat -synthetic  leech pheromones ( in a flash bang type  form  to weaken mutant DNA  will weaken mutants like how leech can strip powers  but its temp) and in  injection form  fired like darts cable tech ( teleportation) -cloaking -holo projecting images and  over  life model decoys, for  distractions -gravaton emissions ( gravity control  tech wise) helps with shielding or knocking  things off balanceanti freezing armorstolen  S.H.I.E.L.D. tech, doom tech, reed richards tech to pull all this off
He has only two hours to prepare the suit. 
Might as well call that armour the Marvel Universe Buster though, haha.
theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By theicon
@RainEffect: yea it was the thought, but if he uses  cable tech and would go out side of time  2  hours = months of prep  lol     i know nice try
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By entropy_aegis

I've heard that Tony has a device which scrambles a mutants powers,impressive but does anyone have scans?