#1 Posted by SuperDrummer (721 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been wondering this for a while, considering I've read all of Hajime no Ippo. We all know Batman is a monster at close range combat, but how well would he fair against a trained, peak (or slightly above) human boxer in his element?
Rules:
Standard rules of boxing applied

Batman gets no physically enhancing equipment.

Both sides get 4 month prep time.

Both sides are in top mental condition.

Both are in physical prime.

And we all know batman is more popular, and he would win in a fight in his domain... or really any other situation. But this is about this one.

#2 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

Buce. -_-

Sincerely,

#3 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

ippo is a 5 foot 126 pound kid and batman is a grown up 6 foot 200 pound man gee i wonder who would win...

#4 Posted by SuperDrummer (721 posts) - - Show Bio

@jokergeist I admit Ippo has a VERY good chance of loosing, but I don't think it is as one sided as that.

@kingjames447

At 2:50, Ippo arm wrestles the fully grown, bear slaying, 3 time world champion from over six weight classes above him to a standstill. I was aware of the difference, but Ippo has shown to be more than capable of overcoming weight differences.

#5 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by SuperDrummer (721 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjames447

You know, it would be very easy to argue for batman, and considering I'm on the fence it wouldn't take much information I don't know to convince me. Simply saying he wins does nothing and is just a waste of your time, and it wastes my time reading it.

Give 3 good reasons, and if I cannot counter all of them, I will most likely admit he would. I'm not trying to troll, I honestly want to hear your response.

EDIT

@kingjames447

I apologize for not being able to actually reply, but I am still a new user and I have reached my limit.

I am a super featherweight by nature, and could be featherweight in about a week. And I have never actually seen the anime, only read the manga, which went multiple times as long. Batman is monstrous, but Ippo is far from normal as well. However, I in no way claim building flattening level punches.

@jokergeist Oh, my bad on both accounts!

#7 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjames447

You know, it would be very easy to argue for batman, and considering I'm on the fence it wouldn't take much information I don't know to convince me. Simply saying he wins does nothing and is just a waste of your time, and it wastes my time reading it.

Give 3 good reasons, and if I cannot counter all of them, I will most likely admit he would. I'm not trying to troll, I honestly want to hear your response.

have you ever seen a featherweight? just because in the anime it looks like he is hitting with force to flatten building doesn't mean he is...batman wins

#8 Edited by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@superdrummer: What? One sided? Oh no, I was merely making fun of your typo. Buce.

#9 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5441 posts) - - Show Bio

Ippo is only featherweight, while Bruce should be around heavyweight. Bruce wins.

#10 Edited by linsanel_Doctor (1344 posts) - - Show Bio

@superdrummer said:

I've been wondering this for a while, considering I've read all of Hajime no Ippo. We all know Batman is a monster at close range combat, but how well would he fair against a trained, peak (or slightly above) human boxer in his element?

Rules:

Standard rules of boxing applied

Batman gets no physically enhancing equipment.

Both sides get 4 month prep time.

Both sides are in top mental condition.

Both are in physical prime.

And we all know batman is more popular, and he would win in a fight in his domain... or really any other situation. But this is about this one.

Batman has been around for 20+ years in this comic business, movies, and etc. He's popular, but that doesn't automatically mean he would win every battle...

Batman isn't a supersoldier, he's a peak level normal HUman being.

As for the art of boxing, I think Bruce knows it, and probably excels.

@saiyan_earthling said:

Ippo is only featherweight, while Bruce should be around heavyweight. Bruce wins.

#11 Posted by OverLordArhas (7708 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman