Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By difficlus
@Wyldsong said:
@difficlus said:
@SlimJ87D: there's something i've always wondered. people with super reflexes. how fast would they have to be for someone like iron fist to dodge them? say from a handgun or assault rifle? 
I missed this somehow=P  Not sure on exact speeds...but we have feats of Danny avoiding point blank shots from handguns to assault rifles, and he is at least fast enough to keep up with Spidey in hand to hand, and he was even able to tag and take down a speedster (after taking some hits mind you) during his pre-upgrade era using some speed and tactics.  So he can dodge some pretty fast speeds.
thanks, i thought i was been ignored 
=p
Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlimJ87D said:

@Super_SoldierXII:  The point striking system isn't taking into account Wolverine having access to %66.66 of his abilities.  You'r giving points on who struck more and accomplished more when you're not taking into account that if Wolverine didn't have his healing factor, fast recover and adamantium, would he have reacted the same when he was damaged? Would he have been able to block all those blows of the strike from Iron Fist behind the head hurt him much more than it did? No, the point system doesn't take into consideration of those factors.    My points:True. Wolverine bested Iron Fist with a handicap. False. Wolverine is a better H2H combatant because of the spar.  That's all I'm trying to say. 

I understand those points. We just completely disagree as to their import in a sparring match.  Which is to say, I doubt Wolverine`s level of durability has any impact in a short tit for tat match like that. Because it is obvious neither were hitting to hurt to begin with, making Wolverine`s superior durability a non issue. Again, in my opinion. Why is it obvious neither were hitting to hurt you ask? Why is this more than mere speculation IMO? You said it yourself, Wolverine is an enhanced mutant with adamantium lining his knuckles. He hits, PIS off, and the peak human in question should go nighty night. Roughouse, a 70 tonner, did. 

That is one very good reason to believe they were simply sparring. Full contact, but sparring nonetheless without bad intentions. Another very plausible, non-speculative reason to believe durability a non-issue is that they are both teammates and friends and were not taking things too seriously and, again, not trying to knock each other`s heads off. I still think Wolverine is on Iron Fist's martial level. Not because of this sparring match, but because of accumulative feats, because Marvel canon holds him as such, and because I've always believed that was so... before the silly little sparring match in question. 

Do I think Logan is better than Iron Fist because of this match? No. I do not. Do I think it shows he is in the same martial league as Iron Fist? Yes... I think it goes a ways to show Wolverine is indeed on that level of martial capability.

As an aside, I don't know how you come up with the number 66.66% (devil thang?) but Wolverine's healing factor and adamantium do not define nearly 3/4 of his abilities IMO. Enhanced senses, martial ability, physical enhancements, stealth, combat training and experience etc. etc. etc. go farther to define what Logan is regardless of the writer of the month choosing to focus almost exclusively on his durability to promote blood and gore, cheap thrills and kicks... 

In any case, I think by and large we agree on the principle points but disagree on the definition of 'sparring' and what was taking place, fundamentally, in that little match.
Avatar image for chomponthis12589
ChompOnThis12589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nitric said:

They Both Have Healing, But Wolverine's Is Better

They Both Have Incredible Fighting Skills, But Iron Fist's Are Better

They Both Have Insane Stamina, But Wolverine Also Is Higher In That Aspect

Wolverine Had Adamantium Claws, Iron Fist Can Utilize His Chi In Hundreds Of Different Ways.

If It Was A Judged Match, I Say Iron Fist. If It Was To The Death, Wolverine Of Course.

Totally agree with Nitric. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I Go with Wolverine. Rand and him will trade and Rand may even inflicy some heavy damage on Wolverine but i think wolverine gets a couple good shots on him and its game over.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

meh

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#206  Edited By Stronger

If its,Wolverine has already beaten Iron Fist.

If they have all their powers,it can go either way.

JackRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By JackRock

my money on wolverine

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#208  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

Iron Fist.

AngelicPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By AngelicPhoenix

In the new avengers they sparred and agreed to no powers and wolverine put a hella whippin on I.f...everyone else was watching and just enjoying the match.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#210  Edited By Saren

@AngelicPhoenix said:

In the new avengers they sparred and agreed to no powers and wolverine put a hella whippin on I.f...everyone else was watching and just enjoying the match.

Sparring matches are hardly proof of anything; if they were then Black Canary has beaten Wonder Woman.

Danny wins.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#211  Edited By TheCannon

Wolverine.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By slimj87d

@AngelicPhoenix said:

Did you not read this whole thread? It was a sparring match and Wolverine has powers that he can't turn of like I don't know... A healing factor and adamantium skeleton that's on 24/7?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#213  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Danny.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By RyuHayabusa

Iron Fist

weaponx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By weaponx7

Wolverine.

Proof :

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#216  Edited By Strider1992

@weaponx7: That only proves Wolverine is superior to someone in H2H who doesn't have an adimantium skeleton or a healing factor. That was a sparing match where they agreed not to use their powers, problem is Wolverines HF and adimantium skeleton are passive abilites. If Iron Fist was allowed his chi punches he'd probably BFR Wolverine with one direct hit. Those punches have KO'd Ragnarock and thrown Skaar (Hulks son) off his feet.

Both going all out Iron Fist has this.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Morpheus_ said:

Iron Fist.

sgu823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By sgu823

@Strider92: Yes, because Healing Factor plays such a HUGE role in non-lethal hand to hand combat practice. So what if Iron Fist's punch can BFR Wolverine if it lands? Iron Fist didn't land any punches in this match, not that he didn't try mind you. If that last hit were claws out, Iron Fist would have DIED. The whole point of that match was to see who could land a potentially lethal blow first, without actually seriously hurting the other person and Wolverine won. I'm not saying Iron Fist can't beat Wolverine but Wolverine clearly has the advantage in this fight.

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Fist would win this fight. He is faster and his IF is powerful enough to hurt Skaar and punch through a helicarrier. He has shown suffiant speed to casually dodge bullets and his chi augmentation takes his physical and mental capabilities to superhuman levels, gives him heightened awareness and senses to help him predicts attacks, and allows him to heal his body almost unconsciously. He also has long range attacks which he can use to his advantage since wolverine has none.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#220  Edited By Wolverine008

If Iron Fist is going all out with Chi, I'll definitely give him the majority here.

If he doesn't use Chi, the fight will end up like their famous sparring match.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If Iron Fist is going all out with Chi, I'll definitely give him the majority here.

If he doesn't use Chi, the fight will end up like their famous sparring match.

Or their first encounter....

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By jashro44

Just 2 things about there past fights:

1. There first fight took place before wolverine was well established. At this point he wasn't a martial artist. So wolverine has changed significantly since then.
  2. As for there sparring match we have to keep in mind it was just a spar and not a serious fight. Not to mention it was written by Bendis. Bendis is horrible when it comes to power levels. I don't doubt that wolverines skill is comparable to iron fist in terms of skill but considering Bendis' track record with consistency I wouldn't take much away from it.

That said I am going with iron fist for a very slight majority. I think it comes down to who lands the first blow first and due to the way wolverine fights I think Danny will land the first blow. Its close though and a good case can be made either way.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Fist has the ability to knock Skaar on his !@#, destroy Helicarrier in a single punch, and destroy an oncoming train filled with explosives in a single punch. I would say he has to fire power to KO Wolverine. Now we look at skill, I would say both are pretty skilled, probably fairly equal. Both have amazing speed, with Iron Fist able to catch bullets out of the air. In their fights, his fist have been able to withstand Wolverine's claws, grant it, at the time he said he won't be able to for long, but his powers have greatly increased since then, and Wolverine's claws have remained the same. I say Iron Fist 6 out 10.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Just one comment but it should be noted that when iron fist hit skaar it was later revealed that Skaar was a double agent. So Skaar was probably not fighting back.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@cable_extreme: Just one comment but it should be noted that when iron fist hit skaar it was later revealed that Skaar was a double agent. So Skaar was probably not fighting back.

So you're implying that he let Iron Fist hit him, and flew back without resisting?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

So you're implying that he let Iron Fist hit him, and flew back without resisting?

Yes. Its possible.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@jashro44 said:

Yes. Its possible.

Okay, though the Helicarrier and train feats are still at a level that can KO Wolverine.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: I can agree with that. Especially considering Iron fist knows where to hit to make his blows most effective.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Cable_Extreme

I thought this would be fun to bring up.

No Caption Provided

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron fist wins. His iron fist can probably KO wolverine + the fact he has range attacks and can augment his physical status with his chi

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#231 vance_astro  Moderator
@stefano said:

Iron fist wins. His iron fist can probably KO wolverine + the fact he has range attacks and can augment his physical status with his chi

Wolverine is just as capable of KO'ing Iron Fist and killing him for that matter.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Wolverine008

50-50. All about which one gets the first hit.

lombard240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about iron fist's 'black black death touch'

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Fist fists Wolvies ass so bad that even Daken will feel bad for him.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Danny that much faster when chi amped?

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron-fist.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: He hits speeds somewhat comparable to Spider-Man's while chi amped.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I gotta say, I'm not impressed with that. Dude can amp his strength to one-shot carriers but his speed is Spider-Man's level :(

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By comic_book_fan

wolverine wins iron fist will get tired first and iron fist would be lucky to knockout wolverine it's possible but not a guaranty but if wolverine hits fist with his claws in the head neck or stomach iron fist is done.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: I agree. But since Danny can use his chi to increase his speed and reflexes I think he would be able to hit him first. IF also has ranged attacks that he can dish out on wolverine until he sees a good opening

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#242 vance_astro  Moderator

@stefano said:

@vance_astro: I agree. But since Danny can use his chi to increase his speed and reflexes I think he would be able to hit him first.

I don't think Iron Fist is that much faster than Wolverine and even if he does get the "first" hit, he's not going to KO Wolverine in one blow.

@stefano said:

IF also has ranged attacks that he can dish out on wolverine until he sees a good opening

Ranged attacks he uses pretty much never. Ranged attacks that are also avoidable by someone as skilled and as fast as Wolverine.

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Hollow_Point

im going with Iron Fist

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rand. Wolverine won't go for a kill so all those saying "Ooo it only takes one good hit from Logan to end Rand." forget about it.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By cdiddyman911

Danny

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thomas

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rand. Wolverine won't go for a kill so all those saying "Ooo it only takes one good hit from Logan to end Rand." forget about it.

Conversely, why would an in character Rand let loose on a friend like Wolverine? And Wolverine has stabbed people without killing them before.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 The fact that Logan left the X-Men and is now a villain?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers