Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Static Shock said:
"Kimikirai said:
"What feats does Ken have?

And how do you have Iori over Ken gameplay wise?

In CVS1 AND CVS2, Ken has been top-tier while Iori sits on mid-tier. What moves, special moves, gimmicks, etc.. give Iori the edge over Ken, who has the most damaging b&b combo and the annoying roll cancel fqcf+roundhouse?

You can argue that Iori in SVC Chaos is better than NORMAL Ken (even than they're still pretty even), but Violent Ken is WAY better than Iori."

CVS Iori is garbage compared to KOF/SVC Iori... Just a thought. Both versions do not play the same. At least not to me..."
I concur.
Kimikirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Kimikirai
"You can grab during Iori's combo...I have done it."
You cannot combo into the grab. Game mechanics will not allow it. If you throw a move and they are hit or they block, the throw will whiff. Even Clark cannot combo into a grab, and he is the grabber in KOF.

"Level 3 supers do more damage than level 1 supers...it's does mean something."
More damage doesn't equal better. Shinshoryuken has SHITTY range. You have to be point blank. Ken's Shippu-jinrai super is only takes 1 meter, but he gets 3 stock with it. Ken's super can connect anywhere and combo from anything. Even a low-forward, if the tip of Ken's toe touches you, that super is connecting.

"Ken's Shoryuken is not better because it take out less damage.A Shin Shoryuken is almost and instant kill everytime..it's almost as powerful as the Raging Demon."
I think you're talking about Shoryureppa. Anyways, in CVS, Ken's Shoryureppa is  BETTER than Shin Shoryuken and it only takes one stock. You can connect a regular Shoryuken and combo into a Shoryureppa. If that Shoryureppa hits, you can combo into another Shoryureppa. If that last one takes them into a corner. You can hit them with Ken's other super QCF+Kx2. That is MUCH easier to land than Shin Shoryuken and, since you seem to think damage is more important, it is MORE damaging than a Shin Shoryuken.

BTW- Shin Shoryuken is not even close to an instant kill. It is only 60% health.

Not the combo I wanted to show, but it shows that a level 1 super can be more damaging than a level 3.

"Ken has never been next to Chun-Li in any SF.She is far above him in 3s."
Go to SHORYUKEN.com and say that in the forums. They will laugh you out. Or, tell all the people who won 3S tournaments using Ken, that Ken "has never been next to Chun-li"! lol.

Anyone remember this moment?

"Iori's most recent game is KOF 2006 WTF are you talking about.He was also in 2002,2003,and Maximum Impact..also in Neowave.He does have damaging combos..you just don't know how to play him."
If you know the combos. Tell me. Since you seem better with him than me. -_-

His B&B combo, like it or not, is jab/shortx3 + Shiki Aoi Bana (QCB+Punchx3). 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By Static Shock  Online
Kimikirai said:
""You can grab during Iori's combo...I have done it."
You cannot combo into the grab. Game mechanics will not allow it. If you throw a move and they are hit or they block, the throw will whiff. Even Clark cannot combo into a grab, and he is the grabber in KOF.

More damage doesn't equal better. Shinshoryuken has SHITTY range. You have to be point blank. Ken's Shippu-jinrai super is only takes 1 meter, but he gets 3 stock with it. Ken's super can connect anywhere and combo from anything. Even a low-forward, if the tip of Ken's toe touches you, that super is connecting.

"Ken's Shoryuken is not better because it take out less damage.A Shin Shoryuken is almost and instant kill everytime..it's almost as powerful as the Raging Demon."
I think you're talking about Shoryureppa. Anyways, in CVS, Ken's Shoryureppa is  BETTER than Shin Shoryuken and it only takes one stock. You can connect a regular Shoryuken and combo into a Shoryureppa. If that Shoryureppa hits, you can combo into another Shoryureppa. If that last one takes them into a corner. You can hit them with Ken's other super QCF+Kx2. That is MUCH easier to land than Shin Shoryuken and, since you seem to think damage is more important, it is MORE damaging than a Shin Shoryuken.

BTW- Shin Shoryuken is not even close to an instant kill. It is only 60% health.

Not the combo I wanted to show, but it shows that a level 1 super can be more damaging than a level 3.

Go to SHORYUKEN.com and say that in the forums. They will laugh you out. Or, tell all the people who won 3S tournaments using Ken, that Ken "has never been next to Chun-li"! lol.

I agree with all of this... Shin Shoryuken is powerful, but it has no range. You have to be close to use it to full effect. I have a better chance at hitting and doing more damage to my opponent with Terry's Power Geyser than the Shin Shoryuken.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Kimikirai said:
""You can grab during Iori's combo...I have done it."

"Iori's most recent game is KOF 2006 WTF are you talking about.He was also in 2002,2003,and Maximum Impact..also in Neowave.He does have damaging combos..you just don't know how to play him."
If you know the combos. Tell me. Since you seem better with him than me. -_-

His B&B combo, like it or not, is jab/shortx3 + Shiki Aoi Bana (QCB+Punchx3). 
"
Clark cannot combo into a grab because his grabs are actual moves...Iori's grab makes you switch positions with him so he can continue to hit you.
Level 3 supers do mean better if they connect.Raging Demon,Triple Power Geyser,and Shin Shoryken is almost always and instant kill.
60% health is an instant kill for a level 3 super because enough of the opponents health will have been taken away by the time you reach level 3.
Just because you can beat Chun-Li with Ken in a tournament doesn't mean they have ever been in the same tier in any Street Fighter.In 3s Chun-Li,Makoto,and Yun are top tier...Ken is not.
WTF is the point of talking about game mechanics and combos...instead of canon storyline.I could probably beat your Ken with Iori you you Iori with Ken...that doesn't prove anything.Terry killed Geese..If I beat your Terry with Geese,that doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Swagga Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Swagga Boy

I knew that video would come up lol

Kimikirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Kimikirai
"Clark cannot combo into a grab because his grabs are actual moves...Iori's grab makes you switch positions with him so he can continue to hit you."
Dude. Iori's throw is short range. Even if his throw is different than otehrs, you cannot combo into it. even jab will push him out of range. If you can show a vid of Iori comboing into his grab, I will happily concede this point.

"Level 3 supers do mean better if they connect.Raging Demon,Triple Power Geyser,and Shin Shoryken is almost always and instant kill."
Okay... but they are HARDER to connect and you can get the same/better damage by combo'ing level 1/2 supers. here i all the disadvantages:

- You have to build 3 meter to use it. What if you need a super sooner?
- If you miss, you' just wasted 3 meter.
- These supers are harder to connect

"Just because you can beat Chun-Li with Ken in a tournament doesn't mean they have ever been in the same tier in any Street Fighter.In 3s Chun-Li,Makoto,and Yun are top tier...Ken is not."
You really don't know anything about 3S. Chun-li, Ken, Yun, Gouki, Makoto are all tops. The actual top 3 are Chun-Li, Yun, and Ken. Go to Shoryuken.com, they will all tell you Ken is top-tier. Look at the tournament results. They will all show you Ken is top-tier.

"WTF is the point of talking about game mechanics and combos"
Um.. its a battle thread?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Static Shock  Online
Kimikirai said:
""Clark cannot combo into a grab because his grabs are actual moves...Iori's grab makes you switch positions with him so he can continue to hit you."
Dude. Iori's throw is short range. Even if his throw is different than otehrs, you cannot combo into it. even jab will push him out of range. If you can show a vid of Iori comboing into his grab, I will happily concede this point.

"Level 3 supers do mean better if they connect.Raging Demon,Triple Power Geyser,and Shin Shoryken is almost always and instant kill."
Okay... but they are HARDER to connect and you can get the same/better damage by combo'ing level 1/2 supers. here i all the disadvantages:

"Just because you can beat Chun-Li with Ken in a tournament doesn't mean they have ever been in the same tier in any Street Fighter.In 3s Chun-Li,Makoto,and Yun are top tier...Ken is not."
You really don't know anything about 3S. Chun-li, Ken, Yun, Gouki, Makoto are all tops. The actual top 3 are Chun-Li, Yun, and Ken. Go to Shoryuken.com, they will all tell you Ken is top-tier. Look at the tournament results. They will all show you Ken is top-tier.

Um.. its a battle thread?"
This is a little off-topic. You already know that I don't believe in a Tier-System, but what tier do you think Guy (Street Fighter Alpha 3) is?

caption
caption
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Kimikirai said:
""Clark cannot combo into a grab because his grabs are actual moves...Iori's grab makes you switch positions with him so he can continue to hit you."

Um.. its a battle thread?"
I'm done with you.This will go forever and nothing will get resolved.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Top Tier:

Upper Tier:

Middle Tier:

Low Tier:

Bottom Tier:

This if from SRK's wiki.Stop telling me about Shoryuken.com...I have been a member there since 2004.
Kimikirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Kimikirai
Vance Astro said:
"

Top Tier:

Upper Tier:

Middle Tier:

Low Tier:

Bottom Tier:

This if from SRK's wiki.Stop telling me about Shoryuken.com...I have been a member there since 2004.
"
GOOD! Now, lets see.. what did you say? "Ken is not close to Chun Li in any game!" Right. And that list has fluctuated and is different in Japan.

Obviously you aren't an active member since you think Shin Shoryuken is a good super. Everyone thinks its garbage and everyone uses Denjin Hadoken over Shin Shoryuken. And its NOT a 3 meter super.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Chun-Li's tier is clearly above Ken's tier.........

I don't care what everyone else thinks...I am my own person.Just because SRK deals with EVO doesn't mean they know everything.
Kimikirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Kimikirai
Vance Astro said:
"Chun-Li's tier is clearly above Ken's tier.........
I don't care what everyone else thinks...I am my own person.Just because SRK deals with EVO doesn't mean they know everything.
"
Yet Ken players consistently place high in the majors and consistantly beat Chun players. Why do people pick Ken if he sucks? Because he is cool?

Oh btw- MVC2: Chun Li is considered bottom tier. Shes down there with Roll, Servebot, and Dan. Ken on the other hand has one of the best assist in the game, has a combo that takes away 65% of your health WITHOUT supers, and has infinites on Sentinel. So obviously she isn't better than him in all games.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
Yet Ken players consistently place high in the majors and consistantly beat Chun players. Why do people pick Ken if he sucks? Because he is cool?

Oh btw- MVC2: Chun Li is considered bottom tier. Shes down there with Roll, Servebot, and Dan. Ken on the other hand has one of the best assist in the game, has a combo that takes away 65% of your health WITHOUT supers, and has infinites on Sentinel. So obviously she isn't better than him in all games."
WHO F#CKIN CARES...IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BATTLE!!!!!
You keep bringing up game mechanics...they battle is based on what we know these characters to have done in storyline and what they can do based on the powers they have and their moove set.I could beat Chun-li in the game with Sean if I wanted to...it has nothing to do with the battle.

You keep talking about these tiers and sh#t...WHO CARES? It doesn't matter who is better than who based on game mechanics.....Cyclops in MVC2 can't do everything Cyclops in the comics can do.So game mechanics wouldn't do him any justice.
Kimikirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Kimikirai
Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"

Oh btw- MVC2: Chun Li is considered bottom tier. Shes down there with Roll, Servebot, and Dan. Ken on the other hand has one of the best assist in the game, has a combo that takes away 65% of your health WITHOUT supers, and has infinites on Sentinel. So obviously she isn't better than him in all games."
You keep bringing up game mechanics...they battle is based on what we know these characters to have done in storyline and what they can do based on the powers they have and their moove set.I could beat Chun-li in the game with Sean if I wanted to...it has nothing to do with the battle.

You keep talking about these tiers and sh#t...WHO CARES? It doesn't matter who is better than who based on game mechanics.....Cyclops in MVC2 can't do everything Cyclops in the comics can do.So game mechanics wouldn't do him any justice.
"
1st off, obviously other people care, since other people brought it up "If this is SVC Iori". 2nd, The thread starter did not say this is a "CANON BATTLE BETWEEN IORI AND KEN".

In a battle, it is NOT off topic to say who is better than who in the game... seeing how they're FIGHTING GAME characters.

On to something else, Vance, why do you act like such a forum elitist keyboard warrior prick? In the end, nobody really cares how big your e-dick is. Just thought I'd point that out so you can maybe relax and stop going out of your way to keep up the Big Man on Comicvine facade.
xXi0RIXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By xXi0RIXx

ahemmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
LOL

i rushed down to target JUUUUUUUST to get a dsl box
as soon as i heard of thisss
LOL

for one

This  battle happend in CVS chaos thing

iori

kciked
ke nnns booootayyy

LOL
SECOND

lol iori has his riot

he can get his arm ripped off
and act as if nothing happend

xXi0RIXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By xXi0RIXx

OH YEAH btw...
ioris resent game

in kof xi (not counting the kof XII in production)

as of RIGHT NOW

iori is flameless

because in kof XI the ending

after iori nearly killed shingo and kyo

ash pops up
and steals his powers with chizuru
(thats whats rumored)
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

if your countin current iori

ken wins slightlyt

but if its prior XI

iori

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"

"
1st off, obviously other people care, since other people brought it up "If this is SVC Iori". 2nd, The thread starter did not say this is a "CANON BATTLE BETWEEN IORI AND KEN".

In a battle, it is NOT off topic to say who is better than who in the game... seeing how they're FIGHTING GAME characters.

On to something else, Vance, why do you act like such a forum elitist keyboard warrior prick? In the end, nobody really cares how big your e-dick is. Just thought I'd point that out so you can maybe relax and stop going out of your way to keep up the Big Man on Comicvine facade."
If this is SVC Iori than his moves are more powerful and more effective..that has nothing to do with game mechanics and tiers.I never said this was a cannon battle between anyone.
It is off topic to say who better in the game because It's possible I could beat someone with the worst character in the game while they are using the best.THE GAME is not what matters especially when we were told from the beginning we could use any media surrounding the character...movies,games,comics etc.

Why do you ask me personal questions instead of debating me? Did I hurt your vagina? Does caps lock hurt your feelings? I'm not trying to prove i'm better than you.I'm trying to make a point.Why am I going to sit here and go back and forth with you about tiers when it doesn't mean anything.If someone says "Iori wins because he beat Rugal (he didn't just an example)"...if I then try to match that by saying..so what Ryu is a better fighter because he's higher tier..that is a crappy argument".Ryu is written to be the best fighter in SF although he is not in the same tier as Chun-Li who we know isn't a better fighter than him from storyline.I'm not trying to act tough..you being a chump.I was proving a point  and you got touchy.
Kimikirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Kimikirai

"Why do you ask me personal questions instead of debating me? Did I hurt your vagina? Does caps lock hurt your feelings? I'm not trying to prove i'm better than you.I'm trying to make a point.Why am I going to sit here and go back and forth with you about tiers when it doesn't mean anything.If someone says "Iori wins because he beat Rugal (he didn't just an example)"...if I then try to match that by saying..so what Ryu is a better fighter because he's higher tier..that is a crappy argument".Ryu is written to be the best fighter in SF although he is not in the same tier as Chun-Li who we know isn't a better fighter than him from storyline.I'm not trying to act tough..you being a chump.I was proving a point  and you got touchy."

No, you didn't hurt my vagina. Actually, I had a little smiley face in the end of that but I edited it out. Because I thought you might think i'm trying to be dick. All I was doing is making an observation that you always act like you got sand in your vagina. Debate you? There is never any debating you. Heres how you debate:

1. "So and So" wins. (no explanation or reasoning)
2. "Well thats stupid, "so and so" wins because"
3. "Scans? Sources? I DON'T NEED THAT!"
4. Proof? I need proof?
5. Well, even though i'm proven wrong 100% I will not concede because they'll think little of me. :(
6. *insert random dick moves like constantly ttt'ing your own message that says "I win you lose"

Thats you.

BTW- in order to prove something.. you have to.. well.. PROVE it. You never prove anything. You just say things we should assume is true. I always supply sources, scans, etc.. to support my claims. You? You're like the fallacy master. In fact, from now on, i'm going to "debate" (if thats what you call what you do) you by calling out all of your fallacies. Strawman, slipery slope, irrelevant conclusion.. you name it, you use it.

So thats it for now. Don't think you hurt my feelings and i'm responding out of anger. That really isn't the case. My purpose in telling you that you act like a prick who is trying to show how big his e-dick is was an attempt to maybe get you to chill out. Judging from your last post, you're going to continue your little facade. So its pointless talking about this further. Go ahead and get your last word in so you can think: "yeah, everyone in comicvine saw how I pwned that Kimikirai!!!! :)"

Ciao~!
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Static Shock  Online
Kimikirai said:
"
"Why do you ask me personal questions instead of debating me? Did I hurt your vagina? Does caps lock hurt your feelings? I'm not trying to prove i'm better than you.I'm trying to make a point.Why am I going to sit here and go back and forth with you about tiers when it doesn't mean anything.If someone says "Iori wins because he beat Rugal (he didn't just an example)"...if I then try to match that by saying..so what Ryu is a better fighter because he's higher tier..that is a crappy argument".Ryu is written to be the best fighter in SF although he is not in the same tier as Chun-Li who we know isn't a better fighter than him from storyline.I'm not trying to act tough..you being a chump.I was proving a point  and you got touchy."

No, you didn't hurt my vagina. Actually, I had a little smiley face in the end of that but I edited it out. Because I thought you might think i'm trying to be dick. All I was doing is making an observation that you always act like you got sand in your vagina. Debate you? There is never any debating you. Heres how you debate:

1. "So and So" wins. (no explanation or reasoning)
2. "Well thats stupid, "so and so" wins because"
3. "Scans? Sources? I DON'T NEED THAT!"
4. Proof? I need proof?
5. Well, even though i'm proven wrong 100% I will not concede because they'll think little of me. :(
6. *insert random dick moves like constantly ttt'ing your own message that says "I win you lose"

Thats you.

BTW- in order to prove something.. you have to.. well.. PROVE it. You never prove anything. You just say things we should assume is true. I always supply sources, scans, etc.. to support my claims. You? You're like the fallacy master. In fact, from now on, i'm going to "debate" (if thats what you call what you do) you by calling out all of your fallacies. Strawman, slipery slope, irrelevant conclusion.. you name it, you use it.

So thats it for now. Don't think you hurt my feelings and i'm responding out of anger. That really isn't the case. My purpose in telling you that you act like a prick who is trying to show how big his e-dick is was an attempt to maybe get you to chill out. Judging from your last post, you're going to continue your little facade. So its pointless talking about this further. Go ahead and get your last word in so you can think: "yeah, everyone in comicvine saw how I pwned that Kimikirai!!!! :)"

Ciao~!
"

That was a mouthfull. LOL.
vavavoom99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By vavavoom99
@xXi0RIXx:
Iori still owns ken with or without flames. ken's ryu's shadow, like andy to terry he has no chance against iori
Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By saiyan_earthling

If Iori snaps, Ken's dead.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@vavavoom99 said:
" @xXi0RIXx: Iori still owns ken with or without flames. ken's ryu's shadow, like andy to terry he has no chance against iori "
@saiyan_earthling said:
" If Iori snaps, Ken's dead. "
How either of you come to this conclusion is beyond me.Iori has done nothing in the games or comics that suggest he can easily beat Ken.Also vavavoom's comparison between Andy and Terry os asinine.Terry is far ahead of Andy.Ken and Ryu are neck and neck and actually if Ken wasn't a married man with a kid he'd probably be better than Ryu because Ryu made reference to Ken being just as good as him without training as much as he has.
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By saiyan_earthling
@Vance Astro said:
" @vavavoom99 said:
" @xXi0RIXx: Iori still owns ken with or without flames. ken's ryu's shadow, like andy to terry he has no chance against iori "
@saiyan_earthling said:
" If Iori snaps, Ken's dead. "
How either of you come to this conclusion is beyond me.Iori has done nothing in the games or comics that suggest he can easily beat Ken.Also vavavoom's comparison between Andy and Terry os asinine.Terry is far ahead of Andy.Ken and Ryu are neck and neck and actually if Ken wasn't a married man with a kid he'd probably be better than Ryu because Ryu made reference to Ken being just as good as him without training as much as he has. "
You really need to lighten up. Seriously. 

What I said back there was just a random. Of course I think Ken can win this. I mean really, as much trouble as Ryu has been through in the games, Ken's been in the same situtation. He's fought good fighters, and bad (I mean evil, not crap) too. He's been good enough to beat Ryu during a spar. That's because Ryu wasn't being himself and was troubled since beating Sagat. This was when he gave Ryu his headband to stay focused and from Ken, "not to take yourself too seriously." 
What I meant by Iori snapping is when he loses control of his Orochi blood, he can be wild and unpredictable, stronger and faster, which could give Ken a hard time. While in his normal state however, Ken could mop the floor.

Then again, Ken wins.
What I said about Iori may not be right, so go ahead and prove me wrong.
vavavoom99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By vavavoom99
@saiyan_earthling:
what troubles has ken been through? he beat zangiev, that's about the only canon thing he's done, and for peopl who train so hard and so much ken and ryu sure come up short with new moves and creativity, Iori would beat them both down, snk in general has stronger characters than capcom does, more developed ones with better stories as well. as hardcore as iori is ken doesn't stand a chance. and as far as ken being ryu's equal well that was probably back in sf2, definitely not now, which doesn't say much since ryu hasn't advanced in anyway moves wise. if anyone can show me a canon list of ken's achievemets besides him beating zangief i'd love to se. 
as far as iori goes, he's fought plenty of higher skilled stronger fighters than ken or ryu and won, just look at any kof story line or his bio, at the end of 96 he kills mature and vice, end of 03 he beats kyo and shingo together, he help defeat orochi (strongest boss in any fighting game imo) and igniz, u don't get powerfull bosses like those in sf, not even shin akuma comes close to them.
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By saiyan_earthling
@vavavoom99: 
What has Iori been doing? I mean really, the only strong characters Snk has are Terry, Kyo, K', Ryo, Rock and Iori himself, but therer are more stronger people on the Capcom side. In case you didn't notice, Mature and Vice appear in XIII, that's because they survived Iori's attack and he had only beaten Kyo and Shingo when he went psycho. And yes, he did beat Orochi and Ignis, but he had help, nothing else. Without it, he'd be dead. Ken didn't just beat Zangief, he one shotted Hugo during the qualifying match in the comics, and Ken gave Vega a quick finish with a Shinryuken. KOF bosses are cheap, SF bosses are just skillful enough to beat you. 
No hard feelings.    
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@saiyan_earthling said:
You really need to lighten up. Seriously.  What I said back there was just a random. Of course I think Ken can win this. I mean really, as much trouble as Ryu has been through in the games, Ken's been in the same situtation. He's fought good fighters, and bad (I mean evil, not crap) too. He's been good enough to beat Ryu during a spar. That's because Ryu wasn't being himself and was troubled since beating Sagat. This was when he gave Ryu his headband to stay focused and from Ken, "not to take yourself too seriously."  What I meant by Iori snapping is when he loses control of his Orochi blood, he can be wild and unpredictable, stronger and faster, which could give Ken a hard time. While in his normal state however, Ken could mop the floor. Then again, Ken wins. What I said about Iori may not be right, so go ahead and prove me wrong. "
Ken and Ryu have always been neck and neck as far as their level of fighting skill.Ryu has told him that personally.I think there is actually something in canon SF storyline that suggests Ken has beaten Ryu as well and i'm not talking about the headband situation either.Since you said Ken wins.I have nothing to try and prove to you.I just didn't get how you came to the conclusion you came to in your post.
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By saiyan_earthling
@Vance Astro: Fair enough.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By daak1212

Iori is my favortie charecter in KOF
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By saiyan_earthling

I remember voting for Iori, then Ken, so now I vote back to Iori taking the fight.

goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#80  Edited By goldenshot80

Street fighter? WHO BUMP THIS?? ken wins though

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Sherlock
@saiyan_earthling said:
" I remember voting for Iori, then Ken, so now I vote back to Iori taking the fight. "
LOL thats pretty awesome

Ken Wins because hes from Seatle (Yes that is my argument for everything involving Ken)
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By saiyan_earthling
@Sherlock said:

" @saiyan_earthling said:

" I remember voting for Iori, then Ken, so now I vote back to Iori taking the fight. "

LOL thats pretty awesome  Ken Wins because hes from Seatle (Yes that is my argument for everything involving Ken) "
Actually Iori wins and it's not because he's from Japan. it's because:
  1. He was voted as the #1 Most Favourite Character in the Gameset 1997 Heroes Collection.
  2. He's inhumanly strong, because the Yagami's strength comes from the blood of Orochi, who is a god.
  3. He was so strong that it took the entire KOF97 roster to take both him and Leona down when the two went wild.
  4. He sort of got what he wanted, which is to defeat Kyo, along with Shingo, only for Ash Crimson to show up and beat him with ease.
  5. And if you look at the KOF storyline and think about it. Iori was also a KOF champion besides Kyo and Terry (Terry was the 1st KOF champion before Kyo became one in 94) , because he helped him (Kyo) in beating Goenitz and Orochi in 96 and 97, both guys who are actually powerful and cheap in terms of gameplay.

Note: If you're using the FF/KOF timeline, Terry was the first KOF champion, because the story of where he beat Geese and Krauser was used, but if you use FF/Art of Fighting (Yes, Art of Fighting takes place before the FF storyline), Ryo was the 1st KOF champion.

As for Ken, from what I've seen in him, he hasn't really done much:
  1. Having trained with Ryu under Gouken.
  2. Becoming a 3 time US Martial Art Champion
  3. Beating Ryu twice, one was because Ryu was stressed since his fight with Sagat and two, he may have beaten Ryu in SF2 as he promised to marry Eliza if he won against Ryu.
mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#83  Edited By mrtrickster

great two of the most popular fighters from KOF and SF, extremely close IMO. I'll go with Iori because I only played KOF before :)

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By termiteone4ever

Iori all the way . no doubt