#1 Posted by MyronLee26 (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist vs Batman in Hand-to-Hand Fighting

In this battle, I have pitted these two together to see who each of you think would win in hand-to-hand battle.

Iron Fist uses no chi.

Batman has no weapons.

Who wins?

PS. As always, Ive search for a H2H battle between these two and nothin came up. If by any chance it has, let me know.

#2 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6621 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been done.

I'd give a very slight majority to Iron Fist ... hard to call.

#3 Posted by MyronLee26 (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

It's been done.

I'd give a very slight majority to Iron Fist ... hard to call.

In only hand to hand or just a general battle thread?

#4 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know tbh.

#5 Posted by BarelyAverage (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist. Even without chi, he's done some pretty impressive things.

#6 Posted by Billdevil (433 posts) - - Show Bio

No Chi, this goes to Batman in a close fight.

#7 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist 7/10

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist 8/10

Moderator
#9 Posted by crabtree (1613 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist wins!

#10 Posted by Void_Paladin (901 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. What has Iron Fist done without chi that puts him on Bruce's level. Batman has superior stats and h2h skills.

Batman wins this.

#11 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12273 posts) - - Show Bio

Danny takes this 8/10.

#12 Posted by emperorznb (1669 posts) - - Show Bio

@Void_Paladin said:

Batman. What has Iron Fist done without chi that puts him on Bruce's level. Batman has superior stats and h2h skills.

Batman wins this.

What are you saying? Iron Fist even without chi is beyond Batman levels.

#13 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@Void_Paladin said:

Batman. What has Iron Fist done without chi that puts him on Bruce's level. Batman has superior stats and h2h skills.

Batman wins this.

His years of intense martial arts training have made him a living weapon and grant him peak physical attributes beyond those of most Olympic athletes. His strength, speed, stamina, agility and endurance are so greatly enhanced that he can dodge bullets, exert himself physically for hours, go days without sleep, break swords with his bare hands etc. Danny can also control his body's unconscious functions like heart rate, nervous system deadening himself to pain and shut out physical distractions by sheer force of will. During his training he'd cling to snowy mountains for hours without any equipment in the cold of Tibetan mountains, holding on by his fingertips. Batman had some badass training but Danny was trained all day every day by immortal mystical martial artists.
#14 Posted by SuperTide (15578 posts) - - Show Bio

IF wins a good one.

#15 Posted by ShadowKing (870 posts) - - Show Bio

How did you get the two pics so close to each other?

#16 Posted by Dex_Starr (4754 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShadowKing said:

How did you get the two pics so close to each other?

It's just one pic, he probably used Paint to crop them together.

#17 Posted by Void_Paladin (901 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorznb said:

@Void_Paladin said:

Batman. What has Iron Fist done without chi that puts him on Bruce's level. Batman has superior stats and h2h skills.

Batman wins this.

What are you saying? Iron Fist even without chi is beyond Batman levels.

How? As far as I know, without chi he's only high Olympic level. Keep in mind that were not talking about him deciding not to use certain attacks. Were talking about not having the ability at all. Meaning that he's unable to passively raise his strength/speed.

@PrinceIMC:

His years of intense martial arts training have made him a living weapon and grant him peak physical attributes beyond those of most Olympic athletes. His strength, speed, stamina, agility and endurance are so greatly enhanced that he can dodge bullets, exert himself physically for hours, go days without sleep, break swords with his bare hands etc. Danny can also control his body's unconscious functions like heart rate, nervous system deadening himself to pain and shut out physical distractions by sheer force of will. During his training he'd cling to snowy mountains for hours without any equipment in the cold of Tibetan mountains, holding on by his fingertips. Batman had some badass training but Danny was trained all day every day by immortal mystical martial artists.

There is literally nothing here that Batman cannot also accomplish. Batman has been trained since he was a child by the best martial artist in the DCU. Has Danny ever defeated anyone noteworthy without his chi?

#18 Posted by emperorznb (1669 posts) - - Show Bio

@Void_Paladin said:

@emperorznb said:

@Void_Paladin said:

Batman. What has Iron Fist done without chi that puts him on Bruce's level. Batman has superior stats and h2h skills.

Batman wins this.

What are you saying? Iron Fist even without chi is beyond Batman levels.

How? As far as I know, without chi he's only high Olympic level. Keep in mind that were not talking about him deciding not to use certain attacks. Were talking about not having the ability at all. Meaning that he's unable to passively raise his strength/speed.

@PrinceIMC:

His years of intense martial arts training have made him a living weapon and grant him peak physical attributes beyond those of most Olympic athletes. His strength, speed, stamina, agility and endurance are so greatly enhanced that he can dodge bullets, exert himself physically for hours, go days without sleep, break swords with his bare hands etc. Danny can also control his body's unconscious functions like heart rate, nervous system deadening himself to pain and shut out physical distractions by sheer force of will. During his training he'd cling to snowy mountains for hours without any equipment in the cold of Tibetan mountains, holding on by his fingertips. Batman had some badass training but Danny was trained all day every day by immortal mystical martial artists.

There is literally nothing here that Batman cannot also accomplish. Batman has been trained since he was a child by the best martial artist in the DCU. Has Danny ever defeated anyone noteworthy without his chi?

Yeah... and Batman is also olympic level. I know that we are talking about Danny without chi. It's their fighting style. Danny without chi is a master of martial arts and is a more formidable fighter. He uses his chi mostly on healing or delivering the iron fist punch but he rarely uses it to augment his physical status but even if he does, he only does it to peak human levels. Batman and Danny are both excellent acrobats so there's no question in that.

And Batman also relies on his gadgets too much...

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
@emperorznb said:

@Void_Paladin said:

@emperorznb said:

@Void_Paladin said:

Batman. What has Iron Fist done without chi that puts him on Bruce's level. Batman has superior stats and h2h skills.

Batman wins this.

What are you saying? Iron Fist even without chi is beyond Batman levels.

How? As far as I know, without chi he's only high Olympic level. Keep in mind that were not talking about him deciding not to use certain attacks. Were talking about not having the ability at all. Meaning that he's unable to passively raise his strength/speed.

@PrinceIMC:

His years of intense martial arts training have made him a living weapon and grant him peak physical attributes beyond those of most Olympic athletes. His strength, speed, stamina, agility and endurance are so greatly enhanced that he can dodge bullets, exert himself physically for hours, go days without sleep, break swords with his bare hands etc. Danny can also control his body's unconscious functions like heart rate, nervous system deadening himself to pain and shut out physical distractions by sheer force of will. During his training he'd cling to snowy mountains for hours without any equipment in the cold of Tibetan mountains, holding on by his fingertips. Batman had some badass training but Danny was trained all day every day by immortal mystical martial artists.

There is literally nothing here that Batman cannot also accomplish. Batman has been trained since he was a child by the best martial artist in the DCU. Has Danny ever defeated anyone noteworthy without his chi?

Yeah... and Batman is also olympic level. I know that we are talking about Danny without chi. It's their fighting style. Danny without chi is a master of martial arts and is a more formidable fighter. He uses his chi mostly on healing or delivering the iron fist punch but he rarely uses it to augment his physical status but even if he does, he only does it to peak human levels. Batman and Danny are both excellent acrobats so there's no question in that.

And Batman also relies on his gadgets too much...

Batman is peak human
Moderator
#20 Posted by ShadowKing (870 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dex_Starr: Oh.
#21 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist kicked a Hydra Agent through a bus. Literally from one window and out another without the use of Chi..it was in imortal iron fist when he and Orson were running for the lives beneath new york.

#22 Posted by MyronLee26 (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorznb said:

@Void_Paladin said:

@emperorznb said:

@Void_Paladin said:

Batman. What has Iron Fist done without chi that puts him on Bruce's level. Batman has superior stats and h2h skills.

Batman wins this.

What are you saying? Iron Fist even without chi is beyond Batman levels.

How? As far as I know, without chi he's only high Olympic level. Keep in mind that were not talking about him deciding not to use certain attacks. Were talking about not having the ability at all. Meaning that he's unable to passively raise his strength/speed.

@PrinceIMC:

His years of intense martial arts training have made him a living weapon and grant him peak physical attributes beyond those of most Olympic athletes. His strength, speed, stamina, agility and endurance are so greatly enhanced that he can dodge bullets, exert himself physically for hours, go days without sleep, break swords with his bare hands etc. Danny can also control his body's unconscious functions like heart rate, nervous system deadening himself to pain and shut out physical distractions by sheer force of will. During his training he'd cling to snowy mountains for hours without any equipment in the cold of Tibetan mountains, holding on by his fingertips. Batman had some badass training but Danny was trained all day every day by immortal mystical martial artists.

There is literally nothing here that Batman cannot also accomplish. Batman has been trained since he was a child by the best martial artist in the DCU. Has Danny ever defeated anyone noteworthy without his chi?

Yeah... and Batman is also olympic level. I know that we are talking about Danny without chi. It's their fighting style. Danny without chi is a master of martial arts and is a more formidable fighter. He uses his chi mostly on healing or delivering the iron fist punch but he rarely uses it to augment his physical status but even if he does, he only does it to peak human levels. Batman and Danny are both excellent acrobats so there's no question in that.

And Batman also relies on his gadgets too much...

Iron Fist has boosted his physical attributes with Chi to superhuman levels also.

#23 Posted by Dex_Starr (4754 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Iron Fist kicked a Hydra Agent through a bus. Literally from one window and out another without the use of Chi..it was in imortal iron fist when he and Orson were running for the lives beneath new york.

Batman threw a guy through a steel door...

#24 Edited by Huntress_of_the_Dark (112 posts) - - Show Bio

In all honesty I'm a Batman fan, if I wasn't I wouldn't read his comics. But what I am not is a mindless Batman fanboy or a causal, so I don't think that "trololololol Batkick! Batman; everything! lawlz!" I actually read comics, and when I wear a Batman t-shirt it damn sure doesn't have Heath Ledger Joker on it. Reading street level comics is what I do, I know these characters, I know how skilled Batman is, I know where he falls into a skill hierarchy of DC characters and I know it's not on the number one spot, nor is it in the top five. Batman not being the best isn't a slight against his character, it's just the reality things. Marvel has a larger and more diverse street level pantheon than DC does, it would be unrealistic to assume that the best in DC would be the equal of the best in Marvel. I don't let Batman's popularity influence my opinion of the character. 

#25 Posted by HellionVulcan (3921 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron fist in an amazing fight .

#26 Posted by Void_Paladin (901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Huntress_of_the_Dark: Batman does not need to be the most skilled martial artist in DC to defeat Iron Fist while he's restricted from using his chi. Bruce is also not as far down the list as you may think.

@emperorznb: Batman is not Olympic level. He is peak human.

#27 Posted by Bright_Blade (238 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist is the greatest martial artist in marvel. Batman isn't even top 5 in dc.

#28 Posted by jojjimbo (2463 posts) - - Show Bio

Danny wins in a good fight.

#29 Edited by MyronLee26 (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

@Huntress_of_the_Dark said:

In all honesty I'm a Batman fan, if I wasn't I wouldn't read his comics. But what I am not is a mindless Batman fanboy or a causal, so I don't think that "trololololol Batkick! Batman; everything! lawlz!" I actually read comics, and when I wear a Batman t-shirt it damn sure doesn't have Heath Ledger Joker on it. Reading street level comics is what I do, I know these characters, I know how skilled Batman is, I know where he falls into a skill hierarchy of DC characters and I know it's not on the number one spot, nor is it in the top five. Batman not being the best isn't a slight against his character, it's just the reality things. Marvel has a larger and more diverse street level pantheon than DC does, it would be unrealistic to assume that the best in DC would be the equal of the best in Marvel. I don't let Batman's popularity influence my opinion of the character.

You are probably one of the few unbiased Batman fans Ive seen on these type of sites. Very well put.

And who exactly has Batman defeated that would be considered top 5 WITHOUT prep or the use of his gadgets?

#30 Edited by nick_hero22 (7280 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyronLee26 said:

@Huntress_of_the_Dark said:

In all honesty I'm a Batman fan, if I wasn't I wouldn't read his comics. But what I am not is a mindless Batman fanboy or a causal, so I don't think that "trololololol Batkick! Batman; everything! lawlz!" I actually read comics, and when I wear a Batman t-shirt it damn sure doesn't have Heath Ledger Joker on it. Reading street level comics is what I do, I know these characters, I know how skilled Batman is, I know where he falls into a skill hierarchy of DC characters and I know it's not on the number one spot, nor is it in the top five. Batman not being the best isn't a slight against his character, it's just the reality things. Marvel has a larger and more diverse street level pantheon than DC does, it would be unrealistic to assume that the best in DC would be the equal of the best in Marvel. I don't let Batman's popularity influence my opinion of the character.

You are probably one of the few unbiased Batman fans Ive seen on these type of sites. Very well put.

And who exactly has Batman defeated that would be considered top 5 WITHOUT prep or the use of his gadgets?

I don't know what your talking about but Batman is in the top 5.

No Prep and Gadgets

He has given Deathstroke a close fight and has defeated him before

He has held his own twice against Karate Kid

He has stalemated Cassandra Cain and defeated when she didn't have body language reading

He has defeated David Cain

He has stalemated Bronze Tiger twice

He has stalemated Richard Dragon before

He has took out the League of Assassins in a matter of seconds

He has defeated Bane several times

He has defeated Azrael before

He was able to easily beat Lady Shiva under mind control and stalemate her before

He has defeated Prometheus twice

#31 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6621 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC said:

@Void_Paladin said:

Batman. What has Iron Fist done without chi that puts him on Bruce's level. Batman has superior stats and h2h skills.

Batman wins this.

His years of intense martial arts training have made him
a living weapon and grant him peak physical attributes beyond those of
most Olympic athletes. His strength, speed, stamina, agility and
endurance are so greatly enhanced that he can dodge bullets,
exert himself physically for hours, go days without sleep, break swords
with his bare hands etc. Danny can also control
his body's unconscious functions like heart rate, nervous system
deadening himself to pain and shut out physical distractions by sheer
force of will. During his training he'd cling to snowy mountains for hours without any equipment in the cold of Tibetan mountains, holding on by his fingertips. Batman had some badass training but Danny was trained all day every day by immortal mystical martial artists.

Well said.

#32 Posted by Dex_Starr (4754 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bright_Blade said:

Iron Fist is the greatest martial artist in marvel. Batman isn't even top 5 in dc.

Name 5 fighters that are better

@Huntress_of_the_Dark said:

In all honesty I'm a Batman fan, if I wasn't I wouldn't read his comics. But what I am not is a mindless Batman fanboy or a causal, so I don't think that "trololololol Batkick! Batman; everything! lawlz!" I actually read comics, and when I wear a Batman t-shirt it damn sure doesn't have Heath Ledger Joker on it. Reading street level comics is what I do, I know these characters, I know how skilled Batman is, I know where he falls into a skill hierarchy of DC characters and I know it's not on the number one spot, nor is it in the top five. Batman not being the best isn't a slight against his character, it's just the reality things. Marvel has a larger and more diverse street level pantheon than DC does, it would be unrealistic to assume that the best in DC would be the equal of the best in Marvel. I don't let Batman's popularity influence my opinion of the character.

I'd like to know how you came up with this conclusion. Did you individually count every single Marvel and DC street leveler to come up with this number?

#33 Posted by GhostRider29 (2671 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist wins 10 out of 10 times.There, I said it.

#34 Posted by Bright_Blade (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr:

1. Connor Hawke

2. Cassandra Cain

3. Richard Dragon

4. Black Canary

5. Bronze Tiger

6. Wonder Woman

7. White Canary

Oops, did I go to far there? Heck, even Lady Jobber is better than Batman.

#35 Posted by Dex_Starr (4754 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bright_Blade said:

@Dex_Starr:

1. Connor Hawke

2. Cassandra Cain

3. Richard Dragon

4. Black Canary

5. Bronze Tiger

6. Wonder Woman

7. White Canary

Oops, did I go to far there? Heck, even Lady Jobber is better than Batman.

Are you purposely trolling?

Connor Hawke lost to Lady Jobber, Black Canary lost to her as well, and White Canary hasn't done sh*t to suggest she's on Batmans level. Neither has Wonder Woman. Bronze at the very best is on par with Batman, so basically you have Cassandra Cain, Richard Dragon and Lady Shiva.

#36 Posted by nick_hero22 (7280 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bright_Blade said:

@Dex_Starr:

1. Connor Hawke

2. Cassandra Cain

3. Richard Dragon

4. Black Canary

5. Bronze Tiger

6. Wonder Woman

7. White Canary

Oops, did I go to far there? Heck, even Lady Jobber is better than Batman.

Wrong the only people that are above Batman is Cassandra Cain and Richard Dragon.

#37 Posted by Bright_Blade (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr said:

@Bright_Blade said:

@Dex_Starr:

1. Connor Hawke

2. Cassandra Cain

3. Richard Dragon

4. Black Canary

5. Bronze Tiger

6. Wonder Woman

7. White Canary

Oops, did I go to far there? Heck, even Lady Jobber is better than Batman.

Are you purposely trolling?

Connor Hawke lost to Lady Jobber, Black Canary lost to her as well, and White Canary hasn't done sh*t to suggest she's on Batmans level. Neither has Wonder Woman. Bronze at the very best is on par with Batman, so basically you have Cassandra Cain, Richard Dragon and Lady Shiva.

Please. Connor made Cassandra look like a chump. Cassandra >Shiva. Batman admitted Wonder Woman is the best melee fighter on the planet. Even Oracle, the original Batgirl, admits the Black Canary would beat Batman h2h. You're right, White Canary isn't on Batman's level, she's better.

#38 Posted by Dex_Starr (4754 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bright_Blade said:

@Dex_Starr said:

@Bright_Blade said:

@Dex_Starr:

1. Connor Hawke

2. Cassandra Cain

3. Richard Dragon

4. Black Canary

5. Bronze Tiger

6. Wonder Woman

7. White Canary

Oops, did I go to far there? Heck, even Lady Jobber is better than Batman.

Are you purposely trolling?

Connor Hawke lost to Lady Jobber, Black Canary lost to her as well, and White Canary hasn't done sh*t to suggest she's on Batmans level. Neither has Wonder Woman. Bronze at the very best is on par with Batman, so basically you have Cassandra Cain, Richard Dragon and Lady Shiva.

Please. Connor made Cassandra look like a chump. Cassandra >Shiva. Batman admitted Wonder Woman is the best melee fighter on the planet. Even Oracle, the original Batgirl, admits the Black Canary would beat Batman h2h. You're right, White Canary isn't on Batman's level, she's better.

Ok, now I'm certain that your trolling. Connor and Cassandra didn't even have a real fight, Shiva has beaten Cassandra and she's beaten Connor. Cassandra has beaten Shiva, Connor never did

Shiva and Cassandra >>> Connor. Batman admitting Wonder Woman is the best melee fighter on the planet means nothing if she doesn't have any feats. Oracle said that Black Canary could possibly outfight Batman, obviously that isn't true since she doesn't comparable feats.

Yup White Canary is better, that's why she has all of those feats....oh wait....

#39 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13122 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone else get confused with the names Orson Randal and Wendall Rand while reading Immortal Iron Fist? I don't understand why the writers made the names so freakin' similar. 

#40 Edited by nick_hero22 (7280 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bright_Blade said:

@Dex_Starr said:

@Bright_Blade said:

@Dex_Starr:

1. Connor Hawke

2. Cassandra Cain

3. Richard Dragon

4. Black Canary

5. Bronze Tiger

6. Wonder Woman

7. White Canary

Oops, did I go to far there? Heck, even Lady Jobber is better than Batman.

Are you purposely trolling?

Connor Hawke lost to Lady Jobber, Black Canary lost to her as well, and White Canary hasn't done sh*t to suggest she's on Batmans level. Neither has Wonder Woman. Bronze at the very best is on par with Batman, so basically you have Cassandra Cain, Richard Dragon and Lady Shiva.

Please. Connor made Cassandra look like a chump. Cassandra >Shiva. Batman admitted Wonder Woman is the best melee fighter on the planet. Even Oracle, the original Batgirl, admits the Black Canary would beat Batman h2h. You're right, White Canary isn't on Batman's level, she's better.

Connor Hawke was humiliated by Cassandra Cain what the heck are you talking about?

#41 Posted by Bright_Blade (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22: He's not even fighting back, he's just casually blocking her hits and grabbing her fist like she's a nobody.

#42 Posted by nick_hero22 (7280 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bright_Blade said:

@nick_hero22: He's not even fighting back, he's just casually blocking her hits and grabbing her fist like she's a nobody.

She was holding back because she was faking the fight the entire match and still wrecked him.

#43 Posted by MyronLee26 (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@MyronLee26 said:

@Huntress_of_the_Dark said:

In all honesty I'm a Batman fan, if I wasn't I wouldn't read his comics. But what I am not is a mindless Batman fanboy or a causal, so I don't think that "trololololol Batkick! Batman; everything! lawlz!" I actually read comics, and when I wear a Batman t-shirt it damn sure doesn't have Heath Ledger Joker on it. Reading street level comics is what I do, I know these characters, I know how skilled Batman is, I know where he falls into a skill hierarchy of DC characters and I know it's not on the number one spot, nor is it in the top five. Batman not being the best isn't a slight against his character, it's just the reality things. Marvel has a larger and more diverse street level pantheon than DC does, it would be unrealistic to assume that the best in DC would be the equal of the best in Marvel. I don't let Batman's popularity influence my opinion of the character.

You are probably one of the few unbiased Batman fans Ive seen on these type of sites. Very well put.

And who exactly has Batman defeated that would be considered top 5 WITHOUT prep or the use of his gadgets?

I don't know what your talking about but Batman is in the top 5.

No Prep and Gadgets

He has given Deathstroke a close fight and has defeated him before

He has held his own twice against Karate Kid

He has stalemated Cassandra Cain and defeated when she didn't have body language reading

He has defeated David Cain

He has stalemated Bronze Tiger twice

He has stalemated Richard Dragon before

He has took out the League of Assassins in a matter of seconds

He has defeated Bane several times

He has defeated Azrael before

He was able to easily beat Lady Shiva under mind control and stalemate her before

He has defeated Prometheus twice

If my memory serves me correctly, Batman has only defeated Deathstroke once. That was When Deathstroke was trying to assassinate Gunhawk and was preoccupied, and Bats cheap shotted him by knocking him down with a rifle swing to the head. I dont even count the one where Nightwing and Robin interfered cause that wasnt by himself.

and one of those times, Karate Kid was weakened and dying.

He didnt stalemate Bronze Tiger. The first time they fought, BT owned him. The second time, the fight didnt finish due to outside interference.

He only won against Lady Shiva because Jason Todd (Robin at the time) interfered, and Bats took advantage of that.

#44 Posted by Billdevil (433 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has peers but few are superior. He may win or loose to any of DC’s very top martial artists on any given day. If a character is being introduced that encounter should be thrown out the window as far as feats. Creators generally need to establish the character is dangerous to the hero or what’s the point. If Iron Fist can’t use his chi to boost himself beyond peak human levels he is a step below Batman physically. Not a big step but a step just the same. I think their martial arts skills are overall equal, with Iron Fist having more depth in some areas and Batman being better rounded.

#45 Posted by karrob (4264 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

Did anyone else get confused with the names Orson Randal and Wendall Rand while reading Immortal Iron Fist? I don't understand why the writers made the names so freakin' similar.

I did...I had to reread it twice to make sure I wasnt tripping.

#46 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13122 posts) - - Show Bio
@karrob: hah yeah I had to keep backtracking just to make sure I wasn't confusing the two. 
#47 Posted by nick_hero22 (7280 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyronLee26 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@MyronLee26 said:

@Huntress_of_the_Dark said:

In all honesty I'm a Batman fan, if I wasn't I wouldn't read his comics. But what I am not is a mindless Batman fanboy or a causal, so I don't think that "trololololol Batkick! Batman; everything! lawlz!" I actually read comics, and when I wear a Batman t-shirt it damn sure doesn't have Heath Ledger Joker on it. Reading street level comics is what I do, I know these characters, I know how skilled Batman is, I know where he falls into a skill hierarchy of DC characters and I know it's not on the number one spot, nor is it in the top five. Batman not being the best isn't a slight against his character, it's just the reality things. Marvel has a larger and more diverse street level pantheon than DC does, it would be unrealistic to assume that the best in DC would be the equal of the best in Marvel. I don't let Batman's popularity influence my opinion of the character.

You are probably one of the few unbiased Batman fans Ive seen on these type of sites. Very well put.

And who exactly has Batman defeated that would be considered top 5 WITHOUT prep or the use of his gadgets?

I don't know what your talking about but Batman is in the top 5.

No Prep and Gadgets

He has given Deathstroke a close fight and has defeated him before

He has held his own twice against Karate Kid

He has stalemated Cassandra Cain and defeated when she didn't have body language reading

He has defeated David Cain

He has stalemated Bronze Tiger twice

He has stalemated Richard Dragon before

He has took out the League of Assassins in a matter of seconds

He has defeated Bane several times

He has defeated Azrael before

He was able to easily beat Lady Shiva under mind control and stalemate her before

He has defeated Prometheus twice

If my memory serves me correctly, Batman has only defeated Deathstroke once. That was When Deathstroke was trying to assassinate Gunhawk and was preoccupied, and Bats cheap shotted him by knocking him down with a rifle swing to the head. I dont even count the one where Nightwing and Robin interfered cause that wasnt by himself.

and one of those times, Karate Kid was weakened and dying.

He didnt stalemate Bronze Tiger. The first time they fought, BT owned him. The second time, the fight didnt finish due to outside interference.

He only won against Lady Shiva because Jason Todd (Robin at the time) interfered, and Bats took advantage of that.

1. Batman didn't win by cheap shotting him he simply out fought him and I never sated that Batman has beaten Deathstroke one on one twice.

2. Karate Kid was weakened in one of their fights but it is still impressive that he was able to hold his own against him.

3. They stalemated each in the first fight but Batman got shot in the neck and the second fight took place in Suicide Squad series.

4. The was basically a tie until Robin hit her in the back the head and Batman defeated her, he even defeated her when she was under mind control.

#48 Posted by sandiego008 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

sooooooo can I assume the original point of this thread is pointless ... I'm voting ... shamefully batman ... as I hate him.

#49 Posted by Saren (25125 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

4. The was basically a tie until Robin hit her in the back the head and Batman defeated her, he even defeated her when she was under mind control.

That was Loeb's usual PIS writing.

Moderator
#50 Posted by HolySerpent (12822 posts) - - Show Bio

The detective wins