#2 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I heartily think that Light can drain any GL, I also believe that Ion in his prime is well beyond a normal GL.

I'd give this fight to Kyle.

#3 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

falls off his chair laughing...

man...

wipes tear from his eye

I haven't seen such a curb stomp since the Spiderman Vs Sinestro thread...

Ion... easily...

M

#4 Posted by Premutos (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"I haven't seen such a curb stomp since the Spiderman Vs Sinestro thread"

Well, Dr. Light MAY have a chance if he's lucky/gets the first shot.

Otherwise, against a guy who can control Reality? Ion 7/10

Now if it was Sodam Yat instead I'm not that sure...

#5 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Premutos says:

"Methos says:
"I haven't seen such a curb stomp since the Spiderman Vs Sinestro thread"
Well, Dr. Light MAY have a chance if he's lucky/gets the first shot. Otherwise, against a guy who can control Reality? Ion 7/10 Now if it was Sodam Yat instead I'm not that sure..."

New Ion can't control reailty.

#6 Posted by Vrakmul (23395 posts) - - Show Bio

OH MY GOD ROFLMAO!!! THIS IS ONE FUNNY JOKE!!! GAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!! Now seriously what thread did you actually intend to make?
Post Edited:2007-12-21 06:55:08

#7 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy says:

"New Ion can't control reailty."

Kyle as new Ion had limited reality control powers...

he had enough power to 'grow' exponentially and hold Nero in his hand like a marble when he was about to explode before banishing Nero into Hyperspace with a thought...

M

#8 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh then my bad.

#9 Posted by Vrakmul (23395 posts) - - Show Bio

If you were being serious then the first thing i shall do is, SHAME ON YOU MARVEL SHAME ON YOU!!! What did your mother tell you about making such horrible curb stomps? First off Ion can kill Dr. Light with no effort at all.

#10 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he was probably thinking what I was thinking when I first saw this thread. That flash girl from an alternate reailty gave Ion a fight. And even took control of his construct. So could Dr light win? And he probably didn't know Ion had some reality control.

#11 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

which is why it's so overkill lol

M

#12 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Copy says:
"Well he was probably thinking what I was thinking when I first saw this thread. That flash girl from an alternate reailty gave Ion a fight. And even took control of his construct. So could Dr light win? And he probably didn't know Ion had some reality control."
the new Ion's powers fluctuate even more than Supergirls lol it's starting to settle down now with Sodam, but nothing near what Kyle had control of. M"

lol.

#13 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy says:

"Well he was probably thinking what I was thinking when I first saw this thread. That flash girl from an alternate reailty gave Ion a fight. And even took control of his construct. So could Dr light win? And he probably didn't know Ion had some reality control."

the new Ion's powers fluctuate even more than Supergirls lol

it's starting to settle down now with Sodam, but nothing near what Kyle had control of.

M

#14 Posted by Vrakmul (23395 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy says:

"Methos says:
"Copy says:
the new Ion's powers fluctuate even more than Supergirls lol it's starting to settle down now with Sodam, but nothing near what Kyle had control of. M"

lol."

May I join you in laughing. Lol.

#15 Posted by Vrakmul (23395 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"i really don't get why Sodam-Ion had so much trouble with Superman prime?Kyle as Ion had the ability to go 'intangible' when he wanted to 'phase' things through him, i could see Kyle-Ion taking EmoMan-Prime, but Sodam seems really limited in his powers, especially as he still needs to rely on a ring as well...M"

Blame the writer. Then sue him. Then beat the living day lights out of him.

#16 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i really don't get why Sodam-Ion had so much trouble with Superman prime?

Kyle as Ion had the ability to go 'intangible' when he wanted to 'phase' things through him, i could see Kyle-Ion taking EmoMan-Prime, but Sodam seems really limited in his powers, especially as he still needs to rely on a ring as well...

M

#17 Posted by Vrakmul (23395 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"i just don't understand whats going on with Sodam... give Ion back to Kyle, thats where it belongs i think...M"

Sue DC out of ownership rights then adjust it to how you want it to be then let the rest unfold. That's a good plan.

#18 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i just don't understand whats going on with Sodam... give Ion back to Kyle, thats where it belongs i think...

M

#19 Posted by White Phantom (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Light may hold up for a bit, but Ion takes it. And by a bit, I mean 10 seconds, if that long.

#20 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

What can I say, I don't like the guy. And the whole thing of what he did to Dibny's wife didn't help him.

#21 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"i really don't get why Sodam-Ion had so much trouble with Superman prime? Kyle as Ion had the ability to go 'intangible' when he wanted to 'phase' things through him, i could see Kyle-Ion taking EmoMan-Prime, but Sodam seems really limited in his powers, especially as he still needs to rely on a ring as well... M"

Probably because Kyle Ion was a mix between gl and the starheart. So he was twice as powerful as sodam. But also I hear he only needed the ring to protect him from lead poisioning. I know that the Ion power should have done that it self but I guess for him it didn't.

#22 Posted by White Phantom (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

Supreme Marvel says:

"What can I say, I don't like the guy."

Which guy?

#23 Posted by Premutos (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Supreme Marvel says:

"What can I say, I don't like the guy. And the whole thing of what he did to Dibny's wife didn't help him."

Ain't this "I hate Dr. Light for being a rapist and I want him dead in the most gruesome manner" Internet trend getting kinda old already?

Me, he was one of the characters that got me interested in comic books in the 1st place. And I don't mean "because of ID Crisis", I mean like 20 years ago. Yep, even when he was a total loser who jobbed even more than he jobs now, in comic books such as Teen Titans and Suicide Squad. Yet even back then I thought he was a funny guy with a lot of potential, y'know?

How come guys like Black Adam, Hal Jordan and Superboy/Man Prime, who are MASS-MURDERERS and GENOCIDAL MANIACS, don't get this much hatred and even have fans?

#24 Posted by Buckshot (18869 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, I like Dr. Light.

#25 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

in this fight? or do you just like him?

#26 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

really? i havent seen him do that much...

#27 Posted by Buckshot (18869 posts) - - Show Bio

He loses the fight, but he's one of my favorite villains.

#28 Posted by Premutos (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"in this fight? or do you just like him?"

He's one of my favourite villains too, but this is a fight he probably can't win.

#29 Posted by King Saturn (222808 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I will take ION on this one. Boy ! The Green Lanterns really get a lot more love on the Comic Vine boards than they do on the Marvel Boards ! Man this is Great !

#30 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

" I think I will take ION on this one. Boy ! The Green Lanterns really get a lot more love on the Comic Vine boards than they do on the Marvel Boards ! Man this is Great !"

well they are right now the best franchise in comics in terms of storyline in my opinion

#31 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Premutos says:

"Supreme Marvel says:
"What can I say, I don't like the guy. And the whole thing of what he did to Dibny's wife didn't help him."
Ain't this "I hate Dr. Light for being a rapist and I want him dead in the most gruesome manner" Internet trend getting kinda old already? Me, he was one of the characters that got me interested in comic books in the 1st place. And I don't mean "because of ID Crisis", I mean like 20 years ago. Yep, even when he was a total loser who jobbed even more than he jobs now, in comic books such as Teen Titans and Suicide Squad. Yet even back then I thought he was a funny guy with a lot of potential, y'know? How come guys like Black Adam, Hal Jordan and Superboy/Man Prime, who are MASS-MURDERERS and GENOCIDAL MANIACS, don't get this much hatred and even have fans? "

Hear hear! I'm sick of this double standard as well.

Yes, Dr. Light is a rapist, but why do so many people have to hate him for it when they don't have any problem with the likes of Black Adam? What about Jean Loring? She killed Sue and I don't hear near the backlash against her character as I hear against Dr. Light.

I hate real rapists but I also hate real murderers.

I can appreciate the value of either type of villain.