#1 Edited by Lunacyde (19523 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist makes use of chi in various ways to augment his abilities as a fighter. How would he fare against opponents who are specialized to deal with chi? The Chi blockers get a full dossier on Iron Fist and two days prep. The fight takes place in an abandoned construction site. How many chi blockers will it take to defeat him?

1. Amon

2. Amon and Ty Lee

3. Amon, Ty Lee, and the Lieutenant (w/Electrified Kali sticks)

4. Amon, Ty Lee, The Lieutenant, and 5 Chi Blockers

5. Amon, Ty Lee, The Lieutenant, and 10 Chi Blockers

#2 Posted by Lunacyde (19523 posts) - - Show Bio

No one?

#3 Posted by Om4zd (929 posts) - - Show Bio

Are the Chi blockers martial arts masters?

#4 Posted by Lunacyde (19523 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om4zd said:

Are the Chi blockers martial arts masters?

Not on Iron Fists level, but they are skilled fighters and masters at pressure points. I'll see if I can post a video of them in action.

#5 Posted by Lunacyde (19523 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Om4zd (929 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lunacyde: I see, maybe 5 could take him but I don't really know much about Daniel sooo..

#7 Posted by Lunacyde (19523 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om4zd said:

@Lunacyde: I see, maybe 5 could take him but I don't really know much about Daniel sooo..

Well the interest is appreciated anyways.

#8 Posted by Om4zd (929 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lunacyde: No problem, BTW this battle is good :)

#9 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

I see him clearing it if he doesn't hold back.

#10 Posted by Lunacyde (19523 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is how likely it is Danny wins as I see it.

1. Amon Certain

2. Amon and Ty Lee Almost Certain

3. Amon, Ty Lee, and the Lieutenant (w/Electrified Kali sticks) Toss-Up

4. Amon, Ty Lee, The Lieutenant, and 5 Chi Blockers Not likely

5. Amon, Ty Lee, The Lieutenant, and 10 Chi Blockers Very- Unlikely

#11 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing the Chi-blockers have done so far has presented them to be anywhere on Danny's level of expertise. They react and predict a bender's movement and it seems they are sufficient in that, but I don't see them posing much trouble.

#12 Posted by Lunacyde (19523 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Nothing the Chi-blockers have done so far has presented them to be anywhere on Danny's level of expertise. They react and predict a bender's movement and it seems they are sufficient in that, but I don't see them posing much trouble.

They don't necessarily have to be anywhere close to as good as Danny. They outnumber him and if they get in a couple quick shots it is really going to hamper his fighting ability.

#13 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2442 posts) - - Show Bio

It's difficult to say. Amon has almost no on-screen showings so far. He does, apparently, have powers. But we don't even know yet how his powers work. 

:/

#14 Posted by Lunacyde (19523 posts) - - Show Bio

@(((Prodigy))) said:

It's difficult to say. Amon has almost no on-screen showings so far. He does, apparently, have powers. But we don't even know yet how his powers work. :/

Yeah, I wanted to wait longer to make this thread after we see more of his skills, but I'm bed-ridden and bored so thought I'd go for it. If anything we know he is supposed to be an extremely skilled Chi blocker and he has shown good reaction and dodging feats.

#15 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
I honestly don't see anything in that video that Iron Fist cannot counter with relative ease. He has fought characters whose powers (on top of their own skills) were either to control, redirect or completely absorb his chi fueled abilities (classic Davos, Iron Fist Killer, Power Man II), and has either won, or performed extremely well. Then again, I don't know anything about Avatar or LoK in order to estimate how impressive these characters are supposed to be under regular conditions and judging from just one video is unfair to them.
#16 Posted by Lunacyde (19523 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

I honestly don't see anything in that video that Iron Fist cannot counter with relative ease. He has fought characters whose powers (on top of their own skills) were either to control, redirect or completely absorb his chi fueled abilities (classic Davos, Iron Fist Killer, Power Man II), and has either won, or performed extremely well. Then again, I don't know anything about Avatar or LoK in order to estimate how impressive these characters are supposed to be under regular conditions and judging from just one video is unfair to them.

You're probably right. My only thought is that with their numbers they should be able to get in a few good hits and chi blocking strikes should theoretically completely block his chi for at least some time. Strikes can also cause paralysis.

#17 Posted by weegrifin (41 posts) - - Show Bio

I know very little about Iron fist exept what I have read on here, But every round is dangerous for him espesially if he is unaware of their fighting style, I mean Iron fist may underestimate Ty lee and allow her to make and attack whilst just blocking to see what she can do and this can leave him open to chi attacks to the arm and the rest of the body.

As the rounds progress the more likely some one is going to land a few chi strikes which could possibly cause him to be paralsised for the reminder of the fight.

#18 Posted by Dex_Starr (4754 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though I like Amon he doesn't have enough feats to suggest he can hang with Danny. We're not even sure if he take Korra since he ambushed her with a group of chi blockers.. We've only seen him beat down and take bending away from a few criminals and the wolf bats.

On top of that Danny can fight without chi. So even if they did block his chi he could wreck them in hand to hand.

#19 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

I see him clearing it if he doesn't hold back.

#20 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lunacyde said:

@Deranged Midget said:

They don't necessarily have to be anywhere close to as good as Danny. They outnumber him and if they get in a couple quick shots it is really going to hamper his fighting ability.

He's fought greater numbers and he's far faster than anyone on the Avatar team. Ty Lee will probably put up the best fight due to her agility but she will go down nonetheless.

#21 Posted by rpgr (331 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr: That's not how it works though. While IF would still win due to better martial arts prowess, a hit in the right location = paralyzed body part.

It's the same idea as acupuncture. Hit the right spots to release flow, hit the wrong ones and it is touch of death.

#22 Posted by pooty (11739 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lunacyde: THese chi blockers are like the Hand or Hydra. They come a dime a dozen. Danny beats them with ease. Ty lee looked good fighting kids who were not warriors or even soldiers and people who depended on powers. None of these people have feats against trained warriors such as danny.

#23 Edited by Lunacyde (19523 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@Lunacyde: THese chi blockers are like the Hand or Hydra. They come a dime a dozen. Danny beats them with ease. Ty lee looked good fighting kids who were not warriors or even soldiers and people who depended on powers. None of these people have feats against trained warriors such as danny.

Ty Lee defeated an entire platoon of elite earthbenders. The kids who she fought we some of the best and most skilled fighters in their respective Universe, and their powers are martial arts related. You don't seem to understand they don't have to be as skilled as him, a right strike from them in the right place can paralyze. He may destroy most of them but just a couple hits will slow him down alot. The chi blockers > the Hand/Hydra.

#24 Posted by pooty (11739 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lunacyde: Ty Lee defeated an entire platoon of elite earthbenders

. What feats do they have that make them elite? because If an unarmed 100lb 13yr old girl beat a "platoon" of "elite earthbenders" then they are not elite. They are merely earthbenders

The kids who she fought we some of the best and most skilled fighters in their respective Universe

Key word: respective universes. For avatar they were outstanding. But if you take the most powerful benders and make them a team, the avengers,JLA,JSA,Xmen,Xfactor,Xforce,FF,Secret Six, New Avengers, West Coast avengers,Legion of Doom etc will stomp them.

You don't seem to understand they don't have to be as skilled as him, a right strike from them in the right place can paralyze

Iron Fist knows nerve strikes and how to avoid him. Unlike benders, he relies on his martial arts training. Iron fist took on Nightcrawler, Colossus, and Cyclops and didn't get hit. Iron fist fights fat cobra, Steel Serpent,Sabretooth and Black panther. The best non-bender Ty lee beat is sokka.

The chi blockers > the Hand/Hydra

I like the show also but you're getting carried away. Chi blockers have beaten no one with any H2H skill. The Hand can blend with shadows, become intangible and defy other laws of physics.

I hope you continue to enjoy the show but they have shown nothing that proves they can beat a H2H master like Iron Fist. I doubt they ever will.

#25 Posted by Lunacyde (19523 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty said:

@Lunacyde: Ty Lee defeated an entire platoon of elite earthbenders

. What feats do they have that make them elite? because If an unarmed 100lb 13yr old girl beat a "platoon" of "elite earthbenders" then they are not elite. They are merely earthbenders

The kids who she fought we some of the best and most skilled fighters in their respective Universe

Key word: respective universes. For avatar they were outstanding. But if you take the most powerful benders and make them a team, the avengers,JLA,JSA,Xmen,Xfactor,Xforce,FF,Secret Six, New Avengers, West Coast avengers,Legion of Doom etc will stomp them.

You don't seem to understand they don't have to be as skilled as him, a right strike from them in the right place can paralyze

Iron Fist knows nerve strikes and how to avoid him. Unlike benders, he relies on his martial arts training. Iron fist took on Nightcrawler, Colossus, and Cyclops and didn't get hit. Iron fist fights fat cobra, Steel Serpent,Sabretooth and Black panther. The best non-bender Ty lee beat is sokka.

The chi blockers > the Hand/Hydra

I like the show also but you're getting carried away. Chi blockers have beaten no one with any H2H skill. The Hand can blend with shadows, become intangible and defy other laws of physics.

I hope you continue to enjoy the show but they have shown nothing that proves they can beat a H2H master like Iron Fist. I doubt they ever will.

#1. They were called elite within the show by their commanding officer. They were the best of the their forces making them by definition elite. There are unarmed teenagers in the Marvel Universe that could take out SHIELD's best soldiers, it doesn't make them not elite. 

#2. Almost all those teams you named are full of at least mid-level bricks and powerhouses. Put them against most completely street level teams and they would win or at least hold their own. People have a tendency to somehow think that Avatar characters are weak. I don't know where this comes from they consistently have physical feats that put them on terms with most normal street levelers. (Excluding the very top notch Street levelers like Iron Fist). 

#3 The only non-bender I can even remember her facing was Sokka and she was goofing around when she faced him and still easily defeated him. She paralyzed Katara and Azula with a single strike, took down an entire platoon of elite earthbenders, defeated a number of Kyoshi warriors, all pretty easily. Not saying she's on Danny's level in any way but you have to admit she isn't your normal teenage girl.
#26 Posted by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lunacyde:

It's not that Avatar characters are weak. The top tier characters in that universe possess astounding destructive power.

What makes them incomparable to street levers in the comic verses is their durability. Avatar character have little to no damage soak. They're essentially glass cannons. They can dish it out, but not take it.

Danny clears it IMO. even with his chi blocked, he's still one of the best h2h combatants in the Marvel Universe. And that says a LOT about his actual speed and fighting ability.

Chi blockers aren't shown to be terribly impressive, and Amon hasn't shown anything that puts him even near Iron Fist's level.

Ty Lee is the biggest challenge, and she would likely get blitzed and oneshotted by Danny.

#27 Posted by pooty (11739 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lunacyde: I don't know where this comes from they consistently have physical feats that put them on terms with most normal street levelers

That's why we think they are weak. Avatars most powerful people are only street level in Marvel and DC. They are weak overall compared to comics.

Put them against most completely street level teams and they would win or at least hold their own

This statement i can kinda agree with but i kinda don't either. If Ty Lee can beat elite benders imagine what Batman,Cap America, Wolverine, Black Panther would do to them.

Excluding the very top notch Street levelers like Iron Fist

Agreed. If you made them fight lower to mid-tier people like Huntress, Paladin, Cyclops(no beams), Kingpin, Falcon, Punisher(no weapons) then it would be a debate. But you put them against arguably the best in marvel. The dude rips hearts out of dragons and destroyed a X-Jet with one punch. He fought demon ninjas in the Eigth City. That's a little much.

#28 Posted by Dex_Starr (4754 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpgr said:

@Dex_Starr: That's not how it works though. While IF would still win due to better martial arts prowess, a hit in the right location = paralyzed body part.

It's the same idea as acupuncture. Hit the right spots to release flow, hit the wrong ones and it is touch of death.

Hmm I forgot about that..