#1 Posted by ManofSteel (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist  Vs Batman ( Bruce Wayne )

Just martial arts, gadgets are barred as well as chi. Who wins in this showdown of the martial arts masters? 

Distance: 10 Feet apart at beginning- Morals: On- Prep: None 

Rules: Batman may use any of his 147 martial arts, and Danny Rand may not use chi.
#2 Posted by Cypher's Gambit (2098 posts) - - Show Bio
@manofsteel: 147 martial arts. There is a saying, "Quality over Quantity" and "It's not about styles; It's about you and how you incorporate those styles." 

And last I remember of Bruce was that he was a Jack of All Trades.
#3 Posted by ManofSteel (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Wayne curbstomp then?

#4 Posted by Cypher's Gambit (2098 posts) - - Show Bio
@manofsteel said:
" Bruce Wayne curbstomp then? "
Depends. Iron Fist is a true master of his skills. Is Bruce a master of all his martial arts or is he just a practitioner of 147 fighting styles?
#5 Posted by Bruce27 (494 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce wins

#6 Posted by ManofSteel (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cypher's Gambit: He is considered to possibly be the greatest martial artist. bat pics 2

#7 Posted by buttersdaman000 (10899 posts) - - Show Bio

Jack of All trades makes you a master of nothing...
But, this isnt true for Bruce for some odd reason.......Still...im gonna with IF

#8 Posted by cascadeking09 (6699 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cypher's Gambit said:
@manofsteel said:
" Bruce Wayne curbstomp then? "
Depends. Iron Fist is a true master of his skills. Is Bruce a master of all his martial arts or is he just a practitioner of 147 fighting styles?
He's a master of all of them, he was also trained by the 2 greatest martial artists in the entire DCU (not counting Karate Kid).
#9 Posted by cattlebattle (13585 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist, he's a living weapon that only counts on his body to win

How many times has Bruce relied on a gadget to win

Iron Fist in a close fight

#10 Posted by _slim_ (14835 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist

#11 Posted by Gremlin From Kremlin (2926 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#12 Posted by Nefarious (23739 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist will win after a tough fight with the Dark Knight. 

#13 Posted by Milamor (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist 100%...well all the dust has settled, Iron Fist is the superior fighting machine and in H2H...I would seriously doubt many people could actually best him.

#14 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3656 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:

Iron Fist, he's a living weapon that only counts on his body to win  How many times has Bruce relied on a gadget to win  Iron Fist in a close fight

Agreed. And this gives me the chance to use one of the most pimp Bowen statues ever.

#15 Posted by Cypher's Gambit (2098 posts) - - Show Bio

By the way... If Slade can easily beat Batman by H2H, Iron Fist can too 

#16 Posted by m0ntyb0y (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

iron fist wins easily

#17 Posted by Belphegor (285 posts) - - Show Bio

Bats beat Slade in an encounter. He curbstomps Iron fist.

#18 Posted by ssstarquin (55 posts) - - Show Bio

gud match nd really close... bats has relied on gadgets wen he has to same as wen iron fist has relied on chi wen he has to... here thers no need... i have to go wit bruce simply 4 his xperience,mind ,feats and analytical thinking but iron fist cud even da odds wit skill nd muscle memory... so really close but going wit bats cos i like him.. :P.. 

after standing upto opponents like darkseid batman has xperience nd fearlessness to back him up if everythin else fails...

#19 Posted by Cypher's Gambit (2098 posts) - - Show Bio
@Belphegor said:
With his gadgets on, but not straight H2H
#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24816 posts) - - Show Bio

its a good fight but Iron Fist wins 

#21 Posted by God_Spawn (38613 posts) - - Show Bio

Thinking IF here.

#22 Posted by TheBatman586 (6302 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#23 Posted by The_Elemetal (148 posts) - - Show Bio

honestly guys i think bats can take this, its gonna be close no doubt, but bruce has the experience and, and mind to take Danny, hes mastered 127 martial arts, so i think hell take it in a close fight

#24 Posted by joshmightbe (24816 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always found it stupid that they say Batman has mastered 127 forms of martial arts when even the most dedicated martial artists who devote their entire lives to just martial arts can maybe master tops 3 or 4 and that's if martial arts is all they did so with Batman's development of gadgets and detective work and maintaining his alter ego he simply doesn't have the time to have truly mastered more than one form of martial arts you would need a photographic memory and the speed of the Flash to master 127 forms of martial arts and still have time to do anything within a human life span

#25 Posted by cattlebattle (13585 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
I've always found it stupid that they say Batman has mastered 127 forms of martial arts when even the most dedicated martial artists who devote their entire lives to just martial arts can maybe master tops 3 or 4 and that's if martial arts is all they did so with Batman's development of gadgets and detective work and maintaining his alter ego he simply doesn't have the time to have truly mastered more than one form of martial arts you would need a photographic memory and the speed of the Flash to master 127 forms of martial arts and still have time to do anything within a human life span
Yes just another fact why Batman = ridiculous

It would take a lifetime to master 2 or 3 martial arts. and when does Bats find the time to workout and sleep and other natural things, I can picture him napping while eating spaghetti while doing sit ups simeltaneously
#26 Posted by Belphegor (285 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cypher's Gambit: Or maybe not a curbstomp. 
#27 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2014 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cypher's Gambit said:
By the way... If Slade can easily beat Batman by H2H, Iron Fist can too 

you have to tell me what issue is that so awesome

anyway iron fist is a true martial artist and has much more fighting feats so he wins not easilty though
#28 Posted by JediXMan (31598 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cypher's Gambit said:
@Belphegor said:
With his gadgets on, but not straight H2H
Deathstroke is superhuman.
#29 Edited by m0ntyb0y (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman vs. Slade H2H = Batman pwned (see above)

Batman vs. Iron Fist H2H = Batman pwned

#30 Posted by ntb1124 (959 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist gets the easy one here!

#31 Edited by HumanNumber (1453 posts) - - Show Bio
@m0ntyb0y said:

Batman vs. Slade H2H = Batman pwned (see above)  Batman vs. Iron Fist H2H = Batman pwned

Deathstroke beating Batman isn't bad showing, he does that to a lot of people.
#32 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

IF but it will be an epic fight.
#33 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd go with Bats. Jack of all trades and a master of all... Nyeheheh! Okay maybe not all. But seriously, integrated martial arts would most likely beat "closed-door" martial arts.

#34 Posted by kungpaokiller (25 posts) - - Show Bio
Iron Fist is a master of nearly every fighting style on Earth and many styles of martial arts that don't even exist on Earth. He routinely fights against and trains under the greatest martial artists on Earth and in the Five Cities of Heaven. I say this as a huge fan of Bats, Iron Fist takes this one. Close match though.
#35 Posted by Static Shock (47654 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cypher's Gambit said:
@manofsteel: 147 martial arts. There is a saying, "Quality over Quantity" and "It's not about styles; It's about you and how you incorporate those styles."  And last I remember of Bruce was that he was a Jack of All Trades.
It's 127 styles, to be exact. It was never stated that Batman mastered that many styles, however. He could just be very skilled at them. Long before the number of style he mastered was even written down, he was stated to be skilled at all forms of martial arts, but a master of none of them (it was pre-crisis). He could quite possibly be a jack of all trades, based on this.
#36 Posted by Gremlin From Kremlin (2926 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
@Cypher's Gambit said:
@manofsteel: 147 martial arts. There is a saying, "Quality over Quantity" and "It's not about styles; It's about you and how you incorporate those styles."  And last I remember of Bruce was that he was a Jack of All Trades.
It's 127 styles, to be exact. It was never stated that Batman mastered that many styles, however. He could just be very skilled at them. Long before the number of style he mastered was even written down, he was stated to be skilled at all forms of martial arts, but a master of none of them (it was pre-crisis). He could quite possibly be a jack of all trades, based on this.
He did master that many styles, it's what it says here:
#37 Posted by Static Shock (47654 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gremlin From Kremlin: I was going by what I've read in comic books. I don't really take much stock into DC Encyclopedia. Just another Handbook, to me.
#38 Posted by m0ntyb0y (1360 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gremlin From Kremlin: "He studied criminology, forensics, and criminal psychology, and learned from manhunters and martial artists, mastering every style." 

my interpretation is by no means definitive, but the above seems to imply that he mastered every style that he was taught, not every style in existence
#39 Posted by MrUnknown (1628 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood1991 said:
IF but it will be an epic fight.
This.
#40 Posted by The Stegman (26620 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe:  

dude, it's comics, you have to suspend your disbelief, is it possible that he has mastered all of those martial arts? probably not (although he did have ten years to do it, he mastered them before becoming Batman) but in comics, the impossible is made possible 
#41 Posted by karrob (4264 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist

#42 Posted by entropy_aegis (15612 posts) - - Show Bio
@Belphegor said:
No he did'nt. 
@Cypher's Gambit
:  
Try posting the full fight buddy.You're missing out what happened before and after.Not that it even means anything here at all to even begin with.There is no similarity between Slade and Rand.
#43 Posted by entropy_aegis (15612 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
@joshmightbe said:
Yes just another fact why Batman = ridiculous  It would take a lifetime to master 2 or 3 martial arts. and when does Bats find the time to workout and sleep and other natural things, I can picture him napping while eating spaghetti while doing sit ups simeltaneously
Looking at his opponent,it's not ridiculous at all.
joshmightbe
said:
This trait for which you're complaining about is'nt exclusive to Batman only.Lady Shiva and David Cain come to mind.
#44 Posted by joshmightbe (24816 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis: it irritates me with many characters including Iron Fist and the Karate Kid there is simply no way a normal human could master that many styles within their life time
#45 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke only beats Batman because of enhancements. A man who has the (purported) strength of ten men and superhuman speed/durability is not what one might call a fair hand to hand confrontation.

This, however, is a true hand to hand fight between two peak humans with no powers or gadgets involved. Dojo mat and all. Y'know what? I'm leaning slightly toward Batman here. The Bats has got some pretty f'n amazing feats accredited to his name ... 

Yup, I'll run with Batman on this one.
#46 Posted by Billdevil (433 posts) - - Show Bio

I find Bats and Iron Fist at very close in martial skill. Without IF's chi he is physically a step below Batman's athleticism. In a loooooooong close fight. Batman wins. 

#47 Posted by andre54 (333 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm thinking batman here. sure, he relies on gadgets, but he's also a very competent martial artist. a no chi ironfist would lose because wayne's more versatile and smarter than him.

#48 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2014 posts) - - Show Bio

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn fist

#49 Posted by not2baad (545 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#50 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins in a hell of a fight