Ion Vs Phoenix

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Methos

Ok, time to bring out the heavy hitters for each side...

Phoenix (Jean Grey, any incarnation) Vs Ion (Kyle Rayner, first ION incarnation)

Both of these characters have power beyond most other characters in their respective universes so i'll give you a quick rundown of their powers ok?

Ion

For a brief period, Kyle achieved godhood as Ion, when he absorbed the leftover energy in the sun after Hal Jordan sacrificed his life in the Final Night limited series, energy which had merged and grown with energies released after Oblivion's defeat.

With his new powers, Kyle could bend time, space, and reality. Kyle could even be in many places at once. Kyle's trans-godlike powers had drawbacks: Ion was one with everything, but Kyle Rayner could no longer sleep or separate himself from the overwhelming responsibilities.

As Ion, he has god-like powers. He's able to project himself in dozens of different places at the same time and has a limitless amount of energy. One version of him is working at his art job, while another delivers meals to poor people in Uganda and yet others are in places such as Mexico City and London stopping crimes. Kyle is even off-planet, on the planet Tendax (where he visited with Jen in issues #138-139), which is still in the middle of a civil war. Kyle puts a stop to the fighting, acting as a sort of guardian over the whole planet. The biggest problem that Kyle has is that he can't sleep.

Kyle also uses his powers to make changes for his friends. He restores Jen's genetic powers so she is once again Jade and no longer needs aid of a ring. Kyle also uses his powers to break the mental barrier that John Stewart has placed on himself causing himself to be paralyzed.

Having new power levels, Kyle finds himself more and more detached from 'normal' people. When he's single-handedly able to stop an alien invasion, Superman intervenes and informs Kyle that he needs to back down and allow others to help. After awhile, Kyle agrees to stay in the background. He then utilizes his power to scan the planet, finding his father in a matter of minutes (Kyle only had a faded photo of his father and almost no memories of him). After having a face-to-face with his father, Kyle uses his time-travelling abilities to scan back in time to when the various men who became Green Lantern (such as John Stewart, Hal Jordan and Guy Gardner and even himself) first got their rings.

Quick Powers Rundown

• Reality Altering: Nigh-Omnipotent ability to manipulate Energy, Matter, Reality and all it's constituant parts.

• Chronokinesis: Nigh-Omnipotent ability to manipulate time.

• Flight

• Energy Manipulation

• Psionics

(Kyle ION details taken from various sources on the net)

Phoenix

The Phoenix can revive, absorb, rechannel, and preserve the lifeforce of any kind of lifeform, meaning that she can take life energy from one person and give it to others, heal herself with the same life energy, or even resurrect the dead, since the Phoenix is the sum of all life and death.

As Phoenix, Jean's powers escalate to an incalculable level: allowing her to rearrange matter at a subatomic level, fly unaided through space, survive in any atmosphere, and generate massive destructive blasts and atmospheric disturbances. She manifests a "telekinetic sensitivity" (called "the Manifestation of the Phoenix") to objects in her immediate environment that lets her feel the texture of objects, their molecular patterns, feel when other objects come into contact with them, and probe them at a molecular level.

When she engages her Phoenix powers, Jean is surrounded in a flame-like energy corona that takes the form of a large bird of prey. As the Phoenix, Jean can resurrect herself after death and is unaffected by the passage of time.

The Phoenix's power could tap into the energy provided by life-force reserved for future generations, thus denying them existence. It can wield this energy to project beams of immense concussive force. It can transmigrate throughout time and space by folding its energy back into itself, causing it to collapse akin to a black hole.

It then reforms itself upon reaching its destination. It can directly absorb energy such as Cyclops' optic blasts or the entire energy of a sun. It is also capable of absorbing the energy and life-force from a foe. The Phoenix Force can control life and death itself and is the Guardian of Creation.

As it is the nexus of all psionic energy, it has mental abilities of cosmic scope, including telepathy and telekinesis, and often seeks out hosts who have strong enough psionic abilities so they will be able to withstand the force's power, such as that of Emma Frost who could not bear the burden of Phoenix when it bonded with her. When the Phoenix Force enters a host, a fragment of its powers is left behind when it leaves. Even a small fragment can be stronger than an unexperienced host using the Phoenix's powers, as seen by Rachel Summers, who had full access to the Force, but her opponent threw moons at her with only a fragment (the Phoenix Force decided to not interfere with mortal beings and only allowed Rachel to tap into the force's powers at that time).

When bonded with a host, the Phoenix Force amplifies their abilities to incalculable levels. It can manipulate matter on a sub-atomic level (e.g., turning wood to gold, stone to crystal, etc). It can teleport others across vast distances across space and can also open wormholes to access corners of the Universe. If the Phoenix Force is harmed or killed, it will form an "egg" of cosmic power, incubate in the White Hot Room, and hatch out completely healed.

(Again, Phoenix details taken from various sources on the net)

ok peeps... time for the big throwdown... Ion Vs Phoenix...

do we have a winner or is there even a reality left by the end of the fight?

M

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Martian

Nice picture of the two of them. I am not sure who would win though.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Methos

spiderman621 says:

"Nice picture of the two of them. I am not sure who would win though."

i couldn't actually decide who would win myself... i was just thinking about the battle and wanted to see what others thought of it...

personally i don't think there would be any reality left by the end of the battle if these two threw it down...

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Methos

Hmmm....

she is a omega level mutant admitadly... but can she stand up to Ion's chronal and reality altering powers?

M

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Final Arrow

I have to go with Ion, I had to totally think about this one .

So hats off to you Methos

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Methos

both of them control some serious power... i just can't decide who would win...

M

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Final Arrow

But lets face everyone will lose that battle would destroy the entrie Universe as we know it.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Methos

thats my bet... don't think there would be much of a universe left after the battle... especially when Ion starts altering time...

M

Golden Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By Golden Boy

Universe does get destroyed, but if Pheonix draws power from life force wouldnt she eventually run out of lives to tap into? I say Ion.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Satyrquaze

Ion goes back in time and kills Jean Grey in the cradle. That keeps the Phoenix Force from becoming a threat to Earth.

He then gets the Guardians to assist him in trapping the Phoenix Force within the Power Battery on Oa.

Mr Mofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mr Mofo

Ion's a sucker for the pretty girls. Phoenix could just make him think of Jade or whatshername, Alex? His girlfriend that got shoved in a refridgerator.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Prodigal Son

Satyrquaze says:

"Ion goes back in time and kills Jean Grey in the cradle. That keeps the Phoenix Force from becoming a threat to Earth.He then gets the Guardians to assist him in trapping the Phoenix Force within the Power Battery on Oa."

Ohhhh....could you imagine the Phoenix Force inside the Power Battery and helping power it? Wowzers!

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Final Arrow

Prodigious Man says:

"Satyrquaze says:
"Ion goes back in time and kills Jean Grey in the cradle. That keeps the Phoenix Force from becoming a threat to Earth. He then gets the Guardians to assist him in trapping the Phoenix Force within the Power Battery on Oa."
Ohhhh....could you imagine the Phoenix Force inside the Power Battery and helping power it? Wowzers!"

WOW is all I have to say to that

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Satyrquaze

Mr Mofo says:

"Ion's a sucker for the pretty girls. Phoenix could just make him think of Jade or whatshername, Alex? His girlfriend that got shoved in a refridgerator."

Jean Grey's a sucker for dumb-ass guys so it evens out.

Demigod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Demigod

Remember, the phoenix force alone is indestructible and immune to anything including reality and time altering powers. dark Phoenix will win.

In the battle of mind, dark phoenix will surely win. With jeans amplified and limitless telepathic powers, not even ion can escape her even if he can be at any places at anytime ("I dont't need ears to hear or eyes to see.",by Jean,...is this quote correct?). She can even now what's in Ion's head and will destroy him right away if he plans to escape or travel through time. She can consume Ion's energies just like the m'kran crystal and any other galaxies including stars. Ion absorbed only a leftover of a sun.

But I will go with Ion, because he's the good guy. And I think he has good powers too.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sync

Satyrquaze says:

"Mr Mofo says:
"Ion's a sucker for the pretty girls. Phoenix could just make him think of Jade or whatshername, Alex? His girlfriend that got shoved in a refridgerator."
Jean Grey's a sucker for dumb-ass guys so it evens out. "

YUP

gooooood point.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I agree with Oracle, this would be a very difficult battle. I think it would end in stalemate and an end to reality.

BUMPER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BUMPER

BUMP!!!!

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SeSAW

WCP or DP will win. post retconed Jean Grey Pheonix loses bad

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By King_Saturn
White Phoenix could beat Original ION... but I think ION could beat any other version.

PS - Can someone tell Geoff Johns or whoever to stop making Sodom Yat look like a total jobber with the ION power
acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By acewasp23
King Saturn said:
"White Phoenix could beat Original ION... but I think ION could beat any other version.

PS - Can someone tell Geoff Johns or whoever to stop making Sodom Yat look like a total jobber with the ION power
"

why? he is a jobber.
they should give it back to Kyle and kill yat.
i wish some one could tell Johns to stop messing up the GL comic.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By King_Saturn
acewasp23 said:
"King Saturn said:
"White Phoenix could beat Original ION... but I think ION could beat any other version.

"

why? he is a jobber.
i wish some one could tell Johns to stop messing up the GL comic. "
Because I actually liked Sodom Yat... at least at first when he challenged Superman Prime...
Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

King Saturn said:
"acewasp23 said:
"King Saturn said:

"

why? he is a jobber.
Because I actually liked Sodom Yat... at least at first when he challenged Superman Prime...
"

He had tons of potential, and why GL and GLC are the best comics out there, and i am loving pretty much everything GJ is doing with them. Sodam is a dissapointment. A daxamite w/ the Ion power seems like a no-brainer, especially when as a rookie he was standing toe-to-toe with Vetrans and impressing them. Yet w/ the Ion power he can't win a fight??? That makes no sense. Yet Tomasi said that we'd be seeing allot of power from him in the next few months, so hopefully they rectify this. Anyway. I'ma give it to Ion. His willpower can resist her TP especially w/ the power he's got backing him and their conflict destroy's the Universe. The Ion force keeps her from drawing on his life-force as strongly and w/o life-force she is weakened and eventually defeated.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By geraldthesloth

yats a grade a jobber it seems

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By King_Saturn
Emerald_General_Jai said:
"King Saturn said:
"acewasp23 said:
"King Saturn said:

"

why? he is a jobber.
"

He had tons of potential, and why GL and GLC are the best comics out there, and i am loving pretty much everything GJ is doing with them. Sodam is a dissapointment. A daxamite w/ the Ion power seems like a no-brainer, especially when as a rookie he was standing toe-to-toe with Vetrans and impressing them. Yet w/ the Ion power he can't win a fight??? That makes no sense. Yet Tomasi said that we'd be seeing allot of power from him in the next few months, so hopefully they rectify this. Anyway. I'ma give it to Ion. His willpower can resist her TP especially w/ the power he's got backing him and their conflict destroy's the Universe. The Ion force keeps her from drawing on his life-force as strongly and w/o life-force she is weakened and eventually defeated. "
Well... I guess we will just have to wait and see what Mr. Yat does in the ongoing future then....
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26  Edited By Erik

Er.... Toughie. 

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Tevnoba

Phoenix wins, hands down.  Although it would be a good fight.

killermike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By killermike

BUMP

sugarfree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sugarfree

i'd say ion, because dc never fails to come up with more crap to make their superheroes stupidly stronger than their own good.

Mr. Exfed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mr. Exfed

Either Parallax of Ion would defeat WCP ... and why would you bump this?

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Satyrquaze

Kyle and Jean would become "involved" and Jean would die. Thats what happens to A) anyone who becomes involved with Kyle. B) to Jean anyway... all she ever does anymore is die.

BatManuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BatManuel

Kyle and Jean would end getting horny how powerful they are. And instead of fighting.they would get married, end up making babies. Getting a house, then probably a divorce. Kyle losing half of everything. Cuz that's how unfair life is.

So i guess Kyle loses regardless. Lol

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#33 JediXMan  Moderator

Kyle and Jean would end getting horny how powerful they are. And instead of fighting.they would get married, end up making babies. Getting a house, then probably a divorce. Kyle losing half of everything. Cuz that's how unfair life is.

So i guess Kyle loses regardless. Lol

Please don't make inappropriate comments like that. Also, if you're going to bump ancient threads, please contribute something to them rather than bump them for the sake of bumping.

Thanks.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pheonix

BenRV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@satyrquaze: i dont think phoenix is affected by time travelers, even by the likes of ion

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenix.

davies107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if she is the sum of life and death, then she will win this.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

phoenix

willy_pingtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ion wins this

CryoModeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Phoenix.

Altough Ion had better hosts

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ion lacks feats to properly measure up to Phoenix, so we're left with hype where the PF still comes out looking better.