• 84 results
#1 Edited by One-Above-You (1907 posts) - - Show Bio
Ken
Iori
#2 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on how bad Ken pisses Iori off....

#3 Posted by MotorSteel (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Iori is one of my faovrite KOF chracters...but Ken i one of my favorite SF chracters. Putting my opinions on them aside, I think Iori would win.

You should change Ken's pic.

#4 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

iori most deff

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly..now that I think about it.Ken wins...especially if were using the current Iori.

#6 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

I would go with Ken, but if he's fighting against SVC Iori, then I think Iori would take it...

#7 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"I would go with Ken, but if he's fighting against SVC Iori, then I think Iori would take it..."
SVC Iori is a beast.
#8 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn straight.

#9 Posted by Kimikirai (954 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell is SVC? Do you guys mean CVS, as in Capcom vs SNK?

Anyways~

Storywise, Iori. He has the Riot of Blood which will allow him to take Ken out fast. His fireball comes out a lot faster than Ryu and Ken (who have to charge). He won King of Fighters 97', what Street Fighter tournament did Ken win?

Game mechanic wise, Ken. He is top-tier in practicaly every fighting game. In CVS1, he had the most devastating combos (crossover, d.fierce, shoryuken, qcfx2 jab, qcfx2 jab, (into corner) qcfx2 short). Always fast. Has good priority. In CVS2, he has that annoying roll cancel qcf+roundhouse, which is DEFINITELY top 5 best RC in the game. In Third Strike, he has that retarded bread and butter d.forward into super.

I give the battle overall to Iori. For being cooler, and the fact that most battles are not on game mechanics.

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
Kimikirai said:
"What the hell is SVC? Do you guys mean CVS, as in Capcom vs SNK?

Anyways~

Storywise, Iori. He has the Riot of Blood which will allow him to take Ken out fast. His fireball comes out a lot faster than Ryu and Ken (who have to charge). He won King of Fighters 97', what Street Fighter tournament did Ken win?

Game mechanic wise, Ken. He is top-tier in practicaly every fighting game. In CVS1, he had the most devastating combos (crossover, d.fierce, shoryuken, qcfx2 jab, qcfx2 jab, (into corner) qcfx2 short). Always fast. Has good priority. In CVS2, he has that annoying roll cancel qcf+roundhouse, which is DEFINITELY top 5 best RC in the game. In Third Strike, he has that retarded bread and butter d.forward into super.

I give the battle overall to Iori. For being cooler, and the fact that most battles are not on game mechanics.

"
SNK VS CAPCOM CHAOS....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SNK_vs._Capcom:_SVC_Chaos
#11 Posted by Kimikirai (954 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:

Anyways~

"
SNK VS CAPCOM CHAOS....
"
Oh that garbage game. Ken is still better than Iori in that. Violent Ken is tiers abolve Iori.
#12 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:

Anyways~

"
SNK VS CAPCOM CHAOS....
"
Oh that garbage game. Ken is still better than Iori in that. Violent Ken is tiers abolve Iori."
Violent Ken basically is Iori.....
#13 Edited by Kimikirai (954 posts) - - Show Bio

Game mechanics wise? Iori doesn't even crack top 5.

Top 5
1. Geese Howard (G-tier aka God Tier)
2. Zero (G-tier)

Those are the only two people worth playing in that trashy game (that will never see the light of Evo or SBO). Here are the rest:

3. VIOLENT KEN
4-5. Terry Bogard/Chun Li

Iori would be somewhere around the bottom 6-10 along with Akuma, Kim, Tessa, and Ken.

Storywise, Orochi Iori is superior to Violent Ken.

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
Kimikirai said:
"Game mechanics wise? Iori isn't even crack top 5.

Top 5
2. Zero (G-tier)

Those are the only two people worth playing in that trashy game. Here are the rest:

3. VIOLENT KEN
4-5. Terry Bograd/Chun Li

Iori would be somewhere around the bottom 6-10 along with Akuma, Kim, Tessa, and Ken."
#15 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Kimikirai said:
"Oh that garbage game. Ken is still better than Iori in that. Violent Ken is tiers abolve Iori."
Ken is not better than SVC Iori. Violent Ken is another story.

Kimikirai
said:
"Game mechanics wise? Iori doesn't even crack top 5.

Top 5
2. Zero (G-tier)

Those are the only two people worth playing in that trashy game (that will never see the light of Evo or SBO). Here are the rest:

3. VIOLENT KEN

Iori would be somewhere around the bottom 6-10 along with Akuma, Kim, Tessa, and Ken.

Storywise, Orochi Iori is superior to Violent Ken."
Maybe you just aren't good at the game to think that no other character is worth playing with. Iori is one of the most devastating characters in that game, better than most.
#16 Posted by Kimikirai (954 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Kimikirai said:
"Oh that garbage game. Ken is still better than Iori in that. Violent Ken is tiers abolve Iori."
Ken is not better than SVC Iori. Violent Ken is another story.

Kimikirai
said:
"Game mechanics wise? Iori doesn't even crack top 5.

Top 5
2. Zero (G-tier)

3. VIOLENT KEN

Storywise, Orochi Iori is superior to Violent Ken."
Maybe you just aren't good at the game to think that no other character is worth playing with. Iori is one of the most devastating characters in that game, better than most."
Violent Ken is Ken as Orochi Iori is Iori.

IN TOP LEVEL PLAY, Geese howard and Zero are the only characters worth playing. Ask any good (ie. competitive gamers, people who have went to Evo, Nationals, or Super battle Opera) gamer. Can you play competitively at your local mall with Iori? Sure. At top level play, you cannot afford to play anyone else besides Geese or Zero. They have superior priority, they contol more space, they're just vastly superior to every other character in the game.

Just like in 3rd Strike. Sure good Remy players exist in the world. Who in the hell would play Remy at SBO or Evo? Everyone who places top will be playing Ken/Chun Li.

Just like in MVC2. Sure there is a good Dan player somewhere in this world. You will never see him place though since Magneto/Sentinel/Psylocke/Cable/Storm/Capcom combinations are vastly superior to any other combination of teams as far as priority, speed, damage, and space control.

In the case of SVC Chaos, Geese and Zero are leagues above everyone else. If you get two equally skilled players and have them face off with Geese and Iori... the Geese player will win the vast majority of the time.

Go to SRK and inquiry about who the top-tier in SVC Chaos is. They'll tell you playing anyone outside of Geese and Zero is pointless unless you're just messing around in casuals.
#17 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Kimikirai said:
"Violent Ken is Ken as Orochi Iori is Iori.

IN TOP LEVEL PLAY, Geese howard and Zero are the only characters worth playing. Ask any good (ie. competitive gamers, people who have went to Evo, Nationals, or Super battle Opera) gamer. Can you play competitively at your local mall with Iori? Sure. At top level play, you cannot afford to play anyone else besides Geese or Zero. They have superior priority, they contol more space, they're just vastly superior to every other character in the game.

Just like in 3rd Strike. Sure good Remy players exist in the world. Who in the hell would play Remy at SBO or Evo? Everyone who places top will be playing Ken/Chun Li.

Just like in MVC2. Sure there is a good Dan player somewhere in this world. You will never see him place though since Magneto/Sentinel/Psylocke/Cable/Storm/Capcom combinations are vastly superior to any other combination of teams as far as priority, speed, damage, and space control.

In the case of SVC Chaos, Geese and Zero are leagues above everyone else. If you get two equally skilled players and have them face off with Geese and Iori... the Geese player will win the vast majority of the time.

Go to SRK and inquiry about who the top-tier in SVC Chaos is. They'll tell you playing anyone outside of Geese and Zero is pointless unless you're just messing around in casuals."

How is this so? Are you a championship gamer? Are you arguing with me based on facts or who you THINK is the best to play with? As far as I'm concerned, if you are any good, you play with who you are good with. You can be a champ with any character, because if not, you wouldn't have so many in the game. Why would I go and ask any competitive player who the best character is? Those people would be giving me an answer based on opinion or on their personal experience with the game. Correct? How do you know if there isn't a competitive player out there that doesn't use Iori? Or Kyo? Or Ryo? There could be people (billions) out there that are exceptionally good or experts at using other characters in TOP LEVEL PLAY besides Geese and Zero and you wouldn't even know it, and could probably defeat any other competitive player that uses Geese or Zero. To say that there isn't is ignorance. You gonna sit and tell me that only two out of over 20+ characters are worth playing with? I've seen top level players, in a National Tournament at Arbor Place Mall, in Douglasville, GA where I live, use other characters besides the ones you even named. Iori was a favorite; the guy using him placed 2nd, and the champion of the tournament was using Kyo. There was only one person that used Geese, who was a top level player (who didn't even make 6th place), and he lost to a guy that used Ryo. Nobody used Zero. So, what are you talking about? The characters don't make the players, the players make the characters. If you think it's the other way around, then that would make me question you as a gamer.

So, I don't have to inquire about anything to anyone because I know what I saw at that tournament and apparently I have an open mind about this. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so it's strictly opinionated to say Geese and Zero are the only characters that are worth a damn. And, it's opinionated for me to say that Iori is better that Geese and Zero, as well as Violent Ken. So, your whole generalization about who's better than who isn't telling me anything.
#18 Posted by Kimikirai (954 posts) - - Show Bio
"How is this so? Are you a championship gamer?"

Yes, I am. Not in SVC: Chaos, but in MVC2 and SC2-3.

"Are you arguing with me based on facts or who you THINK is the best to play with?"

Based on facts.

"As far as I'm concerned, if you are any good, you play with who you are good with. You can be a champ with any character, because if not, you wouldn't have so many in the game."

If I give two equally average people a knife and a gun. Who would win the majority of the time? Who has the better chance of killing the other? Answer: The man with the gun. Why? He has a better tool. The gun controls more space than a knife. It is faster and does more damage. This same example applies to fighting games. Every character is a tool. Some tools are better than others.

"You can be a champ with any character, because if not, you wouldn't have so many in the game."

Flawed logic. The developers make the game and try to make it balanced. However, they can't anticipate what moves will have too much priority, glitches, etc.. Another reason they put more characters is to give the gamers more choices. Marvel vs Capcom 2 has 52 characters. 52. Only about 7 of those are useful in high level play. You have Dan. Dan has a fireball that covers no space. He is slow. His moves are punishable. his fastest move is 5 frames. Now you have Magneto. His dash is fast. His crouching short is 2 frames. He can tri-jump (very fast crossover). He has infinites (combos that do not end). He can guard break you. he has a good DHC. You're going to tell me that Dan can beat Magneto when both are used by equally skilled players? No.

"Those people would be giving me an answer based on opinion or on their personal experience with the game. Correct?"

No. They're giving you an answer based on what characters win the major tournaments (winnings $10,000+) and why. Why do you think all the 3rd Strike tournaments look like:

1st place: "insert name" (Ken/Chun Li/Yun/Makoto/Gouki)
2nd Place: "insert name" (Ken/Chun Li/Yun/Makoto/Gouki)
3rd Place: "insert name" (Ken/Chun Li/Yun/Makoto/Gouki)
4th Place: "insert name" (Ken/Chun Li/Yun/Makoto/Gouki)

You think Justin Wong, Ricky Ortiz, Daigo (these are the worlds best at Street Fighter), etc.. just all coincidentally like Ken/Chun Li/Yun/Makoto/Gouki? No. They're top-tier characters because they have better pokes, combos, control more space, etc..

OFFICIAL SBO RESULTS
Champions
INO Japan
Kuroda (Gouki)
Ino (Makoto)
MOV (Chun Li)

2nd
Saru (Yun)
Chinta (Ken)
K (Chun Li)

3rd
Champion Road ~Michi~
Boss (Makoto)
Rikimaru (Chun Li)
Ochibi (Yun)
//
YukiOtoko (Gouki)
Matsuda (Yun)
Umezono (Chun Li)

Gee... look at that. 0_0 Thats Japans biggest Tournament.

Now let us look at the US' biggest Tournament: EVO.

EVO RESULTS:

Tokido (Chun) vs. Amir (Chun) - Amir beats Tokido 2-0
JR Rodriguez (Akuma) vs. Justin Wong (Chun) - Justin beats JR 2-1

Amir vs. Justin Wong - Justin Wong beats Amir 2-0

Losers:

Fubarduck (Chun) vs. Ryan Hart (Yun/Ken) - Fubarduck beats Ryan Hart 2-1
Nuki (Chun) vs. Mike Watson (Ken) - Nuki beats Mike Watson 2-0

Wow! Those characters look familiar! Don't they? What a coincidence.

"There could be people (billions) out there that are exceptionally good or experts at using other characters in TOP LEVEL PLAY besides Geese and Zero and you wouldn't even know it, and could probably defeat any other competitive player that uses Geese or Zero."

You say: "Probably". I can say that someone "Probably" can beat you using their nose. Anyone can say probably. The FACT is that Geese/Zero win the majors. There is no probably about that. They are simply characters with the BEST tools.

"I've seen top level players, in a National Tournament at Arbor Place Mall, in Douglasville, GA where I live, use other characters besides the ones you even named. Iori was a favorite; the guy using him placed 2nd, and the champion of the tournament was using Kyo. There was only one person that used Geese, who was a top level player (who didn't even make 6th place), and he lost to a guy that used Ryo. Nobody used Zero. So, what are you talking about? The characters don't make the players, the players make the characters. If you think it's the other way around, then that would make me question you as a gamer."

At Arbor Place Mall, Douglasville, GA. Did I not say that good players can beat higher tier characters with low-tier characters at your local malls? lol. Do you know what SVGL is? Sunnyvale Golf Land in Sunnyvale, CA. Its considered the Arcade Capital of the Westcoast in the US. We have all the best players in the world play here like Ricky Ortiz, Chunksta, the list goes on. Any top-tier player will tell you a tier system exist.

Question me as a gamer? Hmm.. I've won several Soul Calibur tournaments, considered one of the best players in CA. I'm on Team Rapist which has the 2 of the top SC3 players in the World (KrazieCD and BrianH8s). I'm on Team Goonies for MVC2 which has Chunksta (just paced 2nd) in Evo 08' and you're gonna question me as a gamer? What credentials do you have?

There is a tier system. Its common sense. Every character is not created equal. If you cannot acknowledge this you're a scrub gamer. Period.
#19 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Kimikirai said:
""How is this so? Are you a championship gamer?"

Yes, I am. Not in SVC: Chaos, but in MVC2 and SC2-3.

"Are you arguing with me based on facts or who you THINK is the best to play with?"

Based on facts.

"As far as I'm concerned, if you are any good, you play with who you are good with. You can be a champ with any character, because if not, you wouldn't have so many in the game."

If I give two equally average people a knife and a gun. Who would win the majority of the time? Who has the better chance of killing the other? Answer: The man with the gun. Why? He has a better tool. The gun controls more space than a knife. It is faster and does more damage. This same example applies to fighting games. Every character is a tool. Some tools are better than others.

"You can be a champ with any character, because if not, you wouldn't have so many in the game."

Flawed logic. The developers make the game and try to make it balanced. However, they can't anticipate what moves will have too much priority, glitches, etc.. Another reason they put more characters is to give the gamers more choices. Marvel vs Capcom 2 has 52 characters. 52. Only about 7 of those are useful in high level play. You have Dan. Dan has a fireball that covers no space. He is slow. His moves are punishable. his fastest move is 5 frames. Now you have Magneto. His dash is fast. His crouching short is 2 frames. He can tri-jump (very fast crossover). He has infinites (combos that do not end). He can guard break you. he has a good DHC. You're going to tell me that Dan can beat Magneto when both are used by equally skilled players? No.

"Those people would be giving me an answer based on opinion or on their personal experience with the game. Correct?"

No. They're giving you an answer based on what characters win the major tournaments (winnings $10,000+) and why. Why do you think all the 3rd Strike tournaments look like:

1st place: "insert name" (Ken/Chun Li/Yun/Makoto/Gouki)
2nd Place: "insert name" (Ken/Chun Li/Yun/Makoto/Gouki)
3rd Place: "insert name" (Ken/Chun Li/Yun/Makoto/Gouki)
4th Place: "insert name" (Ken/Chun Li/Yun/Makoto/Gouki)

You think Justin Wong, Ricky Ortiz, Daigo (these are the worlds best at Street Fighter), etc.. just all coincidentally like Ken/Chun Li/Yun/Makoto/Gouki? No. They're top-tier characters because they have better pokes, combos, control more space, etc..

OFFICIAL SBO RESULTS
Champions
INO Japan
Kuroda (Gouki)
Ino (Makoto)
MOV (Chun Li)

2nd
Saru (Yun)
Chinta (Ken)
K (Chun Li)

3rd
Champion Road ~Michi~
Boss (Makoto)
Rikimaru (Chun Li)
Ochibi (Yun)
//
YukiOtoko (Gouki)
Matsuda (Yun)
Umezono (Chun Li)

Gee... look at that. 0_0 Thats Japans biggest Tournament.

Now let us look at the US' biggest Tournament: EVO.

EVO RESULTS:

Tokido (Chun) vs. Amir (Chun) - Amir beats Tokido 2-0
JR Rodriguez (Akuma) vs. Justin Wong (Chun) - Justin beats JR 2-1

Amir vs. Justin Wong - Justin Wong beats Amir 2-0

Losers:

Fubarduck (Chun) vs. Ryan Hart (Yun/Ken) - Fubarduck beats Ryan Hart 2-1
Nuki (Chun) vs. Mike Watson (Ken) - Nuki beats Mike Watson 2-0

Wow! Those characters look familiar! Don't they? What a coincidence.

"There could be people (billions) out there that are exceptionally good or experts at using other characters in TOP LEVEL PLAY besides Geese and Zero and you wouldn't even know it, and could probably defeat any other competitive player that uses Geese or Zero."

You say: "Probably". I can say that someone "Probably" can beat you using their nose. Anyone can say probably. The FACT is that Geese/Zero win the majors. There is no probably about that. They are simply characters with the BEST tools.

"I've seen top level players, in a National Tournament at Arbor Place Mall, in Douglasville, GA where I live, use other characters besides the ones you even named. Iori was a favorite; the guy using him placed 2nd, and the champion of the tournament was using Kyo. There was only one person that used Geese, who was a top level player (who didn't even make 6th place), and he lost to a guy that used Ryo. Nobody used Zero. So, what are you talking about? The characters don't make the players, the players make the characters. If you think it's the other way around, then that would make me question you as a gamer."

At Arbor Place Mall, Douglasville, GA. Did I not say that good players can beat higher tier characters with low-tier characters at your local malls? lol. Do you know what SVGL is? Sunnyvale Golf Land in Sunnyvale, CA. Its considered the Arcade Capital of the Westcoast in the US. We have all the best players in the world play here like Ricky Ortiz, Chunksta, the list goes on. Any top-tier player will tell you a tier system exist.

Question me as a gamer? Hmm.. I've won several Soul Calibur tournaments, considered one of the best players in CA. I'm on Team Rapist which has the 2 of the top SC3 players in the World (KrazieCD and BrianH8s). I'm on Team Goonies for MVC2 which has Chunksta (just paced 2nd) in Evo 08' and you're gonna question me as a gamer? What credentials do you have?

There is a tier system. Its common sense. Every character is not created equal. If you cannot acknowledge this you're a scrub gamer. Period.
"

You can't compare a gun and a knife to two different fighting game characters. That's ridiculous. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter what character you use. You can be good with any character. I don't really care who or what championship player play with. I'm telling you what I saw, and its in contrast to what you are saying. Tier system. Yeah right. Any top-tier player will tell you who to play with based on experience. Not fact. My credentials are irrelevant, and I didn't even ask you what you were all about. All of this is talk, but then again, people lie on the Internet. So, you could be bullsh!tting. No offense. You're the one who came in here with pointless fighting game terminology. Not me. What's common sense is that anyone can be a champ with any character. To say otherwise is crazy. But, whatever.... If you don't think anyone can be gangsta with Dan against Magneto, then that's your problem....
#20 Edited by Kimikirai (954 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like "evidence" (all the champs using the same characters) and metaphors don't work for you. Heres a real life example:

MAGNETO

CAPTAIN AMERICA

Notice that Magneto is:
- way faster
- takes away way more damage
- controls way more space
- is not reliant on assist
- attacks way faster than captain america in air and ground

Notice Captain America:
- doesn't control a lot of space
- moves a lot slower
- combos do less damage

And you're saying that two players of the same skill have the same chance of winning when one uses Captain America and the other Magneto? Its common sense that some tools are better than the other. If you cannot admit this from looking at these characters, than you're in denile.
#21 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

Violent Ken wins.

#22 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Kimikirai said:
"If you cannot admit this from looking at these characters, than you're in denile."

I'm not in denial.
#23 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio

Lori is a beast. A true beast that even Ken could match. Lori wins.

#24 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Hedatary said:
"Iori is a beast. A true beast that even Ken could match. Iori wins."
#25 Posted by Jaadu (537 posts) - - Show Bio

Iori would win against Ken (the normal one)

#26 Posted by One-Above-All (485 posts) - - Show Bio
Hedatary said:
"Lori is a beast. A true beast that even Ken could match. Lori wins."
lol it's iori not Lori
#27 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
One-Above-All said:
"Hedatary said:
"Lori is a beast. A true beast that even Ken could match. Lori wins."
lol it's iori not Lori"
lol whatever. i'm too hungry to care....
#28 Posted by Man Without Fear (219 posts) - - Show Bio

Iori cannot beat Ken..I don't know what he has done to make you all think that but he cannot beat Ken.

#29 Edited by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
Man Without Fear said:
"Iori cannot beat Ken..I don't know what he has done to make you all think that but he cannot beat Ken."
For one...he is like omg, way more hip then Ken. xD
#30 Posted by Jaadu (537 posts) - - Show Bio
Man Without Fear said:
"Iori cannot beat Ken..I don't know what he has done to make you all think that but he cannot beat Ken."
explain y u think Ken would win
#31 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Man Without Fear said:

We could say the same for you.
#32 Posted by Man Without Fear (219 posts) - - Show Bio
Jaadu said:
"Man Without Fear said:
explain y u think Ken would win"
Iori is the Namor of the KOF world.He's hot-headed and careless.This is why Kyo always beats him.He gains power from violence so at some point he's like Wolverine and Sabretooth...very good fighters...but when you piss them off,they fight like animals.Ken is a very technical fighter and although he doesn't train as much as Ryu..he's still on par with him.
#33 Posted by Kimikirai (954 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Kimikirai said:
"If you cannot admit this from looking at these characters, than you're in denile."

I'm not in denial."
Then using the example I put forth (the two videos) explain how two equally skilled players are completely equal with one using the slow, not damaging, can't control space well Captain America and the other using the high priority, 2-frame short, tri-jumping, very damaging, fastest character in the game, space controlling Magneto.
#34 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

Ken Wins.

#35 Posted by Swagga Boy (3769 posts) - - Show Bio

we know ken wins it was said from the start i guess >_<

#36 Edited by Kimikirai (954 posts) - - Show Bio
Man Without Fear said:
"Jaadu said:
"Man Without Fear said:
Iori is the Namor of the KOF world.He's hot-headed and careless.This is why Kyo always beats him.He gains power from violence so at some point he's like Wolverine and Sabretooth...very good fighters...but when you piss them off,they fight like animals.Ken is a very technical fighter and although he doesn't train as much as Ryu..he's still on par with him."
Iori isn't hotblooded. He is actually really calm. he is only "hotheaded" when he enters the Riot of Blood. If he is in that state, it is over for Ken. And if anyone is hot headed and careless its Ken.

The reason why Iori would stomp Ken is because of his Orochi bloodline. Ken cannot stop Iori once he enters Riot of Blood.

Story wise: Iori > Ken
Gameplay wise: Ken > Iori
#37 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
Kimikirai said:
"Man Without Fear said:
"Jaadu said:
"Man Without Fear said:
Iori is the Namor of the KOF world.He's hot-headed and careless.This is why Kyo always beats him.He gains power from violence so at some point he's like Wolverine and Sabretooth...very good fighters...but when you piss them off,they fight like animals.Ken is a very technical fighter and although he doesn't train as much as Ryu..he's still on par with him."
Iori isn't hotblooded. He is actually really calm. And if anyone is hot headed and careless its Ken.

The reason why Iori would stomp Ken is because of his Orochi bloodline. Ken cannot stop Iori once he enters Riot of Blood.

Gameplay wise: Ken > Iori"
No he's not...Watch KOF Another Days.Ken is not hotheaded or careless...read Street Fighter:The Eternal Challange.
When Iori goes Orochi he can't control himself.He's more powerful but not in the same mindframe.Riot blood ain't sh#t.Terry and Kyo both beat Orochi more powerful than Iori.

Storywise:Ken>Iori
Gameplay wise:Iori>Ken
#38 Posted by Kimikirai (954 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:
"Man Without Fear said:
"Jaadu said:
"Man Without Fear said:
Iori isn't hotblooded. He is actually really calm. And if anyone is hot headed and careless its Ken.

No he's not...Watch KOF Another Days.Ken is not hotheaded or careless...read Street Fighter:The Eternal Challange.
When Iori goes Orochi he can't control himself.He's more powerful but not in the same mindframe.Riot blood ain't sh#t.Terry and Kyo both beat Orochi more powerful than Iori.

"
What feats does Ken have?

And how do you have Iori over Ken gameplay wise?

In CVS1 AND CVS2, Ken has been top-tier while Iori sits on mid-tier. What moves, special moves, gimmicks, etc.. give Iori the edge over Ken, who has the most damaging b&b combo and the annoying roll cancel fqcf+roundhouse?

You can argue that Iori in SVC Chaos is better than NORMAL Ken (even than they're still pretty even), but Violent Ken is WAY better than Iori.
#39 Edited by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:
"Man Without Fear said:
"Jaadu said:
"Man Without Fear said:

"
What feats does Ken have?

In CVS1 AND CVS2, Ken has been top-tier while Iori sits on mid-tier. What moves, special moves, gimmicks, etc.. give Iori the edge over Ken, who has the most damaging b&b combo and the annoying roll cancel fqcf+roundhouse?

You can argue that Iori in SVC Chaos is better than NORMAL Ken (even than they're still pretty even), but Violent Ken is WAY better than Iori."
I could name Ken feats all day but I don't have the scans to prove it but he's on par and at one point was better than Ryu...even without training as much as Ryu has.
Iori is over Ken gameplay wise because he has more moves and more powerful moves and he only has two moves that puts him in a bad position if he misses and all of Ken's moves do that.
Tiers are partly based on popularity..Ken is low tier in SF though.
Iori from any game especially CVS and SVC is more powerful and more versatile than Ken.Violent Ken is Ken with Iori's power's so either way that is a testament to Iori's power.
#40 Posted by Kimikirai (954 posts) - - Show Bio
"Iori is over Ken gameplay wise because he has more moves and more powerful moves and he only has two moves that puts him in a bad position if he misses and all of Ken's moves do that."

Iori only has four special moves.

1. QCB+Any Punch x3: This move is punishable on block.
2. FQCF+Any punch: This move is an anti-air like Shoryuken, only LESS priority and NO invincibility frames on startup.
3. QCF+Any punch: A standard fireball/wave.
4. HCB+Any punch: A no-damage throw that allows Iori to get a free combo.

Ken has five special moves:
1. FQCF+Roundhouse: A fast kick that takes a way a lot of damage, high priority, works like an anti-air, and is not punishable on block. With RC'ing (roll cancel) it is a broken move that can be spamed all day.
2. FQCF+Any punch: The popular Dragon Punch aka Shoryuken. Best anti-air in any fighting game because Ryu/Ken/Akuma have invincibility frames on startup.
3. QCF+Any punch: The standard fireball.
4. QCB+Any kick: The hurricane kick. Bad move that can be easily punished by crouching. It is good to use it to run away though.
5. HCB+Any punch: A roll, used to travel.

All of Iori's moves can be punished on block or whiff. Ken has one move that is not punishable on block or whiff.

"Tiers are partly based on popularity..Ken is low tier in SF though."

No they aren't. They're based on what characters have the best tools. When you're competing for $10,000 you're not going to pick the character you like.

"Iori from any game especially CVS and SVC is more powerful and more versatile than Ken.Violent Ken is Ken with Iori's power's so either way that is a testament to Iori's power."

Not really. The only advantage Iori has over Ken is a better roll and his crouching roundhouse. Ken's combos do more damage and are safe. He has the roll cancel FQCF+Kick. He has the better anti-air. Whats the source of Violent Ken being ken with Orochi power?
#41 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
Kimikirai said:
"
"Iori is over Ken gameplay wise because he has more moves and more powerful moves and he only has two moves that puts him in a bad position if he misses and all of Ken's moves do that."

Iori only has four special moves. 

1. QCB+Any Punch x3: This move is punishable on block.
2. FQCF+Any punch: This move is an anti-air like Shoryuken, only LESS priority and NO invincibility frames on startup.
3. QCF+Any punch: A standard fireball/wave.
4. HCB+Any punch: A no-damage throw that allows Iori to get a free combo.

Ken has five special moves:
1. FQCF+Roundhouse: A fast kick that takes a way a lot of damage, high priority, works like an anti-air, and is not punishable on block. With RC'ing (roll cancel) it is a broken move that can be spamed all day.
2. FQCF+Any punch: The popular Dragon Punch aka Shoryuken. Best anti-air in any fighting game because Ryu/Ken/Akuma have invincibility frames on startup.
3. QCF+Any punch: The standard fireball.
4. QCB+Any kick: The hurricane kick. Bad move that can be easily punished by crouching. It is good to use it to run away though.
5. HCB+Any punch: A roll, used to travel.

All of Iori's moves can be punished on block or whiff. Ken has one move that is not punishable on block or whiff.

"Tiers are partly based on popularity..Ken is low tier in SF though."

No they aren't. They're based on what characters have the best tools. When you're competing for $10,000 you're not going to pick the character you like. 

"Iori from any game especially CVS and SVC is more powerful and more versatile than Ken.Violent Ken is Ken with Iori's power's so either way that is a testament to Iori's power."

Not really. The only advantage Iori has over Ken is a better roll and his crouching roundhouse. Ken's combos do more damage and are safe. He has the roll cancel FQCF+Kick. He has the better anti-air. Whats the source of Violent Ken being ken with Orochi power?
"
1.Iori has more moves in general...they also cut out two of his specials for CVS2.
2.If Ken doesn't connect with any of his supers or his Shoryuken or Tatsumaki Senpukyakuu Hadoken is the only move that doesn't leave him open.
3.Tiers are based on a characters best tools but also on popularity.Either way tiers don't mean anything because even if your character is a higher tier than mine...it's possible I can still beat you.
4.Iori's moves take out more supers included.Ken's combos aren't more safe nor do they do more damage.Iori can hold characters..is combos are are possibly the most safe in KOF next to any of the grapplers or the bosses.
#42 Posted by Kimikirai (954 posts) - - Show Bio

1. What moves did they remove? And I did not list 3 of Ken's other specials:

Oosoto Mawashi Geri
Inazuma Kakoto Wari
Kama Barai Geri

2. You're forgetting "Nata Otoshi Geri" which is one of the top moves in CVS2. It is fast, damaging, and nonpunishable on whiff and block.

On the otherhand, ALL of Iori's moves are punishable on whiff or block. Furthermore, Ken's Shoryuken is better than Iori's.

Shouryuu Ken Invincibility (in frames)
Total Full Body Lower Body
LP 20 2 18
MP 26 2 24
HP 32 6 26

3. You "could" beat me, but I have the advantage. And assuming I am equal or better than you, I will win the vast majority of the time. This is why competitors always use top-tier in game tournaments. To maximize their advantages.

4. What combos does Iori have that do more damage than Ken? I can literally pull out the damage chart for combos. And what combo does Iori have thats safe on block? His qcb+punch x3 combos are all unsafe on block. His super hcbf+punch is unsafe on block. What combo of his is safe on block? And I already listed that Ken has the most damaging combo that doesn't require meter (the one that ends with "
Nata Otoshi Geri" aka. FQCF+short). And that is SAFE on block and SAFE on whiff.

#43 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Those 3 specials are based on the Alpha\SF II moveset.CVS2 is the latest version of Ken before SFIV

2.Iori has moves from the KOF\Fatal Fury timeline (KOF2006) and from the NeoKOF timeline (2002-2005) that he didn't have in CVS2.I don't know any of the names of his moves so I would have to do research on that.
3.Ok but in canon storyline Ken is a better fighter than people that are higher tier than him.Ryu is the best fighter and he isn't top tier.Ken is Upper and Ryu is Mid.Iori in KOF is C-tier which is below Mid-tier but in cannon as far as wins and fighting skill he is only second to Kyo and Ash Crimson.
4.Iori has a grab move that will allow you to do 3 or more combos for the opponent falls or gets dizzy.They aren't counted as one whole combo though...but you can take half a persons life with it.Also KOF has Strikers which keep the character up a while after your combo is finished.
#44 Posted by Kimikirai (954 posts) - - Show Bio

1. They are in CVS2. http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/562704/34171

2. Okay.

3. I don't read the SF Comics, so I can't judge anything on them. I've seen all the animes and know all the SF game storylines. So I can't comment on that (which is why i'd appreciate scans or a link to see the comic *wink* *wink*). From the storyline I know, Iori seems like he has more feats than Ken (ie. killing Vice and Mayhem) and is more crucial to the story.

4. I am well aware of Iori's grab that gives him a free combo. The problem is that the grab doesn't have Zangief/Raiden/Clark priority and it is short range (so you can't block and then buffer the throw) so a good spacer will poke the hell out of you if your goal is that throw. if you want to talk about damage, Ken has a 1 hit kill combo in Super Turbo and a 95% damage combo in every SFII version after Super.

#45 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
Kimikirai said:
"1. They are in CVS2. http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/562704/34171

2. Okay.

3. I don't read the SF Comics, so I can't judge anything on them. I've seen all the animes and know all the SF game storylines. So I can't comment on that (which is why i'd appreciate scans or a link to see the comic *wink* *wink*). From the storyline I know, Iori seems like he has more feats than Ken (ie. killing Vice and Mayhem) and is more crucial to the story.

4. I am well aware of Iori's grab that gives him a free combo. The problem is that the grab doesn't have Zangief/Raiden/Clark priority and it is short range (so you can't block and then buffer the throw) so a good spacer will poke the hell out of you if your goal is that throw. if you want to talk about damage, Ken has a 1 hit kill combo in Super Turbo and a 95% damage combo in every SFII version after Super."
You don't have to read SF comics to know where Ken ranks in SF all you have to do is play the games.
Killing Vice isn't a great feat and neither is killing Mayhem
Yes Iori's grab is short range but when your already comboing someone especially in a corner trap...they don't have anywhere to go.Ken doesn't currently have a one hit kill combo and his Supers aren't that powerful.Most of his supers can be done at level 1.
#46 Posted by Kimikirai (954 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:

2. Okay.

4. I am well aware of Iori's grab that gives him a free combo. The problem is that the grab doesn't have Zangief/Raiden/Clark priority and it is short range (so you can't block and then buffer the throw) so a good spacer will poke the hell out of you if your goal is that throw. if you want to talk about damage, Ken has a 1 hit kill combo in Super Turbo and a 95% damage combo in every SFII version after Super."
You don't have to read SF comics to know where Ken ranks in SF all you have to do is play the games.
Yes Iori's grab is short range but when your already comboing someone especially in a corner trap...they don't have anywhere to go.Ken doesn't currently have a one hit kill combo and his Supers aren't that powerful.Most of his supers can be done at level 1.
"
Having your supers done at level 3 or level 1 doesn't mean anything. In SF3 Third Strike, Ryu's Shoyuken super takes meter, Ken's does 1 meter. Ken's is considered better due to multiple usage and practicality.

And you cannot combo into Iori's grab. It has to be buffered, and it has to be ranged. Even in the corner, if you hit with a tiny jab, and attempt the throw, it will whiff.

In current games, Ken is considered, next to Chun Li, the BEST character in Third Strike. In MVC2, he is considered one of the best anti-air assist. He can remove at least 50% plus of your life in MVC2. In CVS2, he is considered top. Those are the most recent games. Iori's most recent game is KOF 2001 and CVS2. He is top in neither. He has no damaging combo in neither.

#47 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:

2. Okay.

"
Having your supers done at level 3 or level 1 doesn't mean anything. In SF3 Third Strike, Ryu's Shoyuken super takes meter, Ken's does 1 meter. Ken's is considered better due to multiple usage and practicality.

And you cannot combo into Iori's grab. It has to be buffered, and it has to be ranged. Even in the corner, if you hit with a tiny jab, and attempt the throw, it will whiff.

In current games, Ken is considered, next to Chun Li, the BEST character in Third Strike. In MVC2, he is considered one of the best anti-air assist. He can remove at least 50% plus of your life in MVC2. In CVS2, he is considered top. Those are the most recent games. Iori's most recent game is KOF 2001 and CVS2. He is top in neither. He has no damaging combo in neither.

"
You can grab during Iori's combo...I have done it.
Level 3 supers do more damage than level 1 supers...it's does mean something.
Ryu's Shin Shoryuken is a level III super in every game
Ken's Shoryuken is not better because it take out less damage.A Shin Shoryuken is almost and instant kill everytime..it's almost as powerful as the Raging Demon.
Ken has never been next to Chun-Li in any SF.She is far above him in 3s.
Iori's most recent game is KOF 2006 WTF are you talking about.He was also in 2002,2003,and Maximum Impact..also in Neowave.
He does have damaging combos..you just don't know how to play him.
#48 Posted by DRDOOMSDAY390 (1253 posts) - - Show Bio

lori.

#49 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

Ken.

#50 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Kimikirai said:
"What feats does Ken have?

You can argue that Iori in SVC Chaos is better than NORMAL Ken (even than they're still pretty even), but Violent Ken is WAY better than Iori."

CVS Iori is garbage compared to KOF/SVC Iori... Just a thought. Both versions do not play the same. At least not to me...