Avatar image for killer_of_trolls
Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

So I just finished watching Ip Man 2, and found out he was Bruce Lee's teacher. *Mind Blown*

I know that this is unconventional for these forums, but there have been weirder stuff here like fights between rappers, animals, and even the "You vs 100 turkeys thread". Also, there are lots people here with good knowledge on the fighting world.

Also, the fact that both have fought a world heavyweight champion of boxing tempted me to make this thread. Ip Man defeated the champ (Twister) as well :b (I understand that not every WH cahmp boxer is the same level and that the one of them, Jericho, here is fictional).

The rulse here are standard MMA rules, you know like UFC. Except infinite rounds.

Morals on. IC.

I haven't dug much into Ip Man's bio, but if you know feats of his from his real life you may use them here as well.

Reminder: This is not Donnie Yen VS Scott Adkins.

I know it's unorthodox, but I'd like to begin right away with a few little stuff just to warm up the thread:

Here is Ip Man owning 10 "practical Karate" black belts:

I wanted to add the one on the table but it's not on youtube, so here is Old man Ip Man vs The world champ:

Couldn't decite what to put for Boyka, so here is a motivational to refresh your memory since I'm sure more people are familiar with him:

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Shavo

boyka wins he knows so many fighting styles and ip man cant handle that

Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

@KINGJAMES447: Meh, this didn't matter in a few matches I've seen in that situation(even in real life), which includes him against Chambers. It proportionally depends on the user really, otherwise Taskmaster and Sports-master would be the best martial artists in DC and Marvel.

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shavo

@Killer_of_trolls: yea but yuri is a ruthless guy and if its a mma match like u said in the op ip man gets pulverized

Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

@KINGJAMES447: Idk, from the way he ended against twister, I can really see him doing better than Yuri against Chambers. Also, he has a speed advantage over Yuri. Yuri is a beast in regard to durability, and it is really impressive to fight with a bad knee and then wrap a towel when it get broken and then win.

Off-Topic: I wish they'd start on Undisputed 4 already, All I hear is promosises, but adkins says the script is ready, they just need the cast.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@Killer_of_trolls: Realistically speaking Ip Man would get wrecked by Yuri Boyka in a fight. Wing Chun is a very defensive technique that uses grapples and strikes. Bruce Lee commented that during a fight that he felt Wing Chun was too 'formal', relying too much on poster and stance, and thus he felt defenseless when facing a quick and brutal opponent (which is what Yuri Boyka is). Hence why Bruce invented Ju Ken Do. However if we are take movie feats into consideration then Ip Man would win because his punches and reflexes were like beyond human level speeds (just look at them he punches them like 5 times in a split second).

Interesting fact about Ip Man, that many people don't know, is that he was a opium addict :D He used almost all of his tuition money he gained from teaching people Wing Chun exclusively on opium.

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shavo

what ip man uses is wing chun and that's only good against something like karate this probably doesn't matter but i fought a wing chun black belt and i kickbox and he got completely overwhelmed in the ring by my flurry of kicks and punches and thas just kickboxing imagine what yuri would do he uses kickboxing,wushu,muay thai,taekwondo,judo,ninjustu,karate,and jiujutsu

Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: That is more or less what I was thinking. You know 5p/s is not exactly "above human", I've seen faster(doesn't mean it's not super rare. The guiness record was broken many times. regardless he is that fast in the "making of' footage

check this guy whose pretty good, but no where near the record , and takes decades:

Also, I loved the "the ground is made of lava" fight on the table in Ip Man 2. when hung fliped the 2 chairs and jumped on them to bounce that was super human.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@KINGJAMES447: I already said that Ip Man would lose in a fight in real world terms. If we are to take the feats from the movie and use the fictionalized versions of each character then I would say Ip Man wins. Wing Chun and most forms of martial arts from China are not very good in actual competition with the exception of maybe Shaolin.

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Shavo

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: ok i was responding to the guy on how ip man get pummeled

Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: @OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@KINGJAMES447: Wing Chun and most forms of martial arts from China are not very good in actual competition with the exception of maybe Shaolin.

Well... the highiest ranking shaolin outside china fought an average pro Kick boxer and lost very easily. It's on youtube somewhere.

Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: I always say your usernam ein my head very excitingly each time I see it.

@KINGJAMES447: Well, it's already decided Movie Ip wins, and real one loses.

Completely unrelated guys, but apparently if you teach bullshit for so long you start to beleive you own scams:

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@KINGJAMES447: My bad I thought you were responding to me.

@Killer_of_trolls: The problem with American martial arts is that is very different from one's back home. My dad who is from China says that all the stuff they teach you in America about kung fu and martial arts is wrong. I can't really corroborate this since I'm not a martial artist from China lol. But given how Shaolin was invented by Buddhist monks for self protection against bandits, and even the Chinese army at times, I would say they have the best chance (doesn't mean they would win).

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

NOBODY CAN BEAT IP MAN.....NOBODY!

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rolldestroyer

i watched both ip man movies but i didn't see undisputed 2 movie, but based on the video i'd say ip man wins he's simply more skilled and has taken dozen of opponents at once, IIRC in ip man 2 he was fighting on a table whose radius was roughly 1 meters against a master martial artist and came out as a winner,

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Rumble Man
of course Nobody beats IP man

@Vance Astro:

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Rumble Man said:

@Vance Astro:

Who is that?
Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rumble Man

@Vance Astro: batman char, with the name Nobody. League of assasins.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Rumble Man said:

@Vance Astro: batman char, with the name Nobody. League of assasins.

Oh, I know who Nobody is. What issue is that from? I thought that was some variation of Ant-Man or something.
Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rumble Man

@Vance Astro: Can't recall but it is in DCnU

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Yuri takes this after a hard fight

Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

Bump

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@Killer_of_trolls:

Ip Man is more skilled than Boyka...but Boyka is more versatile than Ip Man, he uses Legs more than Hands. In general, Ip Man is faster, he can totally catch Boyka by surprise and launch a few punches on his face.

The Only problem for Ip Man is, Boyka has very heavy leg strikes and fast too. Once Boyka hits Ip Man, Ip Man would definitely pass out (No Kidding, I'm a trained Chinese Martial artist...based on how Boyka strikes his opponents in the movie...it's a lethal blow. Chinese are smaller in size compared to Western people, different weight class is relevant in a fight, I am Chinese myself, I know very well)

Source: I have watched all movies (Undisputed 1 to 3 ; Ip Man 1 to 2)... and I have 8 yrs experience in Chinese Martial Art.

Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

@GodDamnIronMan: You haven't watched "Ip-Man: A Legend is Born"? I actually watched this one first instead of one, I was like "WTF, didn't these people die, why put the same actors in different roles".

I can't wait for 3 to come out, it's when he trains Bruce Lee.

Avatar image for mypasswordis1234
mypasswordis1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mypasswordis1234

Boyka would have pwn the Twister in a minute... Just look at his first fight in undisputed 2.

Ip man is very fast and he know tricky grabs, but Boyka is stronger harder deadlier. He beat Twister class(or at least, good full contact) fighters regularly in prison...

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@GodDamnIronMan: You haven't watched "Ip-Man: A Legend is Born"? I actually watched this one first instead of one, I was like "WTF, didn't these people die, why put the same actors in different roles".

I can't wait for 3 to come out, it's when he trains Bruce Lee.

Oh yeah, I forgot that I watched it......did you know that the lead actor in that film is a Martial Art World Champion in real life? he just won the Championship at China and then he took the job. 3 is not coming out soon, but there is another Ip Man film named "The Legendary Master" .

zill0678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie and real ip man beat him. people forget that post ww2 martial arts had no rules and that dieing was an acceptible part of learning and using the art. ip man is from that time and is like many top martial artist from that time able to easily take on 10 or more opponents because one on one was no contest unless it was with another master.

i saw nothing yuri did that ip man couldnt overcome he looked like a harder faster general from the movies but make no mistake ip man is wining this no matter which version is used

zill0678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By arqe

Wing Chun is a formal martial arts that is almost no use in a fight. That is why his students developed several other techniques including Wing Tsun , which is a modernized version of Wing Chun and useable in fights.

Ip-Man will lose to Boyka.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By gokuss4z

Ip man near death difficulty.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ip man.

andr4132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By andr4132

Yuri takes this, size is one of the most important thing in fight. People with big size has more advantages and moreover Yuri is quite agile and fast but strong. He should win this, he has great endurance too.

Hulk99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goddamnironman:

No, Boyka is way more skilled than Ip-Man.

Ip-Man does one style of martial arts: Wing Chun. Boyka does MMA, which is a combo of all the martial arts combined.

An average MMA fighter should be able to take out Ip-Man 8/10 times, let alone an expert like Boyka.

Any expert MMA fighter could take on any supreme wing chun fighter and win 10/10 times.

Temudjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Temudjin

@hulk99:

Seriously? You're arguing MMA vs. Wing Chun? That's not even worth bringing up, of course your average MMA fighter is going to annihilate any Wing Chun practitioner. But this isn't about MMA vs. Wing Chun or MMA vs. Ip Man. It's about Yuri Boyka vs. Donnie Yen as Ip Man, who actually has shown to incorporate more than just traditional Wing Chun techniques in his fights. He utilizes pressure point strikes as well as qin na joint locks and even some jujitsu techniques, not to mention various other Chinese martial arts. Frankly, neither of these characters are realistic in any way.

Going objectively with what we see in the movies, I think endurance-wise Ip Man and Boyka are on par, they've both been able to take heavy beatings from opponents and get back up to win the fight. I would give a durability advantage to Boyka however, simply based on his size and the fact that he's a wall of muscle, but Ip Man is more nimble and agile. In terms of offense, Boyka hits much harder and has longer reach, while Ip Man makes up for relatively lower striking power by hitting faster and more precise. If it came down to skills, they're about evenly matched looking strictly at the caliber and number of opponents they've beaten down.

I'll give a slight edge to Boyka because he's essentially as ruthless as Twister was but much more skilled (and Twister gave Ip Man enough trouble). All in all, I think it would be a good fight regardless of who wins.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

Its funny how people think Twister gave Ip man issues when Twister was out to kill him, while Ip Man held back. Also Twister had rig the match, and handicap Ip Man, yet Ip still won handily.

So the Twister argument is not worth bringing up really. That said, Ip Man wins. faster, and as strong. ip Man in films was punching people hard enough to send them flying through the air in a fw scenes, and Ip one inch punch his foe in the third movie hard enough to force him to submit.

As for who is more skilled, thats Ip clearly. Can Yuri fight blind by listening the the wind of super speed punches? No. Can Yuri disable people with pressure points like Ip did the Northener? No. Can Yuri claim to be the greatest master in a land that prides itself in legendary forms of Martial Arts? Nope, could not even beat a boxer with a few months MMA training :). Not to mention Ip Man shown to be a master with a variety of weapons.

Anyway, Ip Man wins.

Avatar image for allhailskeletor
AllHailSkeletor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AllHailSkeletor

The only sad part is viners trying to act like they're actual martial artists.

But Ip Wins. His speed and skill surpasse boyka. He has fought so many different fighters and styles of different variety of strengths and has won. Even a bunch of them at once while trying to kill him. I get boyka is good and knows alot of cool looking kicks and flips but that doesn't make you a superior Martial artist. Just because Ip used a more practical style doesn't mean he's any less skilled. Ip fought karate, Muay Thai, and Northern Style Kung Fu all similar to Yuri's style. And he wrecked them without getting hit once.

I'm not gonna lowball Yuri because he's damn good. But Ip is just better.

Ip wins.

Zakar23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I Like both of them but ip man would win because boyka can toke down 1 man while ip can take down 10

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ip wins!

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Alavanka

Boyka stomps.

Ip Man has absolutely no answers to anything Yuri does. Ip Man lacks footwork, head movement, leaves his chin open, hands are down half the time. Just terrible stance that doesn't have a place outside of movies. Boyka has longer reach, better footwork, and better head movement when it comes to stand-up. Boyka's ground game alone makes him twice the fighter as Ip Man. Anyone can tell you grappling is half of fighting. Ip Man has no answers to any takedowns or submissions. Boyka can literally rip out Ip Man's arm and take it home as a trophy.

Moreover, consider the timeframe of these 2 characters. Ip Man existed in a time before MMA, where all he had to fight was other chinese dudes waving their arms around. Boyka exists in a time where all of Ip Man's "super secret deadly chisau pattycake" was exposed. If Boyka had access to the internet in his like 30 years of adult life, he would have been able to google the plethora of YT videos where Ip Man's top students constantly bicker over who has the best sticky hands. There he would be able to formulate a game plan to neutralize all of Ip Man's tactics, which would basically just be "don't fight like Ip Man".

Ip Man's only real advantage is that he has a fanbase that defends him. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Close one! I'll give it to Ip, I guess!

Omega_Beams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Omega_Beams

Yuri Boyka . He is more brutal, fights like a beast and stronger also he have better fighting skills

Avatar image for bingothemotherload
BingoTheMotherload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the Ip Man franchise it's been implied that western style fighters have a huge advantage over kung fu masters due to size, durability and strength. I mean, Ip Man defeated the best other kung fu master without getting seriously hit once, and it was a no rules/no rounds fight. At the same time, he was barely left standing against Twister, and was saved by the bell a few times, even before the "no kicks" rule was brought in. And against the other boxer he was basically running for his life, and almost got killed if the timer didn't save him. Yes, Ip is fast and agile, but he has very little stopping power against well trained western fighters, as well as low durability once hit by them. Boyka would tank everything he throws, Ip Man would dance around, block and dodge for some time, but once Boyka connects, game over. MMA rules make this worse, as in a no rules fight Ip Man could maybe kill him with a kung fu throat crush or something similar. Groin shots and eye gouges would also even the playing field.

Deaney-Le

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By movie logic, I would give it to Ip man due to how op he really is in the movies but if this is a real life fight base on feats Yuri Boyka stomp Ip man because he face much worse enemies who is in the same class or even surpass him in term of strength and durability, Twister have nothing on professional MMA fighters (Dolor, Koshmar, Chamber,... Ect) seriously if this is in real life one powerful spinning kick from Boyka is enough to break Ip man hand !!