Who wins and why?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Cable_Extreme

Guts sword is a nasty weapon that has a lot of power behind it, But in the end I see Rand's countless years of training, and amazing power behind the fist to come out on top. He has speed, chi, and amazing skill.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Jeez, I don't know. I know them both pretty well, it's a one hit thing where if either character gets a striking blow then the other is done for. Guts can strike that giant sword extremely fast. His feats suggest he strikes as subsonic levels due to people can't see what he did and the fact that he generated winds to stop a sharp whip.

It's whoever lands a strike. Iron Fist has the element of surprise since Guts knows nothing about him. But Guts has been surprised before by dozens of attacks and countered them.

I'm a big fan of both, really can't make a decision.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days  Online

Guts

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By uberhikari

@slimj87d said:

@jashro44: Jeez, I don't know. I know them both pretty well, it's a one hit thing where if either character gets a striking blow then the other is done for. Guts can strike that giant sword extremely fast. His feats suggest he strikes as subsonic levels due to people can't see what he did and the fact that he generated winds to stop a sharp whip.

It's whoever lands a strike. Iron Fist has the element of surprise since Guts knows nothing about him. But Guts has been surprised before by dozens of attacks and countered them.

I'm a big fan of both, really can't make a decision.

Isn't Iron Fist faster than Guts? I thought Iron Fist was at least supersonic+; Guts is nowhere near that fast. Plus Guts's striking strength is WAY less than Iron Fist's and I don't think Guts is durable enough to take multiple blows from Iron Fist. Due to Guts's damage/pain soak he'll be able to take a couple but that's about it.

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny can end this with one punch.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari:

When he fought Zodd, Rickert in the Japanese translation said he couldn't see their sword strikes.

When he fought the Kushin prince, the Kushin prince had these whip like weapons that created a thunder crackling sound I believe. THis is comparable to a bulls whip. THe bulls whip is the first thing man created that can break the sound barrier, that cracking sound is a tiny sonic boom. Well Guts readied his sword, and right when they were about to hit him, he swung his sword so fast a giant gust of win followed at stopped each whip in its tracks. I think in order for him to swing his sword that fast to stop anything in motion he would have to swing his sword at incredible speeds.

Also, by my memory when he fought Serpico, a roof was collapsing on guts and debris was inches away from his head while his sword was in front of him. Well he arced his sword back and then stopped the debris from hitting him almost instantly with Serpico not knowing what happened and the debris hitting him causing him to lose the fight to guts.

These are reasons for me to believe Guts swings his sword at incredible speeds. Sorry, I got to go to bed. Feel free to fact check me, I got work early tomorrow.

Iron Fist is fast enough to catch a bullet. But I don't know how long he can keep that up or if he can do he for long periods of times. If he could, he would have just blitzed and finished Mr. X or the Gorgon.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Who ever hit first

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Rand is a pretty casual bullet dodger.

Catching a bullet fired from a Sniper Rifle & Dodging a barrage of bullet fire are no problems for Danny.

He's also fully capable of catching a large number of projectiles & either redirecting them or stopping them completely.

Knives, bullets, boomerangs, and speedsters. These are all things that Iron Fist is able to combat with ease.

With dodging/agility feats such as these I feel like he's fully capable of staying out of the way of Gut's sword, and if it comes down to it his Iron Fist is stronger than that of the Sword.

Iron Fist has incredible striking power as many of us know from both the Helicarrier & Magnetic Train incidents. If one doesn't know these feats essentially Iron Fist was able to bring down the Helicarrier that S.H.I.E.L.D uses with a single punch & also tanked a speeding Magnet Train that was filled with enough explosives to " make Hiroshima seem like a sparkler " with his fist. He's also been hit by the force of a howitzer and stood his ground just fine without any cause for alarm.

Now, I'll admit I don't know a whole lot about Guts but from what I see he's an incredibly skilled swordsman. I just don't think he really has what it takes in terms of speed, durability, and striking power to go toe to toe with Iron Fist.

Nuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Why would you restrict Gutts when Iron Fist is most likely the stronger of the

two?

Iron Fist, in a landslide.

If you would want to make it fair you would have put a ridiculous amount of restrictions on Daniel.

Nuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nuffs

If Guts had the armor it would still go in Daniel's favor, he has generally better speed feats (can catch/dodge bullets fairly casually) and one Iron Fist would end the match.

It's a hell of punch, and if I remember back in the Shadowland cross-over it was able to push back a demon that was possessing Daredevil giving him back control of his body. So, it might have a similar effect with Gut's Hellhound.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jashro44

@nuffs said:

@jashro44: Why would you restrict Gutts when Iron Fist is most likely the stronger of the

two?

Iron Fist, in a landslide.

If you would want to make it fair you would have put a ridiculous amount of restrictions on Daniel.

Because Guts with the berserker armor would be too much IMO. Guts is all ready capable of swinging his sword at the speed of sound and he has better reach with his sword. I think he has a decent chance here.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers