#1 Edited by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has to go to another universe for a while so he put Iron Giant in charge of protecting the city metropolis for a month (Iron Giant will has PIS and CIS off yet still have his child like personality) he won't be alone as he will have krytpo the super dog and supergirl to help him around, what happens, will there be any villains that can beat the iron giant with in a month?

#2 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11652 posts) - - Show Bio

So the Iron Giant has to protect Metropolis from threats Superman faces. Does he have help from SuperGirl and Krypto in these fights? Or do they just show him around?

#3 Posted by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

So the Iron Giant has to protect Metropolis from threats Superman faces. Does he have help from SuperGirl and Krypto in these fights? Or do they just show him around?

Both.

#4 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11652 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rainy said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

So the Iron Giant has to protect Metropolis from threats Superman faces. Does he have help from SuperGirl and Krypto in these fights? Or do they just show him around?

Both.

They probably don't need the Iron giant in the fights.
#5 Posted by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@Rainy said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

Both.

They'd be going about their ordinary life they'd only come when Iron Giant needs assistance in battles since it's his responsibility so super girl and krypto respect that and will only interfere when necessary, however they would give him tours around the city and give some basic rules so he doesn't kill or release villains

#6 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11652 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rainy said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@Rainy said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

Both.

They'd be going about their ordinary life they'd only come when Iron Giant needs assistance in battles since it's his responsibility so super girl and krypto respect that and will only interfere when necessary, however they would give him tours around the city and give some basic rules so he doesn't kill or release villains

Perhaps you could make a list of villains he's going to run into during his time in Gotham?
#7 Edited by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@Rainy said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@Rainy said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

Both.

Perhaps you could make a list of villains he's going to run into during his time in Gotham?

Mmm let's see how about this

1.Toy Man

2.Metallo & Metropolis Mafia & Parasite

3. Mongul with Inter Gang (human members only) and the previous defeated villains

4. Live Wire

5. Dooms Day (Has to beat him five times)

6. General Zod

7.Bizzaro

8. Braniac

9.Darkseid base form (Lex Luthor will be helping team superman)

each attack is two days after the first one.

#8 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11652 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rainy: O__O wow um... please tell me you're using post DCNU characters.
#9 Posted by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@Rainy: O__O wow um... please tell me you're using post DCNU characters.

Why is it a stomp for the villains if so I'll make it post DCNU?

P.S also if Super Girl or any superman related friends/family die Iron Giant loses the match.

#10 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11652 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rainy: Trust me, The Iron Giant dies before both of them. Mongel could probably knock him over, Livewire could probably drain him like a battery, Doomsday absolutely destroys him, General zod has the exact same powers as Supes and could probably melt him using heat vision, Bizarro justs runs right through him, Braniac shuts him down, and DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON DARKSEID.
#11 Edited by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@Rainy: Trust me, The Iron Giant dies before both of them. Mongel could probably knock him over, Livewire could probably drain him like a battery, Doomsday absolutely destroys him, General zod has the exact same powers as Supes and could probably melt him using heat vision, Bizarro justs runs right through him, Braniac shuts him down, and DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON DARKSEID.

Well I thought Iron Giant can just grab Mongul and BFR him to the sun, and I thought Super Girl and Krypto can help the giant beat Live Wire, Doomsday can get disintegrated by the giants anti matter gun, Bizzaro probably beats the Giant but I don't see Zod melting him after the giant took a nuke at point blank range and have his pieces than fall back to orbit resisting friction and than hitting the ground and remaining unscathed. the others like Darkseid and Braniac I think would beat him however I don't think the giant can be hacked.

#12 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11652 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rainy said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@Rainy: Trust me, The Iron Giant dies before both of them. Mongel could probably knock him over, Livewire could probably drain him like a battery, Doomsday absolutely destroys him, General zod has the exact same powers as Supes and could probably melt him using heat vision, Bizarro justs runs right through him, Braniac shuts him down, and DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON DARKSEID.

Well I thought Iron Giant can just grab Mongul and BFR him to the sun, and I thought Super Girl and Krypto can help the giant beat Live Wire, Doomsday can get disintegrated by the giants anti matter gun, Bizzaro probably beats the Giant but I don't see Zod melting him after the giant took a nuke at point blank range and have his pieces than fall back to orbit resisting friction and than hitting the ground and remaining unscathed. the others like Darkseid and Braniac I think would beat him however I don't think the giant can be hacked.

Mongul thing maybe, and kryptonian heat vision >>> Nuke.

Brainiac is a being with a 11th level intellect I believe and has hacked more advanced technologies, The anti-matter gun I'm going to have to see for myself(I haven't seen the movie in forever.) and I'm glad we agree on Darkseid. 

But for real most of these villains have the strength to rip him apart and throw him into the sun. 
#13 Posted by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@Rainy said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

Mongul thing maybe, and kryptonian heat vision >>> Nuke.

Brainiac is a being with a 11th level intellect I believe and has hacked more advanced technologies, The anti-matter gun I'm going to have to see for myself(I haven't seen the movie in forever.) and I'm glad we agree on Darkseid. But for real most of these villains have the strength to rip him apart and throw him into the sun.

I don't know if the heat will instantly melt him though he's pretty dang durable it'll probably melt it but I think it would take a while, the reason I think braniac can't hack the giant because he seems to human like >.> and inferior to Braniac level of technology, I have a respect thread showing the anti matter gun and other feats http://copycatforums.freeforums.org/iron-giant-respect-thread-t61.html

P.S they can do that but it'll be hard to throw him all the way to the sun cause he's pretty heavy and also he could fly.

#14 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11652 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rainy: Machine's still a machine. Indigo was a machine full of emotions and Brainiac hacked her and turned her back into Brainiac 8. I can't see the respect thread right now but I can look at it later. Also they are stronger than you give them credit fork, Zod could probably toss him like a human can toss a rock. (A small rock too.) I think you're severely underestimating Supes villains they're his villains for a reason and all of them I think are in 100+ ton strength class.
#15 Edited by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@Rainy: Machine's still a machine. Indigo was a machine full of emotions and Brainiac hacked her and turned her back into Brainiac 8. I can't see the respect thread right now but I can look at it later. Also they are stronger than you give them credit fork, Zod could probably toss him like a human can toss a rock. (A small rock too.) I think you're severely underestimating Supes villains they're his villains for a reason and all of them I think are in 100+ ton strength class.

I know they are in 100 ton strength but I think the Iron Giant is too, and it's still pretty impressive that the giant took a nuke at point black and remained unscathed.

#16 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11652 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rainy: Really? What's his biggest strength feat?
#17 Posted by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

Pretty much breaking off giant at least 50 ft trees just by walking into them and lifting large boulders like they were marbles, however he has more destruction and durability feats than strength.

#18 Posted by Lvenger (19237 posts) - - Show Bio

Metallo probably could destroy the Iron Giant but everyone from Round 3 onwards can definitely own the giant. Superman made a poor choice in making him the temporary defender of Metropolis.

#19 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11652 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rainy said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

Pretty much breaking off giant at least 50 ft trees just by walking into them and lifting large boulders like they were marbles, however he has more destruction and durability feats than strength.

Those feats do not put him at their strength level. They have all done more impressive feats of strength, Superman just by using his breath could do all that you just mentioned.

#20 Edited by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@Rainy said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

Those feats do not put him at their strength level. They have all done more impressive feats of strength, Superman just by using his breath could do all that you just mentioned.

Thing is he only uses a fraction of his strength, and some trees can hold several thousands gallons of water making them weigh almost a hundred tons that's why I put him in the hundred ton range.

I also really doubt Dooms Day can stomp the giant casually, his metal is virtually indestructible and in invader mode all the dents he has are repaired instantly, this is a robot that can generate enough force to launch all the water in a lake out of its crater,tank a nuke at point blank,survive orbital drops,tank battle ships bullets ect,

#21 Posted by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Metallo probably could destroy the Iron Giant but everyone from Round 3 onwards can definitely own the giant. Superman made a poor choice in making him the temporary defender of Metropolis.

What If I make it post DCNU? and remove Braniac and Darkseid?

#22 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9185 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lvenger said:

Think Iron Giant can take on Metallo, especially with his alien weaponry.  

#23 Posted by Lvenger (19237 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rainy: I was assuming you meant post DCNU versions. Aside from Metallo, Brainiac and Darkseid, none of your villains listed have shown up in the New 52 so can't be used due to the fact they have no feats. Oh and post DCNU versions still stomp for sure.

• Mongul is as strong as Superman so could easily tear the giant apart without assistance
  • Livewire could probably possess the giant and force him to destroy himself
  • Doomsday can tear the giant apart no problem. The giant has nothing that can hurt Doomsday. The giant can't even beat Doomsday once.
  • Zod has all of Superman's powers and abilities and is more ruthless so tears the giant apart quickly.
  • Bizarro is as strong and fast as Superman so wins here as well.
  • And Brainiac and Darkseid can beat the Giant for certain.
#24 Posted by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaDynasty said:

@Lvenger said:

Think Iron Giant can take on Metallo, especially with his alien weaponry.

I think Iron Giant would make a great temporary replacement he only has to worry about the high tiers, mid tier villians he can beat especially with super girl and krypto helping him.

besides it was awesome when he says superman at the end of the movie, he could always just grab dooms day and sacrifice himself bfr'ing each other to the sun :(

#25 Posted by Lvenger (19237 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaDynasty: Hey I loved the Iron Giant movie. One of the best films of my childhood. And I said probably. It depends on the version. Now that you've reminded me of the film, the giant might beat Metallo. But that's as far as he's getting.

#26 Posted by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Rainy: I was assuming you meant post DCNU versions. Aside from Metallo, Brainiac and Darkseid, none of your villains listed have shown up in the New 52 so can't be used due to the fact they have no feats. Oh and post DCNU versions still stomp for sure.

• Mongul is as strong as Superman so could easily tear the giant apart without assistance
  • Livewire could probably possess the giant and force him to destroy himself
  • Doomsday can tear the giant apart no problem. The giant has nothing that can hurt Doomsday. The giant can't even beat Doomsday once.
  • Zod has all of Superman's powers and abilities and is more ruthless so tears the giant apart quickly.
  • Bizarro is as strong and fast as Superman so wins here as well.
  • And Brainiac and Darkseid can beat the Giant for certain.

1. The giant is not going to just stand there though he could just take out his laser and blast him into ashes

2.True but I don't think she can posses him because it looks like the giant runs on a nuclear reactor or something defiantly not electricity some other power source it has to be.

3.That's if dooms day can speed blitz the giant, the giant can just smash him deep into the ground so he won't have any leverage to move his arms and get out

4.True I think the giants only change is charging his nuke gun

5.No doubt about it the only possible way for him to win is to grab them both and bfr them into a sun or black whole which is highly unlikely.

#27 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9185 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lvenger said:

@OmegaDynasty: Hey I loved the Iron Giant movie. One of the best films of my childhood. And I said probably. It depends on the version. Now that you've reminded me of the film, the giant might beat Metallo. But that's as far as he's getting.

Alright, well there was part of scene that is missing. Which is the giant energy orb he shot at the battleship. 
That was rather impressive, then the fact that he managed to survive a nuclear explosion..even though he had to put himself back together .
#28 Posted by Lvenger (19237 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rainy:

1. The giant never really used any of his more powerful weapons in the film so the feats for that are unclear. Mongul does have feats though of being able to hurt Superman, both via his strength or via his chest laser. So I doubt the giant will be able to handle him.

2. Fair enough. That's a third villain who the giant can beat. He doesn't reach her though due to losing to Mongul.

3. Really? That's a poor answer. Doomsday doesn't need to speedblitz the giant (he can't anyway) and he's survived far more powerful attacks than whatever the giant can throw at him. There's no way the giant can beat him. Besides he can just oh I don't know, get up out of the ground like he has in the past when vastly more powerful beings have put him down there.

4. Zod and Bizarro can speedblitz the giant, incinerate him or just tear him apart slowly. Charge attacks leave combatants vulnerable.

5. Brainiac is a 12th level intellect and Darkseid is one of the most powerful beings in the DCU. They aren't getting BFRed, they take the giant out oh so easily.

#29 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11652 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Rainy:

Really? That's a poor answer. Doomsday doesn't need to speedblitz the giant (he can't anyway) and he's survived far more powerful attacks than whatever the giant can throw at him. There's no way the giant can beat him. Besides he can just oh I don't know, get up out of the ground like he has in the past when vastly more powerful beings have put him down there.

I recall him speedblitzing an alpha lantern. But this was during the reign of doomsday arc.

#30 Edited by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Rainy:

1. The giant never really used any of his more powerful weapons in the film so the feats for that are unclear. Mongul does have feats though of being able to hurt Superman, both via his strength or via his chest laser. So I doubt the giant will be able to handle him.

2. Fair enough. That's a third villain who the giant can beat. He doesn't reach her though due to losing to Mongul.

3. Really? That's a poor answer. Doomsday doesn't need to speedblitz the giant (he can't anyway) and he's survived far more powerful attacks than whatever the giant can throw at him. There's no way the giant can beat him. Besides he can just oh I don't know, get up out of the ground like he has in the past when vastly more powerful beings have put him down there.

4. Zod and Bizarro can speedblitz the giant, incinerate him or just tear him apart slowly. Charge attacks leave combatants vulnerable.

5. Brainiac is a 12th level intellect and Darkseid is one of the most powerful beings in the DCU. They aren't getting BFRed, they take the giant out oh so easily.

1.Well he does have that anti matter gun which would beat/kill mongul

3. It does make sense because if he can't move his arms to push/climb his way out he'll be incapacitated

4.Well the Giant can use his laser vision to pin them down while supergirl gets the gun to transport Zod into the negative zone or she can get a kryptonite proof suit and use kyptonize on Zod while the giant distracts him

5.I said IF the Iron Giant had the chance to do so that may defeat/kill them.

#31 Posted by Lvenger (19237 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rainy:

1. What exactly does this anti matter gun do? Because depending on which version of Mongul the giant is fighting, Mongul also possesses several Qwardian power rings. Which would be able to deflect the anti matter gun blast easily.

2. ....

3. That tactic isn't going to work on DD. If the giant tries it, Doomsday will just rip his hand/arm off. And he could just break out of the ground if by chance the giant managed it. He's stronger than Superman and Superman would tear the giant apart in a fight.

4. He'd have to calculate that laser vision would be the best way to stop them by which time Zod and Bizarro would have one shotted the giant easily.

5. Which is extremely unlikely. Besides Brainiac could calculate some way to get out of the giant's grasp and Darkseid would just incinerate the giant for trying such a tactic. BFR wouldn't work because the giant wouldn't be able to get either of them to the sun before being destroyed.

#32 Posted by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Rainy:

1. What exactly does this anti matter gun do? Because depending on which version of Mongul the giant is fighting, Mongul also possesses several Qwardian power rings. Which would be able to deflect the anti matter gun blast easily.

2. ....

3. That tactic isn't going to work on DD. If the giant tries it, Doomsday will just rip his hand/arm off. And he could just break out of the ground if by chance the giant managed it. He's stronger than Superman and Superman would tear the giant apart in a fight.

4. He'd have to calculate that laser vision would be the best way to stop them by which time Zod and Bizarro would have one shotted the giant easily.

5. Which is extremely unlikely. Besides Brainiac could calculate some way to get out of the giant's grasp and Darkseid would just incinerate the giant for trying such a tactic. BFR wouldn't work because the giant wouldn't be able to get either of them to the sun before being destroyed.

A green orb consume the target and destroys all the matter and explodes into a green mist of energy

3. It may if he can grab him in the right position

4.No not really he just does that to aim he can just fire it, besides that give enough time for super girl to get the right equipment to help beat them.

5.Well I think Iron Giant can beat Braniac is he does not get reprogrammed.

#33 Posted by Lvenger (19237 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rainy:

1. Despite the fact it's still dubious as to whether that could kill Mongul, wouldn't Superman have instructed the giant not use lethal force in the protection of Metropolis?

2. ......

3. Which is highly unlikely as Doomsday has defeated far more powerful beings than the giant. That tactic can't and wouldn't work against Doomsday.

4. I thought Supergirl and the others were "respecting Iron Giant's authority" as you put it. Meaning he goes up against the threats first alone without any back up. Thus both Zod and Bizarro turn him into scrap easily given that they're as powerful as Superman without the morals.

5. Brainiac has reprogrammed far more complicated things than the giant. If he miraculously made it this far, Brainiac turns him into his latest servant.

#34 Posted by Lets_Roll (13 posts) - - Show Bio

iron giants would be better.

#35 Posted by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Rainy:

1. Despite the fact it's still dubious as to whether that could kill Mongul, wouldn't Superman have instructed the giant not use lethal force in the protection of Metropolis?

2. ......

3. Which is highly unlikely as Doomsday has defeated far more powerful beings than the giant. That tactic can't and wouldn't work against Doomsday.

4. I thought Supergirl and the others were "respecting Iron Giant's authority" as you put it. Meaning he goes up against the threats first alone without any back up. Thus both Zod and Bizarro turn him into scrap easily given that they're as powerful as Superman without the morals.

5. Brainiac has reprogrammed far more complicated things than the giant. If he miraculously made it this far, Brainiac turns him into his latest servant.

1. Well does mongul have any anti matter feats? superman would use lethal force on his high tier enemies

3.Than he wins via bfr

4.Yes until he needs help, it that scenario he does need help

5. Can branica reprogram a toaster.

#36 Posted by Lvenger (19237 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rainy:

1. You still haven't specified which version of Mongul the giant is fighting

2. ...

3. Which he won't get a chance to do because DD turns him into scrap given that he never holds back in a fight.

4. Whilst Supergirl and Superboy stand a chance of beating Bizarro and Zod, the giant does not. He's not durable enough to withstand a Kryptonian strength level onslaught.

5. He's reprogrammed far more complicated things than a toaster. Hacking the giant would be child's play.

#37 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

#38 Posted by Lvenger (19237 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001: The giant could probably beat Livewire but he doesn't get there due to losing to Mongul in Round 3.

#39 Posted by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Rainy:

2. ...

3. Which he won't get a chance to do because DD turns him into scrap given that he never holds back in a fight.

4. Whilst Supergirl and Superboy stand a chance of beating Bizarro and Zod, the giant does not. He's not durable enough to withstand a Kryptonian strength level onslaught.

5. He's reprogrammed far more complicated things than a toaster. Hacking the giant would be child's play.

1.Post DCNU cause I know supermans enemies are pretty tough

3. I don't know the Iron Giant is not literally made out of Iron he can travel through space and survive the impact of falling from orbit into the ocean unscathed that's pretty dam tough he should at least survive a few dozen hits

4.Yah I know poor giant doesn't stand a chance against them that's why he'll need their help he can distract them long enough for supergirl to catch them off guard, than the giant can put himself back together and eat metal to fix his wounds

5.I know but has he ever reprogrammed something so technologically inferior to him? I mean can he hack something that's so far behind him in a technological level?

#40 Posted by TheSpiritStalker (2054 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg Superman

#41 Posted by Lvenger (19237 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rainy said:

@Lvenger said:

@Rainy:

2. ...

3. I don't know the Iron Giant is not literally made out of Iron he can travel through space and survive the impact of falling from orbit into the ocean unscathed that's pretty dam tough he should at least survive a few dozen hits

4.Yah I know poor giant doesn't stand a chance against them that's why he'll need their help he can distract them long enough for supergirl to catch them off guard, than the giant can put himself back together and eat metal to fix his wounds

5.I know but has he ever reprogrammed something so technologically inferior to him? I mean can he hack something that's so far behind him in a technological level?

1. Well Toyman, Mongul, Livewire, Doomsday, General Zod (well Zod with powers hasn't been shown yet) and Bizarro haven't shown up in the New 52 yet. So you can't use post DCNU versions of them. As such you can only use pre New 52 versions of them. You should have thought this through before creating the thread

2. ...

3. Yes he can travel through space and survive a crash landing. Obviously he's TOO powerful for Doomsday (!) Not. Doomsday tears him apart seeing as he can beat up Superman and the heavy hitters/powerhouses of the DC Universe.

4. Eat metal to fix his wounds? I don't know whether you're trolling me or not. The giant can put himself back together but only after an extensive amount of time and he doesn't eat metal to heal himself.

5. Your logic is contradictory. If Brainiac can reprogram an advanced Metal Zero suit (since you're using post New 52 versions) then obviously he can hack a toaster. Your answers are getting poorer and poorer. Bottom line is that he can't get past Mongul. That's where he stops I'm afraid.

#42 Edited by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Rainy said:

@Lvenger said:

@Rainy:

2. ...

1. Well Toyman, Mongul, Livewire, Doomsday, General Zod (well Zod with powers hasn't been shown yet) and Bizarro haven't shown up in the New 52 yet. So you can't use post DCNU versions of them. As such you can only use pre New 52 versions of them. You should have thought this through before creating the thread

2. ...

3. Yes he can travel through space and survive a crash landing. Obviously he's TOO powerful for Doomsday (!) Not. Doomsday tears him apart seeing as he can beat up Superman and the heavy hitters/powerhouses of the DC Universe.

4. Eat metal to fix his wounds? I don't know whether you're trolling me or not. The giant can put himself back together but only after an extensive amount of time and he doesn't eat metal to heal himself.

5. Your logic is contradictory. If Brainiac can reprogram an advanced Metal Zero suit (since you're using post New 52 versions) then obviously he can hack a toaster. Your answers are getting poorer and poorer. Bottom line is that he can't get past Mongul. That's where he stops I'm afraid.

1.Than whichever versions that make it less of a stomp

3.I'm not saying he's invincible I'm saying he's not going to get ripped apart like paper since he's very durable he could survive several hits without exploding into smithereens

4. You DO not want to question my knowledge on the Iron Giant, yes eating metal seems to be what powers him which allows him to pull himself back together derrp, anyway in invader mode he healed from the bump on his head so doomsdays is going to take even longer to hurt him if the giant in constantly regenerating from the bumps dooms day is giving him.

5.Have you ever tried hacking a toaster? you can't because it has nothing to hack which is the same thing with the Iron Giant he has no electronic parts from what we seen any electronic parts would have been damaged from him falling in the planet from orbit and especially after tanking a nuke to his face.

#43 Posted by Lvenger (19237 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rainy:

1. How generic. Changing the conditions of the battle to suit the Iron Giant. And you still haven't specified e.g Silver Age or Modern Age Incarnations

2. ...

3. Yes he is. There's nothing to suggest Doomsday can't rip him apart given his past showings. He broke Superman's arm, a giant robot isn't cause for concern.

4. I'm afraid I do because what you've said makes no sense. Given that Superman usually takes down giant robots that cause destruction on a regular basis, Zod and Bizarro should have no problem with it either.

5. This is the only thing of your posts that seems to have a modicum of sense to it. But Brainiac is still a 12th level intellect so will have prepped for the giant. He's not winning here.

#44 Edited by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Rainy:

1. How generic. Changing the conditions of the battle to suit the Iron Giant. And you still haven't specified e.g Silver Age or Modern Age Incarnations

2. ...

3. Yes he is. There's nothing to suggest Doomsday can't rip him apart given his past showings. He broke Superman's arm, a giant robot isn't cause for concern.

4. I'm afraid I do because what you've said makes no sense. Given that Superman usually takes down giant robots that cause destruction on a regular basis, Zod and Bizarro should have no problem with it either.

5. This is the only thing of your posts that seems to have a modicum of sense to it. But Brainiac is still a 12th level intellect so will have prepped for the giant. He's not winning here.

1. I never changed the conditions I just wanted Iron Giant to stand a chance and one person said I hope your using DCNU so I decided to use it cause I know supermans enemies are pretty OP

3.But the Iron Giant has no bones at best he can bend it and break him apart but I don't think he's shown anything to be capable of taking down the giant permanently or preventing him from regenerating.

4.But Bizzaro is not that smart he's probably on par with the giant in intelligence he'll probably just brawl it out with the giant, Zod has a better chance at beating him because I can see him using his heat vision but even than it'll take them some time to beat the giant after all he's not your regular cannon fodder DC robot most DC robots can't survive nukes unscathed.

5.True, I just wanted to disagree that the Giant could get hacked by him.

#45 Posted by Lvenger (19237 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rainy:

1. Well which versions are you using then?

2. ...

3. Doomsday will just tear the giant apart. That's well within his strength range. And it took the giant a while to respawn.

4. And brawling it out is all that's needed to beat the giant. I don't know where you got the idea that the giant's durability is enough to withstand Superman level blows but believe me the giant isn't winning here as well.

5. So you agree with prep (which is what Brainiac will do before coming to Metropolis) the giant loses here as well?

#46 Posted by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

1. I don't know all versions of supermans enemies have different power levels, I dunno maybe he stands against animated versions or silver age comic versions?

3. But what stops the giant from regenerating again? and I know superman level attacks would pownt Iron Giant but even than I don't think superman uses planet level punching attacks every time he fights dooms day maybe the amount of a nuke in force that's why I think the giant can survive since superman would have destroyed the planet if he was using more than that.

5. Yah Braniac wins he'll just capture the Iron Giant and BFR him into a sun or black whole or use anti matter on him or something.

#47 Posted by BeaverSauce (431 posts) - - Show Bio

giant get turned into scrap metal. He no better than a sentinel.

#48 Posted by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@BeaverSauce said:

giant get turned into scrap metal. He no better than a sentinel.

DAM you sure hate the Iron Giant

Tell me when a sentinel took a nuke to the face and than fell from orbit landing on earth and remaining unscathed?

stop being a underrating jerk.