#1 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Human martial artist vs Inhuman martial artist

#2 Posted by High Revolutionary (3166 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have to go with Iron Fist.

#3 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

I would go with Karnak. Reason being is.. Karnak is physically superior in every way except immune system. He is a revered fighter amongst a nation of transformed warriors and has greater diversity of opponent, and besides all that he ain't gotta waste time trying to figure out how best to hurt his opponent because it is extremely evident from the offset.

The only reason Karnak hasn't been a greater factor in Marvel is because of the favoritism other characters have garnered and maybe the shortsightedness of the creative teams. Because with his powerset he should have a much greater effect on the situations he is in.

#4 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I think either one could conceivably end the fight with one solid blow. And while Karnak begins the fight better than Iron Fist, can't Danny (I'm not an IF fan so correct me if I'm wrong) use his chi to increase his physical abilities? I think Karnak wins because he's naturally better than Iron Fist, and even if he can better himself to stand up to Karnak, that's effort and energy he's expending just to match him, while Karnak is just fighting normally. If IF can't use his chi like that, then it's really not a question of who wins.

#5 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

danny

#6 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

iron fist

#7 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron First.

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist is just better.....

#9 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Karnak can't even beat Black Panther. Take that how you want to take it.

#10 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10313 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist for the win. I think Black Panther beat him twice IIRC, with the second fight being an embarrassing one-shot KO.

#11 Posted by Bright_Blade (238 posts) - - Show Bio

No one on here ever seems to vote against Iron Fist in any match.

I'm going with Karnak here.

#12 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bright_Blade said:

Interesting. How does he win?

#13 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bright_Blade said:

Someone missed the Darth Maul vs Iron Fist thread. :P

#14 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: LOL

#15 Posted by eatmore_payless (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

If Karnak can destroy a helicarrier then my vote is at him

#16 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@eatmore_payless: LOL.

#17 Posted by Bright_Blade (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

@Bright_Blade said:

Both could feasibly win, however I think the majority goes to Karnak.

Both could one shot the other. However, that's actually Karnak's thing. Which is the reason Black Panther never let Karnak hit him. I don't believe Danny has any prior knowledge of this ability, and would therefore not be on guard against it. Danny usually fight's human to low level metas without pulling out helicarrier busting chi attacks. Furthermore, Danny has almost never been written as untaggable in his matches. Wolverine, daredevil, Captain America and Nightcrawlwer have all tagged him.

The fight would most likely play out with Iron Fist tagging/dodging Karnak convincingly until Karnak gets one hit in and...no more Danny. Of course, there's always the chance that Danny will go all out from the start, but I've actually never seen this happen so I'm thinking...

Karnak wins 8/10

#18 Edited by Bright_Blade (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@Bright_Blade said:

Someone missed the Darth Maul vs Iron Fist thread. :P

That's a spite thread. I ment against opponents within his range. I simply think people are giving him more credit than his actual showings dictate. There's a thread where everybody voted that he could kill the entire Bat-family one after the other. Casually one shotting all of them like they're cannon fodder goons, and emerge without a scratch on him in the end.

#19 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bright_Blade:

Yup that about sums up my reasoning. Marvel actually did a ranking of it's greatest martial artist in their latest encyclopedia thingy. Both Danny/Karnak are top ranked fighters so this could go either way, but like you said, Karnak's unique abilities would give him the lion's share of the bouts.

#20 Posted by eatmore_payless (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bright_Blade said:

@Static Shock said:

@Bright_Blade said:

Both could one shot the other. However, that's actually Karnak's thing. Which is the reason Black Panther never let Karnak hit him. I don't believe Danny has any prior knowledge of this ability, and would therefore not be on guard against it. Danny usually fight's human to low level metas without pulling out helicarrier busting chi attacks. Furthermore, Danny has almost never been written as untaggable in his matches. Wolverine, daredevil, Captain America and Nightcrawlwer have all tagged him.

The fight would most likely play out with Iron Fist tagging/dodging Karnak convincingly until Karnak gets one hit in and...no more Danny. Of course, there's always the chance that Danny will go all out from the start, but I've actually never seen this happen so I'm thinking...

Karnak wins 8/10

Yeah Black Panther was dodging Karnaks blows but why didn't Karnak, take it to the next level for him to able hit Black Panther in the first place, that means Karnak still lacks the Martial art ability, cuz Black Panther totally mopped the floor with him.

its because Danny knows that he can stand all of their attacks, so thats why he never even bother to dodge.

And if Danny decided to go all out, he will just use his Chi and increase his durability to withstand Karnaks attack. Or he could just blow up some Helicarriers

#21 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bright_Blade said:

Both could one shot the other. However, that's actually Karnak's thing. Which is the reason Black Panther never let Karnak hit him.

In Black Panther's first attempt at fighting Karnak, which was back in the 60's, T'Challa didn't have any prior knowledge of Karnak's ability to exploit weak points. Yet, he didn't let himself get tagged. I don't see why Iron Fist would let himself get tagged for the same reason.

As far as one-shotting people, Iron Fist has a history of it, too. So, it's not just Karnak's thing. Ask Warhawk, Sabretooth, Mr. X, Hercules, and Luke Cage. They have all been one-shotted by Iron Fist. Karnak's ability to one-shot only extends to inanimate objects. Doesn't really mean much in a real fight if he can't tag his opponent.

@Bright_Blade said:

Danny usually fight's human to low level metas without pulling out helicarrier busting chi attacks. Furthermore, Danny has almost never been written as untaggable in his matches. Wolverine, daredevil, Captain America and Nightcrawlwer have all tagged him.

Danny has also fought superhuman characters, too, like Fat Cobra, the Iron Fist Killer (Iron Fist knocked his head off), and so on. He has even fought people with Iron Fist powers like his own (Davos, most notably). Black Panther has been tagged before on several occasions, too. Two of the characters you named (Daredevil and Captain America) have successfully tagged T'Challa. But, Karnak failed to do it. I see no reason why Iron Fist wouldn't be on guard here.

@Bright_Blade said:

The fight would most likely play out with Iron Fist tagging/dodging Karnak convincingly until Karnak gets one hit in and...no more Danny.

The issue is that Iron Fist is better skilled and arguably faster Karnak. The fight would be just like this, but the only issue is that Karnak will more than likely get no hits in and end up getting one-shotted for the third time against a different person. What's even more likely is Karnak revealing his ability to break things. He's does that often, giving Iron Fist all the more reason to stay out of the way.

@Bright_Blade said:

Karnak wins 8/10

Pretty bold statement. I see it differently.

#22 Posted by Bright_Blade (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@eatmore_payless said:

@Bright_Blade said:

@Static Shock said:

@Bright_Blade said:

Karnak wins 8/10

Yeah Black Panther was dodging Karnaks blows but why didn't Karnak, take it to the next level for him to able hit Black Panther in the first place, that means Karnak still lacks the Martial art ability, cuz Black Panther totally mopped the floor with him.

its because Danny knows that he can stand all of their attacks, so thats why he never even bother to dodge.

And if Danny decided to go all out, he will just use his Chi and increase his durability to withstand Karnaks attack. Or he could just blow up some Helicarriers

If Danny uses his chi to increase his durability, thinking it will help him against one of Karnaks attacks...he will die. Karnak can shatter diamond with ease, and harm actual super-humans. Karnak could probably look at a Helicarrier and know just where to hit to make it go boom. It's part of his ability.

#23 Posted by God_Spawn (37685 posts) - - Show Bio

Diamonds don't fight back.

#24 Posted by eatmore_payless (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

exactly

#25 Posted by Bright_Blade (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock:

In Black Panther's first attempt at fighting Karnak, which was back in the 60's, T'Challa didn't have any prior knowledge of Karnak's ability to exploit weak points. Yet, he didn't let himself get tagged. I don't see why Iron Fist would let himself get tagged for the same reason.

If I remember that fight correctly, Karnak literally told Black Panther about his ability as he was running at him. So yes, T'Challa did have knowledge of his ability.

#26 Posted by Lion_Heart22 (446 posts) - - Show Bio

The Immortal Iron Fist

#27 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bright_Blade said:

If I remember that fight correctly, Karnak literally told Black Panther about his ability as he was running at him. So yes, T'Challa did have knowledge of his ability.

Yeah, my bad. I just looked at the scan. But, in any case, what makes you think Karnak wouldn't do that here? He's done it twice against Black Panther (which is pretty stupid, since he forgot that he revealed his ability in their first fight, and revealed it again in the second).

As I said in my last post, Karnak would more than likely reveal his ability against Iron Fist.

#28 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonesDeini said:

Yup that about sums up my reasoning. Marvel actually did a ranking of it's greatest martial artist in their latest encyclopedia thingy. Both Danny/Karnak are top ranked fighters so this could go either way, but like you said, Karnak's unique abilities would give him the lion's share of the bouts.

Karnak being a top-ranked fighter is very false. He has absolutely no showings outside of breaking things, and he's never been sized up against other fighters besides Black Panther, and Karnak failed to defeat him on two occasions.

In spite of what that encyclopedia said, there's nothing supporting Karnak. It's incorrect.

#29 Posted by Bright_Blade (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock: Unfortunately, you may have a point. Karnak never was the sharpest knife in the drawer. However, it's not like he reveals his ability to everyone he fights. My entire argument is based on him not being silly enough to do that again.

I will concede that if he does willingly bestow this knowledge upon Iron Fist that the fight would be largely in Danny's favor.

#30 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bright_Blade: Fair enough.

#31 Posted by Saren (25614 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

#32 Posted by God_Spawn (37685 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: This one would've probably been better.

trolol.

#33 Posted by Saren (25614 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Emma is smiling in that pic, which is all sorts of wrong.